Comic Talk and General Discussion *

two in the mornin' and chillin' on DD!
WingNut at 11:50PM, Dec. 27, 2006
(offline)
Here, proof that improvement comes with time.

Be warned, it's scary. REALLY scary. It made me laugh, and weep at the same time.

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/w/i/wingnut/wingnut.html

Oh god it hurts.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
medablack at 11:54PM, Dec. 27, 2006
(offline)
Hella better than I could do!
For all we live to know is known, and all we seek to keep hath flown - Poe
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
Aurora Moon at 11:54PM, Dec. 27, 2006
(offline)
The how to draw books, whenever it be on realistic art or manga stuff, seems to help more than the art classes does for me…

but yeah I know what you mean about the motivation.. that's why I'm actually taking visual/liberal art classes along with other miscellaneous classes to help myself stay motivated. plus I want the art diploma. =D

although… sometimes the teachers actually does give you some pretty good pointers, despite the fact that sometimes they're real pompus asses.. if you know what I mean.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
WingNut at 11:55PM, Dec. 27, 2006
(offline)
medablack
Hella better than I could do!

Ahh, but my friend, this was almost a YEAR of drawing on every scrap of paper I could find.

You'll get there laddie, not to worry. Just hang on to the old stuff, it's a hell of an ego booster. :D
Aurora Moon at 11:56PM, Dec. 27, 2006
(offline)
WingNut
Here, proof that improvement comes with time.

Be warned, it's scary. REALLY scary. It made me laugh, and weep at the same time.

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/w/i/wingnut/wingnut.html

Oh god it hurts.

I think those pictures are actually pretty good. you should had seen MY pictures from when I was a teenager. :P
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
medablack at 11:57PM, Dec. 27, 2006
(offline)
The art class I'm going to be taking is just a local thing. But when I get back to school next year, I'm hoping there will be some art classes for electives. Even the basic ones will be good. I know I'm taking a photography course, so that will help with composition and stuff.

But yeah, the major factor, as i have said about 20 times, is motivation. I can't wait for that motivation to be back.

I mean, i have had people try to give me motivation, but if it's just a friend, it's so easy to just quit.
WingNut at 11:59PM, Dec. 27, 2006
(offline)
I hear ya.

Well folks, I must go to sleep, as I have to work early in the mornin'.

Had fun havin' this late night chat with ya, it was a blast!

Cheers everyone! Have a great night!

-Wing
medablack at 12:00AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
Before drawing on every scrap of paper can help me, i need to learn technique. Otherwise, I'm just drawing the same mistakes over and over again, and creating a habit.

Night Wingnut. It was great chatting. See ya around!
Aurora Moon at 12:01AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
medablack
I mean, i have had people try to give me motivation, but if it's just a friend, it's so easy to just quit.

that was why I put my stuff offline, so that I could get feedback from random people. the feedback gives me some of that motivation back. the other part of it is looking at other people's works and then aspiring to becoming equal or even surpassing the level of artwork by others.
Aurora Moon at 12:03AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
WingNut
Cheers everyone! Have a great night!

have sweet dreams! ^_^
WingNut at 12:03AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
Well, you've got a hell of a thing going on Aurora. I really dig your comics, and your style is just superb. You've really got a lot of skill, so keep it up.

*yawn*

Haven't I gone to bed yet? Damn you addictive duck.
medablack at 12:04AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
I've tried that too. I can't start things i finish, and i'm an uber procrastinater. Self motivation doesn't work. And if i put stuff online and have others try and motivate me, i begin to feel like i'm trapped and obligated, and then end up just giving up and quitting.
-sigh-
it's vicious circle
-laughs-

Aurora Moon at 12:07AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
medablack
I've tried that too. I can't start things i finish, and i'm an uber procrastinater. Self motivation doesn't work. And if i put stuff online and have others try and motivate me, i begin to feel like i'm trapped and obligated, and then end up just giving up and quitting.
-sigh-
it's vicous circle
-laughs-

oh man, I feel your pain. I used to be an super procrastinater too… but that was an habit that I slowly and painfully weaned myself out of… that's just you need to think of certain stuff more as like a hobby or something fun rather than some sort of task…. and I don't actually ASK people to movivate me, I just post stuff online and see if people comment.
if they comment and say tons of stuff, then I make more.
if they don't.. well, I just put that off unless it's an project I enjoyed doing.
Aurora Moon at 12:08AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
WingNut
Well, you've got a hell of a thing going on Aurora. I really dig your comics, and your style is just superb. You've really got a lot of skill, so keep it up.

*yawn*

Haven't I gone to bed yet? Damn you addictive duck.

awwww~~~!!!! <3 stop it, you'll make me blush. ;)
medablack at 12:11AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
No, i didn't mean i actually ASKED them to motivate me. Some people just took it upon themselves. For instance, i'm also a ‘writer’. I seem to have pushes that hobby aside though..

But i digress. I joined writing.com and put my stuff up. The comments on my work really helped, but soon i lost interest because i started to feel obligated and such with some of what some people were saying. And then, out of the goodness of their own hearts, some people started helping me along with improving my skills, but again, i began to feel trapped.
-sigh-
but i'm working on that.
maybe one day i will return to that book. I think it could have come out well… or at least mediocore.

…my typing/grammar/spelling and punctuation have kind of gone downhill
-laughs-
WingNut at 12:12AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
It's true lass. Your new one especially (endless dream) is on my very small and exclusive favorites list. That world and story has SO much potential, I really can't wait to see what you do with it.

*Clonk!*

ZzzzZzzzZzzzz
Aurora Moon at 12:15AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
medablack
No, i didn't mean i actually ASKED them to motivate me. Some people just took it upon themselves. For instance, i'm also a ‘writer’. I seem to have pushes that hobby aside though..

But i digress. I joined writing.com and put my stuff up. The comments on my work really helped, but soon i lost interest because i started to feel obligated and such with some of what some people were saying. And then, out of the goodness of their own hearts, some people started helping me along with improving my skills, but again, i began to feel trapped.
-sigh-
but i'm working on that.
maybe one day i will return to that book. I think it could have come out well… or at least mediocore.

…my typing/grammar/spelling and punctuation have kind of gone downhill
-laughs-

Yeah, I write too… :)
and yeah, I know what you mean about the typing/grammar/spelling thing. my grammar is bad at times…. ^^;;

and sometimes when I'm typing fast and don't just care, my spelling is shot beyond hell.

just look at my past posts sometimes to see the proof of that. ;)

and I can relate a little bit to the “trapped” feeling… espeically if the people keeps on begging you for updates to your stories. and then I feel all bad snice I don't really have the “inspirsation” to write it out well because I can't picture it in my head at the moment.. and sometimes it might take a month or longer for me to update.
medablack at 12:15AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
I can't wait to get my comic up. But i don't have any strips yet. I'm not creative enough to come up with a daily joke.
-smirks-
Most of the stupid, insane things my friends and I think of are things only we will understand. A lot of inside jokes, and random stuff that wouldn't transfer into art.
Hence my need for a writer..
medablack at 12:17AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
Aurora Moon
and I can relate a little bit to the “trapped” feeling… espeically if the people keeps on begging you for updates to your stories. and then I feel all bad snice I don't really have the “inspirsation” to write it out well because I can't picture it in my head at the moment.. and sometimes it might take a month or longer for me to update.

Exactly. It ended up with me just pushing it aside. I still have everything i've ever written. All the stuff on scrap paper. The entire story i was writing, both on paper, on the computer, and printed out a couple times. All the poems i attempted. I'm actually really proud of a few os my poems. ‘Don’t Be' in particular.
I'm rambling..
Aurora Moon at 12:24AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
medablack
Aurora Moon

Exactly. It ended up with me just pushing it aside. I still have everything i've ever written. All the stuff on scrap paper. The entire story i was writing, both on paper, on the computer, and printed out a couple times. All the poems i attempted. I'm actually really proud of a few os my poems. ‘Don’t Be' in particular.
I'm rambling..

I just usually put up an notice about the “begging for updates” thing. I just state that I have other things and other projects in life to do, so that I can't always update and that I WILL update when I CAN. that cuts down on the begging, but of course there's always that occisonal idiot that still comes in to beg.
medablack at 12:25AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
3:30. Yikes! I should really get to bed; I have to be up in a coule hours for work. Though, if I know me, I'm just gonna end up staying up anyway. Watching a movie or reading with a little doodling stuck in. And then I'm going to have to do my 6 hour shift on now sleep.
-sigh-
Silly, insomniac Meda. You bring this upon yourself.
medablack at 12:26AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
Aurora Moon
I just usually put up an notice about the “begging for updates” thing. I just state that I have other things and other projects in life to do, so that I can't always update and that I WILL update when I CAN. that cuts down on the begging, but of course there's always that occisonal idiot that still comes in to beg.

It's amazing how rude some people can be.
=sigh-
-shrug-
But what can ya do, really?
Aurora Moon at 12:28AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
medablack
Aurora Moon

It's amazing how rude some people can be.
=sigh-
-shrug-
But what can ya do, really?

yeah, that's true.

anyway, maybe you could try going to bed now? espeically if you got to go to work… :(
medablack at 12:29AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
Nah. I'm not tired enough. I would only end up just sitting in bed, staring at the ceiling. And then the itching would begin! -.-'

It's just better for me to sit here. More productive, and less bothersome. For me anyway.
Aurora Moon at 12:33AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
medablack
Nah. I'm not tired enough. I would only end up just sitting in bed, staring at the ceiling. And then the itching would begin! -.-'

It's just better for me to sit here. More productive, and less bothersome. For me anyway.

yeah. I'm the same way oddly enough. and you know the funny thing is? I used to be in the same spot when I actually HAD an job. but then I'd pump myself full of caffine, and so I'd be caffine-driven but still feeling the lack of sleep.. so I'd end up grinning manically and act WAY too unnaturally cheerfully.. when I'm usually an solmen, calm sort of person in life. it would sorta freak my boss and coworkers out a little. they'd go “Uh, the Goth is SMILING! that can't bode well…”
medablack at 12:35AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
Aurora Moon
yeah. I'm the same way oddly enough. and you know the funny thing is? I used to be in the same spot when I actually HAD an job. but then I'd pump myself full of caffine, and so I'd be caffine-driven but still feeling the lack of sleep.. so I'd end up grinning manically and act WAY too unnaturally cheerfully.. when I'm usually an solmen, calm sort of person in life. it would sorta freak my boss and coworkers out a little. they'd go “Uh, the Goth is SMILING! that can't bode well…”

HAHA, that's awesome.
I've been an insomniac for over two years now, so tomorrow will be easy. A normal day for me really. Pop some advil for the headache I have though.
But i'll be fine.
Aurora Moon at 12:38AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
I swear I was born an insomniac… ever snice I was young and as long as I could remember, I'd have this tendecy to feel more AWAKE at night than I did the daytime,even when I slept at night and played during the day like other normal kids. that's just I'd end up not having a lot of sleep.. or just sleeping during the day if I could.

so this thing comes natural to me. just need sleep once in a while of course.
medablack at 12:38AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
Okay, maybe productive isn't the right word. I just keep going over the lines of a doodle i just did. And no inspiration for another doodle is coming to mind.
Pfft to productivity.
Aurora Moon at 12:41AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
medablack
Okay, maybe productive isn't the right word. I just keep going over the lines of a doodle i just did. And no inspiration for another doodle is coming to mind.
Pfft to productivity.

lol I'm just photoshopping an picture of myself for an possible new avatar…

like my avatar right now.. that was actually an photoshopped version of one of my pictures. :)
medablack at 12:41AM, Dec. 28, 2006
(offline)
I'm an insomniac for two reasons.

#1: Stress is a mojor factor right now. I can't turn off my brain because of it.

#2: I'm so much of a pracrasinator that I put off sleeping.. >.>

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon