Debate and Discussion

Ugh, more of this racist crap.
Aurora Moon at 11:50AM, July 9, 2009
(offline)
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Pool-Boots-Kids-Who-Might-Change-the-Complexion.html

ugh. first the segregated prom, and now this pool incident.

Seriously, it's almost like ever since Obama became president all the racists came out of the woodwork feeling like they had to prove something to the world.

“Oh, don't be fooled! A black man might be running America right now, but America's still a WHITE America!! yeehaw! me, threatened by the fact that my president's black instead of the usual white bread cookie cutter president? Taking it as some sort of conspiracy that the blacks are taking over? MMAaayyybeeee… >.>”
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
kyupol at 12:34PM, July 9, 2009
(offline)
“Oh, don't be fooled! A black man might be running America right now, but America's still a WHITE America!! yeehaw! me, threatened by the fact that my president's black instead of the usual white bread cookie cutter president? Taking it as some sort of conspiracy that the blacks are taking over? MMAaayyybeeee… >.>”

Obama is a bait and switch.

All he is designed to do is to make Black people feel important and to stop them from thinking that the white man is out to get them.

He is just there to stop blacks from getting pissed off at the fact that they are treated like 2nd class human beings on this planet.

Face it.
- why are blacks in africa being force-vaccinated (aka sterilized and infected by aids through the UN Nazi Eugenicist machine).

- google tuskegee experiment. And at least read the wikipedia article.

- why are blacks still being profiled by the police like all of them are criminals. I saw a vid on youtube recently about a cop pulling over a black dude and his girlfriend. Black dude was calmly talking to the cop and asking politely “did I break any law?” Even the cop said that the black dude wasn't breaking any law like speeding or running the red light or anything.

- why are the “great” black people being paraded in the media all athletes, entertainers, etc. As if black people aren't intelligent enough like this man and this man and this woman.

Racism is very much alive and well. lol!

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Aurora Moon at 12:54PM, July 9, 2009
(offline)
I know that racism still exists….

but I actually thought we were to the point where even the racists KNEW they were socially wrong and that if they did anything truly racist that they would get public backlash.

therefore, they wouldn't dare to do something that was purposely right in the open for everyone to see.

But I guess I was naive about that.

but on the upside, the pool community there has already faced huge public backlash. they had to shut themselves down because people of all colors, even white people, were protesting against their racism outside. They also had to take down their website too because it was being filled with flames.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
Hawk at 1:08PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
Wow…. it almost seems unreal that something like that would still happen.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Orin J Master at 1:09PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
A private club, which exist to exclude people based on frivolous qualifiers, excluding people on a frivolous qualifier? Balerdash, sirrahs!
geez, this doesn't deserve to be national news. i'm sure they local media will take them to task and they'll lose a chunk of money after the fire that woman.

kyupol
Obama is a bait and switch.
oh, this oughta be fun….by the way, nice dismissing of Obama's career and abilities as a plot by the government or somesuch.

kyupol
All he is designed to do is to make Black people feel important and to stop them from thinking that the white man is out to get them.
wow, that White-Man sure is a busy supervillain, i mean, i must have passed by the guy like six-seven times today! he's everywhere!
{less sarcastic version}: when you're arguing about how racism is a bad thing, you might not want to uses skin color as the sole defining trait of the people you're demonizing.

kyupol
He is just there to stop blacks from getting pissed off at the fact that they are treated like 2nd class human beings on this planet.
yes, because the entire planet oppresses soley blacks, and then only by whites. please see previous comment. again. also, african governments.

kyupol
- why are blacks in africa being force-vaccinated (aka sterilized and infected by aids through the UN Nazi Eugenicist machine).
…..just ran headlong into that briarpatch….if people are beign infected by contaminated vaccinations (and not the widespread gangrape common in africa) it's less likely a plot and more likely incompetence. seriously, this is a place where the doctors still boil their insturments in rainwater to steralise them in some areas.

kyupol
- why are blacks still being profiled by the police like all of them are criminals. I saw a vid on youtube recently about a cop pulling over a black dude and his girlfriend. Black dude was calmly talking to the cop and asking politely “did I break any law?” Even the cop said that the black dude wasn't breaking any law like speeding or running the red light or anything.
that's less actual racism and more the police's institutional “cop attitude” in play, which is a serious matter but unrelated to this incident, which is some rich frightened crackers. (someone draw some Ritz being attacked by a knife-wielding oreo, please? i don't have a scanner)

kyupol
- why are the “great” black people being paraded in the media all athletes, entertainers, etc. As if black people aren't intelligent enough like this man and this man and this woman.
the media doesn't give a crap about anyone that's not dressed up of media coverage like scientists, doctors, and social workers. besides, they're too busy actually helping matters to toady up to the media.

kyupol
Racism is very much alive and well. lol!
please, don't use “laugh out loud” as punctuation to soften your tone in anything resembling and actual debate, it cheapens the matter.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
kyupol at 1:29PM, July 9, 2009
(offline)
oh, this oughta be fun….by the way, nice dismissing of Obama's career and abilities as a plot by the government or somesuch.

Look at his cabinet. Obama is just a puppet.

wow, that White-Man sure is a busy supervillain, i mean, i must have passed by the guy like six-seven times today! he's everywhere!
{less sarcastic version}: when you're arguing about how racism is a bad thing, you might not want to uses skin color as the sole defining trait of the people you're demonizing.

My bad. I should have rephrased that sentence but the point I'm trying to get at is the perspective of the blacks.

In general, blacks are distrusting of government because they think that the white people are out to get them and keep them down. And when they see Obama, they get deceived.

And by the way how can I hate whites when I'm part white.

yes, because the entire planet oppresses soley blacks, and then only by whites. please see previous comment. again. also, african governments.

Yes they have corrupt boss-hog governments and leaders who can be bought. You're right. Blacks arent the only ones being oppressed. Read your history and most nations on this planet were at one time being the oppressed. Even up to now… people still get discriminated on the basis of age, religion, gender, sex, etc.

In the Philippines for instance, if you see some job postings, they openly say that you have to be between from age 18-35 for the most part.

In various Islamic states, if your version of Islam is different from your employer, you get discriminated.

…..just ran headlong into that briarpatch….if people are beign infected by contaminated vaccinations (and not the widespread gangrape common in africa) it's less likely a plot and more likely incompetence. seriously, this is a place where the doctors still boil their insturments in rainwater to steralise them in some areas.

The evidence is overwhelming…
http://www.infowars.com/the-population-reduction-agenda-for-dummies/

the media doesn't give a crap about anyone that's not dressed up of media coverage like scientists, doctors, and social workers. besides, they're too busy actually helping matters to toady up to the media.

Because the media is there to dumb you down and distract you from what matters.

Their job is to make you feel insecure and bad about yourselves.

Their job is to make sure that ladies think that they have to be 90 lbs and a bag of bones to be “pretty”.

Their job is to make sure that guys think they have to look like a gangster in order to be “tough” and get all the girls.

They don't want you to idolize the smart people. They want you to think you can be the next american idol or top model or sports star even if there arent that many openings for that job.

please, don't use “laugh out loud” as punctuation to soften your tone in anything resembling and actual debate, it cheapens the matter.

Its because you just have to laugh it off sometimes in order to comprehend and deal with the SICK magnitude of WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON.

Have a good day.
NOW UPDATING!!!
Aurora Moon at 2:11PM, July 9, 2009
(offline)
And by the way how can I hate whites when I'm part white.

sorry, but people can even be racist against their own skin color, religion and or ethic origins. didn't you ever hear of the Jews who actually joined up with Nazis and killed their own kind? And once they had served in the Nazi for an certain amount of time,they were given a pass to be cleared of being an Jewish person at all.

so they were officially “Aryan” from that point on then in name.

Sometimes, for some insane reason, people will hate themselves for what they are, and then they take that self-hatred out on somebody in the form of racism.

I've actually seen a black person on youtube say things along the lines of: “Man, I'm black and I wouldn't even trust those n*****s! Don't you know man? Black people are nothing but thugs, rapists, gangbangers and other various types of criminals.” I guess he must see himself this way too, huh?
Hawk at 2:50PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
Kyupol, we know you love conspiracy theories and could argue with you about it all day. But this thread is not about Obama beings some kind of government puppet. It's about the surprising existence of racism still happening in this day and age, at a swimming pool in Pennsylvania.
kyupol at 3:28PM, July 9, 2009
(offline)
sorry, but people can even be racist against their own skin color, religion and or ethic origins. didn't you ever hear of the Jews who actually joined up with Nazis and killed their own kind? And once they had served in the Nazi for an certain amount of time,they were given a pass to be cleared of being an Jewish person at all.

I've heard of that.

And I've personally known people of Filipino descent who hate their own race so bad that they seriously think that only the Filipino and the Philippine government is capable of corruption and tyranny, while places like Canada, USA, Australia, UK, etc. are run by angels (give me a break!!!).

Its sad.

To me though, to have a hatred for your own race is something unthinkable. I can understand why people swallow doctrines of racial superiority—because it appeals to their tribal nature and people wanna feel good about themselves.

So yeah. I've made that statement you quoted because I find it impossible to hate whites for being white because part of my roots can be traced back to Europe.

NOW UPDATING!!!
Sea_Cow at 3:34PM, July 9, 2009
(offline)
Wait, so when he says “complexion” I assume they mean that the black kids will turn the pool brown. What.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
Skullbie at 3:49PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
I'm kinda wondering if they were just being really roudy/noisy that got them kicked out and now they want to play the race card, really sometimes i just don't want to believe there's whole clubs of those people lurking out there.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
Orin J Master at 5:59PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
Sea_Cow
Wait, so when he says “complexion” I assume they mean that the black kids will turn the pool brown. What.

oh crap, i love cocoa pebbles!

Skullbie
I'm kinda wondering if they were just being really roudy/noisy that got them kicked out and now they want to play the race card, really sometimes i just don't want to believe there's whole clubs of those people lurking out there.

nah, you don't invite that many kids over without their parents all there and expect them to be well-behaved.

it's a couple of white people that forgot the 1920s ended seventy years ago and were stupid.
Hawk at 6:51PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
Skullbie

I was a lifeguard for over six years, and that was one of the things I wondered too. Day Camp groups were usually the worst-behaving swimmers because they weren't there frequently. They didn't know the rules as well and felt like there was a limited time to get their mischief out. Plus, what are you gonna do, take their pool membership away? They don't have one and they'll be back next Thursday anyway. Plus, just having the group there usually doubles the population of the pool.

I'm really curious about who actually made the call at the time… It can't actually be policy there can it? I mean, they did initially make arrangements for the day camp to come there. I wonder if it was simply the head guy that was on duty at the time and he's making the whole organization look bad.

ifelldownthestairs at 11:22PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
Hawk
I'm really curious about who actually made the call at the time… It can't actually be policy there can it? I mean, they did initially make arrangements for the day camp to come there. I wonder if it was simply the head guy that was on duty at the time and he's making the whole organization look bad.

it had to have been; racism's continuing existence is no secret (our current president's amount of death threats over his appearance already seem poised to surpass our last president's amount of death threats over… well there's no need to get into that now), but it doesn't seem that any of it could actually be ENFORCED in any way.

i'd like to think it was just one jack-ass, but you never know, it could just be a discriminating clause in a group's charter, like boy scouts with gays.
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Skullbie at 12:21AM, July 10, 2009
(online)
I think the boy scouts/gays thing was because of the rising pedophilia incidents within it, the ‘get rid of person sexually attracted to males=lesson problem’ mentality. Far as i'm concerned the real dangers were the ‘straight’ guys suppressing their disgusting boy-love urges.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
Aurora Moon at 7:44AM, July 10, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie
I think the boy scouts/gays thing was because of the rising pedophilia incidents within it, the ‘get rid of person sexually attracted to males=lesson problem’ mentality. Far as i'm concerned the real dangers were the ‘straight’ guys suppressing their disgusting boy-love urges.

Agreed. studies show that male pedophiles tends to prefer adult women's company over adult men when it comes to having adult relationships on the side. Most of them don't consider themselves to be gay. and they just happened to like little boys alongside little girls because of their sizes/shapes, and not because of their genders.

which I suppose makes sense in a sick sort of way. after all, at certain ages if it wasn't for clothes and haircuts, both girls and boys could quite easily look alike.

And notice how the boy scouts STILL have a pedophilia problem ever since they made it more clear that they did not allow gays in from the start. I guess the discrimination didn't solve anything at all.

rather, it's the shoddy way they've handled reports of abuse that had made things worse. Just Google how they handle those reports, and you'd be appalled. apparently they do things similar to the catholic church, they don't report the pedophiles to the police at all for fear of turning that into an public spectacle. instead, they just quietly fire the said pedophile and kick him out. which allows him to get away scot-free without any consequences–save being kicked out of the boy scouts.

I can just picture many pedophiles going: “The boy scouts don't report us to the police! isn't that great? LOL, I'm gonna join and see how long I can last in there without getting caught, and getting fired! I'm gonna set a personal record. =D”

But maybe we should start a new thread for this… this is kinda getting off topic in here don't you think?
Sea_Cow at 3:30PM, July 10, 2009
(offline)
Why does every conversation in this category turn to pedophiles? Seriously.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
El Cid at 7:20PM, July 10, 2009
(online)
*shrugs* I don't see what the big deal is. I mean, I can understand why the campers got pissed (I would be too), but if it's a private club then they can let in and keep out whoever they darn well please. The kids can find someplace else to swim, where they're actually wanted. Of course there are still racists in America, and of course some of those racists will own private clubs. It's not a uniquely American phenomenon, though; you'll find people with those kinds of attitudes pretty much anyplace with a diverse population. There are racists in Europe too, and in the UK (British National Party, anyone?). The only real surprise is that this kind of thing doesn't happen more often.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
DOUK at 1:09PM, July 12, 2009
(online)
Back in the day black people were supposed to clean up the mess the white man did.

Its the same now. Barak's responsability now is to try and do his part to get rid of racism. Though we all know its near impossible to change someone's fundamental belief about something, and straight up genocide *could* be the answer. But that's insane and its pretty sad that I even thought of that and now i'm going to go take a bath in hot bleach.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
Orin J Master at 6:49PM, July 12, 2009
(online)
El Cid
*shrugs* I don't see what the big deal is.

the news around there needed a story, and this was easier to sensationalize than most of the things corporate interests pull on account of them not having highly paid lawyers primed for the first hind of ill-speak. it's sad that journalism has become so cowardly.
Sticky Sheets at 2:02PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(offline)
I think the best way to delete racist, and sexism, is to ignore it, and play the game of life by the rules.

Meaning the laws. If someone is verbally harassing you, call the cops. Etc.

Sometimes I just enjoy pissing people off, AKA, having people pissed off at me.

So do your country a favour, ignore and report.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
AshleeS at 9:39PM, Aug. 8, 2009
(online)
Am I the only one who enjoys humorous racism with my black friends? =(

I call one my chocolate bear.

But I wonder, what is and isn't considered racism? I mean, black people do the same thing. My black friend Angie ate her friend's food and said, "It's not my fault, Nica', you know how a nigga' can't just stare at food!"

If non-black girl said that, oh shit, trouble be brewin'.

I've said things like that, but in the comfort area of my circle of black friends.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
Sticky Sheets at 6:29AM, Aug. 9, 2009
(offline)
AshleeS
Am I the only one who enjoys humorous racism with my black friends? =(

I call one my chocolate bear.

But I wonder, what is and isn't considered racism? I mean, black people do the same thing. My black friend Angie ate her friend's food and said, "It's not my fault, Nica', you know how a nigga' can't just stare at food!"

If non-black girl said that, oh shit, trouble be brewin'.

I've said things like that, but in the comfort area of my circle of black friends.

I think racism in words can be easily defined as anything said with a negative connotation meant to provoke a member of another race, therefore in your case, AshleeS, what you say you do with your friends of other colours is not racism.

However, other people of other races who walk by you could still be offended easily enough, even if your tone of voice and facial expressions show that you mean no harm by what you say. That line is blurry, but to them, they would consider it racism, I would think, as I might – but people of any colour are offended by any number of things, so as I said, ignore, or in extreme harassment scenarios, call the police. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
AshleeS at 4:35PM, Aug. 9, 2009
(online)
I believe the world will be void of racism when people can sweetly poke at the other's race. But it'll never happen–people are too easily offended and many are easily cruel in what they say.

Racism will never end.

But neither will people who secretly WANT things people say to be racist.

Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20a-exAW6qc

Product Placement at 4:48PM, Aug. 9, 2009
(online)
Ah, Blackhole man. He always cracks me up.

Why did they call black hole, black?

Because…. it's black?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
AshleeS at 8:58PM, Aug. 9, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean at 1:42AM, Aug. 10, 2009
(online)
The problem is that the very idea of “race” is racist.
That's what the term “racist” actually meant: someone who believes that there are different races.
Of course there are not, there never were, never could be. It's an illogical, idiotic notion not supported by biology, genetics or even normal ethnic mixes and diversity patterns within countries.

And to top it off, it's a rather modern belief. In the old days when people mostly stuck within their own groups EVERYONE they encountered was strikingly different and they gave those other groups names to reflect that. All those strange red headed celtic people were very weird looking. Arabic Turkic Moores who invaded Europe were called “Black”, not because they had extremely dark skin, but because they were darker than the Europeans. Often in Europe people with dark hair and dark eyes and olive skin were known as “black”.

People from Africa were known as “Negroid” peoples (literally black, but meaning “dark” people), as a whole, with no regard for vast cultural and ethnic differences between them.

The 19th century is when the modern theory of different races took hold, mostly as a way to JUSTIFY the practise of slavery. You could put “white” people on op, “black” people down the bottom and all the rest in between. Europeans were thought to be naturally superior and that was fitted in later with a moronic perversion of evolutionary theory.

The fact that people still carry on the idea of races today is a damming testament to the idiotic and evil practices of times gone by. The notion is institutionalised world wide now. People accept this fantasy unquestioningly. It's a part of our culture… But even so, just try and remember that it's not real. Culture is the only place “race” exists, not in skin tone, history, science or anywhere else, it's just a belief.

If you want a world without “racism”, the first thing you have to do is forget “race”.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
Ironscarf at 4:33AM, Aug. 10, 2009
(online)
Ashlees
You are not actually ‘black’. You are light or dark brown. If you don't like the word you/we adopted for your race, ‘black’, then stick to African American. You guys seem to not mind black, anyway, considering what BET stands for.

It's not my fault black meant many negative things before it was adopted as the name of a race. Change it. Whatever. =D

???

I think you'll find that the use of the word black is far from being an issue. Some people fought hard for that word as it happens:

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
ozoneocean at 6:04AM, Aug. 10, 2009
(online)
Ironscarf
I think you'll find that the use of the word black is far from being an issue. Some people fought hard for that word as it happens:
People generally take ownership of the terms others use to describe them.

“Celt” for example, which was a Greek word used to describe a barbarian people. Much like the Roman word for the same people “Gaul”. Now Irish people love to be thought of as Celts and the French don't mind “Gallic” one bit. Then there's American Indians. Most English people don't mind being called “poms”, New Zealanders love to be called “Kiwis”. Aboriginal Australians usually call themselves “Aboriginal” or “native Australians” or “First Australians” when referring to themselves as a groups because they don't have any collective terms of their own that fit all the language groups.
Japanese people are happy to be called Japanese, even though that's not what their country or the people are called. Same with the Chinese.

With “black” people, there's a shared history of the ancestral experience of slavery, as well as more direct experiences of prejudice and racialism, even if ethnically and ancestrally their forebears probably had little in common with each other. The connection through skin tone is irrelevant and silly, but that of the shared experiences that occur often because of skin tone are not.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
Nicotine at 8:14PM, Aug. 10, 2009
(online)
AshleeS
Listen up, black people. The word/color BLACK has been around long before anyone knew who anyone was. Darkness implies mystery or fear. It makes sense. We don't like black because we cannot see past it. It stresses dark or evil things because of this.

…and white could possible represent some blinding…that you “can't see past”…

Really I think it's more of a shared history thing than a literal color thing like ozone said.

AshleeS
You guys seem to not mind black, anyway, considering what BET stands for.

Now BET is the spokes-channel for all black people…wait, I don't watch or really like BET…I'd better turn it on now because it's “my” channel…=_=
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved