Media Megaforum

Ultimate Fighter (Mixed Martial Arts)
subcultured at 11:20AM, April 20, 2007
(online)
so anyone watch the UFC?

fav's are liddell for punching power

haha that's funny..why would you let a prof fighter punch you and then say that his punch was weak. check out liddell's face after he punched him really hard. fucking warrior, man!

Matt Hughes has power! i saw one of his tag as “incredibly strong”

J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
subcultured at 9:47PM, April 21, 2007
(online)
just watched this a few minutes ago

holy crap! cro cop got KTFO! look at his ankle
a big upset. it's like they switched roles
J
reconjsh at 7:59AM, April 23, 2007
(online)
I'm a long time UFC fan. Matt Hughes is probably the best fighter ever to go through the UFC.

And I love Joe Rogan too!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM
subcultured at 8:55AM, April 23, 2007
(online)
Joe rogan is great. he even challenge wesley snipes to a exhibition fight. i don't know why they keep Mike Goldberg around as fight commentator, he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.

i think one of the earlier fights i've seen that hooked me to the UFC was when frank mir broke sylivia's arm. One day i'll upload that video.
J
mlai at 9:29AM, April 23, 2007
(online)
I loved the UFC in its early incarnations. That's like… UFC 1-10 or so. It had so much personality back then. NO RULES. No time. All weight classes permitted. MA disciplines from all walks of life just seem to walk off the streets to come test their mettle. There was an underground vibe to it all. It was like STREET FIGHTER 2, real life.

Most got humiliated as they learned the hard way that their real life prowess is shite. But then the REAL martial artists stood out, and all of them had personality. Real personality, not WWE showboating. I was hooked.

Then they introduced RULES. Time. Weight classes. God I hate weight classes. Various other crap. All fighters started doing the same thing. There were no more risks and mindblowing athleticism - they're all regulated. The whole thing became as commercialized as boxing. The entire starting concept of UFC was “this is real fighting.” Well not anymore. Damn it's boring now.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
RentAThug at 12:29PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
I think the reason that fighters all fight the same now is that most of the martial arts in the earliest UFCs didn't actually work in a fight.

And Mirko Cro Crop getting KOed like that was pretty shocking. I'd never seen him fight before but I'd heard a lot of the hype. He didn't live up to it in that fight, but damn was that an impressive knockout.

Crime Pays, updating Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
subcultured at 2:06PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
most new fighters are multifaceted…not just wrestling or karate.

the sport has evolved as there are more fights. ortiz used to be top dog because he conditioned his stamina, most fighters couldn't outlast him. now he's medium dog because more people did what he did.

people had to do take down defense if he didn't want to get ground and pound…
J
mlai at 9:20PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
In my view, everyone fights the same now because of all the stupid RULES.

- Weight classes
- Time/Rounds
- Banned techniques

It's no longer real. You don't get to choose how big your enemy is in a streetfight. Ppl can't do different things to win because they're not allowed to.

Granted, it's still pretty good.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
subcultured at 12:12AM, April 26, 2007
(online)
rules are there for a reason.
-back of the head hits can cause spinal injuries that can kill instantly.
-banning fish hooks (hooking the mouth) can rip the skin easily causing permanent damage
- they put vasalene on the top of their eyebrows to decrease cuts that might stop the fight

it's not a street fight. there's no beer bottles that you can cut people open with.
really. there's no rules in street fights, so i don't know why you make that comparison. I
t's not about violence, but about the art of fighting. they aren't there to kill each other. if you look at the crocop fight up there after he gets knock out you can read gozanga lips saying “is he okay?”. those are athletes with honor and not streetfighters.

UFC has become popular because they prove that having mixed martial artists fight doesn't necessarily have to be disorganized.

no one fights the same. they may use some techniques, but they use it because they work. why use a technique that never works?
if a situation comes up were a certain move can help you win the fight, use it!
arm bar, rear naked choke hold, kimura, and triangle lock are moves that have finished off fights

different fighters, different preferances
-lidell fights mostly standing up
-couture prefers ground and pound
-hughes throws people around the ring and does submissions
-yves does crazy kicks
-st pierre does back kicks
-cro cop (pride) does baseball hit kicks to the head
-lawler has hand speed
J

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved