Comic Talk and General Discussion *

University.
MagickLorelai at 10:52AM, Nov. 13, 2008
(offline)
Creative Writing/Fiction major, because apparently it's really important to distinguish it from poetry. Living in the dorms, and loving it- I got a studio(or, single- no roommate), and the dorms I'm in are so quiet it's unnatural. Of course, the dorms down the street from us more than make up for it sometimes, with music that booms all the way across campus… Ugh.

My RA is cool, but he's a major right-wing conservative, and lives on a floor of tons of left-wing liberals. He does a fine job and doesn't let that get in the way of doing it, but it's funny whenever a political debate starts up.

EDIT: wai hello thar page 2!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Insizwa at 12:19PM, Nov. 13, 2008
(offline)
lba
Go up and ask him to turn it down or turn it off. If he doesn't do it after you've asked him twice go to the RA. If that doesn't solve the problem, you can do something similar to what I did to my roommate who kept trying to sleep with his girlfriend while I was trying to rest; play their game a little bit. I just got up in the middle of the night while they were enjoying themselves, slammed my hand on his bed next to his head and screamed, “Ride motherf**cker! Ride!”. I haven't seen him in about 3 weeks now and I strongly suspect he may have moved out.

Not that I am for an instant suggesting you use such evil tactics. :neenjah:

That is FUCKING awesome!! Sounds like something out of Deliverance “I bet you can squeal like a pig. Weeeeeeee!”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
worstcase at 5:10PM, Nov. 13, 2008
(online)
SeriousQuiche
worstcase
Evil_Snuffkin
Anyone got any tips for how to get to sleep when they guy in the room above never seems to sleep and religiously plays the thumpiest club music till sunrise. I don't get more than 4 hours sleep and I hate going to lectures looking completely zombified T_T Should I just reside myself to a life on caffine pills?

murder him.

in his sleep.

THAT DOESN"T WORK FOR EVERYTHING.

pffft. Name one situation where it doesn't
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
Ozoneocean at 5:45PM, Nov. 13, 2008
(online)
worstcase
A flat tire… -_-
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
lba at 8:34AM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
Insizwa
That is FUCKING awesome!! Sounds like something out of Deliverance “I bet you can squeal like a pig. Weeeeeeee!”

There's an important reason why you don't keep a guy who been up for 28 hours straight doing 24 hour comic book day awake like that. They tend to get very cranky after about hour 26.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
worstcase at 2:11PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
worstcase
A flat tire… -_-

….Well, maybe not MURDER, but…well. No.

Curses!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
Evil_Snuffkin at 3:43PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
SeriousQuiche
murder him.

in his sleep.

For a while that was a pretty tempting idea. Thanks for all the tips, for now throwing my shoes up at the ceiling seems to work. Just gotta remember to only throw the clean ones :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
lefarce at 8:49PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
kyupol
university is expensive.

choose WISELY and think your decision over (1000 times at the bare minimum) and over before committing to it.

Or you will regret it.

I only half-agree with you this time. Yeah you want to get your shit together and not waste an insane amount of money, tuition and books alone can kill you. But even though I had no concrete major and didn't go on for a second year (yet) I dont regret a moment. It's a valuable experiance, and unless you're piss drunk every step of the way, or just drop out a few weeks in, I dare you to say you didn't learn something, or grow as a human being.

Or maybe I'm crazy and I think getting an education is fun, who knows.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
mishi_hime at 9:00PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
MagickLorelai
Living in the dorms, and loving it- I got a studio(or, single- no roommate), and the dorms I'm in are so quiet it's unnatural.

What? You can hear yourself think, on campus? Are you sure?
What is the this school again? Call admissions, tell them i'm coming.
Signature.txt
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
lefarce at 9:07PM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
mishi_hime
MagickLorelai
Living in the dorms, and loving it- I got a studio(or, single- no roommate), and the dorms I'm in are so quiet it's unnatural.

What? You can hear yourself think, on campus? Are you sure?
What is the this school again? Call admissions, tell them i'm coming.

Funfact: you usually have to pay several hundred more of these style of rooms, they're a bitch to come by on most campuses, and all-in-all you save more getting a studio apartment a few blocks from your school. Also you're nearly done, what the hell?

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon