Random Discussion

unreasonable fears
ayesinback at 8:45AM, Oct. 17, 2010
(online)
That my hair Won’t grow back
That my BOSS will win the lottery and do the whole I Quit drama and I’ll have to stay.
That I forgot a meeting and the person I’m suppose to meet hasn’t stopped waiting.
That I’ll never have grandkids.
That I’ll have grandkids too soon.
That I’ll have grandkids that won’t look anything like me, but will inherit my unreasonable fears.

That’s for starters
under new management
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
rokulily at 10:12AM, Oct. 17, 2010
(online)
1. people stealing my blood. darn nurses and their needles of doom and leeches…

well those are my fears… things that i'd rather not go through but isn't scared of:
1. being abandoned- its a severe crushing disappointment that i'd rather not go through
2. the banning of sugar because its unhealthy… those monsters…
3. being suppressed
4. complete anarchy- sures a little is fine but lets not get out hand here

Someone
That I’ll never have grandkids.
That I’ll have grandkids too soon
why that IS unreasonable.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Skullbie at 4:37PM, Oct. 17, 2010
(online)
Something getting into my belly button…freaks me out bigtime.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
crocty at 12:59AM, Oct. 18, 2010
(online)
Hmmmm, getting eaten alive mostly. Not the eating itself, mostly the fear that I would be eaten, and survive. This is mostly true for sharks, but basically I hate seeing anything with a large gaping mouth. Especially *insert name of annoying celebrity here*.

Also giant things. It doesn't have to be anything creepy, but if there's something giant that should otherwise be tiny, it'll creep me out. I mean GIANT though. I discovered this when I saw this screenshot of Zelda and became a little disconcerted.
Actually that may not be exactly it, but the fear is something relatively similar.

I'm also creeped out by children's television.
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
bravo1102 at 5:20AM, Oct. 18, 2010
(online)
Everything. It's called pantophobia and was best described by comedian Stephen Wright.

“You know when you're sitting on the edge of a chair and you lean back and almost fall but then you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.”

That includes the unreasonable fear of unreasonable fears. Am I too afraid of being afraid?

Fortunately this leads to the realization that fear is ridiculous because you do what needs to be done when things happen and they will always happen. There's no stopping them.

This is how I can be totally calm after falling down an elevator shaft and spitting blood everywhere as I dial 9-1-1. Or the coming to while hanging upside down in the harness of my car's seatbelt with blood dripping into my eyes and broken glass everywhere and the flames coming from the hood of my car and that smell of gas… Been there, done that.

After dealing with that I can shrugg off all of my other unreasonable fears.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
ozoneocean at 9:12PM, Oct. 18, 2010
(online)
Knives and being cut.

I can use knives without any issues and if I get cut I'm fine and I deal with that perfectly ok. But the idea of it is still something that makes me cringe. A lot. And knives themselves do nothing but embody that fear.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Aurora Moon at 7:39PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(offline)
I have this irrational fear of sharp objects being inside my mouth and in my stomach… which is kinda associated with internal bleeding for me.

like, what if I accidentally swallowed something sharp and the doctors and such weren't able to get it in time?

but of course, I would have to be a compete retard to have accidentally swallowed glass, etc…

so there's absolutely NO chance of that ever happening.

which makes it just one of those dumb fears that has less chances happening than say, lighting striking the same place twice.

I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
Blitzkrieg1701 at 1:52PM, Oct. 20, 2010
(online)
Long, spindly legs or fingers. Be it spider legs or squid tentacles or anything of that nature, I get an involuntary case of the willies.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Genejoke at 2:08PM, Oct. 20, 2010
(online)
My wife driving…

Seriously she scares me. Not sure why though as she isn't a terrible driver or anything.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Chernobog at 2:20PM, Oct. 21, 2010
(offline)
Being buried when I'm dead. I can only guess why, but the idea is very undesirable to me. I'm not claustrophobic in the slightest, I think it has more with someone ignoring my last wishes or being around a lot of people by the end. If I had to be buried, I'd rather it be some lonely obscure marker in a woodland, mountain, or even the bottom of the sea.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Genejoke at 2:38PM, Oct. 21, 2010
(online)
I don't know if it is a fear but it would severely fucking annoy me if I was either cremated or buried in a church graveyard. I am going in the ground and feeding the worms and trees.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
lba at 4:05PM, Oct. 21, 2010
(online)
I occasionally have this weird feeling while I'm cutting stencils that I'm going to just calmly put my X-acto knife on my desk and then purposely slam my forehead into the blade of it. I have no idea why, but the feeling is that I just wouldn't be able to stop myself if I started doing it. I'll end up feeling a bit nervous about it, even though I know there's no way in hell I'd actually do it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
crocty at 4:43PM, Oct. 21, 2010
(online)
lba
I occasionally have this weird feeling while I'm cutting stencils that I'm going to just calmly put my X-acto knife on my desk and then purposely slam my forehead into the blade of it. I have no idea why, but the feeling is that I just wouldn't be able to stop myself if I started doing it. I'll end up feeling a bit nervous about it, even though I know there's no way in hell I'd actually do it.
I get that too, only with hitting other people. The worst is wondering if one day you will do it for no reason. :\
therealtj at 9:07PM, Oct. 21, 2010
(online)
Crap like this:

Not really the content itself but the bizarre nature of it, especially when it's a standalone work. I don't know what exactly it is but something about the obscurity and seemingly unprofessional quality makes me uneasy.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Koshou at 1:00PM, Oct. 22, 2010
(offline)
Deep bodies of water scare the crap out of me :c but I also like swimming so… it's weird.

Also, sometimes when I am trying to sleep I think things like “oh shit, if I open my eyes there is going to be some horrible bloody ghost right beside my bed, oh shit oh shit oh shit”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
blindsk at 2:41PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
Koshou
Deep bodies of water scare the crap out of me :c but I also like swimming so… it's weird.

You too, huh…

Is it the waking fear that something ominous is looming right beneath you? It's funny, the deep sea is almost like the inverse of space. Some people get scared or blown away when they realize how big the universe really is.

For me…it's the ocean. It's just so massive and deep that even though I've watched enough nature shows, I still feel like something big and unknown down there will come after me. So deep sea diving is not for me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Hawk at 5:06PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(online)
I just remembered this….

The entire time I was watching the movie Cars, I felt kind of uneasy. It turns out I was worried that the cars would bump into each other or touch each other, scratching their paint jobs and causing dents. This probably comes from being raised by a car nut who was very picky about his cars being touched.

But watching those cars act so human and interact with each other, you expect them at some point to make contact with each other. I sat in fear of that through the entire movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
AQua_ng at 11:08AM, Oct. 26, 2010
(online)
That falling sensation you sometimes experience when you go to sleep.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
therealtj at 3:49PM, Oct. 26, 2010
(online)
Hawk
I just remembered this….

The entire time I was watching the movie Cars, I felt kind of uneasy. It turns out I was worried that the cars would bump into each other or touch each other, scratching their paint jobs and causing dents. This probably comes from being raised by a car nut who was very picky about his cars being touched.

But watching those cars act so human and interact with each other, you expect them at some point to make contact with each other. I sat in fear of that through the entire movie.

… D:

I'll never be able to watch the movie the same way again.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Ochitsukanai at 11:30PM, Oct. 27, 2010
(online)
lba
I occasionally have this weird feeling while I'm cutting stencils that I'm going to just calmly put my X-acto knife on my desk and then purposely slam my forehead into the blade of it.
Oh yeah, if there's a balcony or ledge I feel I'm going to climb over the railing and fling myself into the void!

I scoop up most insects or spiders and carry them outside rather than needlessly killing them, but although I'm usually quite levelheaded, I beat roaches to death whilst hysterically screaming and sobbing.

While I like compliments fine, I get a rush of irrational anxiety upon receiving one and am briefly stunned.

So basically I'm ok, provided I'm not trapped on a balcony by an effusively complimentary giant cockroach. But really I suppose most people would panic a little at that, so clearly all of this is completely rational…

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Armagedon at 8:19AM, Oct. 28, 2010
(online)
I am fearless…. therefore by that logic I fear that I may actually fear something….. or that people will figure that I might fear the fear of some kind of fear I'm not aware of yet….. damn you stephen colbert!

Bad grammar. That or that I'm really not as creative as I'm told I am…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
Doodstormer at 6:12PM, Oct. 28, 2010
(online)
Any time I'm holding something expensive or fragile I have a fear that I'll drop it. If I have a camera or something I won't lean over railings to take pictures, if I'm carrying anything glass or porcelain or something like that I have to get a firm grip on it with both hands before I go anywhere.

I dunno why it is, I guess I'm just a butterfingers and my brain is punishing me for it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
Hawk at 6:14PM, Oct. 28, 2010
(online)
Doodstormer
Any time I'm holding something expensive or fragile I have a fear that I'll drop it. If I have a camera or something I won't lean over railings to take pictures, if I'm carrying anything glass or porcelain or something like that I have to get a firm grip on it with both hands before I go anywhere.

I dunno why it is, I guess I'm just a butterfingers and my brain is punishing me for it.

That actually sounds like a pretty good fear to have. I mean, you're the kind of guy I would lend things to.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
chriscomic at 6:01AM, Nov. 27, 2010
(online)
Ochitsukanai
I scoop up most insects or spiders and carry them outside rather than needlessly killing them, but although I'm usually quite levelheaded, I beat roaches to death whilst hysterically screaming and sobbing.

I laughed so hard when I read that xD

For me, it's driving alone at night, and having that horrible feeling that there's some sort of freakish ghost or monster thing in the back seat.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:42AM
WiffleBall at 11:36AM, Nov. 27, 2010
(offline)
Ever since I started watching Doctor Who, statues have freaked me out.

I wish I was joking. I believe the technical term for this is pediophobia but I could be mistaken.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:49PM
Aurora Moon at 2:19PM, Nov. 27, 2010
(offline)
it means fear of dolls, actually.

I think you mean Automatonophobia……Fear of ventriloquist's dummies, animatronic creatures, wax statues - anything that falsly represents a sentient being.

otherwise you can just call it a Statue phobia. there's no name for fears that's specifically tied to statues.

I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
ozoneocean at 9:01AM, Nov. 28, 2010
(online)
I fear these dolls…

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=&=&q=creepy dolls&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Product Placement at 9:45AM, Nov. 29, 2010
(online)
chriscomic
For me, it's driving alone at night, and having that horrible feeling that there's some sort of freakish ghost or monster thing in the back seat.
Don't ever, EVER drive down this road then.

Supposedly, there's a ghost there that does just that. My dad had to drive it regularly in the olden days and he was petrified to go through it at nights.

I've driven that road at night. I fully understand now why he was afraid of it.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
crocty at 10:28AM, Nov. 29, 2010
(online)
Oh look at Ozone, being a pansy about dolls. It's weird how people can be scared of dolls, when the–
ozoneocean
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&rlz=&=&q=creepy dolls&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi
OHGODWHAT

WHY. WHY WOULD SOMEONE MAKE THOSE?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved