Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Updating a comic. What should I do?
Product Placement at 1:43PM, Aug. 6, 2009
(online)
I now have an artist who's willing to redraw this comic of mine that's already more than half way done. He's starting from scratch and as I'm seeing the first page, a question comes to my mind:

What should I do with the old comic?

Initially I thought of replacing the old pictures with the new art. The advantage of doing that would be that I get to keep the old comments. The problem: There's no notification of page updates. People wouldn't notice it that easily, which would be unfair for the artist. It would look weird for a new reader to go through few good pages of art to, all of a sudden, reading the same comic in stick figure format.

I could delete all the old pages and start from scratch but if I do that then I might as well delete the entire comic and start a brand new one with a new name that I would like better (I originally made that comic quite hastily and put down the first name that came to my mind).

Anyways, what would you guys do if you were updating your comic? Gradually replace the old pages or just chuck it all and start from the scratch?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Aurora Borealis at 3:34PM, Aug. 6, 2009
(online)
Hmm, I just took and replaced all the pages (last night actually), except all I did was new lettering and minor art fixes so as such I didn't delete any pages.

So I guess that doesn't help much as the situation isn't exactly the same.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Product Placement at 6:36PM, Aug. 6, 2009
(online)
Yeah. In my case, I'm talking about totally reworked artwork by a competent artist.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Rainwolf95 at 3:36PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
You could always just start a new comic for it and include a note at the end of wherever your comic left off ‘being redrawn by a better artist at: _____’

Or something to that effect.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 4:03PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
1. Get a deviantart
2. Put all your old, maybe new comics up there? Along with anything else for the comic
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
Product Placement at 2:02PM, Aug. 8, 2009
(online)
Rainwolf95
You could always just start a new comic for it and include a note at the end of wherever your comic left off ‘being redrawn by a better artist at: _____’

Or something to that effect.

I'm leaning towards doing that. But I'm also contemplating on deleting the old comic. I'm worried that if new people start reading the updated comic and notice the old one, they might read the old stuff and not bother looking at the new stuff since they already know what will happen.

Although I could alter the story a little bit….
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved