Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Updating Question...
itsjustaar at 12:51AM, Dec. 5, 2010
(online)
I didn't see something like this, but I had to ask…

When you're about to post a comic up on DrunkDuck, do you have the comic already prepared in advance and then post it up little by litte? Or do you do one page, wait until you've managed the days of the week until you've got the next page ready to see?

In my case, I had already started doing at least four pages in when I started to look at webcomic hostees to see where I'd fit. By page five I figured this would be ‘the one’, and now I'm wrapping up the sixth page just as the first half already showed up. So, basically, I gotta ask - what's your update schedule like? Do things interfere when you know you want to post something up, and how do you handle it if you do?

Because the bulk of my stuff is already up, I fear I might catch up with myself and wind up slower than expected. Plus when it comes to doing this stuff on scratch with a mouse and a buggy Flash MX and all… xD
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Genejoke at 2:39AM, Dec. 5, 2010
(online)
A healthy buffer is a joy to have, but at the same time it is nice to show off your new work as soon as possible.

Advice I would give is…
NEVER update more than one page a day unless it is the very first few pages and you want to draw people in with the opening.

Try an easy update schedule at first and increase it is you get ahead.

If you have the fifth and sixth done post the fifth for monday and get to work on the seventh. If you can keep a page in reserve do so.

Keep a regular schedule as much as possible, people who like the comic will look out for it.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
itsjustaar at 9:37PM, Dec. 18, 2010
(online)
At the present moment, I've been considering doing almost daily updates - with the occasional day-in-between break to rest a bit or catch up on the places I advertised (mostly fan-forums, of which they have at least a good amount of members within the 100 - 500 range). I've noticed that this works out for me than normal, and applies a good amount of pressure to get it out. Not that I'm in a hurry, but then again… xD lol.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved