Help, Support and Suggestions

Updating Schedule
DarkGesen at 3:30AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
I was wondering if there's a “best” updating schedule which is good for attracting readers. Personally I update once a week, around 20 pages in one go (as this is how professional mangas are released). I'm wondering if I am overwhelming readers, and If I should update more frequently but smaller page amounts or If i should stick to once a week and just tone done on the amount of pages in one go. One thing is I don't like the idea f having to update one page a day or even worse one page a week. The story will take forever to progress that way. Any suggestions?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
kalliikak at 1:32PM, Oct. 30, 2010
(online)
once a week with that much content seems like a good plan to me, as long as you always update on the same day of the week, and you always link to the first page of the update so folk can easily find where to start.

for attracting readers, i'd say the best bet is a three update per week schedule. often enough to keep interest steady and to keep yourself well promoted on the front page and such, but not so often as to overwhelm your audience. to this end, you can choose a traditional mon/wed/fri update schedule, or a tues/thurs/sun type, just so long as you are consistent it doesn't really matter much.

more updates are typically better than large updates for gaining readers on the internet (though there are always exceptions)

back when i was really reading and exploring new comics, the three day a week comics were the ones that seemed most appealing to me. though, i've now fallen into different patterns… the one big update a month method is not bad in my opinion, i'm beginning to prefer it actually. the key is really consistent updates on consistent days so your readers know when to visit for the newest content.

for multiple page updates, be sure you link to the first page of the update! this is very helpful for readers that don't wanna back-peddle through to find where the newest stuff starts (and will be appreciated by all :D ) if you are using the drunkduck homepage option, and updating a whole chapter at a time, then you are pretty well set already.

most important though is to just keep at it. there are lots of comics for people to see, and it may take a while for people to find yours, and its always a pity when you find a comic that you really like that seems to have died off. *shifty eyes* or so i've been told. :p

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved