Debate and Discussion

Va tech shooting
isukun at 7:16AM, April 18, 2007
(online)
Anyway, I noticed he was obviously the only one at the school with a gun (besides people that came later) which proves that the argument against gun control to defend yourself obviously doesn't work because only the psycho murderer actually bothers to buy one. Gun control is your friend.

Actually, students aren't permitted to have guns on campus at Virginia Tech. Many gun advocates have been using that fact as a reason to support looser gun restrictions at schools. I've seen a lot of conservatives claiming MORE people SHOULD have guns because of situations like this. I think it's a poor argument, mostly because I don't think most of the people I knew in college were mature enough to own a gun, but that seems to be the more popular argument right now.

To someone with killer intent, he will all get the means and find ways to put his plan into action.

Cho didn't have a plan. After the first shootings, which from the sound of it may have been a crime of passion, Cho had to go back to his room to stock up on the ammo and the extra gun he used to shoot the students in the classrooms. The massacre was an afterthought. He had already been pushed to the edge and he just ran with it. This wasn't a carefully planned attack and had he not had the guns to begin with, he likely never would have gone through with it.

USA gangstas are among the most well-dressed btw.

Well, that's certainly debateable. Sure, the middle class “gangsta's” manage to get by with some decent wardrobes, but those are usually just kids who fall into the whole gansta image. They aren't the reality. The ones who come from poor neighborhoods are often very poorly dressed. Around here, you see a lot of sketchy people in the city. Some even advertise that they carry a gun. None of them wear expensive clothing.

What is it that causes hatred to build up in their hearts?

I wouldn't be surprised if Cho were a product of typical Asian-American family pressures. I know a lot of Asian-Americans who have been pressured into making life choices they didn't want to make because their parents had certain expectations of them. Most end up depressed and look for any way they can find to lash out at society.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
kyupol at 8:06AM, April 18, 2007
(online)
I know a lot of Asian-Americans who have been pressured into making life choices they didn't want to make because their parents had certain expectations of them. Most end up depressed and look for any way they can find to lash out at society.

lol. True among asian-american families. Parents expect you to be this and that.

And you know what, I have parents who are like that. They want me to be something else, while at the same time limiting my progress and success which is fuckin weird. My parents used to act like the fucking police always checking on my whereabouts as if I'm a criminal or something.

And one day I got fed up and I told them "Look. I'm not doing anything to impress you. I do things for my own sake. Not to impress anyone. And I dont care about your opinion on my decisions. And leave me alone! PABAYAAN MO KO!!!

It made them angry obviously. Fiery argument broke out.

But I'm pretty good with the carrot and stick approach. I send em mixed signals to appease them. Things like:

- financial aid
- refusual of help with a polite ”thank you".
- visiting them and speaking to them in a low-tone calm voice… with occassional feigned happyness and shit. lol

- If they ask too much, I put my foot down.

I also dont forget to develop clout with brothers… even this particular brother of mine who I'm friends with but his girlfriend's sister is a SKANK I can smell a mile away. Also my 16 year old brother who is in high school and is at the stage where he formulates career decisions. I give gifts, help, and my advice on things… to help him make more informed decisions. I think this 16 year old bro of mine will be 10x more successful than me. I need him.

I keep parents confused. And that keeps family relations at bay. Clout with brothers is important just in case I might need help in the future. And relationship with my dad is really at an all time high right now that he routinely offers me good stuff. Of course I accept and reject some. lol

So there. Politics. Its a skill I have… that I admit is still in its infant stages.

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Phantom Penguin at 10:59AM, April 18, 2007
(offline)
he shouldn't have been there in the first place.

He was arrested for stalking two girls and threatning to kill one of them. He wrote screenplays where he killed people with chainsaws and raped his teachers. AND TURNED THEM IN FOR SCHOOL CREDIT.

This isn't a gun issue. Because if you want one he can get one off the street rather then in a store. Regardless your not allowed weapons on school grounds, high school college ect.

This is a mental issue. This guy was obviously fucked in the head. And everyone knew it. But instead of putting him in the nut house or kicking him out of the school they thought they could help him. And 32 people paid for that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
ccs1989 at 11:51AM, April 18, 2007
(online)
What I think is crazy is that they're releasing all this kid's creative works out into the world in order to have more to report on and draw more viewers. “Hey, this kid just killed a bunch of people and then killed himself, so lets have everyone read the things he wrote.” That's like telling kids “Want attention? Want everyone to know everything about you? Well then do what this kid did.” It's stupid. I'm in favor of recognizing it was a tragedy and trying to forget all about this guy. Don't give him or people like him any extra attention.

http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
subcultured at 11:53AM, April 18, 2007
(online)
sometimes there's a fine line between creativity and insanity.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
Ronson at 12:05PM, April 18, 2007
(online)
The two aren't mutually exclusive.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
kingofsnake at 12:25PM, April 18, 2007
(online)
ccs1989
What I think is crazy is that they're releasing all this kid's creative works out into the world in order to have more to report on and draw more viewers. “Hey, this kid just killed a bunch of people and then killed himself, so lets have everyone read the things he wrote.” That's like telling kids “Want attention? Want everyone to know everything about you? Well then do what this kid did.” It's stupid. I'm in favor of recognizing it was a tragedy and trying to forget all about this guy. Don't give him or people like him any extra attention.

You talk about it like it's a new thing. This has been a problem SINCE theres been media. As long as theres people buying it there'll be someone selling it.

Is it wrong? Yes. Is there anything you can do about it? Just refuse to watch it on TV. Refuse to buy those newspapers.

Ah, but then people accuse you of being uninformed, or apathetic to the world around you.

Great atrocities against humanity will always be a way to get famous.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
kyupol at 2:13PM, April 18, 2007
(online)
Read Richard McBeef:

McBeef Link

and Mr. Brownstone:

Brownstone link

Anyway I found both plays funny. Reading them I was just… god-damn honey-poo hahahahahaha!!!

Mr Brownstone is the better one though IMO.

Oh… now I'd be called a sick fuck for finding them funny and being not disturbed at all.

Fine. I'm a sick fuck.

But being “sick” is what made me tough. Being “sick” is what gave me the heart, and courage to raise my head up high in spite of all the shit I've gone through. Thats the kind of armor I prayed for and God gave to me. One day I knelt and prayed to God to make me strong.

And he did and I thank God for it. I also prayed to God for wisdom. He gave it to me. And now whenever I read the bullshit on the news and on the TV that glorify godlessness and materialism and give a sick unrealistic view of family, friendship, and relationships… that is accepted as “normal” by most people…

I just laugh. At those sick things masquerading as normal being spewed out in the media every single day.

I just laugh. At this sick fucking world we live in.
NOW UPDATING!!!
Atom Apple at 2:55PM, April 18, 2007
(online)
kyupol
9) Other.
He was insane.

Also, nobody really tries to use anything besides guns, none of these shooters are that determined, and even if they tried it's to complicated. Harris proved that.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
mlai at 4:31PM, April 18, 2007
(online)
Guns are good, video games bad.

Ban Starcraft.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
Aurora Moon at 9:17PM, April 18, 2007
(offline)
you know something? I must totally object to college students being called “children” or even “kids”.
what, people in their 18's to 20's are children?

this article said it best:
A Culture of Passivity
“Protecting” our “children” at Virginia Tech.

By Mark Steyn

I haven't weighed in yet on Virginia Tech â?? mainly because, in a saner world, it would not be the kind of incident one needed to have a partisan opinion on. But I was giving a couple of speeches in Minnesota yesterday and I was asked about it and found myself more and more disturbed by the tone of the coverage. I'm not sure I'm ready to go the full Derb but I think he's closer to the reality of the situation than most. On Monday night, Geraldo was all over Fox News saying we have to accept that, in this horrible world we live in, our “children” need to be “protected.”

Point one: They're not “children.” The students at Virginia Tech were grown women and (if you'll forgive the expression) men. They would be regarded as adults by any other society in the history of our planet. Granted, we live in a selectively infantilized culture where twenty-somethings are “children” if they're serving in the Third Infantry Division in Ramadi but grown-ups making rational choices if they drop to the broadloom in President Clinton's Oval Office. Nonetheless, it's deeply damaging to portray fit fully formed adults as children who need to be protected. We should be raising them to understand that there will be moments in life when you need to protect yourself and, in a horrible world, there may come moments when you have to choose between protecting yourself or others. It is a poor reflection on us that, in those first critical seconds where one has to make a decision, only an elderly Holocaust survivor, Professor Librescu, understood instinctively the obligation to act.

Point two: The cost of a “protected” society of eternal “children” is too high. Every December 6th, my own unmanned Dominion lowers its flags to half-mast and tries to saddle Canadian manhood in general with the blame for the “Montreal massacre,” the 14 female students of the Ecole Polytechnique murdered by Marc Lepine (born Gamil Gharbi, the son of an Algerian Muslim wife-beater, though you'd never know that from the press coverage). As I wrote up north a few years ago:

Yet the defining image of contemporary Canadian maleness is not M Lepine/Gharbi but the professors and the men in that classroom, who, ordered to leave by the lone gunman, meekly did so, and abandoned their female classmates to their fate. an act of abdication that would have been unthinkable in almost any other culture throughout human history. The “men” stood outside in the corridor and, even as they heard the first shots, they did nothing. And, when it was over and Gharbi walked out of the room and past them, they still did nothing. Whatever its other defects, Canadian manhood does not suffer from an excess of testosterone.

I have always believed America is different. Certainly on September 11th we understood. The only good news of the day came from the passengers who didn't meekly follow the obsolescent 1970s hijack procedures but who used their wits and acted as free-born individuals. And a few months later as Richard Reid bent down and tried to light his shoe in that critical split-second even the French guys leapt up and pounded the bejasus out of him.

We do our children a disservice to raise them to entrust all to officialdom's security blanket. Geraldo-like “protection” is a delusion: when something goes awry whether on a September morning flight out of Logan or on a peaceful college campus the state won't be there to protect you. You'll be the fellow on the scene who has to make the decision. As my distinguished compatriot Kathy Shaidle says:

When we say we don't know what we'd do under the same circumstances, we make cowardice the default position.

I'd prefer to say that the default position is a terrible enervating passivity. Murderous misfit loners are mercifully rare. But this awful corrosive passivity is far more pervasive, and, unlike the psycho killer, is an existential threat to a functioning society.

Mark Steyn, a National Review columnist, is author of America Alone.

edited to take out the werid random characters out of the articles.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Hawk at 10:37PM, April 18, 2007
(online)
kingofsnake
ccs1989

You talk about it like it's a new thing. This has been a problem SINCE theres been media. As long as theres people buying it there'll be someone selling it.

Is it wrong? Yes. Is there anything you can do about it? Just refuse to watch it on TV. Refuse to buy those newspapers.

Ah, but then people accuse you of being uninformed, or apathetic to the world around you.

Great atrocities against humanity will always be a way to get famous.

I agree.
In fact, I think the media does a lot of bad things in the name of ratings. They've made martyrs out of a lot of awful people just by talking about them in a sensational way.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
kyupol at 10:45PM, April 18, 2007
(online)

That is debateable.

But IMO, I'd say between 50-80% of them. And not only 18-20. Even up to age 75 yeah.

Fuckin most people cannot mature past the age of 16. That is very sad. And that is one of the reasons why this tragedy happened. A lack of maturity… on ALL SIDES.

CHO is immature because he believed the bullshit fed to him… or rather… he absorbed the frivolity and superficiality and unrealistic societal expectations at face value.

I just saw his “manifesto” video. I wrote violent stories and essays in highschool and got the COPS involved. My immature mind back then wanted to strike back. I wanted to shoot up the school and kill myself. But it was only the hardline religious upbringing that stopped me. If I was an atheist or a not-so-serious christian, honest to God I'd shoot up the school or commit suicide at the very least.

Anyway the past is the past. I dont get depressed anymore about women and relationships and friendships because I know better now. I know that (*things I'd rather not say that might offend the PC DD members… and my cynical views of almost everything is a good source of a flamewar.*).

But still… This tragedy has affected me in a way.

It has made me remember again the pain I had in the past. It is like a flashback of what I was.

This tragedy in the end… is a terrible waste of life.

I sometimes wish I was there. So I woulda talked with Cho. So I would have probably help straighten him out and prevented this loss of life.

There is more chance of him listening to me because we are the same. And I believe I understand people like him more than any psychiatrist with multiple degrees.

Because I've been on the front lines just like him.
NOW UPDATING!!!
Aurora Moon at 11:14PM, April 18, 2007
(offline)
kyupol

That is debateable.

But IMO, I'd say between 50-80% of them. And not only 18-20. Even up to age 75 yeah.

Fuckin most people cannot mature past the age of 16. That is very sad. And that is one of the reasons why this tragedy happened. A lack of maturity… on ALL SIDES.

In a way you're right, but I wasn't talking about Maurity…

I was talking about the age itself.

I find it competely bizzare how all over the media and on forums the people are calling the college students “kids” or even “children”… when 70% to 90% of those people in college are old enough to drive, old enough to drink, and hell, even old enough to go to war if they wanted to.

Why do you think that colleges is nortous for having parties with achchol, etc yet not much is really done to the people at the parties… they don't get arrested, etc. The parties just gets broken up unless it's one of those colleges that are pretty loose about their partying policies. nothing is really done to those people because they're LEGAL to drink.

of course in that age group certain people still need some maturing to do, espeically if they've been sheltered so much by their parents and haven't had the vaugest idea how the real world works. But legally, they are adults.

So why the fuck do people suddenly turn around and call them “children” when the law and society otherwise says that they are now adults because of thier age? saying such things like: “The gun laws are way too lenient!! there's too much gun accessibity for those POOR CHILDREN!!”
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
kyupol at 6:57AM, April 19, 2007
(online)
“The gun laws are way too lenient!! there's too much gun accessibity for those POOR CHILDREN!!”

People that age are called “children” or “kids” because they behave like kids. A bit blunt but thats the only way I can put it.

You see… the reason why there are too much suburban rich kids these days… is because of their predecessors. The fruits of the postwar baby boom… or economic boom that made their parents wealthy… or at least wealthy enough to purchase a big house and a SUV and a few pets.

That was one of the culture shock I had… coming to the western world. In my country, when you say “average family”, you talk about of a family living in a small house with 1 or 2 bedrooms. It doesnt look too fancy. Maybe the family drives a car. But mostly, public transport is the norm. if you live in a house like this:

You are considered “rich”. But in the west, a house like that is considered “average”.

After WWII, Americans been through hard shit. Or at least exposed to the horrors of war in Europe and the Pacific. That is why they worked hard… and led America to an economic boom. Therefore accumulating wealth.

But the offspring. Its a different story.

To a rich kid, thinking like they own the world and all, start to act up and do stupid things. Like do alchohol parties, beat up people for the hell of it, engage in sex, drugs, and rock and roll. And dont forget the RECKLESS DRIVING that forced the Ontario government to change its drivers licencing laws in 1994. G1 for a year. G2 for a year… before you get a full G licence.

I was like… fuck. When I got my G2 licence, I was like… do I really have to stagnate for a year? Ok Ok. Canadians here are gonna say: “But the point of that system is so you can practice on your parents car!!!” But hello! Not everyone is a rich suburban kid. And my parents didnt allow me to get a hold of that car until a year later when I was able to get a better paying job. I literally had to “bribe” them and make deals. Like I told them I'd shoulder gasoline and maintenance expenses (it took them a fuckin week to look over that decision.). So in the long run, it took me longer and more costly to get my licence. If only it is legal to do 50 hours of training, then road test… It would be less expensive because I wont be stagnating. :(

Anyway, their reckless attitude has caused other people to label them as “children”. Because it is children who normally engage in such childish behavior. That is why you dont put a CHILD behind the wheel of a car. That is why you dont give a CHILD alchohol. That is why CHILDREN arent supposed to be having sex. Because sex and relationships is something ADULTS do. Before getting into things like that, a mature understanding is necessary. Not shallow reasons as “she's so hot!!” or “he's a bad boy!!!”

In the past, people had to mature faster because they been through hard shit. During the world wars, and the dawn of the industrial age, most people were just farmboys. Going through hard shit… its hard to work in a farm you know. Especially with old technology.

So they just… matured faster. When i look in the newspapers of old couples who have been married at a very young age… and still together because of their MATURITY, I just salute these people. Because NOBODY in my generation will be able to do that achievement of staying with each other for 50 years or more.

Children (including late teens to early 20s) these days are also unsure of what they wanna do in life.

Look at fuckin Cho… ENGLISH MAJOR my ass. 23 years old. No job experience. And his “plays” wont get him into hollywood or somethin. And I doubt it if he has the know-how to effectively advertise his “plays”. Most likely as an ENGRISH MAJOR, he would be getting a job at wal-mart, mcdonalds… if he's lucky, he might work in a dead end office job. If he's willing to do dirty work, maybe he can be an apprentice or a construction worker (which I doubt).

CHILDREN go to college and universities. I'm sad to say. Its mostly people drifting around unsure of their destiny and what they really want. Myself included. Since I once went into college. But it was the ENVIRONMENT that turned me off. The people… everyone else were just so fuckin superficial and plastic. So I hated it.

Superficiality is an abberration in asian culture. We as a race, are more “close” and family-oriented. We establish deeper ties with one another. That is the explanation to why Cho has “stalked” women. Cho wanted to reach out and have friends. But it is these women who made his intentions bad.

Western women are a paranoid bunch (sad to say… and I apologize to you in advance for any offense I might cause you. I dont mean to offend you, I only mean to show you a picture… which I hope you do your part to make that picture prettier… If you dont like the picture, I'm sorry.).

That is why I draw the line to how close I will get involved with them (including westernized children of immigrants). Friends only. No “inner circle” or “relationships”. “Inner circle” status for women is only reserved for the older ladies. Women my age = forget it unless I'm paying for sex or looking at porn. Or else I have HIGH RISK of getting into trouble with the law. They may be the most attractive women in the world as the Klan claims… but thats only an outer shell.

But coming to America (at the awkward age of 17… I had no choice then… I was dragged here by my parents), I figured to delete portions of my asian culture… in order to blend in. In order to SURVIVE BECAUSE I DONT HAVE CHOICE. Its a life and death decision. I could have been a school shooter if I chose the path of death. Sure. I'd be turning my victims into martyrs no matter how bad they were. which will not benefit me if I were a school shooter.

Since I chose life. I chose pride. I chose honor. I had to do whatever means necessary. Deletion of the harmful aspects of asian culture. Deletion of the things that can turn me depressive and suicidal.

I HAD TO ADOPT A PERCENTAGE THE CULTURE OF THE WHITE AND THE BLACK MALES. Because it is them who know more about western culture because they are born in it. They understand it more than I do. Listen to rock and rap. They reflect the reality of western culture… more than Filipino variants of them that have better tunes, but lyrics are more centered around friendships and relationships.

And Filipinos are renowned to be good imitators. Second only to Chinese maybe… lol. So there. I managed to assimilate part of the cold, hard, distant, superficial, cynical culture of the west. For my own survival. Change.

If only Cho had adopted the culture, this shooting never would have happened. Its a cultural conflict to say the least.

The process of change is a slow and painful one. It caused me to hit a depressive height. It caused me to throw things around the house and get into fights with my family members. It caused me friction with the Filipinos I know who REFUSE to adapt. It made me suffer.

But this type of suffering… Is worth it. And I feel myself a stronger and more mature individual now. I feel myself better equipped mentally. On how to survive in the west.

lol maybe I should write a book called “Immigrant teenager's guide to surviving in the West”. Which might be banned by the PC press because if I delve into details, I might insult the state religion of political correctness… even though my aim for publishing such material is to contribute to society by reducing the anger and hatred that leads to tragic school shootings like this.

Thats just my 2 cents on this thing.

NOW UPDATING!!!
skoolmunkee at 8:37AM, April 19, 2007
(online)
kyupol, how can so much angry fit inside you? :)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:40PM
kyupol at 1:37PM, April 19, 2007
(online)
skoolmunkee
kyupol, how can so much angry fit inside you? :)

Cuz I have a huge tank.

It almost got overfilled actually.

Good thing I have a fully functional converter. Or else I'd be spewing out more toxic emissions like this Cho dude and the society that created him. :)

I also update my software often. Or else the angry virus might cause a fatal error. :)
NOW UPDATING!!!
Greenbot at 3:38PM, April 19, 2007
(offline)
Actually, about the gun subject, This kid was instituted into a asylum or insane place numerous times, but when he went to fill out a form to buy a gun. He put a “NO” on the question asking whether or not hes been treated for mental health. The background checked failed to pick it up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
TheTopHat at 4:22PM, April 19, 2007
(offline)
kyupol, I may not agree with everthing that you say but I have to sulut you on being willing to say it gav em e a new insight inot this.

Im not form Amican and i can't say that i know what its like to have to do with all those poeple being killed but my condolieds go out to anyone effected.

However i have to say that anyone who thinks that giveing more guns to poeple as a way to project themself agains gun crims is a good idear is wong.

Who here can turly say that they have never lased out in anger, shouted at a love one or what to hit that durnk idito that is messing with there friends. Know if these poeple had guns? Yes they wouldn't be come mass killer but how many more killing who there be?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
wyldflowa at 6:28PM, April 19, 2007
(offline)
I just think he was a poor lonely young man who had lost any focus in his life. From the sounds of things he was simultaneously shit on and ignored from the word go. He had nothing left but his anger.

It just seems to me if only someone had stepped in and showed him a friendly hand this might not of happened… I'm probably being to optimistic and maybe he was too far gone but it just sounds like he was so alone in the world that this was the only way he could get his voice heard.

A horrible, awful way to get your voice heard but… I can't help but feel sorry for him.

And I totally agree with TheTopHat - if there were more guns it would mean even the smallest of arguments could become potential murders. In the UK guns are like… no. I was quite stunned when I went to Canada and saw a real gun… having that much power available to anyone is just stupid! Honestly~ There is no argument of “Guns don't kill people, people do” - they wouldn't kill if the gun wasn't there in the first place!

But seriously… there are so many guns in the US right now that trying to enforce any laws banning them would be kinda useless. The best suggestion I've heard for stopping gun crime is putting massive taxes on bullets. $5000 a shot? Ha, people wouldn't shoot so much then would they?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
isukun at 8:59PM, April 19, 2007
(online)
This kid was instituted into a asylum or insane place numerous times, but when he went to fill out a form to buy a gun. He put a “NO” on the question asking whether or not hes been treated for mental health.

Actually, he was only detained temporarily for evaluation and that only occured once. He was never really committed. The current contraversy is over the other half of the question which states “Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective?” In other words, did a court rule him to be mentally unstable or possibly a danger to himself or others. In this particular case a judge had given a ruling that he was a danger to himself and others. The problem is, and the news media isn't going to tell you this so they can keep the story as scandalous as possible, that rulings like that are provisional. Quite often these court rulings aren't reported for background checks because the final word on the situation is based on the results of the evaluation and not the subjective thoughts of a judge who often doesn't have the training to make such a claim.

What sucks about this is that this situation will probably result in such rulings being added to people's criminal records regardless of the evaluation results. Considering that can have an effect on other aspects of a person's life, I find it to be a greater loss of freedom than taking guns away from people.
kyupol at 9:10PM, April 19, 2007
(online)
Anyway any news from his parents?

His “plays” kinda revolve around the subject of pedophilia. Did his parents molest him? Did he have a bad father? Why are 40 something men in his plays the bad guys? Almost confirming to the cliche “dirty old man” stereotype. Why are kids the good guys or the victims?

Was his father an asshole who molested him alot?

Why dont I hear from his parents in the news? Any articles or videos that feature his parents?

And how the fuck did he become an “english major”?

Also… how the fuck did his plays be considered “disturbing”? It is not disturbing at all. Shows like Southpark, Borat, Kill Bill, Sin City, Passion of Christ, Texas Chainsaw, etc… are more “disturbing” than this “plays”.

Man those plays remind me of a story written by this dude I knew who was always in trouble with school authorities. About a group of 3 retarded kids in the mentalhospital, plotting to rule the world. He described the kids as one has big ears, the other likes to shit his pants often, and the other looks like a fish.

And god-damn these plays. They sound like stuff directly from drunkduck's top drawer.
NOW UPDATING!!!
subcultured at 9:18PM, April 19, 2007
(online)
I'm sure if someone molested him when he was a kid, they wouldn't be stupid enough to come out and say it over the news.

what would his parents say to make up for thier son's actions?

If they did everything to provide him to be a functional human bieng, yet he wandered from the path. I wouldn't blame the parents.

America looks at it with a magnifying lens becuase this person was a college student, which means he was previlage. In today's society they hardly look if a 15 year old gang member opens fire during a drive by because people say it is the product of the environment.

as this person was clearly given many opportunities that poverty stricken children that turn to crime were not.
J
isukun at 10:22PM, April 19, 2007
(online)
That really depends. I know a lot of Asian-American kids who are the sons and daughters of immigrants. More often than not, their parents are nice enough people, but have completely unrealistic expectations of their children. They are stuck in this Asian mentality that their children must be more successful than them to take care of them in their old age. The interests of their children don't matter, so they pressure them to become doctors or pursue other career paths that result in high wages. Usually the parents get hung up on one field and try to push their kids into that field, especially if they are male, regardless of what the kid wants to do. Many of the kids from back home (a part of Virginia with a large Korean community) end up at the local community college because their parents are so adament about choosing their careers for them, that they won't support any other choices they make. Since they are still dependents, they can't get the student loans to attend a more expensive school.

I can't definitively say that was the situation with Cho, but what kind of person chooses to go to Viginia Tech for the English department? Plus he was well beyond the typical graduate age. it makes me wonder if he wasn't suffering from many of the same problems I see among my friends back home.

Was his father an asshole who molested him alot?

Not necessarily. Quite often works like that just show a general sense of inferiority or weakness in the author and not any prior abuse. He could have just been doing it to get attention.

Why dont I hear from his parents in the news? Any articles or videos that feature his parents?

I've only seen one article which mentioned his parents. The article basically just said they owned a laundrimat and the neighbors said they were relatively nice people. It doesn't surprise me that you haven't seen too many statements from them directly. Don't forget, they are Korean, they probably don't want media attention for being the parents of someone who killed 32 people. I believe some media source may have interviewed his uncle, though.
kyupol at 6:29AM, April 20, 2007
(online)
…to take care of them in their old age.

True. In asian culture, that kind of setup is something like a “social norm”. It is also that, which we were raised up in. Part of the culture. For instance, my brother who I accuse of refusing to adapt, still believes in things like there is someone out there for him… and he wanna have children… and he says so that somebody will take care of him in his old age instead of being confined in a nursing home.

Then I asked him… What if your kids will grow up hating you? My brother is a “niceguy” and he's reasonable. Unlike my parents who behave like the religious police… at least when I was still under them. lol. But still… son/daughter might turn out to be a gangsta/hoe or some bastard who hates him so bad.

But what about if your kids grow up hating you? What if they grow up and be so damn busy in a corporate world… that they will just decide to commit you to a nursing home? How will you react to that?

He said he will be very very sad and he might get so depressed that he'll kill himself. :( He became emotional about it and told me to stop talking about that possibility.

There it is. The source of depression. That is one of the things I deleted from my psyche. It was a painful thing to delete. But face it. That is reality. That is the culture of the west where children move out at age 18… and when you just grow old and die in a nursing home. I used to get depressed about that shit alot. Wondering if my loner status will have repercussions in the future… about me getting old lonely. WAAAAHHHH!!!!

Now… I dont expect to get married and have kids and have somebody to take care of me. If ever I pop out kids into this shithole of a world, it would probably be a result of me thinking with the head between my legs. That is still a possibility no matter how “waked up” I am.

I can't definitively say that was the situation with Cho, but what kind of person chooses to go to Viginia Tech for the English department?

He went to the English department because he needed an outlet to express his thoughts.

In highschool, I signed up for “writers craft” and done a wide range of english courses where creative writing is involved. In these courses, I had an outlet to express myself.

Thats all about what it is. An outlet. People with those kinds of thoughts that can risk being translated into action, NEED AN OUTLET.

To get over my lonerness, I needed a whole wide range of outlets. Like signing up on this site and pumping out BROOD KNIGHT, doing mixed martial arts, going to the gym, video games, reading books and the internet…

Its not because CHO wanted to get a job or somethin.

Face it. English Major IMO is a USELESS degree (debateable… start up another thread debating “useless degrees” if you wish). Unless you got a wide network of connections, you might be an English teacher… or an ESL teacher who works overseas teaching foreigners to speak English…. or maybe a screenwriter for movies which takes a high degree of skill and connections… since DRUNKDUCK has produced better writers than this “engrish major”.

Without your connections, its a deadend job. In the office where I work, I have this coworker with multiple degrees. Art and English. And he's making maybe the same I'm making or slightly higher. And wtf is that compared to my educational qualifications? Community College certificate and vocational training. :)

And another thing about university environments… Cho is right that it is infested with rich kids. But hey. Rich parents are the only ones who can afford that. Most people dont even bother getting to university because they wanna enter the workforce right away… and go to community colleges or vocational schools… that are straight to the point. No need for intelectual masturbating. Vocational schools are “just do it”. Hands on. Maybe Cho is a type who would thrive in a more “hands on” environment.

The rich kids environment in a university really made me uncomfortable because I didnt feel like I “fit in”. I dont belong in a university. Large parties, stuff you see in “girls gone wild” and “felony fights” arent the types of environments for me.

So thats why I left.

University environments are just not my cup of tea. Sorry. :(

NOW UPDATING!!!
isukun at 8:51AM, April 20, 2007
(online)
He went to the English department because he needed an outlet to express his thoughts.

I don't doubt that, my point, however, was that he may have been pushed into a school like Virginia Tech to pursue a career in the sciences.

Rich parents are the only ones who can afford that.

That really depends on how you define rich. I know I certainly didn't meet anyone from the upper or even upper middle class when I was in college. When I switched over to the art department, most of the kids were older independents paying their own way through school with loans (I don't even want to think about how they expected to pay off those loans). My friends were primarily middle class kids whose parents worked for the government or military.

The rich kids environment in a university really made me uncomfortable because I didnt feel like I “fit in”. I dont belong in a university. Large parties, stuff you see in “girls gone wild” and “felony fights” arent the types of environments for me.

I always found that there were niche groups for just about everyone in college. I never liked those situations, either, so I hung out with people that were more my speed. Social events on campus usually aren't the best way to meet people, I found. Instead, it is often best to look through the various student organizations for something that interests you. Most of my college friends I met through a club I started at the school rather than in my classes. You have to make the effort to find people like yourself, they won't come to you.
subcultured at 8:53AM, April 20, 2007
(online)
you know,
you should concentrate on what you have now…than what others have.
it doesn't do anything to complain.
J
kyupol at 2:04PM, April 20, 2007
(online)
I'm not sure if this thing deserves its own thread but…

Will anyone who turns Richard Mcbeef and Mr. Brownstone into comics be banned? Or at least have the Brown Mcbeef comics deleted? On issues of “hate mongering” or “insensitivity”?

Like… wouldnt that give drunkduck instant notoriety?

Or unless this matter escalates out of hand… like lets say victims or families of the Vtech casualties complain about it and send hatemail to Volte and Ronson… with threats of death or legal action in some…

How would the drunkduck administration respond?

And arent death threats considered as “harrassment”? And isnt it the FIRST AMENDMENT or any of that “freedom of speech” laws that can protect Volte and Ronson or whoever makes Brown Mcbeef?

I also think that Brown Mcbeef will have a fanbase. I've scanned the internet forums about commentaries on those two plays… I saw a few comments that LIKE richard mcbeef.

NOW UPDATING!!!
Ronson at 2:40PM, April 20, 2007
(online)
I don't even understand that post. Who's Brownstone or McBeef? Is there a comic on DD like that, or are you pre-emptively reporting on it? Does this have anything to do with the VaTech shooting?

As far as free speech/offensiveness, that's a fine line and has to be treated with care. I can say five things I truly believe and easily offend half of the United States - but does that necessarily mean I should not be allowed to say it?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
kyupol at 4:07PM, April 20, 2007
(online)
Ronson
I don't even understand that post. Who's Brownstone or McBeef? Is there a comic on DD like that, or are you pre-emptively reporting on it? Does this have anything to do with the VaTech shooting?

As far as free speech/offensiveness, that's a fine line and has to be treated with care. I can say five things I truly believe and easily offend half of the United States - but does that necessarily mean I should not be allowed to say it?

Mr. Brownstone and Richard Mcbeef are the two “plays” written by the school shooter.

IMO, these plays sound like something out of the top drawer. Juvenile. Violent. But I find them funny.

Just imagine that script being turned into a comic. Regardless of drawing style be it realistic, semirealistic, manga, cartoony, sprite, whatever… :)

NOW UPDATING!!!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved