Debate and Discussion

Va tech shooting
Phantom Penguin at 7:26AM, April 25, 2007
(offline)
kyupol
Why where there conflicting reports on how it started at first?

One story was CSH got so mad about his gf breaking up with him that he decided to go berserk. Thats what non-american news media reported in their news papers.

Or is American media trying to delete the thing about failed romance? As an attempt to completely absolve the victim from ALL her possible blame in this thing… you know…

as the face that launched a thousand bullets:

Failed romance in no way puts any blame on the woman.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
kyupol at 8:20AM, April 25, 2007
(online)
Failed romance in no way puts any blame on the woman.

I've been on MSNBC message boards and youtube. There are posters who put the blame on the woman (as well as gun control, drugs, government conspiracy, asians, etc…).

And with a certain percentage of posters with that opinion, that means it is reflective of the opinion of a certain percentage of people in general… who'd rather not post. :)

Therefore if you stop mentioning that part… and report on the GUNS most of the time like what mainstream media does, that will help convince more people that its the GUNS THE GUNS THE GUNS!!!! THE SECURITY THE SECURITY THE SECURITY!!! Well to be fair, there were a few articles blaming bullying, blaming society, etc… but majority of mainstream media is about guns and security.

That is why I dont trust mainstream media. They only favor one point of view and delete the others. :(
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Phantom Penguin at 9:04AM, April 25, 2007
(offline)
Its dumb to blame a girl who was also killed in the attack. She didn't plan it. Cho was just pissed if anything.

I've also heard them blame counter-strike and things like that. heh I played counter strike, i joined the army. And I still can dodge bullets by jumping up and down. So obviously that doesn't teach you anything.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
isukun at 9:49AM, April 25, 2007
(online)
Why where there conflicting reports on how it started at first?

Maybe because the cops picked up a different suspect before Cho went on his rampage. The first suspect who was brought in was actually the girl's boyfriend which started rumors at VA Tech that the whole affair started when a girl dumped her boyfriend.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
kyupol at 3:56PM, May 28, 2007
(online)
Thread Necromancy…

Anyway, there is a comic already about Cho Seung Hui.

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Cthulhu at 5:35PM, May 30, 2007
(online)
What the hell?!

Isn't thrend necromany grounds for locking?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Atom Apple at 5:54PM, May 30, 2007
(online)
Cthulhu
What the hell?!

No.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
ccs1989 at 12:57PM, May 31, 2007
(online)
Cthulhu
What the hell?!

Why would it be? It's not like after a thread gets to the third page it' s suddenly not important anymore.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
Hawk at 11:01AM, June 1, 2007
(online)
I think that things that no longer need to be talked about naturally die. So I guess if everybody really is done discussing this, it'll sink back out of view again. Now, if people start posting stupid garbage into a thread that SHOULD be dead, that's when we lock it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Black_Kitty at 10:32PM, June 3, 2007
(online)
From what I understand, Cho was suffering from mental health issues. However, his videos and letters have shown that not only did he know what he was doing but that it was wrong.

We all have the ability to make choices. Nobody made Cho do what he did and no amount of him insisting otherwise changes that. He didn't have to kill anyone and he could have sought professional health. (And no, they did not say that “he does not have any symptoms of a thought disorder” as that comic suggested. Instead it was Cho who did not acknowledge symptoms of thought disorder. He was recommended for outpatient treatment.)

I'm going to lock this thread but I do encourage anyone who wants to contribute or add something that's appropriately respectful to make a new thread. A discussion about what the most humorous aspect of the Virgina Tech shooting is simply inappropriate however.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved