I think we NEED to know this story!

It's in a thread on the debate forum.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
ozoneocean at 2:16AM, Sept. 3, 2009
(online)
isukun
It's in a thread on the debate forum.
That floppy dick sounds great ^^
It would be cool if you could make a thread about working in the animation industry. I didn't know you did it professionally Isukun. :)

—————————

About the subject of Vamps-
So I was reading a short story from the mid 1800's. It had a bit of older Hungarian vampire lore in there. It turns out that most of that Slavic vampire lore is very similar to the stuff about the vampires in that Richard Matherson book “I am Legend”, and as such vampires really are just another kind of Zombie,-just one that has a proper lore that's a bit more detailed and better thought out. While Zombie lore is pretty shit and mostly invented by late 20th C Hollywood.

-The Vampire thing was that they were just cursed dead bodies. They didn't have much life or motivation except to feed on the living. Animal instincts drove them along with some semblance of a remembrance of their life which draws them to friends and family members. Their bodies wither away but once they drink fresh blood they revive. anyone they feed on gets turned into a vampire as well. They go back to their graves to sleep and the way you tell that a body is a vampire is that it doesn't decay- the hair and teeth grow. The only way to get rid of them is to dig them up and then burn them to ashes.
-So says the older Slavic lore apparently. Quite a bit different to the modern more romantic stuff… Much closer to zombies most respects in that they're just dead bodies with no real thoughts and that anyone they kill becomes another one of them.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
zaymac at 5:54AM, Sept. 3, 2009
(online)
I guess most people would think I like zombies the most, but I really don't. They just make great fodder for a story. I went through all of these titles before settling on Bear VS. Zombies.

Bear VS. Vampires (That's just ridiculous, why would vampires attack a grizzly bear)

Bear VS. Werewolves (Hmm… Too much fur)

Bear VS. Mummies (Brendan Fraser did it worse)

Bear VS. Frankenstein (Close, really close. But how far could it go really?)

Bear VS. Ghosts (How to you claw a ghost in the face? You don't, so no go on this)

Bear VS. Count Chocula, Boo Berry and Frankenberry (Ok, I just thought of this :))

The thing is, there are only so many classic monsters to choose from and they run in cycles. Movies come out, people get sick of them, and then they move on to the next one.

I don't like the seductive vampire. It's like a cat playing with a mouse before it eats it. At least with zombies they won't try and wine and dine you before they eat your brains.

It's a Grizzly Bear battling Zombies. Do you need to know more?
DOLLAR STORE HAIRCUTA daily webcomic of unfunny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:55PM
skoolmunkee at 10:45AM, Sept. 3, 2009
(online)
The MTV series was meant to be “a new take” on Teen Wolf and not specifically based on the movie. They've only ordered a pilot so far. There was going to be romance and stuff though, so it sounded like it might end up being sort of Twilight-y.

I finally read Dracula a month or so ago… I wasn't impressed at all, even though I know it was the beginning of the modern romantic vampire. It was all… best friends forever and no actual vampire confrontations. Just about any version of the vampire was more interesting than the Dracula in the book.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
isukun at 1:41PM, Sept. 3, 2009
(online)
It would be cool if you could make a thread about working in the animation industry. I didn't know you did it professionally Isukun.

I thought one of the mods, maybe Hawk, was an animator, as well. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know somebody else on here has mentioned it before.
zaymac at 2:28PM, Sept. 3, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
The MTV series was meant to be “a new take” on Teen Wolf and not specifically based on the movie. They've only ordered a pilot so far. There was going to be romance and stuff though, so it sounded like it might end up being sort of Twilight-y.

Yeah, it basically is gonna take out all of the campy fun of the original.

I'm sure his friend Styles will be an emo kid or something.

It's a Grizzly Bear battling Zombies. Do you need to know more?
DOLLAR STORE HAIRCUTA daily webcomic of unfunny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:55PM
mlai at 11:31PM, Sept. 4, 2009
(online)
I just want a good series chronicling the real life of Vlad Dracula… jazzed up to entertainment standards, ofc.

Beyond the impaling-people thing, Dracula had a really dramatic life… all politics, wars, intrigues, assassinations, more wars, torture, more torture, amidst an unstable world in atmospheric and epic Eastern Europe, with big time players such as the Ottoman Empire, the Vatican, and the like.

Heck, even without the vampire thing I'd watch this series.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
ozoneocean at 12:30AM, Sept. 5, 2009
(online)
mlai
the real life of Vlad Dracula…
Vlad… I'd watch a series on him if it had nothing what so ever to do with any silly vampire stuff what so ever.
Yes he was an interesting guy at an interesting time- with the strong tensions between Protestant, pagan, Islamic and Catholic Europe, and him an important power broker there.
They liken violent aristocratic warriors like him to Mafia figures, but that's plain moronic- since a mafia power systems are only EVER secondary, they only ever exist because of weaknesses in the overlaying political and judicial systems which they exists to exploit. Whereas such characters as Vlad ARE the judicial and political systems.

Aaaaaanyway, yeah, if they could cut though the crazy propaganda and hyperbole to the real guy, it'd be cool.

isukun at 9:41AM, Sept. 5, 2009
(online)
They had a miniseries about him a few years back. Most of it tried to remain historical. I think they only alluded the the vampiric stuff at the very end after he died.

Edit: Ok, made for TV movie.
ozoneocean at 11:38AM, Sept. 5, 2009
(online)
isukun
Edit: Ok,made for TV movie.
I like the quote from one critic mentioned there:
But the lack of connection between the so-called reality and the modern-day myth left me wanting.
Perhaps because there isn't any?
That's like expecting a link to comic book Thor and in a story on the Norse eddas

I say we bring back Varney the Vampire, he was THE most popular vamp in the 19thC. And he died by throwing himself in a volcano, so it's hilarious too :)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved