Random Discussion

Vampires Vs. Werewolves.
Mr Kaos at 7:30AM, April 30, 2011
(online)
Yeah. i know but i was bored. heh.

I always figure that werewolves would win this fight
reasons.

For werewolves.
1. werewolves got fangs, claws and massive strength.
2. Silver and fire are their only weakness.
3. doesn't burn up in sunlight or worser… sparkling.
4. can go in houses uninvitered and is able to open a door.. but why when they can break it down easily?
5. In a pack of werewolves.. they don't give a damn about politics. they just want to be let in peace.

against werewolves.
1. easy to fool a werewolf unless it's humanform is a very smart one.
2. gets confused when there are too much noise.
3. they don't live forever. longlived yes. but not immortal.
4. it is possible to kill them in their humanform.. but don't bet on that they will stay dead.

but what do you think?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
seventy2 at 7:33AM, April 30, 2011
(online)
i think it'd be a very long war until someone crosses the borders and becomes both.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
BffSatan at 8:12AM, April 30, 2011
(online)
Well, werewolves are only vicious fighting machines during full moons.
They're kinda vulnerable the other 98% of the time.

Also, what's with putting werewolves and vampires up against each other all the time anyway?
To me it seems like they ought'a be on the same side.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Mr Kaos at 11:26AM, April 30, 2011
(online)
Well werewolves and vampires.. are not the best buddies in the world. it is like they are natural enemies somehow.

It depends on which myth you talk about. the fullmoon is not needed at all for them to change into werewolves. some myth says that werewolf comes out at night even the nights without fullmoon.
so we are not dealing with werewolves who are depending on fullmoon to change.
Product Placement at 1:00PM, April 30, 2011
(online)
Mr Kaos
so we are not dealing with werewolves who are depending on fullmoon to change.
Well… If you want to be all liberal with which myths work and which don't, then it's kinda unfair to demand that Vampires are dependent on old archaic one's like being unable to walk into a house uninvited.

In fact, lots of old myths about vampires have been declared obsolete in most modern day fiction. Stuff like, mirrors not casting a reflection, holy water, crosses and garlic being their weakness, can't walk into a sanctified places, etc. A clever excuse that I've heard about why these myths are so common is because Vampires themselves spread them around to confuse people, so that they would have a harder time figuring out which weakness actually works and so that the vampires could have a chuckle before devouring their victim who had just waved a cross in front of them.

In fact, the only weaknesses that have endured through most fictions (and Twilight doesn't count because the tool who wrote them didn't know a single thing about vampires and just wanted to write a fanfiction to sell to little girls) is that they're vulnerable to sunlight (granted, that's a pretty big vulnerability to have) along with getting staked through the heart.

All in all, there's no easy answer to this ancient debate and thus I won't get myself worked up about it. I think there are situations where Werewolves will have the advantage while there are situations where the Vampires will fair better.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
BffSatan at 2:24AM, May 1, 2011
(online)
Well, werewolves can only be killed by silver bullets, and of course vampires are more than capable of firing a gun.
However, vampires need a steak in the heart, garlic, etc, to die. All the methods to kill a vampire seem a little impractical without opposable thumbs and some level of human intelligence.
Yup, I'm saying vampires.
Unless you're going to say that actually vampires can be killed by just being mauled enough.
In that case are we really talking about werewolves versus vampires, or are we talking about super-strong, invulnerable wolves versus normal people with photophobia?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Mr Kaos at 6:22AM, May 1, 2011
(online)
Vampires can die if you behead it. but i guess the same counts for werewolves. i never did hear of a being that can live without a head.

and good points about the old myths about vampires.. are sometimes silly. “Can't cross rivers” or this one that always makes me smile. “Has to count seeds that got tossed to the ground” Pretty OCD'd (sorry if it is the wrong word)

Did you know that one of the myths says that if werewolf dies it will come back as a vampire?
Good point about the vampires spreading the false facts about their weakness. it would be nice in a comic for sure. heh.

Yeah.. Werewolves can easily maul a vampire. perhaps snacking abit on the vampire.. if it doesn't mind the ashes there will be left when the vampire dies.

Product Placement at 7:35AM, May 1, 2011
(online)
Mr Kaos
Vampires can die if you behead it. but i guess the same counts for werewolves. i never did hear of a being that can live without a head.
You mean to say that you've discovered their weakness?

Vampires aren't exactly weaklings, you know. They are far stronger and faster then the average human, although werewolves are usually depicted as being stronger. However, if the werewolf is in his human form, the vampire should be stronger then him and when the werewolf morphs and becomes the stronger one, they normally loose the ability to think rationally and just attack blindly. That means that depending the situation, vampires could take advantage of that and lead the werewolf to a trap.

Besides, if Vampires are expecting to having to deal with werewolves, what's preventing them from carrying guns with silver tipped bullets and/or silver coated swords to behead with?

So again I say, depending on the situation, who's able to get the drop on whom, it's hard to automatically assume which monster wins.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Mr Kaos at 9:19AM, May 1, 2011
(online)
Heh. scary movie 3. well. to behead a werewolf.. must be hard like hell. thick neck and alot of muscles in it.

You are right Product Placement.
noone is preventing vampires to use weapons. (underworld movies.)
the same you can say about werewolves.. they can't use guns because of their paws/hands. but they still can use blunt weapons.

yeah vampires can win if they pick the right place to fight werewolves… and of course the time. (daylight time isn't working so well for vampires.)
Niccea at 10:06AM, May 1, 2011
(online)
I've heard some myths where vampires aren't fond of silver either.

Also, there are some werewolves that can control when they become wolves. Usually because of a magic wolf-pelt belt.

Vampires can get around in the day if they want to risk it. (At least in the modern day.) They just have to have a form of transportation that won't meet the sun. Such as very good tinted windows on a car. Or the trailer of a vehicle with a human at the wheel.

So it really depends on the werewolf and vampire you are talking about. Now if Blade was involved, there might be trouble on all sides.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
rokulily at 2:40PM, May 1, 2011
(online)
i'm just gonna say that fire will sort out any and all of your vampire/werewolf problems

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 3:44PM, May 1, 2011
(offline)
With the constant changing of each of them either could win, it just depoends who ever comes up with the next trumping move. I mean, hard core Vampire fans wil be like: “BUT GUUUIYYYZZZ LIKE, THEY'LL HAVE LIKE GUNS AND STUFF AND LIKE MARTIAL ARTS MOVES.” And Werewolf fans will be like: “WELL WEREWOLVES CAN HAVE GUNS TOO, HAVEN'T YOU SEEN UNDERWORLD???”

So I believe this war will never end, and I don't think anyone will win.
of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
EXCUSE ME WHILE I STROKE MY MOUSTACHE IN A SUGGESTIVE MANNER!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
blindsk at 5:49PM, May 1, 2011
(online)
BffSatan
Also, what's with putting werewolves and vampires up against each other all the time anyway?
To me it seems like they ought'a be on the same side.

I actually had always thought this, too. They seem to have a lot in common, but maybe tensions rose since they were both competing for human flesh.

Doesn't the ability to transform into a bat seem like a huge advantage though? While werewolves do have incredible strength, they probably wouldn't be able to catch a winged creature. This allows the vampires to pick and choose their battles on their terms. If they ever find themselves in unfavorable terms, they can always fly away to fight another day.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
bravo1102 at 3:39AM, May 2, 2011
(online)
Depends on whose legends and mythos provide us with the definition of werewolf and vampire.

In fact if we go back to Medieval Europe the two were almost interchangable.

For the sake of argument lets go with the apparent real documented cases of werewolves and vampires.

A werewolf is a psychopathic individual who imagines they revert to the form of a wolf. Psychopaths who think they're wolves can be pretty nasty consisdering how wimpy modern vampires are.

Come on, a teenaged goth-wanna be in black? The psychopath has all the advantages.

As for me I'll put my bet on the same guys who wiped out the American Werewolf in London: the SAS.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
itsjustaar at 4:43PM, May 2, 2011
(online)
Let's decide this another way.

Vampires:
- Bela Lugosi - Dracula
- Christopher Lee - Horror of Dracula
- Gary Oldman - Bram Stoker's Dracula
- William H. Marshall - Blacula
- Eddie Murphy - Vampire in Brooklyn

Werewolves:
- Lon Chaney Jr. - The Wolfman
- Jack Nicholson - Wolf
- Benicio del Toro - The Wolfman (remake)
- Dee Wallace - The Howling
- David Naughton - An American Werewolf in London

Bela loses points due to an addiction to heroin.
Lee wins because he's still alive and tickin' to do two trilogies together.
Gary has Gotham City know-ho, he must be street smart.
William is the first Blacula.
Eddie put bananas in our mufflers.

4 out of 5

Lon Chaney Jr. - son of the immortal Sr.
Jack was always batsh*t insane.
Benicio can do comedy, drama, and dramedies. +1
Dee who? Anyone even remember the book?
David had the craziest TF sequence ever.

4 out of 5.

Draw. :O
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Mr Kaos at 10:29AM, May 4, 2011
(online)
Heh.
Alright.. what if it is not.. about a war but contest?

1. race. (driving, running, swimming and m.m.)

2. a poker game.

3. scissor, stone and paper game.

4. boxing match.

5. wrestling.

6. weightlifting.

7. a boardgame. (doesn't matter which kind.)

8. staring contest. (the one who blinks first lose.)

9. eating contest.

10. stay alive contest.

11. video game contest.

12. hide and seek.

13. watch a boring speech without falling in sleep.

14. dancing contest.

15. hurt Uwe Boll so much as possible contest.

Hmm… i bet no 14 vampires would win that pretty easily.
Product Placement at 11:58AM, May 4, 2011
(online)
If I could draw, I would so illustrate every single one of those scenarios and give my interpretation about how it would go.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:55PM, May 4, 2011
(offline)
Every single one is Werewolf-won.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
bravo1102 at 2:40AM, May 5, 2011
(online)
But no vampire or werewolf can match Chuck Norris so the question of who is tougher becomes moot.

How about just making the contest of which one can come closest to equaling Chuck Norris. They can never equal or surpass him but which one comes closest?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
itsjustaar at 12:20PM, May 11, 2011
(online)
1. race. — Werewolves.

2. a poker game. — Vampires: “Look eento mah eyes!”

3. scissor, stone and paper game. — Vampires; Werewolves would rip them apart after, I guess it's a draw.

4. boxing match. — Werewolves would cheat.

5. wrestling. — Werewolves are muscle-bound.

6. weightlifting. — Werewolves.

7. a boardgame. (doesn't matter which kind.) — Everyone knows vampires dig Chutes'n'Ladders!

8. staring contest. (the one who blinks first lose.) — Vampires.

9. eating contest. — Werewolves.

10. stay alive contest. — Define ‘stay alive.’ Put werewolves in Transylvania and vampires in a forest-ladden area, I suppose.

11. video game contest. — Galon vs. Demitri? DRAW.

12. hide and seek. — Vampires. No reflection.

13. watch a boring speech without falling in sleep. — Vampires.

14. dancing contest. — Vampires and their crazy electric boogaloo.

15. hurt Uwe Boll so much as possible contest. — Uwe Boll would challenge them to a boxing match, and probably be viciously slaughtered by both. Team-up fight.

Hmm… i bet no 14 vampires would win that pretty easily.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved