Media Megaforum

Video Music Awards
tea_green at 12:18PM, Sept. 10, 2007
(offline)
Has anyone seen the VMA's yet? There was some fuss because it is supposed to be Britney Spears' kickoff to her comeback. So she performed and of course she was lip-synching. I never minded it because she would have an awesome dance number to make up for it. This time she didn't. She was running around all chubby in a bikini barely moving around. Plus she looked bored. I could have pulled off a better dance number. Plus she debuted her catch phrase: “It's Britney, bitch.” It was full of failure. She'll never return to glory.

Then they had the quadruple threat award. It was supposed to focus on performers who were multitasking. All of them had the same thing: Singer and Clothing Line. Everyone has a frickin clothing line. Eww.

The highlight was the hosts. Sara Silverman and Jamie Foxx were great.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM
Hawk at 11:17PM, Sept. 10, 2007
(online)
I've always hated MTV and wouldn't have ever thought of watching the VMA's, but I got to work this morning and a coworker recommended I at least catch Britney's performance. I'm glad I did. It was both sad and hilarious to watch the disgraced princess of pop humiliate herself on TV. She wasn't lip-synching very well at all, in fact, some times it looked like she decided to not even try. Plus, the way she moved around on stage it was like she was trying to hold in a fart the entire time.

Maybe it's wrong of me to enjoy seeing another human being at a new lowpoint in her life, but for somebody who probably damaged an entire batch of the world's little girls, I make exception.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Red Slayer at 12:24AM, Sept. 11, 2007
(online)
tea_green
It was full of failure. She'll never return to glory.

You can't get back what you never had.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
SarahN at 1:15AM, Sept. 11, 2007
(online)
Hawk
Plus, the way she moved around on stage it was like she was trying to hold in a fart the entire time.
Maybe she was!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
ShinGen at 9:21AM, Sept. 11, 2007
(online)
Slightly off topic but I just heard from KRoQ that Michael Jackson was there. And now I am scared.

Welcome to the academy of the 1337. Try not to get fragged.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
alexhatzia at 12:06PM, Sept. 18, 2007
(online)
fuck you man michael jackson would have made the show.

it's a lie by the way. chris brown tried to dance to billie jean, but it was butchered. my heart started to pound cuz i thought michael was going to share the stage with chris, but it was rihanna, which isn't bad. she fine.

if you can't tell already, i'm a huge michael jackson fan. and when he makes a comeback performance there won't be any shit about him giving a shitty performance, because one from him doesn't exist.

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
tea_green at 12:53PM, Sept. 18, 2007
(offline)
Well, MJ actually did appear on stage at the European VMA's but he didn't dance. He let Chris Brown do the entire Thriller routine and then sung “We are the world”. I don't think Chris Brown is as good as Michael but his skill is impressive.

MJ is getting lazy though. I think his age is catching up with him.

What really pissed me off about the Britney Spears performance was that she replaced Prince. It's bad enough that he's gonna retire soon. I would have liked to see him perform instead of that…whatever you wanna call what Miss Brotneywurst did.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM
alexhatzia at 2:47PM, Sept. 18, 2007
(online)
chris is good i didn't mean to completely bash him. it's just that as a dancer i thought that his billie jean routine could have been much better.

and yea it's frustrating that michael isn't putting out any albums as of lately (even though he claims he's working on one). he's constantly making music, just not releasing it. anyways i was i little confused when we see all this promotion for hurricane katrina relief, saying that he's going to put out a single to raise money for the victims, but that never happened.

other than that you have to give the guy a break. i'm sure that after a year of trial he just wants to kick back a bit. which reminds me that that damn trial interrupted his video for “one more chance” which would have been cool. but now we'll never know :/

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
jalford at 2:45AM, Sept. 19, 2007
(online)
About fukkin time that this happened though!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hftplLsRgoU&mode=related&search=
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved