Debate and Discussion

Virginity beliefs?
Aurora Moon at 9:13PM, Aug. 17, 2007
(offline)
mapaghimagsik
I think waiting from a position of restraint and not giving into urges for immediate gratification is commendable. I think it only show the person can resist urges for sex, however, and doesn't say much about character in general.

I do not think virginity is a good nor bad thing. Not having sex because of some sort of puritanical limitation or because one is afraid or fears community backlash is…well sad.

Frankly, we have no idea of knowing if we're better or worse for waiting or not waiting. We don't get to walk that – or any path really – again.

One hopes the decision whether to remain a virgin or not is something that is made from a position of strength, not weakness.

well said. now I'm a virgin, but I'm NOT waiting until I'm married or some shit like that. I simply just not choose to have sex. I'm not wanting to make my first time special or some shit. I just simply want to have sex with somebody who's worthwhile somebody who would be with me for at least one to two years. And so far I haven't met a guy that I could even consider staying with for that long. And also mainly for health reasons–AIDS, HIV, etc. I don't want to have some kind of casual relationship even though I don't believe in saving yourself for marriage… in fact I don't even plan on getting married.

I guess one of the reasons why I'm still this way is because, funny enough, one of my friends affected me by being the total opposite of that. In high school and college, he was in and out of relationships all the time, the worse being when he contracted HIV from a girl that he was in a relationship with for FIVE WEEKS. It just made him look completely foolish to me.

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to a lot of things. Heck I don't even care if people are gay and having gay sex… in fact a lot of my friends are into some pretty kinky stuff, and even some other stuff some people would consider to be wrong. and I don't mind. All I care about is that my friends have safe sex and not rush into anything like that one mentioned friend of mine.

So basically my views on such things are: Don't rush into anything especially not relationships, take your time and make sure you know what you're getting into, play it safe. Don't let others influence you on the subjects of sex as seeing what they think is right may not be right for you. Do what you feel is right for YOU and you only.
Say I end up having sex out of marriage with some boyfriend who was basically with me for only two years or something, then I'm not gonna let some religous person tell me that I was wrong and sinning. If I was happy with my boyfriend those two years, and we parted ways without too much drama… then I'd like to think that it was time spent well.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
mapaghimagsik at 9:18PM, Aug. 17, 2007
(offline)
Aurora Moon
In high school and college, he was in and out of relationships all the time, the worse being when he contracted HIV from a girl that he was in a relationship with for FIVE WEEKS. It just made him look completely foolish to me.

Jesus on a circus bear, that's not foolish, that's a tragedy. At best, he will have to deal with it for the rest of his life. At worst, his life will be much shorter.

I'm not really slighting you – I'm sure its just a slip in wording.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
Rori at 9:22PM, Aug. 17, 2007
(online)
Cheers to you, Aurora! That's how I was, and I'm pretty happy with my decisions. I think you'll do well :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:11PM
crazyninny at 8:16PM, Aug. 21, 2007
(online)
As long as you haven't has sex with someone WILLINGLY *Rape victoms are virgins to me.* you a virgin. If you accidently had it broken someway, ITS OKAY. I actually had mine broken in an accident, but its cool. Dose it make me less of a virgin? No, why? Becuase I haven't ever in my life had any kind of sex!

People will say I'm not a virgin becuase I broken my wall on accident, but really, its just a wall. You can actually have it surgalily fixed! So, dose that mean if someone fixed her wall 23 times means she was a virging 23 times?

No, I'm still a virgin. And I'll stay happily like that until my wedding day! ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
warren at 9:35PM, Aug. 21, 2007
(offline)
crazyninny
People will say I'm not a virgin becuase I broken my wall on accident, but really, its just a wall. You can actually have it surgalily fixed! So, dose that mean if someone fixed her wall 23 times means she was a virging 23 times?
A friend of mine loves the phrase “you can't unring the bell.” I think it applies.
Warren

On the Duck:
Title -updating! ~30 strips!
PAC -New! >10 strips.

Others:
Spare Change -updating! ~2000 strips!
Mass Production -hiatus. ~300 strips.

This guy does Piss Mario, Stick, and Filler!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
deletedbyrequest03 at 10:30AM, Aug. 22, 2007
(offline)
I seriously don't care about what form of sex people say take away your virginity, but if someone pulls down his or her pants and has tons of happy happy fun (with another person), they're not a virgin anymore. Unless they do that by themselves. That's masturbation. But if anyone's wondering, doing a corpse is obviously masturbation. Since, you know, they're not living. And technically, since they're not living, you're doing everything yourself.

Getting back on topic… (whistles)

I mean, does this sound right to you?:

“So what if I did (this) to his (that)?! I have seen all of his stuff, he has seen all of mine. He has even looked inside my magical portal. But that's okay. I've only done it 5 times. I'm still a complete virgin, and there is nothing you can do about it.”

I think a virgin is someone that has never experienced any form of sex. They may have dated, but they haven't ‘done’ anything.

I know, some people say that they're not a virgin unless they have ultima intercourse. How do people lose their virginity if they're homosexual? If it has anything to do with sexual pleasure, and there's two people taking part, I find that to be losing your virginity.

Now, about the whole hymen thing, I agree with Aurora.

Girl: Alright. Kick me.
Guy: Are you sure you want me to?
Girl: Of course I'm sure!
Guy: …Well… Alright…
(Kick. Screams.)
Girl: L-Look everybody! I lost… I lost my virginity to… that guy…
People of the crowd: ZOMG YOU WHORE!!!!

I mean, those two people obviously had sex. He broke her hymen. She is now a virgin no more. Look at that.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
crazyninny at 11:08AM, Aug. 22, 2007
(online)
warren
crazyninny
A friend of mine loves the phrase “you can't unring the bell.” I think it applies.

Truely dose. Once you had it, you had it. Don't say that your still a virgin when you know your not. Everyone knows that once you had sex, your not a virgin any more.
But for me, I haven't had it yet. So, my bell still hasn't rung. ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved