Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Vivid Dream I had about a Shooting Rampage...
Inkmonkey at 5:30PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
kyupol
4) Fear and Love of the Lord and fear of eternal damnation.

Seriously, that was your only reason for not going on a killing rampage? Not because God taught you the futility of violence, or to respect they neighbor, etc., but simply out of fear of some sort of “Bogeyman” God that will come out of the closet and damn your monkey ass to Hell?

I've always hated the “Do what our Deity says because he'll kick your ass if you don't” style of religion, be it Christian, pagan, etc.. I think a better use of religion is to instill people to do the right thing simply because it is right, and not just because they'll get in trouble for misbehaving.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 5:32PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
kyupol

I just realized that someone in my school looks exactly like that. Except female. So exactly like that, I guess.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:05AM
Lord Shplane at 5:34PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
Inkmonkey
kyupol
4) Fear and Love of the Lord and fear of eternal damnation.

Seriously, that was your only reason for not going on a killing rampage? Not because God taught you the futility of violence, or to respect they neighbor, etc., but simply out of fear of some sort of “Bogeyman” God that will come out of the closet and damn your monkey ass to Hell?

I've always hated the “Do what our Deity says because he'll kick your ass if you don't” style of religion, be it Christian, pagan, etc.. I think a better use of religion is to instill people to do the right thing simply because it is right, and not just because they'll get in trouble for misbehaving.

One of the core values of Flying Spaghetti Monster-ism is that the Flying Spaghetti Monster could give a shit less. Flying Spaghetti Monster won't punish you for anything.

However, Flying Spaghetti Monster clergymen teach that people should be good anyway, because really, otherwise they'd be a bunch of dicks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:42PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 5:36PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
It's Pastafarianism and it's stupid.
Lord Shplane at 5:42PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
Atom Apple
It's Pastafarianism and it's stupid.

Haha no. Flying Spaghetti Monster-ism teaches a completely different set of values than Pastafarianism. Pastafarians believe in The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. We have a completely different set of religious literature, called The Book of Great Meatballs. Also, we follow the Spaghetti Pope.

Completely different.
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 5:43PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
They're similar in that they're retarded.
Custard Trout at 5:49PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
So kyupol, if you were presented with undeniable evidence that god does not exist, would you go on a crime spree? You know because all except yours is worthless and you only don't massacre the nearest public place is because of some sort of punishment? That doesn't seem too moral to me.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 5:51PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
All you did was void number four.

kyupol
1) Fear of the Law.
2) Having family and/or friends who are willing to support you.
3) Knowing its the right thing to do. I've seen the atheist argument of ‘you dont need a God or religion to know its the right thing to do’.
Custard Trout at 5:55PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
He said those were alternatives.
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 6:03PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
Then he'd seek an alternative.
Lord Shplane at 6:07PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
Atom Apple

He already said that the alternatives didn't exist for him, that they had already failed.
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 6:09PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
Lord Shplane
Atom Apple

He already said that the alternatives didn't exist for him, that they had already failed.
…Fine then. Nobody prove God doesn't exist. And if you're going to, well good luck with that.
Custard Trout at 6:12PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
It was rhetorical, I just want to know if he would. I ask to pretty much anybody I know who's religious.

More than a few said they would.
kyupol at 6:54PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(online)
So kyupol, if you were presented with undeniable evidence that god does not exist, would you go on a crime spree?

Not today.

But during my teenager days I would have done it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
lefarce at 7:11PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(online)
Guys, of course me making fun of someone counts as no-free-speech. I'm just so awesome that I can negate laws with my patented brand of verbal kickassery.

Excuse me while I go look at myself in the mirror for a while. Night' losers.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:32PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 7:23PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
lefarce
Excuse me while I go look at myself in the mirror for a while. Night' losers.
May I join?
subcultured at 9:02PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(online)
well my suggestion about finding a psychiatrists doesn't just come from this thread, but I've notice the same types of issues that keeps popping up.

mostly homicidal tendencies.
it might help to talk to a professionals about it.

work out some issues….
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
kyupol at 5:47AM, Dec. 14, 2007
(online)
Ok Ok. America is NOT religious.

I understand now America's reliance on science and stuff like that to solve issues. Everything from technical stuff to people's attitudes. I noticed a stronger belief in science than religion.

Science is not perfect. Psychiatry isnt. Psychiatrists have failed to solve my problem and could have possibly made shit worse for me.

I tell you what happened.

Psychiatrist prescribed me anti-depressant meds. Its called ‘selexa’. It has this effect of making you unusually calm. As in you just wont get angry. It manipulates some chemicals in your brain in such a way that you just become so damn calm.

However that was only a quick fix. After being on it from 2004-2005 I noticed that I began to develop a thinking that made me dependent on the drugs. The magic pill to make my problems go away. I noticed that after prolonged period of not taking the meds, I still felt like fucking up again. The anger just stays there. The meds just suppressed it but the ROOT stays there. As if something is incomplete.

The cause of the problem is not some damn chemicals in the brain. But the thought pattern. To ‘cure’ thought pattern you need to find a philosophy (or combination) to cure that.

Its like you have a car. If something always becomes a problem in a car, the mechanic can fix it. But its up to the ENGINEER to fix the design flaw of that particular car.

Going back, one day, I was interviewed thoroughly by the psychiatrist. I told him a more detailed version of the stuff I believe about God.

Skipping through the blabla, I think I mentioned along the lines that I don't plan on getting involved in a relationship because it is too damn risky. Its the last priority and I have to focus more on career and further development of myself.

But… the guy IMMEDIATELY tried to give me bullshit ideas that I should try to get myself into a relationship to help solve my problems. He was insistent and adamant about it.

And then I decided I'd never see this guy again.

Look.

If I get a relationship and it fucks up, I get more crazier in the end. And the more I get crazier the more I need to see a psychiatrist. And further craziness due to a divorce especially in this sexist continent of the earth (sexist against the male gender), it will further aggravate and complicate problems. Maybe I'd get a drug problem or worse alcohol problem? To the benefit of the psychiatrist. And that whole ‘mental health’ industry.

When I plan things, it takes alot of back-planning. And possible scenarios to fallback on. I AM an organized person. No wonder my superiors in every place I worked at think good of me because I'm organized. I always have a backup plan in case the guy before me fails to meet his deadlines. Also in case of my absence I make sure the next person responsible wont have a hard time.

That includes the spectrum of so-called ‘relationships’. If it fails, there is too much to risk. Too much of an investment to lose. The legal and health risks. Is too much for me.

Thats where I saw that ‘psychiatrist’ is not really there to help. He is looking after his own personal interest.

The solution to my problem lies in strength. And through God comes strength as well as through my own human effort.

Nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa (In God is mercy, in people are action)

That is why before you see a psychiatrist to help you give your quick fix to your problem, find something to raise your morale. It doesnt need to be ‘God’ if you are an atheist.
Ozoneocean at 6:02AM, Dec. 14, 2007
(online)
Inkmonkey
Oddly, though, a mod forcing LeFarce (or anyone, really) to not pick on you would, in fact, be a breech of freedom of speech. So I guess in that sense, sure, Drunkduck does repress freedom of speech, assuming that said speech is harassment of an individual. But then, the law also doesn't allow one to stand outside of a government building shouting racial slurs at passing minorities, and I'm pretty sure that's not considered loss of freedom of speech.
That's true. DD isn't a free speech area. :)
It's mostly free, but in order to keep the place having a nice community vibe, open to ALL (not just the regulars), we have to get people to tone down the mischief. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
Inkmonkey at 6:04AM, Dec. 14, 2007
(offline)
The thing is, Kyupol, you didn't say that you were avoiding a relationship because you didn't want one, you said you were avoiding a relationship because you were afraid that getting rejected will make you insane.

That is not a healthy response.

A healthy response is to man up, face your fears, and overcome them. Encouraging you to do so is not the mental help community's clever ruse to make you even crazier down the road so they can sell you more drugs.
kyupol at 7:36AM, Dec. 14, 2007
(online)
Inkmonkey
The thing is, Kyupol, you didn't say that you were avoiding a relationship because you didn't want one, you said you were avoiding a relationship because you were afraid that getting rejected will make you insane.

That is not a healthy response.

A healthy response is to man up, face your fears, and overcome them. Encouraging you to do so is not the mental help community's clever ruse to make you even crazier down the road so they can sell you more drugs.

dude, there is a difference between being brave and being stupid.

If ever I will seek a relationship I will not seek it in North America.
Custard Trout at 8:03AM, Dec. 14, 2007
(offline)
I changed my mind, kyupol, go see a therapist.

Creating imaginary problems and blaming them on someone trying to help you will not solve your problems, pretending you don't need help will do more damage.

Those pills are not intended to cure you of your problems, they're supposed to keep you calm so you can get to the root of your problems. The only thing preventing those pills helping you is your unwillingness to dig, and instead blame others when you mistakes cause problems for you.
kyupol at 9:04AM, Dec. 14, 2007
(online)
lol I dont have problems. I'm perfectly sane. I can function properly. I maintain a job and I'm confident in my ability to climb up the income ladder. I can still do comics, I can still get out and chill. :)

To accuse me of being insane just because I say something that you dont agree with is kinda insane in itself. To sum it up, N. America is a country with sexist anti-male laws. And getting married (unless you are gay) in this part of the world is suicidally insane. Disagree with me on that but calling me insane because you disagree with me is just plain rude.

I guess this topic has been sidetracked a bit.

But back to the topic, if such dreams happen with consistent frequency I'd see a therapist (perhaps a different one). :)

Its not always consistent that could create a worrisome trend. I dreamt about other bad things too like falling off a building or getting killed. And weird stuff too.

Its not all bad stuff theres good stuff too. Like having sex. lol

Having dreams in your sleep is perfectly normal.

Fenn at 12:12PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(offline)
kyupol
To accuse me of being insane just because I say something that you dont agree with is kinda insane in itself. To sum it up, N. America is a country with sexist anti-male laws. And getting married (unless you are gay) in this part of the world is suicidally insane. Disagree with me on that but calling me insane because you disagree with me is just plain rude.
Wait a minute here… you think people calling you insane is rude. Okay, I can understand that, I guess. Then you say that anyone getting married in North America is suicidally insane. Do you realize the hypocrisy of that statement? Do you realize how rude that is to the many members of this community who are married? You've just called all of them insane, for crying out loud.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
kyupol at 12:18PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(online)
Fenn
kyupol
Wait a minute here… you think people calling you insane is rude. Okay, I can understand that, I guess. Then you say that anyone getting married in North America is suicidally insane. Do you realize the hypocrisy of that statement? Do you realize how rude that is to the many members of this community who are married? You've just called all of them insane, for crying out loud.

You misread/misunderstood me.

Thats my own personal opinion.

To people who are married its their own choice. I'm not here to bring down the hammer of righteousness or shit like that by telling all of em to agree with me. I respect your decisions and your opinions.

Thats why I expect vice-versa on my own opinions and decisions. :)

Custard Trout at 12:27PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(offline)
That does not change the fact that you essentially think every North American on these forums insane. Some people might take issue when your ‘opinion’ is that they happen to be nuts.
kyupol at 12:47PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(online)
Custard Trout
That does not change the fact that you essentially think every North American on these forums insane. Some people might take issue when your ‘opinion’ is that they happen to be nuts.

Dude, I still believe I made a very educated decision to not get involved in relationships and avoid marriage. It is not something out of the blue and spur of the moment and influenced by emotion. No amount of valentines footage showing happy couples is gonna change my decision.

I firmly believe that getting into relationships will not solve a supposed ‘mental health’ issue.

Ooh… youre single and you suppose to be lonely and depressed! Then you find a partner and YEHEY!!! The magic pill to disappear your problems!!!

The world doesnt work that way, my friend.

The original topic being discussed is a psychiatrist FORCING his shit on me for the sake of more profit for the whole ‘mental health’ industry. I told him I'm already a functional person and theres no need for me to be on meds and keep doing ‘therapy’ and shit.

It is wrong and unprofessional to force people into a certain ideology.

Inkmonkey at 12:47PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(offline)
kyupol
And getting married (unless you are gay) in this part of the world is suicidally insane.

Um, I'm pretty sure it's the exact opposite, mainly because there are some sick fuckwits out there who will murder two gay men just for getting married.
Ozoneocean at 1:01PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(online)
Hahaha, he's right, Americans are all crazy lol!

You know it ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
gigatwo at 1:58PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(offline)
I've had plenty of school shooting dreams.

I always get shot up.

It sucks.

I've also had a good number of dreams where I've been blamed for killing someone, even though I had nothing to do with it.

Those also suck.

I prefer the dreams that make no sense (ie. you grow wings and fly through a volcano). Those dreams are awesome.

I'm an atheist, but that doesn't mean I plan on shooting someone anytime soon. I don't really need a God to help me solve my problems.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon