Media Megaforum

Vocaloid
da_kasha at 1:53AM, Sept. 16, 2009
(offline)
I'm not sure if there's already a thread on this. Actually I'm not sure how many people will know about Vocaloid but if you DO know which are your favourite songs and your favourite voices?

Servant of Evil is probably the first one I heard so here's a random version of it.

Pretty sad, huh? I think I like the Len voice and the Kaito voice the best. Especially after I heard Kaito sing like this:

It freaked me out to no end the first time I listened to it but the next day I had it running on loop and annoyed my family trying to hum it that high xD

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
isukun at 2:18PM, Sept. 16, 2009
(online)
I never really got into the whole vocaloid thing. They always sound kinda off to me, but I guess that's to be expected when you're just trying to put together vocal tracks by stringing together prerecorded vocal samples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Lonnehart at 4:42PM, Sept. 16, 2009
(online)
I posted a vocaloid song in my “Love Confession” thread. I don't feel like linking it again even though it's really cute. :)

Then there's this song…

GUMI: Naname World
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Product Placement at 9:15AM, Sept. 19, 2009
(online)
isukun
They always sound kinda off to me, but I guess that's to be expected when you're just trying to put together vocal tracks by stringing together prerecorded vocal samples.
I'll admit that they sound a bit off, most of the time but they're sertainly a step beyond Microsoft Sam. ^^
Lonnehart
I posted a vocaloid song in my “Love Confession” thread. I don't feel like linking it again even though it's really cute. :)
That song is way too cute to be not posted again. Here it is.

I also like this song.

It's actually a mixture of this song and this one.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
isukun at 3:04PM, Sept. 19, 2009
(online)
but they're sertainly a step beyond Microsoft Sam.

Not by much. The Vocaloids can't speak naturally, either (and in fact are even less understandable outside of songs sung in Japanese). Microsoft Anna seems to do a decent job on the text-to-speech front, at least a lot better than any Vocaloid.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved