Networking & Community Projects*

WANTED: sequential artist/comic book artist
andyew at 3:52AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(offline)
Posting this for a friend.

If you are interested follow the forum rules by commenting here but also contact him directly. His email is below.

Someone
If you've got a cool post apocalyptic style, like drawing weird and twisted stories, can't seem to commit to a full 24 page comic then the new A4 full colour comic book ‘Gloom Machine’ is for you.

Gloom Machine is a 2000AD style comic magazine printed in full colour, with 4 separate short stories of approx 6 pages each written by one of our talented guest writers. All stories are based on the world of the Gloom Machine, part Mad Max, part Resident Evil Apocalypse, part Silent Hill. So think, plenty of action, violence, zombies, and guys and girls with big guns.

We are looking for artists to contribute art to 6 page stories. It can be mono, inked, not inked or full colour (as long as the non inked pencils are tight enough to print).

If you want to be part of the first issue, get your interest in quick as it goes to print in March 2011

email some samples of your work to drgloom gloommachine com

visit www.gloommachine.blogspot.com for more info.
Also check out his other sites.

www.hollowviolin.com

www.beautifulgloommachine.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
Asbin at 5:54AM, Jan. 18, 2011
(online)
Well I'm a big fan of post-apocalyptic stories. the closest I've come to drawing a story like that was in Genejoke's Malefic Tales. I'd be willing to give this one a try, would just need a script. Here are a couple of examples from that comic I mentioned I worked on (I have improved a bit since then btw)

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
andyew at 4:22AM, Feb. 8, 2011
(offline)
To those who took and interest and contacted us we greatly appreciate it.

Applications are now closed.

We will be contacting successful applicants shortly.

Gloom Machine magazine will have 4 issues a year and we will be inviting different artists to contribute.

For those who submitted applications we'll keep them on file.

For those wishing to contribute keep an eye on the official website for artists calls.

www.gloommachine.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/beautifulgloommachine
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon