Debate and Discussion

Watchmen - new ending
Rickswan at 3:57PM, March 8, 2009
(online)
So who here wishes that they kept the original ending, in which

SPOILER ALERT

A giant genetically engineered telepathic octopus beast is teleported directly into times square and causes a psychic explosion killing millions?

Also here's my shameless additional tribute comic:
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:07PM
Skullbie at 6:58PM, March 8, 2009
(online)
The squid ending was far superior because;

It sent a physic broadcast of what happened to people around the globe, ensuring that Ozymandias plan would outlive him. Also the squid spread was epic.

Another thing is the squid was an unknown entity and the people of earth could have no idea how strong it is-OR when it's coming back. They basically knew how strong Dr. Manhattan was and could probably tell if he was coming back or not.
It also ensured no one could ever trace this back to Ozymandias- and he was shown as much more conceited in his plan-making- Rorschach's journal more surprising.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
Rickswan at 7:31PM, March 8, 2009
(online)
Skullbie
The squid ending was far superior because;

It sent a physic broadcast of what happened to people around the globe, ensuring that Ozymandias plan would outlive him. Also the squid spread was epic.

Another thing is the squid was an unknown entity and the people of earth could have no idea how strong it is-OR when it's coming back. They basically knew how strong Dr. Manhattan was and could probably tell if he was coming back or not.
It also ensured no one could ever trace this back to Ozymandias- and he was shown as much more conceited in his plan-making- Rorschach's journal more surprising.

I couldn't agree more, and although I can - without condoning or condemning - understand the decision to change it, if they had kept it this would without a doubt be the most faithful comic book adaptation ever. Dicks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:07PM
Hawk at 7:45PM, March 8, 2009
(online)
I wish there was a better way to do this… but this post belongs in Media Discussion, which I can't move it to because there's already a Watchmen topic. And they're already discussing the ending there. So I'll lock this one and hopefully it won't be too much trouble to repost your opinions there.

Watchmen topic:
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=47290&cid=239
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved