Media Megaforum

Watchmen Director's Cut
isukun at 2:08AM, Sept. 26, 2009
(online)
he felt that he was no longer human, and so people could construe that as he has a vendetta against them.

Except that the whole event plays out more like a temper tantrum. If he no longer thought of himself as human, he wouldn't care about humanity or what we do to each other, which would result in one of two events taking place: Either he kills everyone or simply leaves. Killing only some people and then leaving doesn't make any sense. Who is he warning and why if he doesn't have a clear connection to us? If he's angry, he's gotten his revenge and left, the matter is resolved. If he's concerned about humanity's ability to police itself, why did he not just take over or kill everyone instead of just a few?

Plus, as I stated before, this threat of Dr. Manhattan does not necessitate global cooperation. He is a single enemy who cannot be fought through conventional means, so there isn't any reason the countries of the world need to pool their resources for a possible conflict.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
ozoneocean at 5:27AM, Sept. 26, 2009
(online)
DAJB
isukun
Many reviewers hated the initial release because the pacing was poor and the advertising campaign for the movie was misleading. Most changed their minds after the release of the director's cut, which offered a significantly different experience from the original.
I disagree with that. Bladerunner's reputation had grown even before the Director's Cut was released.
I agree with that. It was already getting more and more popular before the director's cut because of the unique portrayal of the future and the star performances of Daryl Hannah, Rutgar Hauer and Harrison Ford.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
isukun at 3:49AM, Sept. 27, 2009
(online)
Bladerunner's reputation grew mostly among fans and moreso in the international market until the release of the “uncut” version in the US, which was basically what everybody outside of the US got with their theatrical version. And that still didn't change the critical reception of the movie. Critics hated the home version as much as the theatrical cut. That doesn't mean the movie didn't have a cult following.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Mondo_Funky at 3:18PM, Oct. 6, 2009
(online)
isukun
The unrealistic violence and gratuitous sex and nudity really don't help to establish the film as a sophisticated scifi epic, either.
Patrick Wilson's ass and a few split-second shots of a penis don't strike me as “gratuitous”, especially compared to the average “serious” movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved