Media Megaforum

We need a new Captain America.
joeychips at 6:49AM, July 7, 2007
(online)
I am hoping they will pull a “Dallas” TV show and admit that the whole Civil War storyline was actually just a bad dream.
If not, it should be the child Cap never knew he had.
Joe Chiappetta
www.SillyDaddy.net
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
marine at 9:25AM, July 7, 2007
(offline)
blntmaker
I heard the OLD Hawkeye was Captain America for like, a minute. Punisher (as marine said) has a nice twist to the Captain America uniform.

Fallen Son #3 has Iron Man ask Hawk eye to be the new Captain America. Hawkeye tries it out, but decides against it. Hawkeye's in a weird position because he's dead, came back in the house of M alternate reality, and then is displaced in the current world and feels akward and isn't really actively superheroing as far as I can tell, he's just chilling waiting to be used when the Avengers go back to the status quo in a few years, with Captain America and Iron Man by his side. Possibly even The Hulk. I know if I did the Avengers, my team would be: Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, Ant-Man, and maybe some more edgey guys to round out the roster like Wolverine or Deadpool. I absolutely think Spider-Man has no buissness being an Avenger. He fights villains of a different caliber than the Fanastic Four and Avengers. Not saying he can't save the world or universe even, but he simply shouldn't be there. He's too vulnerable and an untrained vigilante at that. The rest of the team makes sense to me, but Spider-Man, might be a smart guy, but he's not in the leauge of Tony Stark or Hank Pym. As lame as Giant Man/Ant-Man/Yellowjacket/whatever the fuck is, he's got his place as their Donatello science guy. Tony Stark's the playboy smart guy. Captain America's the leader. Hawkeye, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch are support. And the Hulk, well, The Hulk is the muscle. Anytime you need shit to die, piss off The Incredible Hulk. You know another character I'd put on the Avengers roster? Nova. After annihilation, he's more than a capable hero. The New Warriors was a favorite book of mine in the late 80s/early 90s comic scene, and the start of the Civil War was an awesome mind fuck of a comic. The scene with Tony Stark coming in his Hulkbuster and destroying cities is made of the coolest of cool scenes. To see Black Bolt beaten by the hulk and dragged into the public like that is also an iconic scene for anyone thats trying to follow comics. I'm sure the guys that live this shit loved that scene, if they weren't eating cheetos and playing dungeons and dragons with a star trek campaign setting.

Personally, I can't wait to see where World War Hulk goes. I'm predicting some big plot twists. This first round is just the begging.

joeychips
I am hoping they will pull a “Dallas” TV show and admit that the whole Civil War storyline was actually just a bad dream.
If not, it should be the child Cap never knew he had.

I'm voting The Punisher stays as Captain America for a year or two, then they just wedge Captain America back into the comics somehow. Thor just decides he should live again, and boom shows up again. Thor #1 of his newly relaunched book has him just wish himself back to reality. Hopefully Loki can do that too so he can have his arch nemesis.

I love The Punisher, and the last ten years or so of his books have been gold. Starting with Garth Ennis's Welcoem Back Frank story, the shits never been more awesome. The Marvel Knights books if you can find them are great too, but not nearly as great as they could've been had Garth Ennis been able to avoid superheros and other continuity trappings. When the Punisher's MAX books started, I was in heaven. its every bit the coolest most violent 70s vigilante movie turned up to eleven. Its just so damn cool to see the Punisher as a vietnam veteran, clearly out of his mind, but he's doing what he feels is the right course of action: a one man war against crime. He's had allies come and go, but they never last long. Also the Punisher MAX books gave us the coolest Punisher villain ever, Barracuda. If you've not seen him, he's a big angry black guy with gold teeth that says ‘FUCK YOU" on them. He’s violent, crazy, and sadistic. The greatest literary character to emerge this century is an understatement. If you've not seen him and the Punisher fight, its nothing short of the coolest most dramatic stuff in comics. I think I like him as a villain better than The Russian (He's the giant assassin in the movie, but even more cooler in the Marvel Knights stuff.) and all of his awesomeness.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 6:28PM, July 7, 2007
(offline)
Captain America is the Kenny of the super hero universe.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
SpANG at 9:12AM, July 8, 2007
(online)
Vindibudd
j—- c—–, Spang, why are you so in love with George Bush? That's all I have to say about that.
Think so? 'Cuz I think you really need to read CW again. If you ever did in the first place.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:52PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 8:58PM, July 8, 2007
(offline)
Trust me, he just won't stay down.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
ZeroVX at 4:27AM, July 9, 2007
(online)
Supoerheroes never stay dead. They always find some convoluted way to come back.

But, we need a new one until he comes back.

I think maybe Dr. Strange could do it.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 6:14AM, July 9, 2007
(offline)
Do we really need a guy running around in a spandex flag? As if everyone dosen't hate us enough?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:04AM
marine at 7:39AM, July 9, 2007
(offline)
I'm anxiously awaiting Captain America #26, something probably happens as the Fallen Son's final book says it took place before Captain America #26. I thought I had read it, but I don't remember. It seemed like it was just a big circle jerk “we miss captain America” kind of crap. Maybe that was something else I read.

I know I'm behind on the Fatastic Four. The last thing I read had them fighting Annihlis, and then I read some of the Civil War stuff where Doctor Doom was trying to steal Thor's hammer.
blntmaker at 7:40PM, July 9, 2007
(online)
ZeroVX
Supoerheroes never stay dead. They always find some convoluted way to come back.

In the comic world, the only person allowed to stay dead is Uncle Ben Parker. Everyone else is fair game.

How long did it take DC to cave before the finally brought back SUPERMAN?

Captain America will be back and as good as new. Perhaps with a new uniform that everyone is bound to hate.

Chances are, he'll have to fight for his job back a la John Walker from the early 90's (Remember US Agent?) - Oh hey, Cap (Steve Rogers) lost his job the LAST time a Republican was in office…Hmm…

Also, a NEW and better Captain America movie is due! Right after they handle Iron Man.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
marine at 11:27AM, July 11, 2007
(offline)
blntmaker
ZeroVX

In the comic world, the only person allowed to stay dead is Uncle Ben Parker. Everyone else is fair game.

Came back, it was brief, but it happened. Even Gwen Stacy came back, but yeah, he came back. This doesn't mention him back in the House of M either.

This mentions it kind of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Parker#Fictional_character_biography
Boss at 12:54PM, July 13, 2007
(offline)
ZeroVX

He's not coming back. They don't want to bring him back. The writer killed him off for a reason, he wants people to feel a great loss cos his son died. He's dead, and never coming back.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
dueeast at 12:00PM, July 21, 2007
(online)
I think he'll come back – maybe not Steve Rogers, but somebody will be a new Captain America. Marvel invested 40+ years in him and he's worth it financially to bring him back.

Writer preferences and the concepts of reality and continuity never stopped Marvel from resurrecting the dead superhero before (to Jean Grey's eternal sorrow, I'd imagine)!

Boss
ZeroVX

He's not coming back. They don't want to bring him back. The writer killed him off for a reason, he wants people to feel a great loss cos his son died. He's dead, and never coming back.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
marine at 12:37PM, July 21, 2007
(offline)
He's coming back in 2009, just in time for his movie, I'm telling you guys.
Xaden at 2:37PM, July 21, 2007
(offline)
I mean it could be worse then a super hero dieing…. it could Be Goku. he dies every Saga and Comes back…but so Has kenny on every episode of South park… hmmm
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
deepcheese at 6:29PM, July 25, 2007
(online)
Easy.
Stephen Colbert. the Cap bequeathed his sheild to him, so he's an obvious choice, am I right?

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
DemonSaintDante at 5:42AM, July 27, 2007
(online)
It was sad when Hawk Eye chose not to be C America… that was such a good comic though…

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
dueeast at 9:31AM, July 28, 2007
(online)
So with Punisher as Cap for now (unless I missed something, which is always possible), does that really make him (especially in light of the combo costume below) “Punish America?” That seems a little ironic.

DemonSaintDante
It was sad when Hawk Eye chose not to be C America… that was such a good comic though…

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
Rusty Knight at 9:44PM, July 31, 2007
(offline)
I don't know about you guys, but I'm happy with the Punisher being the new captain america. I mean come on, you look at the one cover of the Punisher. He's fighting Captain Nazi! I never saw Steve Rogers do that. And did you ever notice that the Punisher has no arch villains? IT'S BECAUSE HE KILLS THEM ALL INSTEAD OF LETTING THEM COME BACK!

But then again. Let's not forget that Tony Stark died twice already. And So has Thor. And he's back now too.
I'm Jon. You can call me Dr. Jon… but I prefer Jon since I'm not really a Doctor.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved