Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Webcomic page help
roma at 4:28PM, March 15, 2011
(offline)
Okay, so I dont know what it is call it artist block but I am having trouble with this page.

This is page 13 of my comic (page 12 is already posted on my website www.circustreepress.com/crystaldream). Keep in mind that this page I drew it back in ‘08/early ’09. I want to change it now. In the past I had decided on having the bad guy show a glimpse of his face or body but now I've chosen to hold off showing what the he looks like until the climax. Think of the movie Jaws, viewers knew that it was a shark but didn't see it until the end. Which made it seem like it more than just a shark I want to do a similar thing but the current page layout doesn't bring out that feeling. Help?

What going on in the page. She is rescued by a “cloud” bird she conjured. Looks back and doesn't see any thing. But she decided not to stick around and find out where he went. The second panel is replicated showing the monster appearing.

Any suggestions most appreciated
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
Tim Wellman at 12:07PM, March 16, 2011
(online)
You might try re-arranging the panels. In the last one, the guy's face, maybe just try his eyes?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
roma at 10:47PM, March 21, 2011
(offline)
Thank you for the suggestion and help. I'll use you panel arrangements and figure something out. Thank you!

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved