Comic Talk and General Discussion *

weirdest thing you ever had to do for school
HippieVan at 7:34PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
One time I had to watch some messed up movie about atoms which were all getting ready for a party. The main character(can atoms be characters?) which was fluorine or something, was trying to get a date for the party that she could borrow an electron from, so she took out an ad in the paper. At the party all the atoms were dancing and stuff, and many other things happened which I have fortunately blocked out of my memory, but it was pretty strange. And we had to learn from this movie and answer questions.

Oh and the noble gases wore crowns and lived in a castle.

What’s the weirdest thing you guys ever had to do in school?
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
CoyoteLongshot at 7:35PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Probably dissect a starfish, that was pretty weird.

Or drink a ham smoothie. I still get terrible flashbacks about that one…
I'm on the Hairway to Steven, baby!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:47AM
HippieVan at 7:49PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
Ew. That doesn't sound very educational.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
Aussie_kid at 1:06AM, April 12, 2008
(online)
I had to write, no joke, a fan fiction based on any comic book character I chose. I miss english, since it was my best subject
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
AQua_ng at 1:17AM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
Saying “Kids will have fun playing with my snake,” in front of 150 teenagers, a handful of teachers and a few businessmen.

:/

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
spiritmonkey at 1:25AM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
…why?

I got sent out of a science class for smiling one time
Timmy And the Bleach

There are many things in this world that are uncertain
I'd say I'm one of them
But I'm not sure
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
mundy at 1:27AM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
Probably listen to my biology teacher tell us how early he was up that night birthing sheep as he was a farmer as well, and also see his knee cartilidge in a jar. I also had a history teacher who was in the T.A as well and used to run around with a big stick slamming on the desk when he wanted us to answer a question.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
spiritmonkey at 1:29AM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
My R.E teacher has a stick that he slams on the desk next to me when the class is noisy. He calls it Moses :)
It hurts my ears :(
Timmy And the Bleach

There are many things in this world that are uncertain
I'd say I'm one of them
But I'm not sure
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
Custard Trout at 1:58AM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
Johnny Condom.

I will never, ever forget Johnny Condom.

Edit: Oh god I found it. It's only part of it, but you're better not seeing the whole thing anyway.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:00PM
Allan at 2:14AM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
I had to pretend to drive a car, only it was my desk and it was like a strap-on wheel.

Also, this:

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Eirikr at 7:29AM, April 12, 2008
(online)
I once dissected a frog that was FULL of eggs, ughh. You had to push them all out of the way just to even see the organs. I suppose my disgust was only increased by the fact that I like frogs.

The other would probably be when my chemistry teacher so often made explosions for demos. That's not really weird though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
mechanical_lullaby at 6:57PM, April 12, 2008
(online)
Well I would say dissecting an animal but I didn't actually have to. It was a choice. Sheep brain, shark, frog, starfish, worm. Couple others.

I had a pretty uneventful school-life… except for the whole drama department thing. I got to tramp around onstage with a pair of giant ears and scream at people. Extra points to people who guess it.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
usedbooks at 7:15PM, April 12, 2008
(online)
Wow… I can't choose.

~Dissecting a freshly killed frog to look for parasites (undergrad Parasitology class) – only the professor didn't kill it all the way, and we had to stop and tell him…

~Had to dress up as a famous scientist (high school chemistry class) and present the significance like an oral autobiography. My classmates had already called dibs on all the science women, so I was John Dalton. I had to borrow my dad's blazer.

~Then there was a high school history class where we did all kinds of weird things, wrote and starred in our own Greek plays (including costumes made from paper), build miniature mud huts by the football field, and other stuff I can't remember.

~I also remember the day in my dad's physics class when he didn't want to do a lesson, so he brought in one of his favorite movies (Galaxy Quest) for us to watch. He prefaced the viewing (and therefore tried to make it a legitimate science lesson) by saying, “Watch for any scientific errors and we'll talk about them after the movie.” – The best thing is that I was the one who told him to do it, so he could catch up on his paperwork. ;)

~My mom showed a lot of interesting movies. Her favorites were “The Wonderful World of Dung” and “Sexual Encounters of a Floral Kind” – She also showed “The Lorax” and “The Abyss” at least once a semester in her 10th grade science classes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Frostflowers at 1:45AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
Hoo, boy. Weird stuff, eh? I attended an art-program, so we were pretty much weird all around. Things that spring to mind, though:

- The one time in Cultural History class when we were doing a project on Norse mythology, I and a classmate of mine had to build a boat out of nail-clippings. Fortunately, we ran out of nail-clippings and made do with paper instead, but still. Nail-clippings. (See, in Norse myth there's this boat being built in the underworld, and it's called Naglfare, and it's built from the toenails of dead men, or something.)

- Give one of the boys in my class tips on how to stuff socks in his bra (!) and help him with his long, blond wig so that he could better pass as a woman, despite being nearly seven feet tall and having forgotten to shave that morning. He wore his little sister's pink tube top and bright pink skirt, and then he and two other boys (one of them in a pink floral dress and a brunette wig, the other - one of my best friends - in a blue floral skirt and grey blouse and straw hat) headed downtown to shoot a short film for class.

Yes, this was all for class and not for fun. >.> The first one - the one in pink with the blond wig - also did this on stage, in front of the whole school a couple of times.

- No dissecting of frogs for me, but for science class I've done something pretty strange. One afternoon, we were out behind the school floating oranges down the little river we had there (something about hydrodynamics and whatnot) and the riverbed was about two feet of mud. I got to stay on the riverbank most of the time, but I had to spend an adventurous twenty minutes trying to pull a classmate out of said mud, where he had gotten seriously stuck.

- I've also had many long and serious discussions about weird post-modern art - the conversations we had over that guy who slices up dead people and encases them in glass were pretty interesting, as was the one about that woman who cuts the heads off mice and stick them on her fingers and photograph it.
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
AQua_ng at 2:48AM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
Oh man, you guys got to dissect frogs. All I was allowed to do is dissect lamb hearts.

I felt hungry doing it. :/

K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
Ozoneocean at 6:46AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
I had to dissect a frog at one stage. I don't remember much about it… May have gotten my partner to do it instead. That thing was disgusting.

I had to dissect sheep eyeballs for physics class, it was something about light… Pretty interesting, but eyeballs stink. Plus, they're very slimy.

Weird though… hmm… Some of the classes we had to take were strange. These things were compulsory:
-Typing class (old typewriters)
-Computer programming (NO interest in that what so ever)
-Home economics (we had to make stuff with sewing machines, learn to cook a whole lot of different dishes…)
-Dance class (that was part of phys-ed, included ballroom type dancing and 70's disco stuff… Saturday night fever!)
-Tech drawing (doing 3d drawings with set-squares and T-squares and things of mechanical parts)
-woodwork and metalwork class as well.

Mebe that's not strange to you guys… but all those were things we had no choice about, girls and boys. Seemed strange to me at the time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 7:44AM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
No frogs here, we get roadkill cats.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:07AM
Black_Kitty at 8:18AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
I dissected frogs as well but I found it interesting. I guess it helped that the colours of the organs were kinda bright and not what I expected. So it felt unreal to me.

Weirdest thing that came to my mind was watching a video about conception and pregnancy. Then towards the end of the video, the woman gives birth and you can actually SEE the baby pushing out of her vagina…

This was for law class.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
Orange at 11:14AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
I dissected a frog in fourth grade….
o.e
and then an owl pellet in fifth…
wooo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
Aurora Moon at 11:30AM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
I was once dragged into doing a educational demonstration for first graders with my creepy butch dorm counselor.

the demonstration was all about “stranger Danger”. You know, never getting into a car with a stranger, etc.
So the dorm counselor had to place those chairs down and then pretend to be driving a car.. and I had to play the part of an helpless, idiotic little kid who fell for everything she said, etc. I would also act out alterative scenes on what was the right method to stay out of danger.
Anyway.. at one point I would “get into the car”, etc. Then she overdid the demonstration by grabbing at me while she was “driving” at the same time. She ended up grabbing a part of my right breast rather hard, which made me squeal loudly. She said that was an accident, but I still have my doubts on that. She was always creepy to me, and it was no big serect that she hated me too.

The first grade kids all thought this was hilarious. -_-

Anyway, that was the only werid thing I had to do in school… other than cleaning the dark and creepy underground tunnels under the boarding school which connects all the buildings together. The tunnels were like a freakin' labyrirth… so massive, and so many different underground rooms there too. There was also tons of rumors about students and teachers commiting sudice down there too, so there was always this bizzare feeling like it was haunted or something.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
simonitro at 11:51AM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
- My high school had every year the 12th graders who're about to graduate should become slaves to the youngsters with some fee, and I ended it up looking like a human graffiti.

- We had a foot contest where we had to eat Spaghetti in the quickest time. There was a kid in the middle eating like a pig, so, a friend stood and yelled: THREE… TWO… ONE…" everyone on us grabbed his Spaghetti plates and splattered it on his face.

- We dissected a cow's heart… we started to play baseball with it when the teacher left us for 10 minutes.

- Human bowling… (Don't ask!)

- We throw a rooster in the main hall.

HEY, WE'RE LEBANESE!!!

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 12:18PM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
Black_Kitty
Weirdest thing that came to my mind was watching a video about conception and pregnancy. Then towards the end of the video, the woman gives birth and you can actually SEE the baby pushing out of her vagina…

I'm pretty sure 7th graders now a days are watching the exact same video. School budget and what-not.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:07AM
crocty at 1:09PM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
Black_Kitty
Oh lord….
I've seen a video like that.
I nearly fainted…(X_X)
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:51AM
Black_Kitty at 1:30PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
The worst part about that video isn't the video itself…it's the fact that it was played in law class. When it was over, the teacher turned on the lights and started talking to us about abortion laws (or in Canada's case, a lack of them).

Okay I totally lied. I so did not need to see a baby bursting from a woman's vagina in high school. I know it's natural and all but it wasn't something I particularly needed to see at that age. I think I would have been better prepared for that if I was in family studies instead of law class.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
crocty at 1:46PM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
Yeah…That does sound weird.
I saw it in science, when we were doing sex education, so I guess it was logical…

Also, we've haven't done dissections yet in my school.
Well, we've watched teachers do them.
By watch, I mean look for a second, then turn around like a little pansy.

;_;

Nothing much else happens in my school.
Just boring work pretty much 24/7. Nothing interesting.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:51AM
Dan at 2:59PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
-Had to watch a video where the guys literally yanked a donkey (Or something like that… it was supposed to be a clone) out of a cow near the end. I will NEVER be able to forget that image.

-The only thing I dissected is a pig fetus. Some guy even managed to behead it with a scapel.
“I like shooting, but I sure as hell don't like being shot at.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
usedbooks at 3:46PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
Weird though… hmm… Some of the classes we had to take were strange.

The weirdest class I ever took was called “Genes and Development.” Sounds generic enough, but it was insanely specific. We learned intensely and in depth, the development of a single species. Drosophila melanogaster (the fruit fly). Not it's entire life, mind you, only its few days as an embryo. – I referred to the class as “Early Fly”

I also took a class that focused primarily on a single signaling molecule used in by plants and specifically its response to gravity.

Biology is fun. Lol.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
SarahN at 3:47PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
Does a social studies project on the Black Death count as weird? Well even though it was my choice of subject I certainly FELT weird, everyone else was doing Ben Franklin and other basic history stuff, and here was my piece of cardboard with pics of dying people on it. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
kyupol at 5:04PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
In Citizens Army Training. (Was considered part of “school”.)

You would share one bottle of water (1 liter). Then take a sip, hold the water in your mouth, and pass it to the next guy. Repeat until the whole platoon would get a sip.

Then the first guy who took a sip would spit it into the bottle. Then pass the bottle around until every other succeeding man would spit out the water… until you got a bottle mixed with water and the spit of everyone in the platoon.

Then… drink it. Yes. Swallow that. And make sure that every man gets to drink that mixture.

Who gives a shit if diseases can spread. Bacteria is just very small and real men are tough enough to take that shit. NO BACTERIA IS GONNA INTIMIDATE ME!!! I AM THE BIGGER ONE IN THIS FIGHT!!! lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
AQua_ng at 2:10AM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
kyupol
Indirect kissing with other men.

>:3

K.A.L.A.-dan forums!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon