Comic Talk and General Discussion *

weirdest thing you ever had to do for school
Koshou at 5:00PM, Nov. 5, 2008
(offline)
looking at two of my male classmates dress as girls during spirit week…

the image will never leave. ever. ><
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
HoboNeko at 12:06PM, Nov. 25, 2008
(offline)
1: Save a frog from the science department.

2: Read out an essay on “Why you shouldn't drink/take drugs or you'll end up like me” to 25 eleven year olds.

3: Go buy my teacher some Tobasco and cigarettes from “Tesco”.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
crocty at 12:18PM, Nov. 25, 2008
(offline)
Wear a dress made out of a bin liner and catwalk in it.

Also, I was wearing a combover wig.

Good times…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Bocaj at 2:55PM, Nov. 25, 2008
(online)
crocty

Good times…
Pics or it didn't happen.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
BffSatan at 2:22AM, Nov. 26, 2008
(online)
Hippie Van
One time I had to watch some messed up movie about atoms which were all getting ready for a party. The main character(can atoms be characters?) which was fluorine or something, was trying to get a date for the party that she could borrow an electron from, so she took out an ad in the paper. At the party all the atoms were dancing and stuff, and many other things happened which I have fortunately blocked out of my memory, but it was pretty strange. And we had to learn from this movie and answer questions.

Oh and the noble gases wore crowns and lived in a castle.

What’s the weirdest thing you guys ever had to do in school?
Wow, I saw exactly the same movie, that was wierd. I saw a wierder one where the atoms played out a James Bond film.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
roeycleine at 6:20AM, Nov. 26, 2008
(offline)
Had to go up to two people (guy and girl), show them a card with the words, “I think sex is…” and ask for the first word they thought of. The whole experience was pretty funny 'cos some of the people I went up to tried to flee.
“Absolute genius!” he lied with the happiest smile on his face. How I want to twist his neck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
bravo1102 at 7:23AM, Nov. 26, 2008
(offline)
Type all papers double spaced.

Then there was the guy who brought a real M1 Garand rifle to school as a part of his Halloween costume… and no one noticed. I miss the 1980s.

Singing happy 40th birthday to the Tiger Tank in German Class (auf deutsch)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
crocty at 8:08AM, Nov. 26, 2008
(offline)
Bocaj
crocty

Good times…
Pics or it didn't happen.
The only person who took a picture that I know of, deleted the picture. D:
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
werien at 12:38PM, Nov. 27, 2008
(online)
Koshou

What's wrong with that? I see that, almost every day… It's rather amusing
You can't see me….
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
Bocaj at 2:22PM, Nov. 27, 2008
(online)
werien
Koshou

What's wrong with that? I see that, almost every day… It's rather amusing
Your schools sounds quite interesting!
Ryuthehedgewolf at 4:00PM, Nov. 27, 2008
(offline)
Not really weird, but I had to dissect a frog last year for Biology (freshmen class), and it was incredibly gross.
The three days or so that we had to do it, I almost puked. It took a week for me to get that smell out of my mind.
Grooosss.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
warefish at 1:50AM, Dec. 5, 2008
(online)
Make a business card for my math teacher…

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
mattchee at 12:09PM, Dec. 5, 2008
(online)
Nothing super WEIRD per se comes to mind, BUT i do have a funny anecdote from college…

While you can never take art as a major and be free of the “Art School Confidential” archetypes (speaking from the comic, I can't really remember the movie too well)– Being primarily a design student, the majority of my classes didn't really get quite that demographic.

But… BUT…. I was required to take a beginning sculpture class. Which I arrived at with both equal parts dread (I'm not much for sculpture), and ambition (“I'm gonna BUILD something!”). As it would turn out, this class (probably as being a requisite undergrad class for those even THINKING about taking an art major) was FILLED with… well I think the PC term would be “Artsy Fartsy Whack Jobs” (in fact, the actual teacher described himself using a much harsher term). The teacher himself, while a good guy, was not staff, but a professional fine artist who liked to teach one class at a different school whenever he had the opportunity. I think the whole class to him was an art experiment in and of itself

It was harsh. Very conceptual. Not built for someone more technically minded like me. If the class was based/graded on skill achievements, I probably would have been fine. I don't really think I would have had a problem tackling that. But the grades were pretty much based on concept, and nothing else. Which translates into, how much BS can you say about your piece. I may be an artist, but I'm not a BS artist, so I struggled to get ahead in that class and mostly landed B's and (more often) C's in that class. Some A projects from students included:

A pig made out of raw pork (bought and assembled on the day of the critique after weeks of “work time”).

Various performance art (uh… sculpture?).

A hut made out of sticks with a TV and a playstation in it (also assembled the day of the crit).

A rabbit (a REAL dead rabbit) being gored by a vacuum cleaner (actually… it was kinda cool).

A papermache-esqe torso made of sausage casings (read: intestines…. also actually cool. Smelled horrid, though)

Various projects involving make shift rooms and TV. Your typical “installation.”

Okay… a lot of this stuff had genuine merit. There were probably loads of crazier ones that I can't even remember. But anyway, I had a hard time trying to keep up and compete with this stuff on a conceptual level (I won't even go into the crap I made). I would work really hard (we had weeks to put these things together– there was actually supposed to be some construction learning going on, you know), and get a C, where someone else could throw something together that day and get an A. IT was very frustrating.

At the end. I thought. This class is such a joke. Why am I busting my ass. I could throw stuff in a trash bag and get a better grade.

So that's what I did for my final project. I bought two of the the cheesiest front lawn knick nacks I could find at Ross, stuck a garbage bag over them, stuck them in front of the building where my class was with a sign that said, “FREE, PLEASE TAKE.” That was it. That's all I did.

Well, wouldn't you know, my teacher practically had tears of joy! I don't even think I gave too huge of an explanation (I can't even remember what it was). He went on and one about how “smart” and brilliant my “sculpture” was, and how big of an improvement I had made. I mean… he was gushing. The whole class concurred. I got an A+ on the project (helped even out some of the worse grades).

After class, another student walked up to me. His project was a suitcase with a nail sticking out from the inside. He had also gotten a lot of positive feedback in his crit. He says to me, “I know what you're project is REALLY about.” I said, “Oh yeah?” He says, “Yeah. Mine too. What a joke.”

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:55PM
martinlo_23 at 3:45PM, Dec. 5, 2008
(offline)
Someone getting of the class for raising the hand to talk!
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Croi Dhubh at 2:30PM, Dec. 6, 2008
(offline)
Write about WHY a movie was so good and not if I enjoyed it or not…or agreed with it…odd…

I thought the weirdest thing in school for people to do were carry around an egg, in a basket, with a marked dot on it…they had to do it for “child care education”. The marked dot would wash off if it was hardboiled. If the egg cracked or anything, they owed a five page single spaced, with references, essay on child abuse…even if they weren't the reason the egg broke or cracked…

Well, I was feeling awnry one day and “kidnapped” one of the eggs from a girl I knew. Over two days I'd put Polaroid images in her locker of the egg tied up, flour and a pan, then muffins.

I gave her the egg back and told her teacher I was the one responsible. I ended up having to write a paper for her, but it was well worth it.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 3:56PM, Dec. 6, 2008
(offline)
Writing an essay on Niacin in Gym class.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
Hawk at 9:32PM, Dec. 6, 2008
(online)
While reading “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” (by Maya Angelou) we had the option of earning extra credit if we went 24 hours without speaking. It was really difficult and made for an entirely awkward day, but I was the only one to pull it off. The book was awful, by the way. Sorry, girls.

One time I was given the task of opening up a vacuum-sealed baby shark for biology class so we could dissect it. It turns out it was pickled in some kind of juice and rotten inside. We had to evacuate the northern half of the school.

Black_Kitty
Then towards the end of the video, the woman gives birth and you can actually SEE the baby pushing out of her vagina…

This was for law class.

This cracked me up so much. Same with Ochitsukanai's story about the play.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
imshard at 1:04AM, Dec. 7, 2008
(offline)
I had to walk into the Lincoln tomb (his burial place in Illinois not the memorial in DC) and make a drawing. Very morbid.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 6:29AM, Dec. 7, 2008
(offline)
Koshou

If you were to go to my school ho ho would ever not want to be there during spirit week…

Grown men wear kilts with a falcon(our mascot) mask on. Scarier than you might think.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
angel_of_darkness at 11:17PM, Dec. 20, 2008
(online)
In the fourth grade, I had to dissect a flower…with a plastic knife…on a paper plate…
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
Signz at 10:14AM, Dec. 21, 2008
(offline)
Hippie Van
One time I had to watch some messed up movie about atoms which were all getting ready for a party. The main character(can atoms be characters?) which was fluorine or something, was trying to get a date for the party that she could borrow an electron from, so she took out an ad in the paper. At the party all the atoms were dancing and stuff, and many other things happened which I have fortunately blocked out of my memory, but it was pretty strange. And we had to learn from this movie and answer questions.

Oh and the noble gases wore crowns and lived in a castle.

Whatâs the weirdest thing you guys ever had to do in school?

DUDE I WATCHED THAT TOO!

the weirdest thing was having to make protest signs and stuff for my religion teacher who then went out and protested infront of the school with some anti abortion people. he gave us extra credit to make signs that said “WHY MOM?” n' stuff like that. Then we watched a video of him fighting with a cop and getting arrested infront of a doctors home in like 1990 or something like that. (The doctor had done alot of abortions.) He had really weird hair. You know that music producer phil spector? his hair was like that. then he showed us videos of streakers he took in the 60s n' shit like that.

creepy teacher is creepy
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
legendkiller13 at 5:58PM, Dec. 21, 2008
(online)
had to read the watchman in college as part of a lit class.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Bocaj at 8:14PM, Dec. 21, 2008
(online)
legendkiller13
had to read the watchman in college as part of a lit class.
I wanna read that!!
I'm jealous.

Well, I can't think of anything that strange I had to do for school…
Maybe doing book reports for math this year? But that is really cool. We get to choose any book as long as it relates to math in some way. I did some stuff about the Fibonacci sequence in music theory last quarter.
Product Placement at 8:30PM, Dec. 21, 2008
(online)
My old English teacher assigned us books like Hitchhikers guide, Animal Farm and Lord of the Rings.

I liked her.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Niccea at 8:45PM, Dec. 21, 2008
(offline)
Not really weird, but it was unsettling. I had two different papers due around the same time:

My Kinesiology teacher wanted me to observe about twenty different people walking. They had to be total strangers

My Social Psychology teacher wanted me to observe a group of strangers talking.

All in all I felt pretty exposed while doing this. I used my laptop since I can't write fast enough for observations.

I had a high school teacher that made us cosplay a few times. I dressed up like Gollum and Guenever.

In Calculus during high school, we wanted to watch movies after the tests were over. But we had to justify watching them. So we had to think of movies with numbers in them. Like: 51 First Dates and X-men 2. We even got School of Rock in on a technicality. (Music is just math with sounds)

I think that is about it. Not much weird stuff at my schools…work…is a different story.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
seventy2 at 5:18AM, Dec. 22, 2008
(online)
i had to memorize 18 lines of chaucer's the canteburry tales…….in old english.

whan that aprille of his shoures soute, the drought of marche had perced to the route and bathed every vine in switch liquour, of which vertu engendered is the flour. whan sephareus ache with his sweete breathe, and inspired hot in every holt and something or other…..

i know most of that isnt spelt right, i spelt it phonetically, and some of it's correct.

ianno, i find it kinda wierd that after 12 years of teaching english, the second largest grade of the year is memorizing a practically foriegn language.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Ozoneocean at 8:00AM, Dec. 22, 2008
(online)
Niccea
I had a high school teacher that made us cosplay a few times. I dressed up like Gollum and Guenever.
…I remember when we just called that “fancy-dress” :(
seventy2
practically foriegn language.
It seems like that, but probably about 75% to 80% of your normal every day speech is Old English anyway. ;)
So studies have shown…

The weirdest thing… I can't think. i remember when we had to watch a video of a woman giving birth though. We all thought it was revolting. One of my friends feinted; his big fat pimple-covered head turned bright red and he just fell of the desk and crashed onto the floor. It was hilarious! :)

We teased him unmercifully afterwards. He claimed he was sick, but we laughed at him for feinting at the sight of the baby coming out of the…
But to tell the truth, I thought at the time it was too nasty to watch anyway so I demurely averted my gaze. :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Niccea at 9:41AM, Dec. 22, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
Niccea
…I remember when we just called that “fancy-dress” :(

I had to act like the characters too. I had to talk like Gollum and act like queen (not at the same time.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon