Random Discussion

were all going to be Prinny's says the Westboro Baptist Church
herio at 7:07AM, July 4, 2009
(online)
dood hah hah ha

Westboro God Hates The World Music Video - Watch more Funny Videos

sorry its a bit obscurer with the joke dood

In Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, humans who have led a worthless life, such a thieves or murderers, or have committed a mortal sin such as suicide, have their souls sewn into the body of a prinny upon their death. For an unknown reason, regular prinnies will explode when they hit something with great force, such as when thrown. However, Prinny suits filled with demon souls, as seen in Makai Kingdom or in the case of recurring boss Baal, will not. After being reborn, the newly created prinny will serve as a soldier, slave, or servant in the Netherworld or Celestia. The prinny remains until it has earned reincarnation by redemption through good deeds or earning enough money, and leaves its servitude in a ritual involving the Red Moon. In Celestia, prinnies mostly act as maids and domestic servants. The good deeds they perform there lead to their reincarnation. In the Netherworld, depending on the lord they serve, they spend their difficult after-lives doing excessively hard labor for very little pay, and are often thrown around just for the amusement of their lords. The pittance of money they earn in the Netherworld goes towards their reincarnation.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
ozoneocean at 7:54AM, July 4, 2009
(online)
Classic lyric:
“Fag beasts and bloody fags”

They're either a version of extreme Calvinists, or just trolls. It's the church of /b/

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
seventy2 at 10:11AM, July 4, 2009
(online)
well ozone, if they're trolls, they worked on me.

i mean, wasnt one of jesus regular followers a prostitute? have these people ever read a bible? i mean, even the new teen standard extreme something something would work.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
BffSatan at 10:17AM, July 4, 2009
(online)
Crap, the worst part was the little girl at the end, the brainwashing really starts young don't it?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
ozoneocean at 12:17PM, July 4, 2009
(online)
I don't see how anyone can tale them too seriously.
What they say isn't nice, but they're just a bunch of screaming nutters. They're more funny than anything else.

They really are.
What are you so offended by? That they say you're going to hell?That they say soldiers are gay, that they call people gay? Come on, this is childish stuff.

People should just respond with “NO, YOU!”

istaerlus at 7:58PM, July 4, 2009
(online)
The combination of those lyrics with that music is really messing with my mind. It's like /b/ is making fun of one of those celebrity charity songs.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
HippieVan at 8:56PM, July 5, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
I don't see how anyone can tale them too seriously.
What they say isn't nice, but they're just a bunch of screaming nutters. They're more funny than anything else.

They really are.
What are you so offended by? That they say you're going to hell?That they say soldiers are gay, that they call people gay? Come on, this is childish stuff.

People should just respond with “NO, YOU!”

Yeah, I agree with you for the most part. Especially the “No, you!” bit…that's probably the most effective argument with that sort of people.

The problem with those guys, at least in my opinion, is what they show at the end of that video: they're brainwashing and abusing children. I really don't give a hoot if a few ignorant people want to go around shouting their silly ideas, but they shouldn't be infecting new lives with the kind of hatred they're spouting.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
ozoneocean at 1:47AM, July 6, 2009
(online)
I don't think it's brainwashing or harmful in any way. Jebus, when I was little I sang stuff about Mother Goose and all the sorts of stupid rude songs we kids made up about poo and bottoms and toilets and things that I have no real recollection of now. lol!

Just because a child sings a nonsense song doesn't mean it's outlook is affected or that they're changed for life. :)

The “child abuse” angle is good if you want another way to criticise these fools, but that doesn't make it true.

BffSatan at 3:03AM, July 6, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Just because a child sings a nonsense song doesn't mean it's outlook is affected or that they're changed for life. :)
No one said it would. The problem isn't that the child is being taught the song, the problem is that the child is being taught her parents stupid values, the song is just showing the tip of the iceberg of the kind of crap that little girl will be told as she grows up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
ozoneocean at 4:07AM, July 6, 2009
(online)
BffSatan
showing the tip of the iceberg of the kind of crap that little girl will be told as she grows up.
Father Christmas, Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny…

lothar at 4:51AM, July 6, 2009
(online)
sory i didn't finish watching , i got distracted by the J-pop stars in the short skirts on TV
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
HippieVan at 6:45AM, July 6, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
BffSatan
showing the tip of the iceberg of the kind of crap that little girl will be told as she grows up.
Father Christmas, Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny…

Well that's not quote the same there, ozone! Ya see, those things are harmless…they're stories told with love so that we can give our children some nice presents and a wonderful sense of magic. We eventually tell our children that these things are not real. Telling a child to be good so they don't get coal in their stocking is not the same as telling them not to be a fag or they will burn in hell.
And what kind of parent will let their child be friends with one of these kids? They will grow up in isolation from everyone but the rest of the church. That will heighten the brainwashing effect, of course.
I didn't mean that the brainwashing is abuse…I read some thing about how Fred Phelps would beat his children.
These are young, innocent lives which have the potential to be great. But they're poisoned with ignorance, hate, and isolation from the moment they're born.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
subcultured at 6:53AM, July 6, 2009
(online)
/facepalm
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
ozoneocean at 7:01AM, July 6, 2009
(online)
Hippie Van
But they're poisoned with ignorance, hate…
Most kids are in various ways. In fact pretty much every child is to a certain extent. The difference here is that the values these kids apparently learn is quite a bit more at odds with those of their broader community during this particular point in time. (50 years ago the ideas of this church, while repugnant, would have been considered mainstream and almost all kids would've been brought up believing it)

-It's not the values that matter particularly, from the point of view of “harm” to the child, it's the amount of divergence. so I'm with you in that respect.

bravo1102 at 11:47AM, July 6, 2009
(online)
50 years ago all churches believed that? Let's see that would be 1959?

Even the “Sinners in the hands of an Angry god” Sermon offered redemption for all who accepted God's grace. With them you're damned no matter what. You might as well enjoy it all while you can. ;)

I always preferred the Russian/Chinese version of the song anyway, “We arm the world, we arm the children, take an Ak-47 and let's start killing…”

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
therealtj at 11:59AM, July 6, 2009
(online)
Pretty catchy tune… I'm gonna have it stuck in my head for weeks!

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:27PM
ozoneocean at 12:13PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
50 years ago all churches believed that? Let's see that would be 1959?
That's not what I said :)
I said the ideas would have been mainstream and children would've been bought up believing it: ie Homosexual people were evil and would go to hell.

It wasn't so long ago that society stigmatised gay people wholesale.
-Which is one of the reasons that holdouts like this church still continue…

But just as the kids of this cult are taught that gay people are bad, so were many kids who are now parents and grandparents today. That doesn't mean they continued to hold such beliefs.

Product Placement at 12:25PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
I don't even find this funny. I have nothing positive to say about this crap so I'm not gonna say anything more since I think I've thoroughly established my opinion on religious extremism long ago.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
kyupol at 6:51PM, July 6, 2009
(offline)
for those interested, here's the main site.

http://www.godhatestheworld.com/

So this video isn't a joke. Its all serious.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
istaerlus at 6:52PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
Even the “Sinners in the hands of an Angry god” Sermon offered redemption for all who accepted God's grace. With them you're damned no matter what. You might as well enjoy it all while you can. ;)

Ya, they really aren't giving me much of a reason to stop sinning. If I'm already damned no matter what then what's my motivation to stop now and not just keep enjoying life?
Product Placement at 7:19PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
I think most of us knew that the Westboro Baptist Church group actually existed. They're probably the most famous trollers around. Showing up at funerals telling people that their loved ones are in hell. Making public statements regarding event's like death of a celebrity or a mayor disaster, stating that the celebrity/victims are burning in hell and that they deserved it. The sad thing is that the media swallows up this filth and grants them, time and again, additional 15 minutes of fame.

Ugh. I promised myself to not talk about them but here I am. I guess it's hard to ignore trolls. Especially those who've turned it into a way of living.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
kyupol at 7:21PM, July 6, 2009
(offline)
I just skimmed through their site. Read a few articles and watched a few videos.

Its funny at first but after awhile it made me sad.

Look Westborough Baptist Church…

You quoted the verse in the bible that says “you will know them by their fruits” (Matthew 7:16)

Yes you have some valid points about how all countries in the world are full of sin and rife with evil.

But what are your fruits?

You're actually feeding the cycle of hatred and negativity.

I respect your freedom of speech but… all the stuff you're saying makes Christians look bad and it drives them off towards other belief systems that continue to propagate the cycle of hate and shallowness and low-density vibration (I'd leave it at that).

Your fruits only help feed the machine.

Satan wants that.

Satan wants the evil to continue in this world so that he and his minions will thrive and flourish.

Demons feed off your negative energy.

NOW UPDATING!!!
Ochitsukanai at 8:23PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
If they're Prinnies, you can just pick one up and throw it into the middle of the group. BANG. Problem solved, dood!

But seriously, those people…don't pay them any mind. The man's a monster who made his kids work like slave labor. They feed on attention like a leech feeds on blood, it seems, and I believe that they Google their own names and give shit to people who are talking about them. Not worth the effort. 9_9

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
ozoneocean at 10:55PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
I used to find them completely objectionable, but these days they just seem funnier and funnier.

One of the best things they do is get people who would normally be anti-homosexual into supporting gay rights against their will. That's hilarious. By claiming dead soldiers will burn in hell because they're all gay forces those two things to be on the same side: Gay + military.

That mean all those types that are offended by any slight against soldiers reflexively have to support the gay position as well. Because they can't half support the Westbro trolls in any way- meaning they must oppose them completely.

The Westbro people are doing a lot for gay rights, by forcing conservative and very rightwing people to oppose their extreme views.

…It seems almost deliberate.

seventy2 at 3:35PM, July 7, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
…It seems almost deliberate.

IT'S THE GAY AGENDA!

by forcing us right wingers to say we dont hate gays, we're misquoted as saying we support them!
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
kyupol at 2:37PM, July 8, 2009
(offline)
NOW UPDATING!!!
istaerlus at 6:22PM, July 8, 2009
(online)
kyupol
video

I read through the A True Church website for a bit, they sound as narrow minded and fundamentalist as the other Christian groups they're trying to renounce. :/
kyupol at 9:30PM, July 8, 2009
(offline)
istaerlus
kyupol
video

I read through the A True Church website for a bit, they sound as narrow minded and fundamentalist as the other Christian groups they're trying to renounce. :/

You're right.

But in that video though, we get to see who is more civilized.

My bad. I should have put a disclaimer that says “I do not necessarily agree with the views of the author of this video”.

Heres the thing.

Even with Westborough Baptist Church, I tend to agree with them on some things. I am not a person who outright dismisses everything you say just because I disagree with you on some or alot of issues.

After listening to a few sermons of Fred Phelps and watching a few of his vids, I can agree with him on:

1) the 1st amendment. While I do not agree with their anti-gay message, I believe they have the right to picket funerals and speak their gospel. Why restrict them if all they do is make themselves look like a pack of loons and make people become pro gay. As if their church is gonna gain any traction.

2) their position that the world is rife with evil (godhatestheworld.com). Why do you think that in the bible, Satan offered Jesus the kingdoms of the world when he tempted Jesus in the desert – if Satan doesn't own all the kingdoms of the world. How can Satan give what he doesn't have?

Even if you're an atheist who doesn't believe in the devil, the point is that every government on this planet is run by a pack of corrupt criminal scumbags who do not have the best interest of their people at hand. Hence, government size should be decreased but that's another topic. :)
NOW UPDATING!!!
Aurora Moon at 7:39AM, July 9, 2009
(offline)
kypuol
1) the 1st amendment. While I do not agree with their anti-gay message, I believe they have the right to picket funerals and speak their gospel. Why restrict them if all they do is make themselves look like a pack of loons and make people become pro gay. As if their church is gonna gain any traction.

And what about the family who has the right to not have unwanted visitors at the funerals?

Which of the group's rights trumps over the other then? :P

personally, I believe that those scum is only ABUSING the first amendment to do whatever they want, inducing spreading pain and misery whenever they go.

Where does it say in the first amendment that they're allowed to mentally and verbally abuse others?

you ask, Why restrict them when all they do is look stupid?

Well, how would you feel if a very beloved family member of yours died?

you'd feel very horribly depressed, right? You're remembering all the good times you had with that family member, and how (s)he was good to you. You're mourning the fact that you won't be able to make anymore good memories with that person…when all of a sudden some freakin' nutcase comes along and makes everything EVEN WORSE for you! That nutcase made things worse for you mentally and emotionally by ranting about how God himself personally hated your family member just because of some silly reason!

Did you know that some family members suffered nervous breakdowns and were this close |–| to committing suicide because of how those scum kept on abusing the families mentally and emotionally by telling them just how EVIL their dead loved ones really were? and how the whole family deserved the loss too because of how since they were supporting an “Fag enabler”, that god hated them too?

They weren't able to understand why somebody out there, much less an entire group, would hate them and their dead loved ones that much, that they would say such cruel things.

So you see, first amendment can only go so far… it doesn't support the freedom of people harming or killing others with words. How would one kill with a word? By verbally assaulting a person, telling them over and over that they should kill themselves, etc….

did you know? in most states it's illegal to yell “fire!” in an crowded theater, especially if there is no fire? Because a long time ago doing that caused massive panic, which lead to many people dying in stampedes. So some punks decided to play a joke by uttering a single word loudly…. and people died as an result.

Having the freedom of speech doesn't mean that people won't be held responsible for any deaths that they caused by endorsing murder, violence, or even saying something in jest when they knew it would cause massive panic. They still can get jailed for such things.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Orin J Master at 9:11AM, July 9, 2009
(online)
kyupol
While I do not agree with their anti-gay message, I believe they have the right to picket funerals and speak their gospel.

it's not simply a matter of freedom of speech/religion here. they're religious extremists that are engaging in virulent acts of slander, and are breaking their fair share of laws to do so, while hiding behind the skirts of being ‘christian’ to avoid being tossed in the clink.

they're picketing the funerals for the sake of telling people that the person deceased is evil, and their friends and family are evil for not having shunned them. if that strikes you as gospel, however it's framed, i suggest you give your own beliefs a more critical eye.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved