Random Discussion

were all going to be Prinny's says the Westboro Baptist Church
JabberwockyJones at 10:42AM, July 9, 2009
(online)
The thing i can't understand is why the hell the one guy in the back keeps waving an upside down Canada Flag o_O I thought they got kicked out of Canada…

But w/e this song is absolutely hilarious… xD
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
kyupol at 12:46PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
@Orin J Master , Aurora Moon
- Yes I see your point about the emotional distress that they cause in picketing funerals.

But I'd rather have Mr. Phelps picket funerals of my loved ones than have Big Brother restrict freedom of speech.

And I'm not joking either.

I'm not normally a fag but when I look in the mirror, I sometimes become a fag. :)

So Mr. Phelps. PICKET MY FUNERAL AND I'LL JUST LAUGH AT YOU FROM THE OTHER SIDE!!!

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
HippieVan at 1:53PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
kyupol
@Orin J Master , Aurora Moon
- Yes I see your point about the emotional distress that they cause in picketing funerals.

But I'd rather have Mr. Phelps picket funerals of my loved ones than have Big Brother restrict freedom of speech.

And I'm not joking either.

I'm not normally a fag but when I look in the mirror, I sometimes become a fag. :)

So Mr. Phelps. PICKET MY FUNERAL AND I'LL JUST LAUGH AT YOU FROM THE OTHER SIDE!!!

I know you have this terrible fear of the government, kyupol, but I think you're taking this a wee bit too far.
Do you really think it should go so far that someone should be able to come up to you, make sexist and racist comments, threaten to kill you, threaten to rape you, and get off scot-free?
In a perfect world, of course we would have complete free speech. No one would say things to purposely distress others. But when people choose to abuse their rights, especially abusing them in order to harm others, what can you do, short-term, but restrict certain rights?
Of course there must be better long-term solutions which we should try hard to find so that one day we CAN have that perfect world where we don't require any laws. But it's simply not an option at this time to let people do and say whatever they like. Not if we want to live in a somewhat safe environment.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
kyupol at 3:42PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
I agree that death threats (and threats of physical violence) cross the line.

But telling you that your loved one is burning in hell because he/she is a “fag” or a “fag enabler”… its just FREE SPEECH PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

And did you ever listen to at least a few sermons and videos of Westborough Baptist Church?

I never heard them make death threats to anyone.

All they are about is basically rebuking you for not conforming to their interpretation of the bible and for being a “fag”.

If Mr. Phelps hates someone, all he would say is something like…

“Wacko Jacko. He is the son of the devil and all this spectacle is nothing but sinful idol worship by these idolatrous blasphemous heretical idiots who always think of ways on how to commit a bigger sin than the previous day!
He is now burning in hell!!! That sick sick disgusting fag pedophile is now in hell! The pits of hell split wide open as Michael Jackson entered into the eternal fires of hell!!!”

And the rambling would go on and on and on…

There's no death threat in there. He is just stating that he thinks that Michael Jackson is in hell. Thats his opinion.

Free speech, my friend. Free speech.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Cthulhu at 11:04PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
I don't understand why anyone cares about this “church”. If I saw a group of homeless people talking about how aliens are going to invade and anally probe the world, I wouldn't bother with them. Sure, it's a different scenario, but the principle is still the same. Stupid people talking about stupid things. I wouldn't even mind if they picketed at a family member's funeral. I know they're not “fags” so what do I care for about in some hicks' opinions? And even if they were gay, they're just stating the obvious in an insulting term. And I never cared about words, since being insulted by them is only something you are raised up to do.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
bravo1102 at 12:29AM, July 10, 2009
(online)
I find them entertaining in the manner that only the most narrowminded and ignorant can be.

It's the old “Don't confuse me with the facts! This is what I believe!”

My favorite was a video that used a Westborough Baptist church member as the perfect example of someone who was brainwashed.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
HippieVan at 2:18PM, July 10, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
“Don't confuse me with the facts! This is what I believe!”

That made my day, bravo. :)
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
istaerlus at 11:59AM, July 12, 2009
(online)
kyupol

O.O No funeral picketing for me thanks. This is why I'm glad I live in Canada and not the USA…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Splash Damage at 10:27AM, July 15, 2009
(online)
everyone was commenting on the video instead of the prinny reference. Disgaea is my favorite SRPG. :(
drunkduck.com/splash_damage
Updating Again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved