What animals have you eaten?
Koshou at 8:14PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(offline)
-beef
-chicken
-pork
-shrimp (rarely)
-squid/octopus (rarely)
-venison (only once, but it was delicious.)
-fish sticks (when I was a kid.)

I'm uh… kind of a picky eater.

It's really hard to eat fish because every time I try I always end up imagining it when it was alive and staring at me with its COLD SOULLESS UNBLINKING EYEBALLS.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
ParkerFarker at 10:08PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
hm, I'm surprised at how much actually tastes like chicken.

now,

Chicken,
Cow,
Sheep,
Duck,
Shrimp,
Fish,
Lobster,
Octopus,
Witchetty Grub (once),
Turkey,
Rabbit,
Snail,
Squid,

and PIT_FACE, it was Bizarre Foods, but Steve-O and Chris from Wildboyz could show us up too.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Polkster at 10:22PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
No one is at all impressed by my crazy exploit :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Ozoneocean at 12:15AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
I've never eaten anything like chicken, apart from chicken. Not even other birds like duck, quail, turkey etc taste like chicken to me. Each have their own particular flavours…
Polkster
No one is at all impressed by my crazy exploit :(
Is eating penis a matter of taste, sexuality, or both?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
ParkerFarker at 4:54AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
ParkerFarker

I personally felt Duck tasted a bit like chicken.

I said “Tastes like chicken” in a cool-guy-from-hollywood voice.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Polkster at 11:00AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
Eating penis was a manner of culinary curiousity AND NOTHING MORE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Red Slayer at 4:15PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
I eat dragons for breakfast.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
bravo1102 at 4:16PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(offline)
Freeze-dried MRE meat
Food service Mystery meat (species cannot be determined under normal conditions)
Horse
Deer
Buffalo (I love bison/buffalo)
Goose (yuck)
Duck
Guineafowl
pheasant
squirrel
rabbit
cow (anyone ever have the USDA Grade B or C beef? It does exist and I've had it)
pig
chicken
shark (rubber!)
mahi-mahi
shrimp (I am not a shrimp, I am a KING PRAWN!)
scallops
lobster
salmon and other varieties of fish that I can't remember
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Sysli at 5:30AM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
Let's see, what can I remember…

In attempted alphabetical order

- Boar (I seem to recall I liked it)
- Calamari
- Chicken
- Cod
- Cow
- Crab (don't know what kind, I've most likely eaten at least two different types)
- Duck
- Eel (love the taste of it, but we rarely get it, too expensive)
- Escargot (Snail in garlic butter. Disliked it, but I was just a kid)
- Herring
- Horse (Tastes great on white bread with a bit of butter)
- Kangaroo
- Lamb
- Langustine / Lobster (may be the same, I don't know)
- Oyster (with and without lemon juice, tasted like rubbery saltwater both times)
- Pigeon (I think)
- Pork
- Rabbit
- Salmon
- Shark (no idea what kind)
- Shrimp (At least two or three different kinds. At least)
- Spiders (at least according to science… Does it count if you're asleep?)
- Turkey (was not impressed, prefer duck)
- Whale (Or so I've been told)
Because I may as well show a bit of pride. ^___^

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
Ozoneocean at 5:52AM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
shark (rubber!)
This is another one I don't get. There are a WHoooooooooole lotta different sharks out there, way, way way different from each other than different types of cow for example. Sharks are as different from each other as sheep from cow or goat in terms of meat. So what kind of shark was it?

Gummy shark for example is delicious! But overfished now… :(
Bronze whaler is ok… not that marvellous. …and all the various other kinds that are local here. I dunno, reef sharks, bull sharks etc.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Lonnehart at 12:00PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
bravo1102
shark (rubber!)
This is another one I don't get. There are a WHoooooooooole lotta different sharks out there, way, way way different from each other than different types of cow for example. Sharks are as different from each other as sheep from cow or goat in terms of meat. So what kind of shark was it?

Bronze whaler is ok… not that marvellous. …and all the various other kinds that are local here. I dunno, reef sharks, bull sharks etc.

I bet you'd love to chomp on some Greenland Shark. hehehe… ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Little Swan at 12:20PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
Pretty much only standard stuff here (plus one or two).
Chicken
Cow
Pig
Lamb
Turkey
Escargot (snail)
Scallop
Fish (Cod & Haddock. Also tried Kipper and sushi but found them both horrible.)
and (I think) duck.

I care about animals and animals' rights, but I figure, if the animal's going to be slaughtered for meat then they might as well be eaten by someone that appreciates them. Plus, we were made to be omnivores, so I'm an omnivore. (Well… more of a carnivore… I don't like greens.)
Sysli
- Spiders (at least according to science… Does it count if you're asleep?)
Haha, very clever. I've heard that too–it's not a nice thought, is it? lol!
S.O.P.H.I.E
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:35PM
Product Placement at 12:51PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
There are a WHoooooooooole lotta different sharks out there, way, way way different from each other than different types of cow for example.
Because of that, I decided to update my list, one more time.
Lonnehart
I bet you'd love to chomp on some Greenland Shark. hehehe… ;)
Doubt that (see previously posted video).
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
bravo1102 at 4:46AM, Aug. 21, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
bravo1102
shark (rubber!)

In Central New Jersey you don't have a choice. We don't have reefs and clear blue ocean here to grow all varieties of shark so one is as good as another. It's in the fish section, get it and cook it. All I remember was that it was awful.

I had shark again in Hawai'i (again I didn't note the species but there was more variety in the Pacific) and it was much better.

I much prefer crab cakes and Mahi-mahi so you can keep the whole genus as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Everyone so far has just said “beef” why not insist they be specific about variety and cut? Brazilian cuts are better than American ones for example. English beef sucks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
kyupol at 3:16PM, Aug. 21, 2009
(online)
As of today I'm an 80% vegetarian. Only 80% because when I tried going all the way, I experienced an unusual weakness on the 3rd day of no meat intake.

And so, I only consume small amounts of meat and then I'm all fine and healthy. Its probably genetic or something that I do need a small amount of meat to keep healthy.

But anyway before my “conversion”, I did eat the following animals.

- cow
- chicken
- duck
- turkey
- sheep
- pig
- fish
- dog
- cat

Yeah I'm not kidding on the dog and cat part. In the Philippines, that's supposedly illegal to serve in a restaurant but if you and your friends go out and hunt a stray dog and have it for dinner its all fine. Also, the cops seldom enforce the law on serving dog and cat as part of the menu.

Dog kinda tastes like pork.

And cat is really hard to tell if its ground up and put in your siopao.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
HippieVan at 3:27PM, Aug. 21, 2009
(online)
I've only eaten the normal animals…chicken, fish, cows, etc. And calamari once, I think I mistook it for onion rings or something. I wasn't very happy about that.

I realized the other day that I've never had a hamburger, which is kind of weird.

kyupol
As of today I'm an 80% vegetarian. Only 80% because when I tried going all the way, I experienced an unusual weakness on the 3rd day of no meat intake.

And so, I only consume small amounts of meat and then I'm all fine and healthy. Its probably genetic or something that I do need a small amount of meat to keep healthy.

It's more likely that you weren't watching what you ate closely enough, and weren't getting enough iron or something like that. I've found that's something I have to be pretty careful about.
Congrats on at least trying, though. It's a good thing to do.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Product Placement at 5:01PM, Aug. 21, 2009
(online)
Hippie Van
It's more likely that you weren't watching what you ate closely enough, and weren't getting enough iron or something like that. I've found that's something I have to be pretty careful about.
But Kyupol is a man, right? Men don't have to worry about iron deficiency but rather have to worry about too much iron buildup. The only way to loose iron is too bleed and since men don't have menstrual cycles they can only suffer iron deficiency if they're donating blood allot.

I'm guessing lack of protein? Is your diet lacking protein rich food? Stuff like beans and tofu?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
HippieVan at 9:23AM, Aug. 22, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Hippie Van
But Kyupol is a man, right? Men don't have to worry about iron deficiency but rather have to worry about too much iron buildup. The only way to loose iron is too bleed and since men don't have menstrual cycles they can only suffer iron deficiency if they're donating blood allot.

I'm guessing lack of protein? Is your diet lacking protein rich food? Stuff like beans and tofu?

Oooh yeah…well, I think it's pretty clear no one should take my diet advice, haha!
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Lonnehart at 1:48PM, Aug. 22, 2009
(online)
kyupol
And cat is really hard to tell if its ground up and put in your siopao.

I stay away from that stuff. I remember reading that some of the stuff from China ad the Philippines is stuffed with toxic ground up cardboard. x_x
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Saint at 3:37PM, Aug. 22, 2009
(online)
Dog.

It was still alive.

And I think it still is.

Want to know how to draw the title character? Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvdGYD-fxNk!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon