Media Megaforum

What anime are you worshipping now?
Mega Josh at 3:43PM, May 22, 2007
(offline)
PhatScurl
I just got finished watching everything for FMA, and have moved onto another anime called Ikkitousen

it is by FAR the most perverted anime i've ever watched

You obviously haven't seen Girls Bravo.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
EvilJared at 11:36PM, May 22, 2007
(online)
isukun
I would have to disagree. Utena was possibly one of the most progressive anime series I've ever seen. I wasn't fond of the movie, but I would go so far as to say the TV series was a landmark in Japanese pop culture. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing more series like it in the US. American animation for girls sees to be devolving back to the Barbie stereotype while I'm seeing more series out of Japan about career women and friendship. Somehow that seems backwards.

hmm….well i saw the first few episodes and i was not impressed, it just seemed lame to me. that prince/princess story thing made no sense…was that girl a dude back then or what? at the time it looked they only did that so they could have some lesbian scenes later on…which they didn't! or maybe i stopped watching before they got to that part. eitherway though, if it is as progressive as you say it is maybe i should have given it a few more episodes before quiting.

PhatScurl
I just got finished watching everything for FMA, and have moved onto another anime called Ikkitousen

it is by FAR the most perverted anime i've ever watched (excluding hentai), but it has some of the most kick ass fight scenes i've ever watched

heh indeed, their clothes would rip off if the wind blew the wrong way (or arguably the right way)
PorQ me
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
Peter Melvin at 6:47PM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
Ghost in the Shell.
That is all, please drive through.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
zirnitra at 8:37PM, May 24, 2007
(offline)
Death Note.
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
jalford at 3:11AM, May 25, 2007
(online)
You don't have to be a drooling-at-the-mouth retard to watch Naruto, BUT IT HELPS!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
PhatScurl at 7:01AM, May 25, 2007
(offline)
Well, i finished up Ikkitousen and broused through a few other animes before i fell on to the popular Trigun, which i never have watched.

Honestly, i really like it. It reminds me of the old Dragonball episodes when they were good, like when they still had humor.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
monotypical at 8:31PM, May 27, 2007
(offline)
One Piece.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
silentkitty at 9:02PM, May 27, 2007
(offline)
I just re-watched Noein: Mou Hitori no Kimi e, it's one of my favorite series. It's really bizarre, but it's something completely different and I'd reccomend it to anyone who's willing to take the time to think about what they're watching. =p It deals with time travel/alternate dimensions and quantum physics and it's quite a lot of fun.

Most of it is traditional animation, but it has some really awesome CG scenes as well. :3 ^

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
Tolneir at 10:48PM, May 27, 2007
(offline)
My favorites are Naruto and Katekyo Hitman Reborn
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:32PM
Mega Josh at 10:57PM, May 27, 2007
(offline)
Hayate the Combat Butler is now my most favorite anime ever. Why?

A tiger rapes the main character.

It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
mlai at 1:07PM, May 28, 2007
(online)
Noein? The premise sounded like it'd be a story of epic scope like 1 of those best-seller sci-fi novel series, with a really brainy backstory involving quantum physics that you'd have to pause the anime and think about.

That's what you'd think it was about.

But what it's really about is the friendship between 4 kids, and the weird ship between the main chara girl and her older “best friend.” That's what the entire anime is about. Kinda like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_Who_Leapt_Through_Time, but with conflict and death.

And the art style… while it is unique, I wish the entire series could be drawn like the way it was in eps. 2. The art in that eps was great.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 7:15AM, May 29, 2007
(offline)
I've been “worshipping” four:P

azumanga daioh, naruto, bleach and my old favourite, trigun…
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
gothelin at 8:28PM, May 30, 2007
(offline)
Fruits Basket. Every now and again I just have to watch the entire thing from start to finish.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
ccs1989 at 3:36PM, May 31, 2007
(online)
I know this isn't really an anime, but I just got 2 more DVDs of Avatar, and I'm enjoying them immensely. Avatar is awesome.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
mlai at 9:08PM, May 31, 2007
(online)
Has this year's season of Avatar TLA started yet? It's been forever since the Earth Kingdom fell to the Fire Nation.

angry_black_guy at 8:31AM, June 1, 2007
(offline)
I'm not a big fan of anime (I pretty much hate anime… atleast Shonen/Shouji/girls/boys/whatever crap) but I recently discovered what has become one of my favorite SHOWS ever.

Here and There, Now and Then

It's a fantastic 13 episode story that delivers a power anti-war message but as you watch it, a clear pro-war message sneaks in that ends on a good note “Life is precious and frail; enjoy it while you're still able.”

All of the characters are incredible; even the ones that don't get much screentime instantly become recognizable and you really have sympathy for them. The show doesn't pull any punches on death, right down to visually killing children on screen as well as a rape scene but there's absolutely no nudity or fan service so the overall tone isn't cheapened by some dirty minded artist. It's tasteful… but at the same time, makes you feel “dirty” for watching it… like you're feeling the burden of the characters on screen.

I bought the boxed set off of amazon for $30 and it shouldn't be too hard to find at Best Buy, Suncoast, or any major DVD retailer. Seriously, you can't call yourself a fan of anime or action/drama shows without watching this. Beatiful story, haunting visuals, top notch animation, expert writing… I haven't seen a single anime that's beaten this one.

Although I'm currently getting into Kino's Journey which is coming close :D

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
Aereis at 9:31AM, June 1, 2007
(online)
Gunslinger Girl. I just wish the sereis was longer (it was 12 or 13) BUT THE BEST ENDING EVER!!

And Karin. Haha I just love Anju :) And second to Gunslinger girl in terms of ending…great climax but rushed last 5 min rap up regment 0_o
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
mlai at 4:56AM, June 2, 2007
(online)
If you liked Kino's Journey, you'll very likely like Mushishi as well. It is another top-quality anime similar in theme and tone.

Anatak at 5:00AM, June 2, 2007
(offline)
I dont know if worshiping is a good word for it but the only anime that has actually been able to hold my interest for the last few years has been Berserk, pretty brutal.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
mlai at 9:26AM, Sept. 6, 2007
(online)
Originally I got some Naruto (126-150) cuz I just wanted to see the Naruto vs Sasuke episodes. But I continued watching after that battle… and… these are the best fillers I've ever seen!

I've seen fillers from DBZ, Inuyasha, and Bleach. Some of the most stagnant godawful dredge I've ever had the misfortune of watching. That's where I developed my impression on fillers. But the Naruto “fillers”… the mission into Orochimaru's old hole… Mizuki's prison break… the bug quest… I love them all! If I never heard about the “Naruto filler hell” I would've never guessed they're fillers! Old characters resurface and change. 2nd-line characters you always wished you saw more of, get their chance to shine. Additional scenes of main characters which bridge the gap between Naruto and N. Shippuuden. Plenty of new jutsu battles…

I don't know what ppl were complaining about.
==================================

If you like Berserk, you may like Claymore. My only problem with Claymore is the godawful boy sidekick who I wished would die a horrible death every time he appears onscreen. By himself he's bad enough, but his JP voice actor makes him even worse with that typical “I'm feeling such intense anguish!” overacting they do for boy roles.

AQua_ng at 11:06AM, Sept. 6, 2007
(online)
Lucky Star. Hit me all you want Mega Josh, I still love it.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:57AM
kaminari at 12:48PM, Sept. 6, 2007
(online)
angry_black_guy
Here and There, Now and Then

Thats series definitely an unknown gem. I fell in love with it when it first came out then dug it out just recently to rewatch it.

mlai
Claymore

Claymore has a slow start and some god awful pan sequences, but I enjoyed it and now that its near the end Ive been on pins and needles waiting for the next eps to see what happens next.

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
Bekefel at 12:56PM, Sept. 6, 2007
(offline)
I haven't ‘worshipped’ any animes in a long time. I swear, there isn't any on TV in Britain ever.

The last things I watched, on a now dead channel, was things like Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing, Dragonball Z, Ultimate Muscle, Tenchi Muyo and Dragonball GT. There was more, I'm sure of it.

I actually miss those shows, and that channel. I have no idea what happened to ‘Toonami’.

Someone in 2004/05-ish?
Toonami still is the leader. Will the block continue to lead the way, or will it have a lot of catching up to do? Stay tuned because the history never ends, and as network execs stated, Toonami isn't going anywhere any time soon.

I guess the net execs were wrong. :/
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:17AM
kitty17 at 10:27PM, Sept. 6, 2007
(offline)
AQua_ng
Lucky Star. Hit me all you want Mega Josh, I still love it.

Ah…lucky star…..I can't stop watching it, It's like Azumanga Daioh(love that anime aswell).
Also the Meloncholy of Haruhi suzumiya…lawlz can't wait for the next season.

I also loved Excel Saga, though I haven't seen them all :cry: can't find it anywhere.
Bleach I don't watch on cartoonnetwork cause I'm too far ahead and I feel odd watching them in english. I like bleach…I just hated the fillers…wow those were annoying…
And Ergo Proxy…

I also recently finished watching Tsukihime. That was cool/confusing…it was interesting, but I wish it was a longer series. Arcueid is awesome.
I heard fate/stay night was better so I'm going on to that one next.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:17PM
simonitro at 1:32PM, Sept. 7, 2007
(online)
Not worshipping!

I'm currently watching Busou Renkin! It's an excellent anime show with alchemy, fighting, school feel, etc… highly addictive and the story kicks ass and amazing! I highly recommand it!

But my favorite animes thus far and completed it are: Fullmetal Alchemist, Black Lagoon, Hellsing, and GTO and Busou Renkin is becoming one of my favorites!

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
mlai at 2:33PM, Sept. 7, 2007
(online)
@ Simonitro:

Are you saying that once you get past the fact that Busou Renkin copies ideas from Full Metal Alchemist and Bleach, it stands well on its own in terms of plot and characters?

For example, I'd say that once you realize the anime Trinity Blood is a complete ripoff of Trigun, the series cannot stand on its own at all save for its great art.

Spartachu at 4:50PM, Sept. 7, 2007
(offline)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star, naturally.

I'm also starting to get into Ranma 1/2…

Hellsings always been good too…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
tea_green at 11:53AM, Sept. 10, 2007
(online)
At the moment, Air TV, Nerima Daikon Brothers, and Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM
Rich at 3:54PM, Sept. 10, 2007
(online)
I tried to gag down Lucky Star, but found it to be too shitty for even my super bad taste. Was cute as can be, but utterly and unbelievably boring to such an extent that I could barely sit through it.

As of right now, I've been spending a lot of time watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Tis another bigass robot series from Gainax. The plot is uber cliche for the first 15 episodes, though in a way that is more a parody of the mecha genre than anything else. After that, they skip ahead 7 years and most of the humor is cut away in favor of what is one of the most unique sci-fi stories I think I've ever seen. It'd be cruel to spoil any of it.

And in almost every episode, the amount of shit getting blown apart increases exponentially. And it just gets more and more and MORE extreme every friggin episode! Hell, they punched an enemy SO hard it broke out of the space time continuum in episode 23!

And Gainax has said 40% of the budget is just for the last 5 episodes alone. One can only imagine the awesome that they will be.

Clip from episode 3.

Clip from Episode 11. Some spoilers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:07PM
isukun at 6:16PM, Sept. 10, 2007
(online)
And Gainax has said 40% of the budget is just for the last 5 episodes alone. One can only imagine the awesome that they will be.

Considering how bad some of the episodes after the first five look, I kind of wish they had budgeted some of that money to the middle of the series. I guess I can't really expect much else out of Gainax. They've really proven since Nadia that quality animation is no longer their goal. Instead, their major appeal can pretty much be summed up with two letters these days, t and a. Too bad other people do it better.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved