Debate and Discussion

What Color Is God (SLEEP DEPRIVATION INDUCED DISCUSSION)
Webreever at 5:23PM, Feb. 28, 2008
(offline)
Now this may seem to be a very controversial topic, but it\'s very interesting if you think about it. I was doing my comic and made \'god\' white. It\'s not because I\'m white; let me put it this way, before the beginning of the universe there was nothing, thus there was no light, and if god was there the entire time before that, he would be very light deprived, thus making him pale. Maybe even glowing he\'s so white. Albino-esque.

Then light is created, so here\'s the real question, is god existing in our universe getting a nice tan? OR, is he existant outside of our universe, and still pale. Maybe this why we see a bright, white, light when we die?

Now, is he male or female? IF he was a she, then did she shave her legs, or keep it all natural? I think she kept them clean and smooth because she didn\'t need the leg hair to give off the warm glow we now see.

Any thoughts to this bizarre conversation would be nice.
http://www.perfect-grey.com

I suck at Code, so CTL+C and CTRL+V this into your browser.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
kyupol at 5:45PM, Feb. 28, 2008
(online)
God is not limited by a physical body. God is not a man or a woman. God is not white or black or brown.

God, being the most advanced being in the universe, is pure energy. That is why God is everywhere.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Atom Apple at 5:59PM, Feb. 28, 2008
(online)
Because nobody has seen God according to the bible we can pretty much safely assume the Adam and Eve story was wrong in him creating them in his image. This also opens up the possibility that God created evolution, but of course some people take the Bible word for word.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:07AM
Webreever at 6:05PM, Feb. 28, 2008
(offline)
kyupol
God is not limited by a physical body. God is not a man or a woman. God is not white or black or brown.

God, being the most advanced being in the universe, is pure energy. That is why God is everywhere.

I had that thought awhile back but most bible thumpers told me it was blasphemy…
http://www.perfect-grey.com

I suck at Code, so CTL+C and CTRL+V this into your browser.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
Doplegager at 12:05AM, Feb. 29, 2008
(offline)
I've always been fond of the idea that when humanity was created in God's image, it wasn't our physical shape that was an imitation, but our capacity for discovery, creation, and destruction; God's image wasn't a visual characteristic, but instead an abstract concept (and, by extension, any other sentient creature, regardless of physical appearance, would qualify as having been made in God's image). But that's just my (very nontraditional) two cents -_^
Scifi Thriller/Drama: Third Side, updated MTWThFS

Existential Fantasy Horror: A Chance in Hell, updated MWF
Blog: The Rambling Path, updated irregularly
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
DAJB at 1:48AM, Feb. 29, 2008
(online)
If we assume He cares for his Creation …

I reckon He must be green.
;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
alibaba at 8:43AM, Feb. 29, 2008
(offline)
the only reasonable explanation is that god's a shemale :) .
yay for sleep deprivation!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Frostflowers at 1:38PM, Feb. 29, 2008
(online)
DAJB
If we assume He cares for his Creation …

I reckon He must be green.
;)
I'm of the opinion that God is of a more turquoise colour. Maybe with a touch of teal.

But of course, I'm atheist, so maybe I should bow out of this conversation. :P
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
CoyoteLongshot at 6:10PM, Feb. 29, 2008
(online)
In South Park he was blue. And we all know South Park is nothing but the truth.
I'm on the Hairway to Steven, baby!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:47AM
DAJB at 4:16AM, March 1, 2008
(online)
Frostflowers
But of course, I'm atheist, so maybe I should bow out of this conversation. :P
Me, too. So, I can live with turquoise if that's what works for you.
;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
ozoneocean at 1:23AM, March 2, 2008
(online)
All skin tones vary from white to dark brown. They're just mixtures of black, red, yellow and red pigments, witch make brown when mixed. And as I say, it's all just variations of brown, so “colour” is a misnomer, it's more like tones, with slightly different tints. lol!

Skin tone is solely based on evolutionary factors, and as far as the history of the world goes, it's fairly recent. So if a god exists, it doesn't give a crap about what tone your skin ends up being, even less so for your petty cultural and ethno-political-geographical allegiances and origins. :)

From the perspective of religions and what people actually believe or what's written: the image of gods (in human form), are based on the appearance of the majority of followers in any particular place: In India Buddha was Indian but in China he became Chinese, All the Norse gods looked like Vikings, Greek gods were Greek and when the Romans adopted them they became Italian etc.

The Jewish god of Christianity Judaism and Islam traditionally has NO human appearance at all that you can describe… That came later. Even in Christianity many groups still consider it blasphemous to give “God” an image. “god” is mostly represented in abstract forms and proxies- the cross, Jesus, the dove…
Judaism is much the same as far as I know, and of course in Islam it's quite strict about it.

But if you want to represent the Christian god as a human, anything goes really. Popculture has “god” as Alanis Morrisette, Morgan Freeman, George Burns, it doesn't matter :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
HalJones at 11:47AM, March 4, 2008
(online)
Since God reaches to touch each of us exactly where we are, and He is not limited by time and space, and isn't quantified in the scientific way, and yet, there is so much personal testimony as to His impact in real lives that it's really foolishness to refute personal experiences with Him, indicating He IS real, he must be whatever color is needed in the moment to affect a life. He IS, and that's what matters most, for He's there for us.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
horseboy at 8:55PM, March 4, 2008
(offline)
Doplegager
I've always been fond of the idea that when humanity was created in God's image, it wasn't our physical shape that was an imitation, but our capacity for discovery, creation, and destruction; God's image wasn't a visual characteristic, but instead an abstract concept (and, by extension, any other sentient creature, regardless of physical appearance, would qualify as having been made in God's image). But that's just my (very nontraditional) two cents -_^
Actually I got an answer very similar to this from a Baptist preacher when I was a kid and ask “If God made man in his image, does that mean he's bald?” Boy, I got lit up for that one when we got home, but it was funny enough I didn't care.
There is no such word as “alot”. “A lot” is two words.
Voltaire
Never seek for happiness, it will merely allude the seeker. Never strive for knowledge, it is beyond man's scope. Never think, for in though lies all the ills of mankind. The wise man, like the rat, the crocodile, the fly, merely fulfills his natural function.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
SpANG at 9:23AM, March 5, 2008
(online)
Maybe he's a color we can't even conceive. Chew on that.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
piraterpg at 8:04AM, March 7, 2008
(offline)
whatever colour you want god to be.

www.drunkduck.com/pirateRPG
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
Doplegager at 11:02AM, March 7, 2008
(offline)
piraterpg
whatever colour you want god to be.

Unless he's being contrary, in which case God would be whatever color you least expect.

@horseboy: hee. Always fun to ask that kind of question at church :-p
Scifi Thriller/Drama: Third Side, updated MTWThFS

Existential Fantasy Horror: A Chance in Hell, updated MWF
Blog: The Rambling Path, updated irregularly
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
mechanical_lullaby at 4:22PM, March 7, 2008
(online)
I was thinking a really bright ethereal white-yellow color, with flames up the sides of his robes and also aviator sunglasses(because he's so dang bright he needs them or he can't see.)

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
ozoneocean at 8:49PM, March 7, 2008
(online)
My parents used to wear aviators back in the 80's, the real ones, not those stupid silver ones. And they're back now… Ah well.

I think the original question referred to some idea of “race”, “colour” is an old and silly North American PC way of talking about “race” that's actually more offensive when you think about it. lol!
As if a person and their entire “ethnic” group can be defined at all but something as banal as the amount of melanin in the upper layers of their epidermis… it's insanely moronic. Things like language, religions, nationality, and geographical locations are much better generally.

But if you're separating “colour” from the idiotic implications, then I'd say your God being would be none at all. As a god it's supernatural, it doesn't exist on the mundane plane and interact with matter normally, so why would it reflect radiation on the narrow visible spectrum? Clearly it would have to be totally and irrecoverably invisible in its true form always. Maybe it could possess a lowly human for and take in its appearance momentarily or create a likeness in order to communicate, but considerations like colour would likely be irrelevant to such a being… So best to represent that buy having it change or go rainbow or something. lol!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
mapaghimagsik at 9:57PM, March 7, 2008
(offline)
Plaid.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
HippieVan at 6:23PM, March 24, 2008
(online)
If God is real and he/she is a colour, I would definitely think God would be all psychedelic-like with lots of different colours all swirling together, always moving.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
Aurora Borealis at 1:07PM, March 28, 2008
(online)
Seeing that god is a gigantic brain that holds a universe in every of his braincells… I'd say he's grey :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved