Media Megaforum

What commercials annoy the crap out of you?
Black_Kitty at 4:24PM, Feb. 13, 2007
(online)
Yeah but now I hate West 49 so much that I would never even step into their store let alone buy their products. :S

KomradeDave: I don't think I remember any of those lunchable commercials. Are you talking about the ones where the kids get really bored/disappointed about their lunch and then the parents get them and wowie! They love lunch now!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
Rubygem at 4:54PM, Feb. 13, 2007
(offline)
Horro movie taillers just piss me off i don't know why but it just does
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
hat at 7:26PM, Feb. 13, 2007
(offline)

And Eastern Motors, which I think is a local commerical so yall wouldn't know it.

One radio commerical that really annoys me is the Provident Bank ad. Don't know if you heard it, it talks about a bologna factory or something.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Priceman at 8:45PM, Feb. 13, 2007
(online)
Basically, any commercial advertising medicine to fix a problem, whilst the side effects blow the original problem out of the water.

(ex.) “Such and such cures dry scalp.

Side effects include:

Sore throat
Runny nose
Anal leakage
Flacid penis
Uncontrollable gas
Involuntary Bleeding
Mutated sperm
Blindness
and Mudbutt

Dude, what the hell??!!

Also, any commercial with that ”You're getting a Dell" weirdo. Or Jared.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
isukun at 9:50PM, Feb. 13, 2007
(online)
I would agree, but I also saw it on a birth control ad, a heartburn ad, and an ani-depressant ad. Besides, everything is on a central database now that the AMA shares, from what I hear. If the doctor has a computer and your social security number, then he has your medical history.

All of those medications would be frequently used by members of the lower middle class. It isn't uncommon for them to change jobs frequently creating the same sort of problem. Not that it matters. It's better to cover your bases anyway, than risk a lawsuit down the line when someone doesn't check with their doctor (likely getting said drug through a sketchy online service) and then dies of an allergic reaction. Unfortunately, our screwy legal system not only allows people to sue for these things, but quite often they can win in court.

As for a database that doctors share, I haven't seen any evidence of it. Every time I've moved or changed health care plans (Before I graduated from my first college I was with Aetna, then I changed to Kaiser with my first job and later switched to BlueCross BlueShield before moving to Savannah), I've had to inform any new doctor I've had as to what my medical history is. This is also true of all eye doctors and dentists I've had, which just leaves me to believe if such a database does exist, most doctors must not have access to it.

Problem with marketers these days is they try to put anything out that will make you remember their commercial. All of this typing out of commercials that you hate just shows how much they've managed to make you remember their specific product by making the delivery obnoxious.

This is an unfortnate truth, like those annoying Quiznos commercials with the talking baby. It only sticks in your head because you hate the damn baby so much. On the plus side, though, it can backfire after a while. There are some companies who crossed the line and actually lost busines because of their advertising being too obnoxious. It still makes me wonder if some of these companies are even bothering with market testing anymore.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Inkmonkey at 10:31AM, Feb. 14, 2007
(online)
hat
One radio commerical that really annoys me is the Provident Bank ad. Don't know if you heard it, it talks about a bologna factory or something.

I've noticed that, 9 times out of 10, a radio commercial will be more annoying than a TV commercial. Usually this is because the radio will often try to recreate a TV commmercial, but since you can't see what's going on, it's just stupid. Plus people seem more likely to do stupid celebrity impersonations on radio.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
KomradeDave at 10:45AM, Feb. 14, 2007
(online)
Black_Kitty
Yeah but now I hate West 49 so much that I would never even step into their store let alone buy their products. :S

KomradeDave: I don't think I remember any of those lunchable commercials. Are you talking about the ones where the kids get really bored/disappointed about their lunch and then the parents get them and wowie! They love lunch now!

Yeah, it's always some little bastard peering into his brown bad with a frown. “Bologna again!” Then everyone crowds around the cool little chud with the lunchables. The next day on the school bus the first kid peers into his bag once again but finds, LUNCHABLES! The ad usually ended with some crap like, “Kids your kids a lunch they'll love,” or something like that. I'm very anti-bitching when it comes to children and I dislike ads that encourage that.
Handshakes and mustaches are the only ways to know how much you can truly trust a man.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
ozoneocean at 11:53AM, Feb. 14, 2007
(online)
Inkmonkey
I've noticed that, 9 times out of 10, a radio commercial will be more annoying than a TV commercial.
SO true! They're terrible! That's why I can't listen to commercial radio anymore. ALL adds on radio suck, but the worst is when some fucking wanker thinks they'll get all smart with the sound effects on peoples voices so the poor moron who does the voice acting says something in a normal voice, says something else that slightly overlaps the first voice in a sort of distorted telephone sounding way, and then says something else that's distorted to sound another way and also overlaps… The effect is verbal VOMIT!

It's even WORSE when they think they'll get smart with stereo effects, it ALWAYS turns out SHIT, especially when they do one of their dumb stereo effect adds and it's broadcast on AM radio (which is mono), it sounds even worse…

I have heard quite a few of the old time radio adds though, and the kind of adds they do on the gigcast and those sound pretty good actually so I'm wrong: NOT all radio adds suck, they can be done well.

-Sub's add and that cowboy one for the cast are both pretty groovy.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:25PM
Aurora Moon at 7:14PM, Feb. 14, 2007
(offline)
I hate the geico commercials with the normal people being paired up with the celebrities.

the celebrities acts SO stupid next to the normal people that it makes me want to punch them senselessly.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
kaminari at 9:18PM, Feb. 14, 2007
(online)
heh….

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
rengori at 7:08PM, Feb. 17, 2007
(offline)
I saw a commercial earlier that used Twisted Sister's “We're Not Gonna Take It,” and that wouldn't bother me normally, but they used in a commercial for PMDD (Like PMS but worse) medication. I just can't listen to that song anymore.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved