Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What do you look for in a GF/BF??
subcultured at 7:36AM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
i can't believe this topic hasn't come up yet

girlfriend:
1) have a good sense of humor
2) She's not self counscious of who she is, because she is comfortable in her own skin.
3) confidence in her abilites, yet humble to an extent
4) She won't try to be someone else
5) able to be articulate and smart
6) friendly towards people
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
Ozoneocean at 8:33AM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
That's great Sub, but we're just dying to know what you like in a good boyfriend! :)

Ok, my GF list:
*Smart- Not just someone that thinks they're smart… SMART!
*Empathy- Thinks about others…
*Sexy- Lots of this.
*Independent- Can look after herself no probs.
*Reasonable sense of humour- Doesn't have to be hilarious, but likes a laugh.
*Sexy- More of this.

blah blah blah likes animals blah blah long walks on the beach yadda yadda cliches etc…

*Female- That's a major factor.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
subcultured at 8:50AM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
heh,
to have an XX chromosome
J
WingNut at 9:15AM, Feb. 21, 2007
(offline)

What the WingNut looks for-

Not afraid to laugh- a sense of humor is very important
Geekery is a major plus
A beautiful smile, it doesn't have to be perfect, just genuine.
Appreciates the little things, like surprise chocolate, and a towel warmed up in the dryer upon just exiting the shower.
Likes to read. I like em smart.
Witty.
And my only superficial one, brown hair. :D

Or, really, for lack of better phasing,

Her.

-W
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
Phantom Penguin at 9:21AM, Feb. 21, 2007
(offline)
-Funny. and a dark sense of humor
-Smart, not just book smart either. Has to have common sense.\
-Has to like to travel…because if we have a future she will be doing lots of it…
-Has to care about other people. Can't be a cold hearted you-know-what
-Wont cheat on me….I say this because my last 3 god damn girlfreinds did.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Aurora Moon at 10:01AM, Feb. 21, 2007
(offline)
cheated on three times?! man that sucks monkey balls… :(

one thing I've noticed about people… there's one type of people that seems to be making the same mistakes over and over without even realizing it. like girls going to bars all the time to find men there, and ending up with alcholics every time. (just an example, not saying that men who goes to bars are alcholics).

did you happen to be meeting the same type of girls at the same/simlar places, and maybe that's why you've been cheated on before?

just a thought.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Red Slayer at 10:40AM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
Female.
Boobs.
Awesomeness.
Pretty.
Boobs.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM
subcultured at 10:44AM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
Aurora Moon

one thing I've noticed about people… there's one type of people that seems to be making the same mistakes over and over without even realizing it.

i agree, there is a pattern of women who pick certain types of guys that are abusive to them.

J
Aurora Moon at 12:09PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
Aurora Moon

one thing I've noticed about people… there's one type of people that seems to be making the same mistakes over and over without even realizing it.

i agree, there is a pattern of women who pick certain types of guys that are abusive to them.

yeah. and it's not just women. I've noticed a pattern of men who would normally go for a certain type of women, only to end up getting cheated on a lot of times. usually those cheating women they go for has that whole hooker/trashy look…you know, eyebrows that's been tweezed to death so they have to use penicil eyebrows to even look “normal”. super shiny/glittery lipstick, has clothes that just pretty much screams “look at me!!” in terms of showing clevage, short skirts, etc….
and the oddest part? most of them seems to be somewhat ugly, so it makes you think they shouldn't even attract other men out there, you know?
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
skoolmunkee at 12:22PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(offline)
Not being a self-centered butthead, dammit. Being a thoughtful decent person will go a huge way toward getting special devotion from me. T_T And there's more to being thoughtful than most people think… I think. I mean, go out of your way to think of the other person! And then don't just sit on what you've thought… act on it!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
Green_Tangerine at 12:34PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(offline)
This is too funny- I found an old diary and it had a list of things I looked for in a guy when I was 16. Let's compare:
Today
- Maturity (I mean none of this ‘haha we flipped off a cop’ crap)
- Intelligence
- Sense of humor, preferably pretty warped like mine
- Willing to let me ‘wear the pants’
- Stable future

5 years ago
- Green eyes
- Taller than I am
- Funny
- Not shallow (what does that mean? I can't remember)
- Wants to go to university

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Zac at 12:38PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
I've decided that the dream grrl that would be fun to you know see, (and like this is probably a silly post because this is JUST A MERE subcategory of awesomeness, I <3 all girls) would be one that would:

1. Sit down and watch cartoons/anime with me…and enjoy it.
2. Sit down and play nintendo with me…and enjoy it.
3. Pretend she likes shopping as much as me.
4. Wears the same size jeans as me.
5. Will draw pictures and write stories and do creative things sometimes!
6. Tell cheesy jokes.
7. Make me laugh.
8. Will go outside occasionally and I don't know, do outdoor things.
9. Don't heckle me.
10. Movies!
11. Will put up with my endless torrents of apologies and bad jokes.
12. Dance better than me.
13. Fight people.
14. no u.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:53PM
kingofsnake at 12:45PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
Green_Tangerine
Today
- Maturity (I mean none of this ‘haha we flipped off a cop’ crap)
me
Green_Tangerine
- Intelligence
me
Green_Tangerine
- Sense of humor, preferably pretty warped like mine
me
Green_Tangerine
- Willing to let me ‘wear the pants’
very much me
Green_Tangerine
- Stable future
Hmm…hard to say at the moment…

Damn, I am really close on this one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
WingNut at 12:53PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(offline)
I have green eyes, does that count? ;D

-W
subcultured at 1:16PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
Green_Tangerine
5 years ago
- Green eyes
- Taller than I am
- Funny
- Not shallow (what does that mean? I can't remember)
- Wants to go to university

haha you were really specific back then
J
subcultured at 1:25PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
skoolmunkee
Not being a self-centered butthead, dammit. Being a thoughtful decent person will go a huge way toward getting special devotion from me. T_T And there's more to being thoughtful than most people think… I think. I mean, go out of your way to think of the other person! And then don't just sit on what you've thought… act on it!

you forgot “webcomic artists need not apply”
J
kingofsnake at 1:43PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
In no particular order:

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff:
I genuinely believe having to live in my car for a couple months during my senior year helped me prioritize things in my life. I can't stand people going on and on about some trivial shit. This really covers alot of ground I think as far as patience, ability to cope, and ability to seperate what's really important from what is fairly inconsequential. So, easygoing, doesn't take herself too seriously.

Pretty Laugh:
I love making girls laugh. I love it. I've avoided girls very much into me because their laugh is annoying.

Intelligence:
It's really more the ability to pick up on stuff, than actually having knowledge. My friends and I can get into some fairly thick philosophy, it's less important to me that you know who Kierkegaard is but more important that you can pick up on the actual arguments if we explain them well.

Taste:
I don't so much demand her to have the same taste as I (because I'm pretty wierd) but like things that I can recognize the quality in. Music, literature, movies, for example, I could understand someone perfering Jane Austen over William Shakespeare, I HATE Jane Austin, but I can understand other people liking her. Meanwhile, if someone likes, say Steve Martini over William Shakespeare, I'm going to have some pretty deep seeded resentment for you.

Loyalty:
Prerequisite. I'm loyal, she needs to be too.

Thick Skin:
My friends and I rip on each other pretty hard. Their girlfriends often get the brunt of it, because their new to the group, testing boundries and whatnot. The ones that stick around usually realize that even though we tease you, we love you, and in fact that's why we tease you. So, it's pretty important that she has a sense of humor about that sort of thing, or she's just not going to stick around long enough to realize how much we really like each other.

Dry:
I don't drink a ton, I don't smoke, I don't do ANY drugs. I have a hard time building a relationship with addicts. I'm not ridiculous though, if you were to smoke up at a party or something, I could care less. It's when you start doing it in lui of other things, or move on to hard stuff without knowledge or care of what it's doing, thats when I start getting squeemish.
…I guess this is more of a long term issue than anything else, because my string of girlfriends rattles off one girl pothead, another alcoholic, another budding cocaine addict, and to be fair, each of those qualites was a major contriburion to the dissolution of our union.

Boobs:
What can I say, I like boobs.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
KomradeDave at 1:53PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
While applications are closed, this is what I was looking for:

Must be able to tolerate (doesn't need to like) hockey, comic books, and bluegrass
Is not put off by my corny jokes and puns
Lady parts are a big plus
Must get at least 60% of the sci-fi references I use in regular conversation
Smarts=hawttt
I'm the cook
Must agree that Batman is awesome
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Phantom Penguin at 2:01PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(offline)
Aurora Moon

one thing I've noticed about people… there's one type of people that seems to be making the same mistakes over and over without even realizing it. like girls going to bars all the time to find men there, and ending up with alcholics every time. (just an example, not saying that men who goes to bars are alcholics).

did you happen to be meeting the same type of girls at the same/simlar places, and maybe that's why you've been cheated on before?

just a thought.

Not at all. I met one at school in Michigan. I met one at a fest in Germany and met the last one at a Regimental Ball in Kentucky.

Universally women love to cheat on me.
Oh two of them cheated on me while i was in Iraq. Thats like double the bitch.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
KomradeDave at 2:03PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
Phantom Penguin
Universally women love to cheat on me.
Oh two of them cheated on me while i was in Iraq. Thats like double the bitch.

Double the bitch indeed. That sucks.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Ozoneocean at 3:11PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
skoolmunkee
Not being a self-centered butthead
Bugger. :(
It's like you're inside my head! My butt head… lol!

Geekery! That's something I forgot. WIngnut makes a good point there. Geeks are great gals ^^
Sporty types are nice too. Sporty Geeks! Hippy chicks as well…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
Terminal at 3:25PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
Nothing, as long as they like me for what I am.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:11PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 3:46PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
Somebody who hates sports, fashion shows, reality shows, doing your hair, and celebrety gossip as much as I do. Also a girl who isn't afraid to ask a guy out, but isn't controlling either.

….I'm going to die cold and alone… :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 3:55PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
*Sexy- Lots of this.

Some things…

*Sexy- More of this.
I agree.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
WingNut at 4:44PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(offline)
Gotta love a girl who can appreciate the finer points of geekery. Seriously, the most romantic gift I got for m'girl come Christmas was a DS Lite. And you know what? It was the perfect present. ;D

A good laugh is something thats very important too, KingofSnake makes a good point. It doesn't have to be a pretty laugh, just individual and genuine. Yes indeed! :D

This is a fun thread! ^-^

-W
LIZARD_B1TE at 4:48PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
WingNut
This is a fun thread! ^-^

Not really, it made me realize that I have no hope of a relationship….
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM
Xayn at 4:50PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(offline)
A head.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
Generic Human at 6:14PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
hmm… let's see…

-Not a must, but I love video games, comics, movies, and teh internets in general, so it'd be nice if they liked it too. Otherwise I dunno what we'd do together while just hanging out.
-Must love zombies.
-I love hanging out. Not doing anything but just playing video games or watching movies or just bullshitting. It'd be nice if they liked it too.
-Has a passion. I don't care what he's passionate about, but there's got to be some fire there for something.
-Easy going. I don't wanna control the relationship, but I don't wanna be controlled either.
-Smart, clever, and over all very witty. Wittyness is sexy.
-Able to joke back at me and with me.
-Likes to talk. I enjoy it when guys can talk for some reason. Although it'd be nice if he could listen too.
-Laughs easy. This is the only must.

…long list.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
PicaandPiku at 6:27PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(offline)
What do I look for in a feminine homo?

-knowledge
-an easy-going personality
-someone who likes to… uh… do stuff. Yeah, let's go with that.
-someone who has intrests like mine
-being attractive is a must for a girl I'm looking for
-be a girl (duh)
-a girl who won't CHEAT on me
-someone who isn't a huge Pokemon addict (don't let my avatar fool you; if it wasn't for Pica, I would have lost intrest by now). Can be a moderate fan, like me, but not someone who lives on it. Sorry I can't type out Pokemon like I'm supposed to, with the little line over it, but this form won't let me put it up without it coming out right.

It's too bad I'm too shy to ask a girl out… I hate myself for that.
My webcomics:
Pica Mystery Thingie
Adventures of PnKS
Ask Pica! (Smack Jeeves exclusive)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
isukun at 6:48PM, Feb. 21, 2007
(online)
Zac's list sounds about right for me (except for the same size jeans bit). Beggars can't be choosers, though, so just about any female who says “yes” when I ask them out would be fine by me at this point. I don't see that happening anytime soon, though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon