Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What do you look for in a GF/BF??
Aeon at 7:55AM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
Okay, so, seriously, I just joined OkCupid last week because I'm tired of dating my friends… it ends poorly. And basically what that means is that I've been thinking about what I'm looking for on a daily basis. So my list is getting longer, and longer, and more specific… Just for the sake of itself.

But all I've really decided at this point is that I don't want someone in theatre. Been there, done that, SO over it.

And I want someone who'll play Scrabble with me and give me a challenge.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
subcultured at 8:05AM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
you have to pay to get hooked up in that site?
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
kingofsnake at 8:06AM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
Aeon
And I want someone who'll play Scrabble with me and give me a challenge.

If that's not a Literati challenge, I've never heard one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Aeon at 8:21AM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
subcultured
you have to pay to get hooked up in that site?

Yeah, like I'm going to pay to confirm what a loser I am. No, it's totally free.

And so far I've been propositioned by three couples looking for a threesome and one overweight lady trucker… so for the entertainment value alone…
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
subcultured at 8:23AM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
hahaha
well, good luck then
J
Ozoneocean at 10:06AM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
SpANG
1) An excruciatingly bad sense of humor
2) Totally self counscious of who she is, really uncomfortable in her own skin.
3) No confidence in her abilites, yet not humble by any means
4) Someone who likes to be someone else
5) Inarticulate and unintellegent
6) Extremly unfreindly, tells the most offensive, uncomfortable jokes all the time.

Why? Because, no offense, making a list is dumb. When you find the right person, they will be everything you never knew you always wanted.

Throw your list away. Now.;)
The thing is it's not really a list of what they must have to apply for the position, more a bunch of subjective qualities you think you'd like to see in another person, in a sort of ideal way. ie. it's just a bit of fun, not a reflection on reality. Your list reflects how someone sees themself.

If you took this kind of thing seriously though, it reminds me of those stupid things they write in job adds: “must be extremely outgoing, ambitious go getter, a guru and a master in the skills we require, really wonderful at social networking and perfect communication and customer relations! Interfacing with customers must actually be a pleasure for them!” -Job: tech support in a local council office…

You know the kind of thing… Adds for the stupidest jobs that make you feel idiotic and inadequate. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
Ozoneocean at 10:34AM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
Scrabble is great when you can spell… I always forget “unnecessary”! OMG I almost got it right that time, I just forgot the extra “n”! I'm usually good at using words that make my opponents cry for a dictionary, blaming me for being a cheat. I remember once I was playing a friend while we we looking after a huge second-hand bookshop. I put down grifter, which put us on a hours long search for the elusive dictionary section in the massive warehouse size place (it was a warehouse actually)… It was quite an adventure, we forged between mazes of shelves and tottering piles of books. We came across all sorts of treasures. I found the pirate section in a hidden alcove (I really did!). We squeezed between gaps in shelves to get to other rows and in strange cut-off areas in the middle of rows to see what had ended up there… Along the way we found things like a moth eaten silk top hat, and old perished 1930's motorcycle goggles.

We did find the dictionaries in the end and I was RIGHT!
kingofsnake at 11:25AM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
Who doesn't know the word grifter? Thats silly.

Those are some pretty awesome discoveries, I'd totally wear 1930's motorcycle goggles all the time, with the scarf and everything. And I'd grow out a sinister moustache and continue to tie women to railroad tracks
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Ozoneocean at 11:48AM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
kingofsnake
Who doesn't know the word grifter? Thats silly.
Ha! Not in Australia… It just doesn't exist here. :(
Plus, my opponent was a Serbian. ;) It is a valid scrabble word though.
I bought those goggles in the end! They're a bit weird though, the lenses are round. I used them for metal work for a while.
SpANG at 4:23PM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
Your list reflects how someone sees themself.

Interesting theory. Or, I could have just taken sub's original list and tried to say the complete opposite.
Not everything is psychology. Some things are just smartassery. ;)
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:52PM
Black_Kitty at 5:11PM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
All I know is that I can be a difficult and moody person at times. I can be repetitive, I rant, and at times I'm needy. I'm awkward, sometimes clueless, and oftentimes act rather silly. Sometimes I'm very quick tempered while other times I'm mellow.

So all I want in a boyfriend is someone who can love and accept me for who I am. And if I can do the same and we're both happy with each other's company, then it's all good. :)

That and he's of legal age. Bonus points if he lets me call him silly willy widdle names and draw hearts and bunnies on him~
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
Aussie_kid at 6:51PM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
Well… let's see what I can come up with

- Modesty. Not really big on girls that show off heaps of skin
- Laziness. I do not like going out too often (Mainly because I can't) and I've never been an active kid
- Natural beauty. Don't care if she puts on make up or not. No cosmetic surgery either. If she looks good how she is, she shouldn't have to change it (And over the years, I have learnt that my sense of beauty is not as high standard as many)
- She eats. I hate girls that starve themselves. I mean, I am skinny, but I just don't have a big appetite
- She's petite. My body was not designed for big girls. They would crush me. I am under 60kg, so I'd like it if she was too (Up to 68kg I usually go)
- Chastity. Not an absolute demand (Don't want to go through the entire relationship without at least getting to second base) but a girl that absolutely demands sex 24/7 just doesn't sound that appealing. Sometimes I just like to lie there with her. Also, I tire easily
- Lack of piercings. Ear lobes are fine, but all the others I find kinda scary (Especially in the crotch area)
- Withdrawn personality. I do not like a girl who has to draw attention to herself. That's why I usually look at the goths, emos, nerds, etc. because they tend to prefer to be away from crowded places.

And yeah, that's what I like
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
subcultured at 6:52PM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
Black_Kitty
All I know is that I can be a difficult and moody person at times. I can be repetitive, I rant, and at times I'm needy. I'm awkward, sometimes clueless, and oftentimes act rather silly. Sometimes I'm very quick tempered while other times I'm mellow.

awww we still wuv you, bk
J
hat at 6:56PM, Feb. 23, 2007
(offline)
Someone who doesn't need to be with you 24/7.
I want free time!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
PokeMitch at 9:23PM, Feb. 23, 2007
(offline)
I look for the sexy looks and the chest . . . I like the big chests . . .
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Generic Human at 10:37PM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
subcultured
Generic Human
hmm… let's see…

-Not a must, but I love video games, comics, movies, and teh internets in general, so it'd be nice if they liked it too. Otherwise I dunno what we'd do together while just hanging out.
-Must love zombies.
-I love hanging out. Not doing anything but just playing video games or watching movies or just bullshitting. It'd be nice if they liked it too.
-Has a passion. I don't care what he's passionate about, but there's got to be some fire there for something.
-Easy going. I don't wanna control the relationship, but I don't wanna be controlled either.

so no bondage? eh? check!

Oh? Who ever said I wasn't into the bondage?

Me and my ex

It creeps me out how many of the people here have “sexy” as a requirement (disregarding Ozone, that was given. Just being with him qualifies you as being sexy) or something along those lines. Are physical looks that important?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
subcultured at 4:26AM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
haha
i didn't know bondage leather comes in red

i don't think physical look are THAT important. looks can only get you so far when it comes to a relationship. after awhile you're gonna have to talk to that person. And if she/he's really annoying, you've got a problem.
J
Aurora Moon at 6:55AM, Feb. 24, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
haha
i didn't know bondage leather comes in red

everything that has to do with bondage comes in all colors now. ;)
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
subcultured at 7:03AM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
aurora, the bondage mistress!
J
skoolmunkee at 12:35PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(offline)
kingofsnake
Come on skool, you're getting your low selfesteem all over the place.

I was making a joke in direct response to Spang's post! :)

If anything I have a much higher valuation of myself now than I did even a month ago. So there! I'm too good for most people, that's all. It's something everyone else has to accept. Also I am a pretty good cook.

Black_Kitty

Oh come on everybody does that. T_T If I lived in Canadia I'd let you draw pictures on me (but that's it).
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
subcultured at 12:49PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
skoolmunkee
Oh come on everybody does that. T_T If I lived in Canadia I'd let you draw pictures on me (but that's it).

*subculture thinks (i wonder if that's considered 2nd base)
J
Ozoneocean at 2:17PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
Generic Human
It creeps me out how many of the people here have “sexy” as a requirement (disregarding Ozone, that was given. Just being with him qualifies you as being sexy)
This either means I'm quite cool, or desperate and alone… :)

Well at least I'm not Glarg, that's one thing to be thankful for!
Black_Kitty at 2:52PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
subcultured
awww we still wuv you, bk

Awww!

skoolmunkee

I promise I'll draw nicer bunnies on you. :D

As a side note, I just realized there's a reference in there from the Utena movie. Draw on your boyfriend's back but make sure he doesn't have swimming class the next day. Although I can't seem to remember what that meant…if it meant anything at all.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
Aurora Moon at 3:12PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
aurora, the bondage mistress!

*cracks whip* lol
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Inkmonkey at 4:14PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(offline)
I want a girl who can put her legs behind her head and who recognizes me as the One True God.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
ccs1989 at 5:13PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
Inkmonkey
I want a girl who can put her legs behind her head and who recognizes me as the One True God.

Good luck with that. :P
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
Generic Human at 6:39PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
Generic Human
It creeps me out how many of the people here have “sexy” as a requirement (disregarding Ozone, that was given. Just being with him qualifies you as being sexy)
This either means I'm quite cool, or desperate and alone… :)

Well at least I'm not Glarg, that's one thing to be thankful for!

It means that you're so cool that the person you are with would automatically be considered the definition of sexy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Red Slayer at 6:48PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
I have a new one

Green/blue skin and red hair.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM
Ozoneocean at 10:15PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
Generic Human
It means that you're so cool that the person you are with would automatically be considered the definition of sexy
There, you all heard it! It's true. ;)
Now, who want's to be sexy?

SpANG's dead right about lists in a realistic sense. People are nicer than ideals, and sometimes the ones that fit the ideals don't turn out to be all you hoped for.
Chris chris at 10:51PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
man… men are pervs. ;) Love ya'll.

what I look for in a man:
* One who isn't afraid of me when I'm holding the butcher's knife.
* One with a decent sense of humor. Jokes are good and all but one who relies on it too much will have his throat cut open.
* Someone who is emotonally and physically strong.
* A pervert. What can I say? I like physical relationships.
* Healthy.
* Ready to walk around with me when I need to get out and do stuff.

Hm… think I basically just discriped my recent bf. >.>;;; :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:42AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon