Random Discussion

What does your voice sound like?
ayesinback at 9:31AM, Sept. 24, 2010
(offline)
I love reading the forums and imagine how some of you might sound when you're saying what you type out loud. Odds are that I'm wrong. So what does your voice sound like?

I'm generally mid-register and soft-spoken, with very little regional accent of any sort, although if I'm around someone with an accent, I'll sponge in up a matter of minutes.

And if I didn't use irony so much, I'd be monotone.
under new management
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
ozoneocean at 10:29AM, Sept. 24, 2010
(online)
Australian… a bit nasal… not very deep and not very high either. I'd say it's slightly on the deeper side of medium, but that's just my hearing of recordings of it.
My singing voice is pleasant too. I actually can sing, after all these years of just thinking I could. :)
That's nasal though too. Probably because of my big honking pointy nose.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:25PM
Chernobog at 2:17PM, Sept. 24, 2010
(offline)
I have a low somewhat deep voice. It's very guttural sounding, giving it a growl or snarl. That said, I can do a wide amount of impressions, as long as they're low pitched. Some are just generic like ‘1849 gold prospector’ and ‘old woman who smokes too much’ but I like to do Elvis & the cast from Metalocalypse. Working on a Barney Rubble currently.

My voice does not lend to singing beyond harmonizing with others and heavy metal. I can bellow like a cannon.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
rokulily at 2:52PM, Sept. 24, 2010
(online)
my hellos sound like pure sunshine, as i have been told by a few sources

my voice i think sounds pretty average, but quiet. so i asked peoples:
“It sounds soft, quiet. Can get high pitch and when you're happy, you sound cute.”
“Sounds like rain hitting water, soft and quiet.”

and apparently my singing voice is like that of a disney princess :(

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Product Placement at 2:52PM, Sept. 24, 2010
(online)
I asked for someone opinion about how I sound like and got this:
Someone
you sound like a waltz- fairly strong, well thought out, and graceful. theres a softness there, and a slight bitter edge when you talk in a sarcastic or unhappy manner. your accent sounds very pleasant too, a gentle Scottish accent- not too harsh, for an Icelander
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
Koshou at 7:58PM, Sept. 24, 2010
(offline)
A squeaky overexcited teenage girl.

unless I'm being sarcastic, then I just sound like a bitch.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
Genejoke at 11:02PM, Sept. 24, 2010
(online)
rokulily
and apparently my singing voice is like that of a disney princess :(

My singing voice sounds like a gorilla getting gang raped.

As for my voice…
I'm pretty softly spoken, with a generic southern english accent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
lba at 9:56AM, Sept. 25, 2010
(online)
ayesinback
I'm generally mid-register and soft-spoken, with very little regional accent of any sort, although if I'm around someone with an accent, I'll sponge in up a matter of minutes.

Thank God I'm not the only one who does that. Some folks get really pissed at me because they think I'm mocking them, but I can never help that I start to pick up others accent and grammar. I've been told I can do a perfect south-London accent, despite never having been to Europe in my life. Otherwise, I sound like a mid-size 20-something white boy who grew up in the Midwest and my accent extends to drawing out my A's when I talk. Most people don't even remember what my voice sounds like after a long conversation, they just remember the words and the sense of sarcasm.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
bravo1102 at 11:00AM, Sept. 25, 2010
(online)
Slightly high-pitched and nasel with that Mid-Western accent that is taken to be “non-accented” American. At least that's what I'm told my natural speaking voice sounds like. Like Peter Sellers I am never quite sure as my voice is highly malleable. I can do all kinds of characters and accents. All I have to do is listen to native speakers and then turn around and fool them into thinking that my American accent is the fake one. ;)

I have been told that I'm perfect for voice-overs as my voice is very natural with easy inflection that makes monologues interesting listening. At one point my housemates always called me “the narrator” People love hearing me read aloud.

I took the classes in high school about public speaking and mastered the whole breathing thing and I've always been able to project my voice; make myself heard in the balcony without yelling. I just had to overcome the natural self-consciousness about public speaking.

But never sing. I can barely carry a tune and am certainly nothing worth listening to unlike my sister, grandmother, sister-in-law and nephews who all have beautiful singing voices.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
Aurora Moon at 6:35PM, Sept. 25, 2010
(offline)
I've been told many times that I sound like a girl who speaks English with a french accent.

Despite being an american who lives in the mid-west. :p

Maybe it's because the state I live in is rather close to Canada? after all, a lot of French speakers up there, and I've been living close to the borders for a good chunk of my life.

of course, I voluntarily choose to act mute most of the time because I'm deaf and I can't control my voice very well. I'll practically whisper at times and then other times speak very loudly, thinking that I was speaking normally… only for people to point this out often. So I tend to prefer staying quiet and instead communicate with paper and pen.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
blindsk at 10:33PM, Sept. 25, 2010
(online)
Interesting topic! Maybe people should just leave sound clips of themselves. :)

As for me, probably close to the typical male mid-to-low range. Though there will be hints of obnoxious nerd overtones. Fair warning. I noticed this when considering the topic of discussion at hand that I'd be verbally expressing.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't have an accent either. I live in California! But people do claim that Californians have accents - I still don't believe it!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
ozoneocean at 2:15AM, Sept. 26, 2010
(online)
blindsk
As far as I'm concerned, I don't have an accent either. I live in California! But people do claim that Californians have accents - I still don't believe it!
ALL Americans have accents, it's called an “American” accent ;)
Since the language is English, to “not” have an accent you'd have to be English… in theory. But the fact is that everyone everywhere has an accent, not matter what language they're speaking at the time. The only time when you think they don't is when it's so similar to your own that you can't tell the difference. :)

The Californian accent IS a lot softer than the rest of the US though.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Plague Doctor at 1:26PM, Sept. 26, 2010
(offline)
Weird xD
Well,it's very high pitched,slightly nasal and apparently I talk too quiet which is very annoying when people ask me to speak up :p
And my english accent is unintelligble.The “th” sound is really hard for me,I pronounce it either as a “d” sound-for instance “there”,or an “f” sound for“bathtub”
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Ochitsukanai at 10:23PM, Sept. 28, 2010
(online)
This, reading the elicitation paragraph from the speech accent archive because it includes most of the sounds and clusters in American English.

I hear this as flat and neutrally accented, but people ask me where I'm from all the time.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
crocty at 11:04PM, Sept. 28, 2010
(online)
Deep and North English. And apparently really hot(??????)

Maybe if I can finally get camstudio working I can post the soundclip of me reading out the raven. Why I need it is a completely unrelated long story blah blah blah.

“Pastel: Drawling, slightly scottish, hawt, very hawt, hawt.”
I am not Scottish.
“Kitty: it's slightly scottish and adorable”
I am not Scottish.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/tkvkOgBK/PLEES_CAHL_STELLAH.html
Okay there we go, reading out the same thing Ochi read out. It's quiet and also I lack a pop board thus it sounds awful, but it's audible I'm sure!
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
ozoneocean at 4:12AM, Sept. 29, 2010
(online)
crocty
but it's audible I'm sure!
“…she can scoop eese fings into free red bags and we all go meet er Wednesday at the train staay-shon.”

Heh, charmingly northern, with a little bit at that British youth parlance… (dropping the “th” and the “h”)
Good strong voice Crocty! Cool.

Bimbo_Zombie at 5:27AM, Sept. 29, 2010
(online)
Somewhere between Patrik Starfish and David Bowie.
I'm a girl.

I also have a second voice which is my talking voice. I force it into a higher register and put it more into the nose. Then it sounds more like early 70's David Bowie! Probably as close as I will ever get to the female voice.

And sometimes I sound like Jonny Cash.

I had a friend who quoted me. They had to drop their voice a few octives. And he was male.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
same at 3:40PM, Sept. 29, 2010
(online)
My voice has 2 settings.

The “i dont think about what im saying when i say it” voice:

Higher pitch than my usual voice and you can tell that im trying to get the words out quickly because its fast paced and often turns to jibberish.

The “main” voice:

You can tell im paying attention because my words come out very proper and I attempt to remove any hint of an accent. Which is Northern Irish… I detest my accent. Its not exactly thick but you could notice it if you're not from around here. I attempt to compensate by trying not to sound stupid like most of the locals. They're accent sounds like ducks.

Allow me to demonstrate some common words.

Proper: Yes.

Local: Aaaaaye laaaack!

The aye is prolonged and the like has been formed into a similar word and prolonged also. I count myself lucky that I don't talk like that.

Wait…. Im yammering on about something completely irrelevant.

Point is I have a weird accent and 2 different voices.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
ozoneocean at 3:41AM, Sept. 30, 2010
(online)
same
I used to really dislike the Northern Irish accent… But that was mainly because Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams and his chief opponent Reverend Ian Paisley were always such rhetorical, droning, dogmatic wankers constantly in the news…

Now that those two aren't defining Northern Ireland so much anymore, I quite like the accents from there, just as much as the ones from the Republic of Ireland.

same at 7:06AM, Sept. 30, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
same
I used to really dislike the Northern Irish accent… But that was mainly because Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams and his chief opponent Reverend Ian Paisley were always such rhetorical, droning, dogmatic wankers constantly in the news…

Now that those two aren't defining Northern Ireland so much anymore, I quite like the accents from there, just as much as the ones from the Republic of Ireland.

Politics in Northern Ireland is Dogmatic droning. That and the fact that theyre all basically ex terrorists or something similar. Catholics detest Protestants and Protestants detest Catholics. For some bizarre reason. People just cant let grudges go.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Kroatz at 2:30PM, Sept. 30, 2010
(online)
My voice sounds like the sound of thunder, dipped in white chocolate and filled with liquid gold.
Comidion.deviantart.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
ozoneocean at 10:05PM, Sept. 30, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
My voice sounds like the sound of thunder, dipped in white chocolate and filled with liquid gold.
Sort of a bubbly, bursty, splurty fart noise then?

Futon at 10:08AM, Oct. 1, 2010
(online)
Terrible. And I sing like shit.

#56 in Comic Book/Story #73 Overall
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
seventy2 at 2:20AM, Oct. 6, 2010
(online)
listened to ochi. I had this vision of midwestern goth girl. it was weird.
—————-

I think i'm higher for a male. if i talk softly i can get a deep voice. but most of the time i'm a LOUD talker. i'm easily excited.

I've always been told that i can sing, but when i try to sing into recording equipment and such, i don't like what i play back.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Doodstormer at 11:00AM, Oct. 21, 2010
(online)
I have a deep-ish monotonous voice, and I talk really slow. I guess I sound like some kind of druggie cultist or something.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
Blitzkrieg1701 at 7:12PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
Apparently, I still sound like a nasaly 16-year-old. I wish my voice would frickin' grow up soon.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Evil_Hare at 10:49AM, Oct. 27, 2010
(online)
I sound like a big man on the phone, I'm told… a fine baritone, but I can do other voices… I actually once won a talent show by doing impressions, including the voices of Andre the Giant and the Macho Man.

Mostly, people think I sound like an asshole.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
lefarce at 8:58AM, Nov. 4, 2010
(online)
I've been told I sound like Michael Cera, only if his testicles had dropped.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
skoolmunkee at 11:12AM, Nov. 4, 2010
(online)
Soon you will all know what Oz and I sound like.

For reference I am the one that sounds like a 13-year old girl, Oz is the one who sounds like a 17-year old boy.

:kitty:
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
lefarce at 3:34PM, Nov. 4, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
For reference I am the one that sounds like a 13-year old girl,

Dang girl, wanna go make out with me behind the middle school?

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved