Comic Talk and General Discussion *

what is the funniest thing youve seen ur pet do
tiffawolf at 7:34AM, March 25, 2009
(online)
ide have to say my leopard gecko, reno is one heck of a character.
i get so cracked up when hes angry or scared because he squeals out. one day i put him in the sink for a warm bath to help him shed, it was his first though so he didnt know how to react and when i placed him in the water he freaked out and began to squeal as hard as he could,hahahaha i couldnt help but luagh at the poor little guy. heres an example ofjust how funny he can be. NOTE this isnt me,just a film i found
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAc61mXkr1s
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
Jonko at 8:56AM, March 25, 2009
(online)
I once lifted up my hamster only to notice there was a baby hamster butt sticking out of her (she was giving birth). I quickly put her back, of course.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Chernobog at 8:57AM, March 25, 2009
(offline)
I used to have a hamster. He was full of fun little tricks, but one of his best was getting inside his hamster ball and actively chasing the cat around the house in it. That lil guy had no fear!

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
HyenaHell at 12:01PM, March 25, 2009
(online)
Ha. Man, my dog is a constant source of ammusement. I don't think I could pick any one thing that he does, but…

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
tiffawolf at 12:13PM, March 25, 2009
(online)
Hyena H_ll
Ha. Man, my dog is a constant source of ammusement. I don't think I could pick any one thing that he does, but…

hehehehe thats a very cute little dog. we use to have a dog that looked sorta like that, named Damon
HippieVan at 2:05PM, March 25, 2009
(online)
My cat has a long tail which always twitches about as if it has a mind of its own. One day he was lying on the couch and somehow ended up in a position where his tail was hitting himself in the face. He ended up putting his paw on it to stop it from hitting him.

As for my dog, every time he crosses the kitchen floor is pathetic and pretty funny. The floor is a bit slippery and every time he gets freaked out and then tries to make a dash for it, which of course makes him slip and slide across the room. Sometimes his legs even splay out like Bambi. Poor guy, he's been living with us for 5 or 6 years and he still hasn't gotten the hang of it.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Walrus at 5:03PM, March 25, 2009
(online)
My hamsters fighting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
usedbooks at 8:09PM, March 25, 2009
(online)
A rat I had was the only one in his cage to survive a virus, so he was by himself and always demanding attention. I brought home a stuffed bunny, which he pulled into the cage by its foot and then fell asleep with it.

Yeah, that's manly. – Also, this.

My cat always does silly things – cats seem to be good at that. They are so clumsy but so good at pretending nothing happened.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Terminal at 10:27PM, March 25, 2009
(online)
I saw my dog run into a wall and I was all like, “damn dog, u stupid.”

Then it barked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
Ozoneocean at 11:07PM, March 25, 2009
(online)
My cat used to hide under a sheet… then he'd sneak up on other cats, while still under the sheet, and pounce on them!
I used to call him Ghost Cat.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Lonnehart at 4:35PM, March 26, 2009
(online)
Don't know if this counts as funny, but one day I opened my front door to go outside only to be greeted by my cat with a gift in its mouth; a half eaten but still living Brown Tree Snake. The snake looked so pitiful I decided to throw it into a tree where it can die peacefully but my cat went back for it…

I had a friend whose pet kicked the bucket, croaked, then nearly bought the farm… on E-Bay (too bad frogs can't navigate the internet very well). :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Jonko at 5:03PM, March 26, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
Don't know if this counts as funny, but one day I opened my front door to go outside only to be greeted by my cat with a gift in its mouth; a half eaten but still living Brown Tree Snake. The snake looked so pitiful I decided to throw it into a tree where it can die peacefully but my cat went back for it…

Cat's seem to think we'd like it if they bring us little presents. My cat regularly brought us mice, I remember being extremely grossed out by it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Lonnehart at 8:52PM, March 26, 2009
(online)
Jonko
Lonnehart

Cat's seem to think we'd like it if they bring us little presents. My cat regularly brought us mice, I remember being extremely grossed out by it.

I always thought they did that because they always see us go out to “hunt” and we come home with armfuls of food that we share with them, making them feel really inadequate…. or something like that…
usedbooks at 9:29PM, March 26, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
I always thought they did that because they always see us go out to “hunt” and we come home with armfuls of food that we share with them, making them feel really inadequate…. or something like that…
Cats don't think in steps like that and are not mimics. (Cats bring people things whether their people go out or not – even if they are a stray that has never known a person.) They think like cats, brains hardwired for their instincts and feline behavior. In a social or family setting, cats always bring the kill to share with the rest of the family/pack. Mother cats bring live prey to teach their kittens to kill.

My cat has never killed anything, even at our old house when she was allowed outside. She brought home baby bunnies completely uninjured and kicking her in the head. Now as an indoor cat, she drops inanimate objects by my door. She has a collection of stuffed animals, but also loves to carry socks, balls of yarn, anything made of fabric. She once brought me the purse of a houseguest. She cannot sleep without having a toy with her.

Oh, and I've seen her sleepwalk. She'll start yowling in a drowsy low-pitch tone, fast asleep, get up (eyes closed), put her mouth around the nearest fuzzy toy, and curl up again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
tiffawolf at 11:04PM, March 26, 2009
(online)
usedbooks
Lonnehart
Cats don't think in steps like that and are not mimics. (Cats bring people things whether their people go out or not – even if they are a stray that has never known a person.) They think like cats, brains hardwired for their instincts and feline behavior. In a social or family setting, cats always bring the kill to share with the rest of the family/pack. Mother cats bring live prey to teach their kittens to kill.

My cat has never killed anything, even at our old house when she was allowed outside. She brought home baby bunnies completely uninjured and kicking her in the head. Now as an indoor cat, she drops inanimate objects by my door. She has a collection of stuffed animals, but also loves to carry socks, balls of yarn, anything made of fabric. She once brought me the purse of a houseguest. She cannot sleep without having a toy with her.

Oh, and I've seen her sleepwalk. She'll start yowling in a drowsy low-pitch tone, fast asleep, get up (eyes closed), put her mouth around the nearest fuzzy toy, and curl up again.

hahhaha yeah my cats an odd ball,he thinks hes a dog i think, he rolls around on his back and loves his belly scrathed than he kicks his leg when u hit that right spot,he seems to love water so much he nose dive into the bath water when its running and when we let him out side, no joke,he brings hom huge dog friends from who knows where.hes the strangest cat weve had but thet again,he was a rescue so he must have been scarred some point in his life
AzuJOD at 2:47AM, March 27, 2009
(online)
I have a cockateil that taught himself to ring like a telephone, and I've seen him scratch himself like a dog.

I also have a dog who got her head stuck in a tissue box when she was younger.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
VinceLikesRooster at 8:10PM, March 28, 2009
(offline)
My dog jumping at doors when you close them. He bites the doorknob too and he does it every single time you close a door on him. Here's a picture of him:

I still love him, mind you
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:42PM
HippieVan at 8:52PM, March 28, 2009
(online)
One morning my dog broke off from his leash and ran off. Not being able to find him, I went to school. Afterwards, walking down the alley towards my house, I saw my dog returning as if perfectly timed with when I got home. And he brought home supper! A full bag of pogos. We didn't eat them, obviously, but I think it was a nice thought. And better than dead birds.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Ozoneocean at 4:39AM, March 29, 2009
(online)
usedbooks
Ooooo, sleep actions… that reminds me of a late cat of mine (died two years ago). She would yowl sometimes in her sleep, but the worst part was she would sleep attack.

It'd be the cause of numerous fights with her daughter who she'd like to sleep next to. But it would make her very dangerous to have on your tummy on occasion.
-She'd be fast asleep on your chest, then she might start talking to herself, nattering away, chirruping and then an unearthly yowl. The she'd appear to wake up, she'd look you right in the face, with her eyes opened WIDE, except the pupils would be FULLY dilated. Then she'd try and scratch your face off.

It looked freaky strange, like she was possessed, and it makes me think that most stories about people and animals being possessed could have really been cases of sleep actions. Hmm…

Anyway, when I'd grab her tightly to stop her attacking me, she'd shake her head, blink a few times and squint sleepily. Then she'd make a sleepy inquiring sound as if to ask what was going on. Her pupils would be back to normal- I'd always check her pupils to make sure, then I knew she'd be safe again.
Product Placement at 1:13PM, March 29, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Sleep attacking cat.

Reminds me of this dog.

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Lonnehart at 3:27PM, March 29, 2009
(online)
Poor dog… I bet when he wakes up he wonders why he feels so tired…
Pineapple at 4:42PM, March 29, 2009
(online)
my dog ate a sock once. I didn't see him eat it, but I saw it after. Then about a month later he ate another sock, and lo and behold, they were from the same pair!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
Peipei at 6:46PM, March 31, 2009
(offline)
My cat likes to make her hind legs march in place for absolutely no reason at all. It's the funniest thing I have ever seen her do :p.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Hakoshen at 7:05PM, March 31, 2009
(offline)
It's nothing unique, but every now and then my dog likes to find something, and never the same thing twice, and just roll in it. He makes the weirdest little gasping noise when he does it too.

Plus, I always thought this was funny.

God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Koshou at 8:53PM, March 31, 2009
(offline)
one time my cat was rolling around, trying to get my attention… and then he fell off the bed. the look on his face was priceless.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
Ozoneocean at 11:48PM, March 31, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
Plus, I always thought this was funny.
SIlly Australian boys… That last bit looked very, very fake to me though… You just can't trust the internet anymore -_-

———-
I had a cute little blue heeler once. She LOVED to undo my shoelaces, no one else's, just mine.
-She'd charge out of no where, rush up to my feet, undo my laces expertly and super fast and then charge off again. I couldn't go anywhere near her with shoes with lases, because as soon as I'd do them up again she'd appear and UN-do them, then disappear once more.

She was a naughty, naughty little dog. She found undoing my laces so hilarious though… Which was quite cute.
Ryuthehedgewolf at 4:21PM, April 1, 2009
(offline)
Pretty much whenever I pet my cat, it's almost as if we have a conversation. She meows, and then I just say something random like, “Are you serious, Mittens?” and then she meows again. This goes on and on until she gets mad for no reason, and then tries to spar with me, she acts like she's some sort of professional boxer.

And then my dog, Rocky, who is a boxer dog, and my best friend, always begs for food. But when we do give him the occasional treat, we make him jump, and have him ‘shake’ our hand, just because it's fun to make him do tricks. But pretty much every moment around Rocky is funny. Because he's my favorite dog everrr <3

I'm gonna miss Rocky when he goes away…:(
Let's just hope that it won't happen for a long, long time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
Niccea at 4:25PM, April 1, 2009
(offline)
I was playing with my chicken, Cheeepers, in the backyard once. Mom decided that this would be a good opportunity to clean the bird cage we kept her in. As soon as my mom touched that cage, my chicken got up and chased mom back into the house.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
ifelldownthestairs at 5:30PM, April 1, 2009
(online)
when i was a kid i had a cat who, i swear to god, gave himself head. like when a cat licks himself, except he didn't stop there… and he made these really loud sounds while doing it too. not that i'd be above doing that if i was able to…

blowing myself, that is. not blowing cats.

my cat now, who i named colossus (because that's precisely what he is) is so fat he actually purrs while he eats. seriously.
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
CatCatDragoo at 10:56PM, April 1, 2009
(offline)
Funniest? D:

Well… this one time I gave my cat a little bit of my milkshake on my finger and she wen't crazy! xD She was running across the kitchen tile, slidding and thumbping against chair legs and walls! xD

But don't worry! She's perfectly fine! :D

Although… now she's way more determined to get another taste of my milkshakes… xD;
My pride and joooy~! x3

FFA motto:
Learning to Do
Doing to Learn
Earning to Live
Living to Serve
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon