(online)
fame money and girls…..^^
or just some people that enjoy reading some totaly demented stuff like
http://theduckwebcomics.com/SPAGHETTI_WESTERN/
or
http://theduckwebcomics.com/BARBARIAN_ADVENTURE/5458486/
BonesOfRuin at 9:12PM, May 25, 2014
(online)
I joined because its free and easy to use. To be completely honest about it..
RavynneNevyrmore at 10:38PM, Sept. 22, 2014
(online)
I joined because I'm getting back into updating my old FF7 fan comic and wanted to reach a wider audience by finding a website specific to webcomics. Sometimes I fear that as the game ages, FF7 fans are harder to find and to reach.

As to why I joined The Duck specifically, it was because I'm a graphic designer and the other webcomic hosting sites I've seen have made me want to weep tears of visual despair. This website's design makes my eyeballs happy, and that makes me happy.
Jaymzeecat at 9:15AM, Sept. 24, 2014
(offline)
I decided a few years ago that I wanted to start putting my comics online and for a while I only ever put them on my personal Facebook page (where no one ever really read them, haha). I didn't know about webcomic hosting sites at all. When I moved to Portland I joined a webcomics Meetup group and one of the members mentioned DD to me. I told him I'd check it out some time… but honestly, I don't think I actually visited the site until like a year later, haha.
DD is one of my favorite comic sites now, especially for the Featured Comics section. Having my comics featured on DD really helped me get noticed. There isn't much of an option for that on other webcomic hosting sites and I have a really hard time getting readers elsewhere.
mronionbulldozers at 1:18PM, Oct. 8, 2014
(online)
Mostly because I wanted to make a webcomic, hoping it'll get a pretty large amount of fans. I have a really messy beginning, ahaha, but I'm sure that it's going to get all cleared out soon. Looking through how to get a comic even UP, I was told this site was a really good place. :^3
This is a rather nice and friendly community, and I really like the forums and comics on here so far. I hope you guys enjoy mine!:http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Sunny_Side_Face_Down_Automaton/
Dongaria at 12:02PM, Oct. 20, 2014
(online)
The Babes joined when they saw that this website had awards for sexy/offensive material. That rules. Most other sites kind of skirt around the idea that people draw titties and wangs but if there are actualy awards on the site here for that kind of thing then this is the perfect place for Babes of Dongaria. (warning 18+ NSFW)
I think it's really cool that niche or dirty comics get some love over here instead of being swept under the rug at other sites.
Also there are a ton of great, featured adult comics here to get inspired by!
Cordially,
The Babes
Professor Etheric at 10:30AM, Oct. 23, 2014
(online)
I have joined Drunk Duck as a way to gain more exposure for my comic, Autumn Bay (or, rather, to expose my madness… I mean comic… to more people). I mainly have it hosted on Comic Fury, but I also wanted to get involved in the community at one of the longest running webcomic sites on the web.
TL:DR It's an old standby.
Kris_Nip at 6:51PM, Nov. 3, 2014
(online)
I joined because this site allows me to update when I want. I am a lazy person so that was a big deciding factor.
KimLuster at 1:35PM, Dec. 17, 2014
(online)
At work, and bored… I need to peruse the forums more… so many neat threads!
I wanted to publish a webcomic online, so I just started searching for hosts, and came across the Duck. I like it so much more than other sites. It's really easy to use, very intuitive (I was astounded by that), and it's free (I was re-astounded by that)!
I really love the community as well. Lots of very friendly readers and fellow creators! Some very talented one too…! I get the sense that at one time the Duck was an extremely large and lively community. I'm good with the size of it now and feel it's still very much alive and kicking, but I do wish I could've seen it in its heyday - maybe it'll reach that point again someday…
The times the Duck has been down worried me as much as it did everyone, but with the changing of ownership (or whatever happened) I feel it's in good hands now, with people that really care, and I'm looking forward to where it goes…
Shawn_Perry at 8:36PM, Jan. 5, 2015
(online)
I joined because I wanted to post my art and maybe get some feedback from people who weren't my friends (cause they HAVE to say they like your art, you know? Well, except for my older sister who dislikes my work and lets me know in no uncertain terms,,,lol). The site is easy to use, and I've had fun posting updates on and off for years. Even got featured once.
Plus there are so many good comics on here, I check out the updates often. Lots of talented folks here. Yup.
cdmalcolm1 at 1:54PM, March 17, 2015
(online)
I really wanted to publish my comic book, CPU Basics. Then I almost left DD until I got involved with HA Community Project. I liked it so much that I decided to do a spin off of HA.
Genejoke at 11:48PM, April 26, 2015
(online)
I wanted a free host, tried a few and drunkduck was far and away the best of the bunch. granted a lot has changed since then but I stay for the people.
Lizzy Luna at 2:57PM, May 3, 2015
(online)
I joined to share my love on Simply Sarah way back when there was a rating system. That was my whole reasoning at the time and itsit's still a big factor in keeping me around.
justinlapoint at 1:49PM, June 23, 2015
(offline)
We joined because the duck was recommended to us by the North Carolina webcomics coffee clatch. Unfortunately, that group no longer exists.
thenathannapalm at 7:42AM, Nov. 10, 2015
(offline)
The fact of how long this site has been around, the culture and community - this is a great place to post, get feedback, boost your confidence, and get constructive criticism regarding art and story. My stories have been years in development, I come from animation, but with life, I don't have the free time I need to do any of my stories in full animation in the quality they deserve and need. When I decided to go the graphic novel route, I knew I would need a fanbase, webcomics are a great way to build readers and to grow as an author/artist. If we all just sat in a basement somewhere throwing down stories on paper - we create a bubble. Without others' input, how are we to know what we did wrong or what we did RIGHT.
BearinOz at 8:21PM, Dec. 29, 2015
(online)
I _USED_ to love it here….then successive “deaths and rebirths” removed stats, had out-of-date dates for “last updated” on my stuff, I lost readers, etc.
…..gradually decided to begin updating my “Butterfly Effect” comic….it's WAAAY behind its Fury incarnation, but I've been loading it to appear on a mostly daily basis…always putting at least a week's worth up, in advance…..then BAM ! WHERE IS 2016 !???? …it's 30th Dec and STILL it's not available !!! Over at Fury, there are severa; years' worth of advance dates.
Come on Duckie Crew - get your act together !!!
raytoons at 4:41PM, Jan. 25, 2016
(online)
Hi everyone, I joined The Duck Comics because I am looking for a place to showcase my comics and I thought I would give webcomic hosting a try.
I used to read comics here all the time from my tablet a couple of years back. Coming that to this site brings back memories of reading fun comics here… Sadly, many of the ones I've read are long gone.
My comic is called "The Adventures of Jonathin Quackup from the Planet Weralt", which I have been updating daily since next week and have artwork uploaded through May 1st.
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Jonathin_Quackup_of_the_Planet_Weralt/
Classy_Gentleman at 8:59AM, Feb. 5, 2016
(offline)
Hello dudes and dudettes,

I join The Duck Webcomics because I am looking to promote my mini comics series and also to network.

My mini comic is on my main website so It doesn't make since for me to build a comic page on here.

www.artistic-range-studios.com

I do like reading comics when ever I can get sometime but I spend my hours on drawing and working on project stuff.

To catch up on the latest news follow on twitter dudes.
@AR_STUDIOS1

Have a good day,keep being awesome! ;)

Cheers

Darwin at 7:48AM, Feb. 12, 2016
(offline)
Oh gosh, I've probably posted in this at some point… though I've been gone so long I have no idea where I'd find it.

I first started here because my friend KEZ (War of Winds) and several others convinced me to turn my stories into a graphic novel. When the idea gained life and I jumped in, I needed a place to publish the work. So I joined here on April 4th, 2006 and began posting Gemutations: Plague. I liked the experience, and the chance it gave me to really practice and hone my digital art skills (Because I was nothing but a sketch artist before that).

In June of the same year I brought on board what is now “The Only Half Saga.” That series started out as a set of rather disjointed events in the same character's life. (Sins of the Father, Fickle, Fickle World, Shattered all were posted as separate comics) Eventually I pulled them all under one title as a connected set of events in the life of Cabal, a dhampir looking for revenge on his vampire father.

Following those two I began pulling in other stories: Michael, Midnight, and Finding Common Ground.

My two main comics are coming up on their 10th year! Yikes! It's been that long hasn't it!?
Kota at 6:09PM, March 13, 2016
(offline)
I joined when the Duck first went online because I needed a mirror for my old comic Kota's World. I've been here ever since. I'm just really quiet these days. That's going to change though. :)
Kota Otan
http://www.drunkduck.com/Mailbox_Rocketship/

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Errant_Apprentice/
and
Kota's World: Broadband
-
“If Jeff Bridges is stupid enough to do this, I'M stupid enough to do this!”
totallyraddad at 7:13PM, April 4, 2016
(online)
i only came here because i was promised homemade apple pie! just kidding, im here to promote my new comic joes bad day which is based on real life experiences and is a choose your own adventure. my grandma likes it.
awsome owl 98 at 12:06PM, July 28, 2016
(offline)
I read about it in a book.
ali7 at 6:42AM, Aug. 7, 2016
(offline)
i joined this forum .. so that you guys can help me be a better comic artist ..

have a look at my comic and please give me feedback's am new this world of comic art, and am not a professional still i hope someone might actually like my characters tiffany cooper and brick martin :)

http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/The_Dream_That_Killed_me/

Your text to link here…
last edited on Aug. 7, 2016 6:43AM
irrevenant at 11:36PM, Aug. 7, 2016
(online)
Welcome aboard, Ali7!

Your comic has a great title and I like your art style. It's a bit rough in parts, but it has a good sense of proportion and character (things that I wish I could nail as effectively!).

There are some spelling errors which are kind of distracting (“psycologist” rather than “psychologist” or “creater” rather than “creator” for example). Running the text through a spell check will catch most of these.

The comic is off to an interesting start and I look forward to seeing where it goes.
PearHalf at 12:28PM, Aug. 18, 2016
(offline)
Just trying to spread my seed.

I'm also at comicfury and I felt like I needed another mirror, so I joined this site.

I haven't uploaded my comic here yet, but I'll get to it soon.
Udyr at 3:49AM, Aug. 20, 2016
(online)
At first it was because I was reading comics from here, and I always wanted to put up one. Simply Sarah I guess is what made me check this place out.
I spent some time on Smackjeeves but its quite a different crowd.
I honestly love this site, its almost always something going on, its always active and the members seems motivated and they all help with keeping it alive. The line between members and the page itself seems to be more blurry than on other pages ive been to, they all sort of matter.
Its not just a place to host your comic but there's also a passionate community. Its not just to put up comics, but to discuss them too, to go into the depths of story telling and having real nerdy comic talks.
Xigirl at 6:59AM, Aug. 21, 2016
(online)
A video on how to make webcomics did. By the way Hi I am xigirl but I am a boy.
]Hello, anyone?
Alex Olguin at 8:54AM, Aug. 22, 2016
(online)
I found this page after a lot… a lot… A LOOOOOOT!!!! of searching. I can say that this is one of the best webcomic hosting pages I've found until now.

But I joined just to watch others work, to post mine, and to improve…
I don't think I have some other intention such as getting famous and stuff. I just want to show the worls what I can do and have some fun….

HEHEHE!!!!
Seokthih at 7:53AM, June 8, 2017
(online)
I accidentaly found it and as I create some comics, I found it wonderful!
mks_monsters at 3:43PM, June 8, 2017
(offline)
Hey there!

I have been a lover of comics as far back as I can remember so after reading and rewriting for many years, I mustered up the courage to finally be one of the writers rather than just one of the readers. Don't get me wrong, I still read comics (webcomics), but now, I'm also letting people read some of my own. Or rather the ones I intend to complete. I put up two chapters worth so far, but don't get too spoiled. From now on, it follows and update schedule. And yes, I will stick to it.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon