Media Megaforum

What the hell's up with Nicholas Cage?
Mazoo at 8:29PM, Aug. 8, 2006
(offline)
Jeeze, everywhere I turn there's another commercial or advertisement for another movie this guy's been in!

Eh, I'm not too much of a Nicholas Cage fan. He seems to have the same type character in every movie he's in. And he never changes his facial expressions. It's just weird.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
Ian Jay at 8:43PM, Aug. 8, 2006
(offline)
Mazoo
Eh, I'm not too much of a Nicholas Cage fan. He seems to have the same type character in every movie he's in. And he never changes his facial expressions. It's just weird.

Oh my God! You mean you noticed it too? I thought I was the only one.

ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF: NICHOLAS CAGE IS NOT A GOOD ACTOR. (And he always has that one face where he looks like he's trying to remember where he left his car keys.)

THAT IS ALL.

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Mazoo at 8:54PM, Aug. 8, 2006
(offline)
Ian Jay
Mazoo

Oh my God! You mean you noticed it too? I thought I was the only one.

ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF: NICHOLAS CAGE IS NOT A GOOD ACTOR. (And he always has that one face where he looks like he's trying to remember where he left his car keys.)

THAT IS ALL.

~IJ

Exactly! I'll see commercials for movies and it'll look like a cool concept until BAM! Nicholas Cage stars in it. You might as well just blur out his face and make up your own expressions for him!
Inkmonkey at 8:59PM, Aug. 8, 2006
(offline)
Well, in Ghost Rider he's going to have his head replaced with a CGI skull through (hopefully) most of the movie.

I'm looking forward to Ghost Rider, personally. If nothing else it will be a cool special effects extravaganza.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
skoolmunkee at 11:07PM, Aug. 8, 2006
(online)
I liked him in Raising Arizona!

After that though, meh.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
Terminal at 11:19PM, Aug. 8, 2006
(online)
I like him the way I like Keanu Reeves.

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
Chelano at 8:17AM, Aug. 9, 2006
(online)
I think he is a robot. In the year 3000, he will still be alive in movies
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
PhatScurl at 1:21PM, Aug. 9, 2006
(offline)
…Nicholas Cage is actually one of my favorite actors…hold your stones!

Windtalkers was a great movie, and National Treasure was the movie that made me love his movies. Lord of War…sucked…ass balls. Then i saw Weather Man, and i thought it was hilarious (cause yes im a heartless bastard). My second favorite movie by him is King Arthur..so you might just say i have terrible taste in movies, but nonetheless i like them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
Mazoo at 6:06PM, Aug. 9, 2006
(offline)
equinox
Mazoo
And he never changes his facial expressions.

Lindsay Lohan doesn't change her facial expressions either. http://lohanfacial.ytmnd.com/

Lindsay Lohan is a freak. End of story.

Or she's just suffering from the Kid-Star Syndrome and was washed up by the time she was 13.
Duck at 7:47AM, Aug. 14, 2006
(offline)
Inkmonkey
Well, in Ghost Rider he's going to have his head replaced with a CGI skull through (hopefully) most of the movie.

I agree with this, but I'm still gonna see it cause I am a Marvel junkie.

Nick Cage can be in some decent flicks (I thought Lord of War was awesome) but, he's really only got like the one type of look.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
Inkmonkey at 9:11AM, Aug. 14, 2006
(offline)
mrpedant
I'm going to see Ghost Rider for the inevitable Stan Lee cameo.

Too bad Stan Lee didn't make any sixty-year-old superheroes that he could cast himself as.

Not yet, anyway. Making up random, unnecessary super heroes for third party licensers seems to be his hobby these days, though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
Duck at 3:45PM, Aug. 15, 2006
(offline)
well with the upcoming Stan Lee meets series, you never know, it could breed a Stan Lee movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
marine at 6:51PM, Aug. 15, 2006
(offline)
Nick Cage, actor for hire, is easily one of the greatest contemporary actors. He's in the same leauge as Johnny Depp or De Niro as far as I'm concerned. He's portrayed everyman characters in nearly every film he's been in, even when he was playing something that didn't need an every man. He's also played a burned out every man in a couple of really great movies (leaving las vegas, bringing out the dead) he also was in Con Air. Produced my the greatest man who ever lived ever, Bruchimer. Movies were garbage before Bruchimer decided to add more elaborate explosions and giant spider robots.

Nick Cage's movies are generally eithar really great or suck balls hard. I like movies that can be explained in a sentance or less (high concepts), and action movies like Con Air are perfect. Movies like National Treasure are about as awful as a teenage girl being anallymolested by her gay father. The Wicker Man remake looks good. Ghost Rider looks like Daredevil. Daredevil was pure eye gouging cinema (truely a blind-agenda pushing movie). The WTC movie is next years best picture. I don't care what else is relased this year, even a sequal to Evil Dead can't top a movie like WTC. Unless it was Snakes on a Plane. That movie looks like its pure fun, terrorism, and most of all Samual L Jackson yelling profanity.

Nicky Cage has been in something else good. I can't think of it, but I know it was memorable. It was where he faught John Travolta and switched bodies. I think it was called Body Switcher or something like that. A John Woo film if memory serves. It involved lots of explosions.

Nicholas Cage is the greatest american actor, hands down. His movies don't need to make sense. Hell he doesn't even have to act. He just shows up and says his lines, and he's done. Oh and Adaptation, he totally didn't act in that horribly unoriginal rip off of a movie eithar. Americans love him because he's shitty. We love all things that are shitty. Why else eat at pizza hut or mcdonalds?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved