Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

What to do about chapters with sub-chapters?
Bimbo_Zombie at 2:49AM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
I'm trying to decide how to set up my comic when it comes to chapters and story arcs.
I like to work in threes. With the plan I have now the story is set up into three books each with three parts. Each of the parts and books have their own story arc.

I'm telling you guys, this is a massive story. I'm not sure if just chapters is going to be enough. That's going to be a lot of chapters.

The only downfall to my plan: If I stick to it the first four pages of my comic will be title pages O.o and if I keep going there will be pages and pages of title in between each storyline.

Is there any way to get around this and to have something that is easy to navigate?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
skoolmunkee at 6:06AM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
Nine chapters doesn't sound like a lot. If you want to keep things organized just title them Book One: Chapter Two or Book Three: Chapter Three. As long as the other page names are kept simple (like ‘page 5’) then the longer title pages will stand out in the dropdown. Is that what you meant?

As for the title pages- you don't HAVE to do title pages you know. :) They don't actually add much to a comic in most cases. Or you can do a half-page title or a title ‘strip’ on top of the first story page if you want a visual indicator of the change.

Why would the first four pages of the comic need to be title pages? I don't really get why you would have ‘pages and pages of title in between each storyline’ either… just stick one title page at the beginning of each chapter?
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Bimbo_Zombie at 12:26PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
I don't mean “book three: chapter three”, I'm talking “Book three, part three, chapter three”. As I said this project is massive.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved