Media Megaforum

What TV shows are you following?
Genejoke at 8:18AM, April 26, 2011
(online)
Yep, share about the Tv shows you are currently watching regularly.

Game of thrones
2 episodes in and it's fuckin' brilliant. the casting is pretty strong throughout but Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister is an absolute joy to watch.

Camelot
Always liked the legend of arthur and this is shaping up to be one of the better interpretations of it. Certainly has elements of John Boormans “Excalibur” and the darker take works for it.

Supernatural
Entertaining enough and gives the wife something to drool over.

The walking dead
As it's being repeated on channel five it would be rude not to watch it. Not sure which is better this or game of thrones.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
JustNoPoint at 10:19AM, April 26, 2011
(online)
Supernatural
Though the apocalypse seasons ran it into the ground a bit I'm really enjoying this latest season. This is one of those shows that you simply enjoy to watch. It's not like a super favorite or horrible either. It's just got this nice (let me fill this hour for you) vibe. And it's engaging enough that I can't wait for each new episode.

On that note I am also following Supernatural The Animation which is an anime adaptation that so far has not been near as good but I keep watching it :P

House
I don't know why I keep watching this show. I guess it's just cause I've watched it for so long. It's hit or miss with more misses now for sure.

Dexter
I don't know if this counts since we are awaiting the next season, but this is probably my favorite show.

Glee
My girlfriend got me watching this one. But it's actually pretty good.

I'm currently re watching Star Trek Voyager and am in S2. DS9 might be the better show but I still think Voyager may trump DS9 because it has the Dr :P I'll probably watch DS9 again after I finish Voyager.

Walking Dead was awesome. Awaiting the next season of it as well.

I'll have to check out a few eps of Game of Thrones and Camelot
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
Genejoke at 10:27AM, April 26, 2011
(online)
Someone
House
I don't know why I keep watching this show. I guess it's just cause I've watched it for so long. It's hit or miss with more misses now for sure.

I forgot house, watch that too. the latest season has been a little of the boil but it's still a good show. Really hope the next season mixes things up a bit though as it has gotten a bit tired.
Hawk at 10:45AM, April 26, 2011
(online)
Breaking Bad - keeps getting postponed

Futurama - future unclear

Venture Bros. - future unclear.

I'm a sad, sad TV watcher with little to look forward to. Very little has arisen to replace the TV shows I used to watch (24, Flight of the Conchords, Avatar: The Last Airbender) and several things I used to watch have turned to crap.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:50PM, April 26, 2011
(offline)
Portlandia

The Whitest Kids U Know

Adventure Time

MAD

The Event/Traffic Light (well I've really only seen one episode…)

And I'd love to say I've been catching up on Community but I haven't.

Another one I saw a bit of was The Cape. God, that sucked so much…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
DAJB at 11:51PM, April 26, 2011
(online)
Thanks to Sky Atlantic beginning a number of old shows from Series 1, the list of programmes I'm watching has grown enormously of late! Current favourites include:

Game of Thrones - never liked Sean Bean, but he's great in this. He suits the old grizzled type much better than he played young heroes!

Boardwalk Empire - technically, this has finished for now, but I couldn't not mention it. Brilliant in every department!

The Sopranos - can't believe I didn't watch this first time round. Tony Soprano is deservedly an icon of our times!

Six Feet Under - another show I'm only just watching for the first time. Very sly sense of humour and its great to see Dexter still cutting people up even if they're already dead!

Doctor Who - I still can't believe Matt Smith has actually managed to follow in Tennant's footsteps and yet made the role so very much his own. If he sticks around long enough, I can see him being remembered as fondly as Tom Baker is today!

The Walking Dead - like Boardwalk Empire, this shouldn't really be here because it's finished. It was good, though!

Among the “not so great but still worth a watch” shows, I'm watching the remake of Hawaii Five-O and the remake of V. Just goes to show, not all remakes are disastrous!

Brit programmes that have now finished but were on my “must watch” list until very recently include Misfits (a kind of gritty British take on Heroes without one sympathetic character!) and Being Human, another odd show that never seemed quite sure if it was a drama or a sitcom but was worth watching either because or in spite of that. One of the two!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
blindsk at 1:29AM, April 27, 2011
(online)
For me it's:

Dexter

And that's about it. I might be somewhat in the same boat as Hawk where I am rarely impressed by a TV show these days. If anything, I'm more inclined to look for a decent web show or just move to playing video games instead.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Genejoke at 3:00AM, April 27, 2011
(online)
Dexter is one of those shows I think I would like but have never seen. One of my mates has threatened to lend me the box set of the first season though.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved