Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What would you do with a wish.
Ozoneocean at 7:18PM, June 6, 2007
(online)
marine
I wish
Awww. Sad story… And you're really good at that style you stared with Vin-head too now.
you really do remind me of Snake.

This thread reminds me of the excellent song from Run Lola Run (Lola Rennt)
Warning, gratuitous quoting of song lyrics, avert your eyes NOW:

I wish I was a hunter in search of different food
I wish I was the animal which fits into that mood
I wish i was a person with unlimited breath
I wish I was a heartbeat that never comes to rest

I wish I was a stanger who wanders down the sky
I wish I was a starship in silence flying by
I wish I was a princess with armies at her hand
I wish I was a ruler who'd make them understand

I wish I was a writer who sees what's yet unseen
I wish i was a prayer expressing what I mean
I wish I was a forest of trees that do not hide
I wish I was a clearing no secrets left inside

End lyrics quote!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
herio at 9:22PM, June 6, 2007
(online)
to be the best i can be th real me

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
mlai at 9:57AM, June 7, 2007
(online)
I like Marine's post. T'was entertaining.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
SeriousQuiche at 2:20PM, June 7, 2007
(offline)
A Vespa…just because I've wanted one since I was like 13. :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
silent_but_eggy at 10:51PM, June 7, 2007
(offline)
bubble gum, lots and lots of bubble gum
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
Lonnehart at 7:25AM, June 8, 2007
(online)
One wish, eh? Well, then…
I would wish for… er… um….

Darnit! I wish I could remember what I wanted to wish for!

*wish granted*

%$#&!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Aeon at 11:07AM, June 8, 2007
(online)
Teleportation! Seriously. That's all I want. The ability to teleport anywhere. And none of this wussy side-effect shit, like not being able to take people with you, or moving further in time the further the distance teleported, or having to know the coordinates of the place you're ‘porting to in order not to ’port into the middle of a wall. No, no, no. teleportation with JUST ENOUGH subconcious omnipotence to be able to avoid all those consequences.

Not that I've thought a lot about this or anything…. But man. How cool would it be? I could just pop on over to Berlin. Drink some beer, watch some opera, pop over to Australia and sit on the beach for a while, up to Japan for some sushi, back home to visit my mom, back to NYC and sleep in my own bed at the end of the day. No jet lag, no pricey plane tickets… Beautiful.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
kyupol at 9:42PM, June 8, 2007
(online)
To not exist.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Flamen Tenebrarum at 4:09PM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
I was going to wish for death at first, death without having to be reborn, death and being with my Goddess, so as my tasks on Earth are all complete and I will never have to come back anymore. But then I realised that I have a better idea.

I want to be perfect.
I want knowledge and beauty and power and goodness and strength of heart and wisdom - I want perfection. If I had that, I could easily finish all the work I have to do here on Earth, and I could finally die and never would have to come back. And besides, being perfect, I would never do anything wrong in the meanwhile, and I would be able to serve the purposes of my Goddess a lot better. Which is, basically, the sole reason of my existence. Also I could help people much better.

(When I said “…and power” I meant it not in the sense that I want to be a great and important person, I meant it as in magical power. I want my magic to be ultimately strong. Not as imperfect as it is now. And when I said “beauty”… that might seem insignificant, but it's just… not. I belong to Hecate and everything that belongs to Her should be perfect in all ways. Including me…)

Not much chance that it will happen. But it would be nice. *sigh*
Why, nothing has happened to me. I am the one happening here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
Ozoneocean at 4:21PM, June 9, 2007
(online)
Aeon
Teleportation!
That's a good one ^^
But you don't want to teleport inside of someone by accident… Could get messy.
ZeroVX at 4:21PM, June 11, 2007
(online)
Flamen Tenebrarum
I was going to wish for death at first, death without having to be reborn, death and being with my Goddess, so as my tasks on Earth are all complete and I will never have to come back anymore. But then I realised that I have a better idea.

I want to be perfect.
I want knowledge and beauty and power and goodness and strength of heart and wisdom - I want perfection. If I had that, I could easily finish all the work I have to do here on Earth, and I could finally die and never would have to come back. And besides, being perfect, I would never do anything wrong in the meanwhile, and I would be able to serve the purposes of my Goddess a lot better. Which is, basically, the sole reason of my existence. Also I could help people much better.

(When I said “…and power” I meant it not in the sense that I want to be a great and important person, I meant it as in magical power. I want my magic to be ultimately strong. Not as imperfect as it is now. And when I said “beauty”… that might seem insignificant, but it's just… not. I belong to Hecate and everything that belongs to Her should be perfect in all ways. Including me…)

Not much chance that it will happen. But it would be nice. *sigh*

….er….uh…um…..

I am so sorry. I have absolutely no idea what to say to that.

Hand to God, I have no idea whatsoever.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 5:50PM, June 11, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
Duh: Magical power to make my own wishes come true.

It's the ultimate wish and the perfect get-out. You're not wishing for more than one wish, just reality altering power. In your scenario, the miraculous is possible, so there's no reason why that can't continue to be the case. In fact, it's pretty “natural” that it should be. ;)

Damnit! That's what I was going to say!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 5:55PM, June 11, 2007
(offline)
I wish some people (applying to others at my school) would just shut their mouths and not laugh at something that shouldn't be laughed at.

There we go.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
ProfessorF at 6:12PM, June 11, 2007
(offline)
$10 Million. If I've learned anything in my young adult life, it's that everything follows the dollars. You can make things happen with money that you couldn't make happen otherwise. I figure 10 mil would be enough to start my empire, because $1 Million just isn't that much money anymore, sadly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
StaceyMontgomery at 6:23PM, June 11, 2007
(offline)
well, I was going to change my answer to “1 trillion dollars” but the “perfect” thing sounds good to me. I think “perfect” would suit me, you know?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:55PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 10:10PM, June 11, 2007
(offline)
I wish I could pause/unpause time all I want, and I wouldn't age with time paused.
only problem with this is food… groceries are pretty expensive… OH! I can pause time and rob grocery stores! YAY!

so anyway, time-pausing and unpausing.

I would pause time for like five years. and just do whatever I want. ^_^!!! I'd write novels and comics and learn how to play instruments and read and watch movies!!

this is the fantasy that makes me weak-kneed! of course it contains immortality, too!! I could just pause time for like 500 years, learn everything ever, become an insane genius-master at art…!!!
and I wouldn't have to worry about chores, schoolwork, or working!! I wouldn't have to worry about financial aid, about “socializing”, or anything!!!

I think my wish pwns everyone else's wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**EDIT** actually, if I fell into a ravine whilst time was paused, and broke my neck or something, then would time remain paused forever?? hmm don't wanna ruin the fabric of space and time– I hear it's dry-clean only. XD!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
Memmy at 12:12AM, June 12, 2007
(offline)
1 million? 10 million? Trillions? Honestly people, dont you read some of old stories like Brother Grimms tales?

I would wish for a purse of infinte amount of money. Whenever money I need to pay, I will get the exact amout out of it… Any currency! Then I can buy foods, housing, medications, support research for people who needs it! No strings attached.

And oh… Its only attuned to me. Cant risk greedy hands on it. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
whiterabbit at 2:13PM, June 12, 2007
(online)
AQua_ng
I would wish for a perfect life. And my life wouldn't be perfect unless I'm safe in the knowledge that everyone else's lives are perfect.

Hey! That's my wish! At least the first part is…
Aging is compulsory, maturity is optional.

Kazei 5: Rebirth. Go on. You know you want to click it…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:49PM
ccs1989 at 6:52PM, June 12, 2007
(online)
I think I'd go for all of Superman's powers, but have it be sort of thought based so I could turn off the powers when I want to cut my hair or something like that.

So yeah, flight and all that. Cliche, but awesome.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
fern at 8:20PM, June 12, 2007
(online)
I wish… to say something funny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
legendkiller13 at 4:39PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
…hmmmmmm…..become God. yea that sounds good :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Ozoneocean at 5:21PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
A Trillion? Man… Way to ruin the world economy! With Money wishes you're really limited to logic, since money has to exist in a logical framework in order to work. SO you're better off wishing you won 100 million in a lottery- that's about the extreme when it comes to lotteries I think? And your money would still be worth 100 million. in that case ;)
-Whereas, with a trillion out-of-thin-air or infinite-money, the value would tend to decrease. I think.

I always wanted enough to build a battleship, but those cost about a billion so that's out of the league of easy-money wishes… Hmm the US has a lot of old ones to spare so I could just wish someone would give me one and fix it up for me :)
Then all I'd need would be a crew… anyone want to join? All aboard for the good ship Ozone-Ocean! Our first objective is the Scientologist Seaforce fleet!
Lonnehart at 6:07PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
My ultimate wish is to have the ability to use “The Art” as depicted in the video game series “Myst”. Think of it. The ability to write a book about a world, then to be able to go to the world you wrote about…

If you don't understand I suggest you go do some research about the Myst game series. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon