Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What would you do with super powers?
patrickdevine at 11:40AM, Nov. 2, 2009
(online)
I'd think that invincibility would be really cool. I'd be a pretty lousy superhero just because I wouldn't be able to do anything impressive except not die or get injured. The cool thing would be I could stop the bank robbery by getting the robbers to use all their bullets on me, and I could stop the supervillain just by surviving things that were supposed to kill me. That's my hypothetical comic book life.
If I'm just running around being invincible I'd probably just start putting myself in dangerous situation for fun.
Telekinesis would be really awesome too. It's a great power for scaring the shit out of people. If I got telekinesis I'd probably be more of a supervillain just because I figure I'd enjoy my powers more that way.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Lonnehart at 3:36PM, Nov. 2, 2009
(online)
patrickdevine
I'd think that invincibility would be really cool. I'd be a pretty lousy superhero just because I wouldn't be able to do anything impressive except not die or get injured. The cool thing would be I could stop the bank robbery by getting the robbers to use all their bullets on me, and I could stop the supervillain just by surviving things that were supposed to kill me. That's my hypothetical comic book life.
If I'm just running around being invincible I'd probably just start putting myself in dangerous situation for fun.
Telekinesis would be really awesome too. It's a great power for scaring the shit out of people. If I got telekinesis I'd probably be more of a supervillain just because I figure I'd enjoy my powers more that way.

Wow… why do people think total invincibility (the ability to NEVER EVER DIE no matter what) is useless? If you ever got around to it you could travel the world learning all the martial arts there is as you wouldn't die from aging. You'd be a powerful superhero because of the skills you trained over time plus the skills you learn on the job.

*sigh* Mr. Immortal from the Marvel Comics gig has so much potential, but he's dragged down by his own self doubt… Or maybe not… he IS the leader of a group of misfits like himself…. except that Squirrel Girl is not much of a misfit (she took on some very dangerous villains and her only real ability is to talk to squirrels)…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
XanderXeroFiasco at 11:47PM, Nov. 2, 2009
(online)
im glad i donthavany cuz i would probably harm alot of people
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
Ozoneocean at 2:03AM, Nov. 3, 2009
(online)
Spideytheking
choose ONE: Electric, Super Strength, and invincibility, fire, super Agility, and reflexes, Teleportation, or to be super smart) powers what would you do would you be good bad neutral and why Also where would you get your costume from (if you want one)
The answer is obvious- Invincibility.
I'm already super smart :)

Teleportation is awesome though, so I'd have to hook up with someone who had that ability.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
kyupol at 5:51PM, Nov. 3, 2009
(online)

I want the power to heal myself and others and make it contagious.

What to do with it?

Keep developing it until a point where every human I touch (or come within 100 meters) experiences a profound healing. In a way that the evolution of their soul gets accelerated.

Because of the acceleration of soul evolution, the person may experience slight inconveniences for about a week to a few months such as:
- increased need to sleep and lie down
- diarrhea
- constipation
- flu-like symptoms
- unexplained muscle pains
- increased mood swings

And also a few positive results in the end…
- increased need to go outside and get fresh air
- increased need to exercise
- weight loss (or gain… whatever makes them healthier)
- sudden urge to drop destructive habits like drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.
- dietary changes to a diet that takes in less meat
- increased need to expand their intellect and spiritual awareness
- and so on.

Because if everyone's soul evolution reaches a high point, that will be the END to a majority of the world's problems.
- No more war
- No more crimes based on greed, personal gratification, and the need to control their fellow man.
- Poverty will drop to a very low point or possibly eliminated.
- No more totalitarian regimes and any semblance of any police state. Regimes like China, Iran, North Korea, Russia, United Kingdom, California, Mexico, Venezuela, Cuba, Zimbabwe, etc… would all collapse or be forced to give more freedom to their people through lowering taxes and massively decreasing the size of government bureaucracy.
- No more destruction of the environment. No more monopolies of Big Oil, Big Pharma, and other cartels. As a result of the free market, green technologies will arise. As a result of the lack of need to control, no more chemtrailing, fluoridating the water, vaccines, GMO foods, etc…
- No more overpopulation problem. As we'd be taking it to the stars. There is space in the universe for every one to live in abundance.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
crocty at 6:50PM, Nov. 3, 2009
(offline)
EDIT: o ok nevermind. I'll find something else to insult you on…
Let's see…

kyupol
- No more overpopulation problem. As we'd be taking it to the stars. There is space in the universe for every one to live in abundance.
NICE MISUSE OF THE WORD ABUNDANCE, SIR.

Wait dictionary.com gave the wrong definition…
Okay fine, I'll simply find something else.

kyupol
You're crazy.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Aurora Borealis at 7:46AM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Less meat? that's crazy… why not just have a power to affect vegetables so that they loose their ugly earthly stink and start tasting like chicken. Yeah, that'd be great.

I'd like some kind of morphing ability? You know, so I could change appearance. Would I use it for good? Maybe. Evil? Nah, don't like hurting people. Personal gain? Sure, why not. :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Inkmonkey at 10:38AM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
kyupol
Because of the acceleration of soul evolution, the person may experience slight inconveniences for about a week to a few months such as:
- increased need to sleep and lie down
- diarrhea
- constipation
- flu-like symptoms
- unexplained muscle pains
- increased mood swings

Your posts are always packed to the gills with crazy, but there's just something doubly nutso about how your “perfect world through the convoluted use of abstract superpowers” is complex enough to actually have side-effects…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
Ozoneocean at 3:49PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
lo! Chemtrails etc.
If Kyupol didn't exist we'd have to create him. :)

I know. I want the power to make rissoles the way my mum does. Those are fricken delicious and I want some now!
Lonnehart at 4:17PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
lo! Chemtrails etc.

I know. I want the power to make rissoles the way my mum does. Those are fricken delicious and I want some now!

I got this really odd feeling that if you could, you'd get your hands on Inspector Gadget's hat…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
patrickdevine at 4:24PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
ozoneocean
lo! Chemtrails etc.

I got this really odd feeling that if you could, you'd get your hands on Inspector Gadget's hat…
Hey, who wouldn't want Inspector Gadget's hat?

Aurora Borealis
Less meat? that's crazy… why not just have a power to affect vegetables so that they loose their ugly earthly stink and start tasting like chicken. Yeah, that'd be great.
As long as you leave my vegetables alone.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
ThePriestess at 11:45PM, Nov. 5, 2009
(offline)
Either teleportation, or reading minds. I wouln't use them for good or evil, per se, just to get done what I want to get done.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
Ozoneocean at 12:38AM, Nov. 6, 2009
(online)
patrickdevine
Hey, who wouldn't want Inspector Gadget's hat?
I'd prefer his groinal powers… “Go-go gadget peni…”
ThePriestess
I wouln't use them for good or evil, per se, just to get done what I want to get done.
Functionally that's pretty much what evil is.
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:40PM, Nov. 9, 2009
(offline)
LAZER EYES TO BLOW UP WALMART. Then some kind of shape-shifting to be Obama. That'd take care of the problems with the economy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
mlai at 7:21AM, Nov. 10, 2009
(online)
I can't believe that 1 of the powers isn't Immortality (which I would have picked, for the simple goal of NOT DYING). I'm too young to stress over a natural death, but not young enough to forget that in a few decades everybody dies. Do any of you really not mind dying? Think about that.

And I won't assume that Invincibility has Immortality attached.

Other than that… I would pick supergenius as power. Teleportation? I can just invent my own device. Talk to computers? I can hack into the offshore accounts of all the despicable fatcats of the world without having to talk to computers, and my techniques would be so advanced that I'd never be caught. Hell, eventually I'll invent my own immortality serum.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
bravo1102 at 8:05AM, Nov. 10, 2009
(offline)
Just one big problem with being a Super genius:

And remember not to order from Acme.

I'd go for super-strength and invulnerablilty and dress in a blue outfit with antenna and walk around saying “SPOON!”

Seriously though how can you top a natty suit, a bowler hat, a sword cane and drive around in a Bentley?

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
mattboy115 at 12:34AM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
Remember that episode of Family Guy where they all got super powers? I want what Peter had! And I would do all the stuff he did and more! Hehehe. I'm Gene Shalit, now!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:55PM
XanderXeroFiasco at 10:16PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(online)
i want the powers to spell right
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
bravo1102 at 11:23PM, Nov. 11, 2009
(offline)
XanderXeroFiasco

Vocabulary Man or Grammar Girl?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
sakebento at 1:31PM, Nov. 14, 2009
(offline)
bravo1102
XanderXeroFiasco

Vocabulary Man or Grammar Girl?
“The Spelling Bee.” Complete with black and yellow striped costume and an annoying habit of drawing out all the ‘z’s in his or her speech.

e.g. “What wazzzzzzzzzzzzz all that noizzzzzzzzzzzzze?”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
Queen Simia at 3:40PM, Nov. 14, 2009
(online)
What, no flying? I guess teleportation could cover the travel aspect, but I've always wanted to be able to ride the wind currents and go zipping around city streets.

Edit: Ah, that's what I get for reading a quote instead of the OP. Still, flyin' y'all.

I suppose fire powers would be awesome, too, and with enough manipulation I could probably become airborne with them.

They probably wouldn't like me too much in California, though. :<
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:58PM, Nov. 14, 2009
(offline)
I need to make 5 more posts so I can get the 100 posts trophy so I'm giving myself some more superpowers

The power to play with someone's thoughts. The power to become Chuck Norris. The power to sing like Jigglypuff. The power to be awesome. The power to light things on fire whenever I want to. The power to be my enemy. The power to have powers. The power to be a cartoon character…

Dang I ran out of ideas for powers…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
worldwillshout at 7:43AM, Nov. 16, 2009
(offline)
XanderXeroFiasco

We could all use that!
Cupcakes are the Devil!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
ERasER at 7:59AM, Nov. 16, 2009
(online)
worldwillshout
XanderXeroFiasco

We could all use that!
Grammar-man to the rescue!!!
BackSeat Gamers
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
worldwillshout at 8:07AM, Nov. 16, 2009
(offline)
ERasER
worldwillshout
XanderXeroFiasco

We could all use that!
Grammar-man to the rescue!!!

Grammar man…can you do my term paper?
Cupcakes are the Devil!
ERasER at 8:37AM, Nov. 16, 2009
(online)
worldwillshout
ERasER
worldwillshout
XanderXeroFiasco
Sorry he can't read
BackSeat Gamers
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
worldwillshout at 3:08PM, Nov. 16, 2009
(offline)
ERasER
worldwillshout
ERasER
worldwillshout
XanderXeroFiasco
Sorry he can't read

Life does not make sense anymore.
Cupcakes are the Devil!
Twitch McGee at 3:48PM, Nov. 16, 2009
(offline)
I would want the power to blow peoples minds with my awesomeness. I wouldn't need a costume cause whatever I wear would be my costume. I wouldn't be good or evil cause my awesomeness would bring both world peace and world wide destruction and death.
Twitch tested, Twitch approved
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
Saxton at 8:01PM, Nov. 16, 2009
(online)
I would have
The power of
The Truth

So when people get into
An argument or something,
I can just point at them
And be all like

“BAM! TRUTH RAY”

And they would
Suddenly know
The truth

And if they
Can't handle The Truth
Their heads explode

And my name would be
“The Truth” also
“EVERYBODY: They all love to listen to the pretty music. But nobody hears my therapy bled upon this paper. It translates only to a catchy tune to you but I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves. You fake like you know it so well, so tell me what this song is about.
Maybe girls? Maybe God? Maybe how we all moved on and all sold out? And I'm glad you got us figured out”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
SeriousQuiche at 10:29PM, Nov. 16, 2009
(offline)
My super powers are my two magical guns given to me by the Magical, Ageless Rock Star, David Bowie, after I saved his life from the hordes of screaming fangirls. They can turn into any non-lethal gun, rendering them completely harmless, unless I throw them at you, or pummel you with them. Then they might hurt.
My costume is an epic pinstripe suit and fedora with a lone ranger mask.
I am a hero, because David Bowie's powers should be used for the betterment of society.(No Venture Brothers Jokes. Although I love that show.)

My superhero name is “Ginger the Kid” due to my all-natural ginger hair.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon