Media Megaforum

what's the most depressing song ever?
PhatScurl at 6:42PM, March 16, 2007
(offline)
Whiskey Lullaby

…omg, this song can ruin anybody's day. It's probably because of that song that i stopped listening to country. Man, the artists had to be like

hey im gonna write a song that is so depressing it'll make you hate yourself everytime you hear it. Awrighty then, how about there's a guy and a girl, and they dated for awhile and then broke up. The guy gets all depressed gets drunk and then shoots himself. The girl feels it was her fault, and does the EXACT SAME THING. O and there's a willow tree, the most metaphorically depressing tree EVER!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
ccs1989 at 7:55PM, March 16, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
Only Gary Jule's version of Mad World. That's depressing.
The Tears for Fears original is more poppy, but somehow much more complex because of it…
-both version are great. :)

Yeah, I thought of Mad World when I saw this topic. The thing with Gary Jule's version is it works better with the Donnie Darko film, but the original song is actually better to listen to. The song for the movie is just too overwhealmingly depressing. I like it, I just couldn't listen to it a bunch of times in a row.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
lothar at 3:22AM, March 17, 2007
(online)
yea that was the best part of the movie
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved