Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?
Ochitsukanai at 6:56PM, April 24, 2009
(online)
In my recent dream, people were often deemed imperfect by the city government for no good reason and rehabilitated. “Rehabilitation” meant living at a nature camp for a month, then being sent into society in a controlled way, then released. This went in cycles so everyone would have a chance, since no one was perfect. I was deemed imperfect on the grounds of not socializing enough.

I noticed a young boy being bullied by some other kids upon arriving at the camp, so I shouted to make them disperse and tried to talk to the kid, but realized that he was autistic. He began to follow me around. Even though he couldn't stand touch and was nonverbal, I immediately became attached to him with a mindset like “This is my child! It's us against the world!” I even brought him with me on the train when I was transferred.

The new place was a motel. We were placed on the third floor with two violent children who started bullying him because he was nonverbal. There was a hole in the floor with only a loose orange plastic net covering it. While their parents weren't looking, the kids started playing on it. If I did nothing, they would surely be injured or killed. But they'd harmed my child; I knew they wouldn't get any better.

And so I decided that I would allow it to continue, but so as not to actually see the result, I would wait outside until ambulances arrived. During this wait, I woke up.

It's neither the first nor the last of my “moral quandary” series of dreams. I'm not sure whether I fail them or not. o_O

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 7:21PM, April 24, 2009
(offline)
I was on a sail boat in the middle of the ocean. It was calm. Beautiful. But then mutated water zombie things attacked me. I was then saved by godzilla.

Am I going crazy?
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
LadyThru at 7:47PM, April 24, 2009
(offline)
I have two weird ones..the happy one isn't so weird, but I like talking about my dreams.

The unhappy one:
I'm at my old house, except I'm not a few years younger. My whole family, people from my hometown and my current town, are kind of hanging out in the street, having a good time. I'm having an okay time when everyone kind of forms a ring. The ring didn't mean anything, nor was it creepy. They're still talking and everything, they just happen to form a ring. Anyways, the Jeepers Creepers guy flies down, and it's like I'm the only eprson that can see him. I'm freaking out while everyone talks, and he ahs a baby in his hands. He throws the baby down on the road, and instead of splatting, it bounces, and the bounces are the most disturbing things I have ever seen. I look around to my family, crying and whatnot, but nobody notices. I turn to my mom and start asking for help and panicking, while the baby lies there crying. She just shakes her head and says something, and goes abck to talking.
At this point I wake up and start crying.
That was still weird to type.

The happy one:
I wasn't the main character, but this girl and boy were. (I dreamed this in anime, btw.) The girl was the geenral happy type, blonde, etc, and she ahd a sword, and the boy was an emo-ish person that had plant pwoers, and they were friends. They were in one of those anime schools that teaches children how to have epic battles (:D). They were on a school trip to a church, and they were each given some kind of fortune by a preist. The preist saw good thing in the girl, bla bla, but he skipped the boy. This disturbed the boy a lot, and when he went to sleep that night, some demon girl that kind of resembled his friend offered to help him get stronger, etc. He went with her (to some dark place), but hadn't decided yet.
The next day, the church is atacked, and a bunch of side characters appear (each clearly defined, with their own weapons and personalities, like the main charecters), and fight off a demon. The girl helps, but she also tries to help her friend, whose been watching the whole time. He gets mad when she tries to talk to him, and he finally agrees to take the demon girl's help.
Right before you know he's going to go all 100% dark, Imma-keel-all-you, insane awesome, I wake up. :[
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Sea_Cow at 8:17PM, April 24, 2009
(offline)
A recent dream I had centered around some tense confrontation between me and some guy seeking revenge against me or some shit like that. Eventually, he shot me in the face. It then switched into Halo death scene mode, and I watched my body drop to the ground. I woke up with a pretty bad headache after that.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
kyupol at 11:37PM, April 24, 2009
(online)
I had a dream last night that I'm a girl (I'm really a guy in this life). And its a fight dream and I had a considerable amount of superhuman strength and speed.

Then I woke up as I watched myself sink in quicksand.

Damn.

Opposite gender and fight dream in one.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
herio at 5:08AM, April 25, 2009
(online)

i say yes

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
webcomics heh at 10:04AM, April 28, 2009
(offline)
I had myself a tripped out nut-scratcher the other night that was so packed with potent psychic imagery it would have made Carl Jung run home crying to his mama and he'd jump into Mozart's grave and cuddle his corpse for comfort. Seriously it's like my brain was smoking some serious bawls or something. Called Luis in the middle of the night and had him do a comic about it. Check it out…

http://www.drunkduck.com/Smug_I_Could_Do/index.php?p=552014

Smug I Could Do
it's only the BEST webcomic. Heh.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
Boxtop at 2:17PM, April 28, 2009
(online)
I had a dream last night where I was playing a Gears of War/Serious Sam clone with headcrabs, and I was part of the action.

The only parts I remember are the part where I fell into a pit full of Locust and headcrabs (and I think Skaarj pupae for some reason), and running out of ammo because my aim sucked; and the part where I climbed up on top of a tower after rescuing some guys or something and gibbed flying demons with my shotgun before I woke up.
This Webcomic Is DEAD, so don't read it.

(Before you reply to anything I say, please see this)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
machinehead at 8:07PM, April 28, 2009
(online)
I had this crazy dream the other night that I was in the amazon or some jungly place trying to rescue my friends. It was allot like that movie Congo but without the apes. Anyway some Pigmi cannibal natives captured me and were deep frying me some how. It was pretty messed
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
Aurora Moon at 5:16PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
I had a rather strange dream…

I dreamed that I was the spokeswoman for Lysol, and I were on TV doing those ads for this new cleaning brand.

it started off fairly typical…

and then it broke out into an musical completely centered around cleaning and getting kids to learn how to clean better, since how this Lysol product was directed towards kids. and then there was this disclaimer/caution text floating above that said the following:

“Warning: this product may induce seizures, explosive diarrhea, blindness, impotency, tumor growths on your body, and death upon bodily contact of this product. keep out of the hands of kids!”

as I read this, I just stopped dancing and singing with the crew, and I asked: “Wait a minute… this is an cleaning produced geared at kids, to help them have fun cleaning… but this is unsafe for kids? and we have to keep this away from kids? okay, this doesn't make sense at all. And am I even getting paid for this at all?”

then somebody said to me: “lady, you're thinking way too hard. it's better not to think about those things, okay? as long as we all get paid, who cares?”

I woke up then with the feeling of: “uhhh… wtf?”
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Product Placement at 5:31PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
lol! Your subconscious has become a corporate sellout.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Aurora Moon at 7:37PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
lol! Your subconscious has become a corporate sellout.

apparently. :'(
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
Jonko at 8:51PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
My best recent dream was of the “fish company” that puts fish in the aquarium at my mom's work. I had a dream that they put a kitten in there and the kitten was frantically trying to swim. I took the cat out and asked why they'd put it in there. Their reply was that it was a cat fish.

It definitely wasn't a catfish…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Boxtop at 8:59PM, April 30, 2009
(online)
Have you guys had any horrible nightmares?

I had one where my dad tried to kill me by making me drink a bottle of Windex, but the person wasn't actually my dad; it was a friend's dad. I actually woke up thinking “WTF?” instead of “OMG!”

But that's not the worst of them.

This Webcomic Is DEAD, so don't read it.

(Before you reply to anything I say, please see this)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
LadyThru at 9:49PM, April 30, 2009
(offline)
herio
i say yes

I took this seriously for a few seconds. I thought all these people were insane, and then I saw ‘ONION’.
My bad.
Also, no. My dreams would be sooo boring without.

Edit:
HOW COULD I FORGET THIS ONE???????
The story of the drowning kitten reminded me of my most realistic dream ever.
It had a litle prolouge…a bowling ball came out of some darkenss and wacked me in the head. I actually woke up long enough to sit up and hit the top bunk with my forehead, then fall back asleep. (Effing stupid, my gawds.)
The real dream took place around two planters in a mall. (Planters are those rasied things with craploads of plants in them. I think only I say ‘planters’.) They were empty, and the only part of the mall I could see was an empty wall, the rest of it faded into darkness. There were always people, some sitting on the planter seats, some walking out of the darkness, across the stretch of space, and into it again, like there was nothing strange going on.
I jumped onto the closest empty planter, looked down into its bottomless depths, and jumped. I felt like I was dropping down a rollercoaster; it felt incredibly real, and it did make me feel sick. As I disappeared, “GAME OVER” flashed above the planter, adn suddenly I was back at my starting point.
I repeated this sickening process about 50 times, and woke up feeling like crap and crying a little. It wasn't sad, just “WHAT TH F*KING F*CK WAS THAT?”.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Product Placement at 10:02PM, April 30, 2009
(online)
LadyThru
I took this seriously for a few seconds. I thought all these people were insane, and then I saw ‘ONION’.
My bad.
Also, no. My dreams would be sooo boring without.
There are few things that pleases me more then going through Youtube videos of onion broadcasts and reading the comments of everyone who took those news seriously.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
jrmagill at 2:00PM, May 2, 2009
(offline)
I had the most amazing DREAM and I ACTUALLY turned mine into a published comic book - FOR REAL. Check out the FREE web version for 3 more days here at http://www.comicracy.com/COMICS/cont1entries/195_1/lemurian.php

Tell me what you think.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
Custard Trout at 2:05PM, May 2, 2009
(offline)
jrmagill
Tell me what you think.

I think you SHOULD stop spamming THE forums and capitalising RANDOM words.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Aurora Moon at 3:57PM, May 3, 2009
(offline)
I had the most bizarre dream with my two old buddies from high school in it. :P

I dreamt that I had just moved into this nice house, right? those said buddies had came over for an housewarming party and all that.

But apparently some sort of monster appeared outside. it was basically this giant head on tentacle legs, and apparently it's head would morph faces into the faces of the victims that it was looking for/hunting.

Allison had ran into the house, and then locked the front door just as I saw in the window some gigantic head with the face of Allison go past my window.

Allison then said to me: “We've got to get out of here! sooner or later it might learn how to open the doors even if they're locked, or break though the windows.”

I looked out the window, and the monster head had morphed it face to that of lisa's.

So we went around to locking the backdoor so that it couldn't get in, and then we went to the garage where some crazed hotshot driver in an helmet drove past us into the house and right into the hallway of my house.

I kept on looking for my shoes and my jacket so that I could leave, but I couldn't find them.

Lisa got annoyed with me at this point and said: “Come on, hurry! we only have 2 more minutes before the monster figures out how to get into the house.”

I just sighed, and told Lisa: “I can't help it if I can't find my shoes and jacket! don't rush me. Damnit, and I just had finally gotten my dream house!”

I looked back into the hallway where the crazy driver had droven into my house, to see if my shoes and jacket was there, and I couldn't help but notice that in the driver seat of the car there was now a giant teddy bear.

At this point I woke up.

The strangest part about this dream? Even though it was supposed to be in the future where I got my own house or something, My buddies and I all had our previous forms from when we were in high school…. werid, eh?
Ochitsukanai at 10:38PM, May 3, 2009
(online)
I fled to a cave to hide from a tornado. In the back of that cave, I found this girl who started telling me in excruciating detail about her anime fanart site. She also bragged about her drawings, then showed me a sketchbook full of anime drawings with elongated torsos and heads that were way too big. I smiled politely.

Her friend showed up with a PC and set it up in the cave, then showed us his work. It was really great. She criticized his depiction of light on some rocks, to which he responded “I'm not professional yet.” She boastfully proclaimed “Yeah, you've got a long way to go!”

She also asked me if I'd used Copic markers, and I replied “No, they're so expensive.” She said "I don't think most people even deserve them." Suddenly we were in a blank white room and she handed me a box of markers, saying something about how she did deserve them. I picked up a pink one and took off the cap. It resembled a marker, but was actually a hot pink toothbrush. I absentmindedly brushed my teeth with it, then spit out some marker ink.

Damn snobs and their marker-toothbrush hybrids. >:\ I can't escape people like that even when dreaming, I guess.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Lonnehart at 2:52AM, May 4, 2009
(online)

I just woke up from this weird dream. I travelled back in time and found the small pool of primordial soup that scientists keep talking about. I then felt a very powerful urge to satisfy an overfilled bladder and… well…

I then woke up and had to rush to the bathroom…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Scribe_Drizz at 5:16AM, May 4, 2009
(online)
This morning, I dreamt that I was Princess Peach. My friends were Mario, Luigi and Toad and we were very excited about a contest we heard advertised on the radio. After writing tons of entry forms and buying crates of Dr. Pepper soda to find the winning piece, I was very discouraged. I started to cry and Lucky Charms marshmallows came out of my eyes. Toad was sitting in my lap, eating them as they fell.

Then my Mario-friend tells us to cheer up; that he has a new plan. He mapped out the delivery routes for vending machine delivery trucks in the city. All we had to do was pull up alongside, board one and rob it. We mounted heavy machine guns onto dune buggies and a Jeep and drove out on the highway like modern-day stagecoach bandits. I still looked like Princess Peach, only I wore a red bandanna over my face. We robbed semi trucks at filling and weighing stations and had the trucks driven to a secret cave. Luigi and Toad were responsible for leading police on a wild chase wile Mario and I would search the cans for the winning piece. Luigi-friend had stolen an X-ray gun, so we could see the inside of each can without having to open it.

I kept saying, “What are we going to do with all of this soda? We can't just pile it up forever.” But no one listened until it was too late. Luigi and Toad were eventually caught on the run and I escaped out of the hideout with an X-ray gun when Mario got cornered by police in a castle built out of soda cans.

I decided to continue the operation by myself. I attached a winch to a Jeep, so I could still board a semi while it was towed along behind. The driver saw me in the rear-view and exited the highway; driving around a residential area made out of frosted cardboard trying to shake me off. I climbed into the truck and started scanning the cans quickly. Then the truck stopped and knocked me off balance. I tried to run away, but it was very difficult to maneuver around the stacked merchandise in the Princess dress. The doors opened and I was caught by two chubby truck-driving girls. I threw down my weapon and gave up. I started crying and saying, “I just wanted to win for once!” I had a lace-edged handkerchief with P.P. embroidered in pink in one corner. It was turning black from my mascara. The truck drivers felt bad for me and let me go just as the police were coming. I thanked them and gave them my crown and I floated away with an umbrella and I flew over the tiny red and blue lights.

Then I woke up.

I thought it was a strange dream because I really don't eat a lot of sugar and I don't drink soda unless I have a terrible stomach ache. Even then, it's never Dr. Pepper, but ginger ale.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Croi Dhubh at 11:55AM, May 4, 2009
(offline)
My constant nightmares and inability to sleep are back, so it leads to interesting shit…especially since it's also causing me to keep dreaming when my eyes are open at night and I'm sitting up in bed.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
RedNoseDog at 6:15PM, May 5, 2009
(offline)
My latest dream was similar to a zombie apocalyptic movie….. except the zombies were octopuses.

It started off with a mother and her baby on a bed, and then a tentacle ripped through their bed and impaled the baby… :/ Apparently the octopuses needed starch or something to survive but they were attacking everything. Near the end, I was in some house with a random family. We somehow figured out that the only way to kill all the octopus was with direct contact with sugar.

So were waiting for some octopuses to show up with life jackets on and sugar all over our hands. I looked out the door window and see an octopus drive up in a Mercedes. We jumped back and waited for it to burst through the door. Once it did we just grabbed tentacles with our sugar-y hands. I think it just disappeared after that. I looked outside the door window again no joke saw a white german shepherd walk off.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
Aurora Moon at 3:58AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
funny enough, I did have a interesting dream regarding zombies.

the weird thing about it was that it wasn't scary at all.

apparently the zombies would only go after things that moved. so if we tried our best to remain motionless and held our breath for a little bit until they passed us by, we would be fine.

apparently the zombies were so brain-dead that they were basically on autopilot… so to them anything that moved… meant that it had to be alive. so say it was some random object triggered to move like a machine, etc then they'd attack it, and attempt to eat it.

So it was like one weird game of “red light, green light”. every time the zombies turned around or something to look at me I would just freeze completely, and then they'd just walk past me or something like that.

And when they were looking at something else or gone away at an distance, I'd run like mad.

The group I was with did the same thing basically… and the plan we had was to get into a van outside the building we were in (which was the mall).

Soon as we finally got to the van, and got inside… we all drove off at full speed since how those stupid zombies were also the running type. too bad the fact that they were the running type didn't really make them scary at all due to the fact that they were so stupid. LOL

Anyway the dream ended when we all drove off.
RedNoseDog at 12:18PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Playing red light, green light with zombies sounds really fun.

But highly dangerous.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
Aurora Moon at 3:07PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
RedNoseDog
Playing red light, green light with zombies sounds really fun.

But highly dangerous.

yep. I'd hate to be the person who completely sucked at that game. :p
Aurora Moon at 9:46AM, May 10, 2009
(offline)
I had one of my epic fantasy dreams. I was starting to think I'd never have them again. :P

it started off with this glowing lady in white appearing in this little medival steam-punkish village that went by the name of Ayren. She was quite friendly to everyone and talked in an pleasant manner. However there was many in the town who didn't trust her at all… mainly because while she looked so pure on the outside, and her magic seemed the white kind… but still it was cold somewhat, and smelled of death. they had this gut feeling that told her that she was just some “death/dark magic” user disguised as an white mage.

And on top of it, she claimed to have came from the village of treabol … which was known for having many residents there who liked to prey on the innocents. She would claim this was just some unfortunate stereotyping put on the villagers there because of some historical battle.. that all of them weren't like that. however… the residents of Ayren slowly started to disappear one by one….

Then the scene changed arbutly, to this run-down looking throne room… everything was in ruins. even the King sitting on the throne seemed to be in compete tatters… from his ruined, torn clothing to his crown, which seemed to have became dirty.
He said,“I had the most disturbing dream… that what happened to our kingdom is about to start again in another country. Have my sacrifices to stop this great evil been in vain after all?”

At this point, I came forward to the king looking completely different than I do in real life. I had flowing long white hair, and I was dressed in this blue robe and had an blue blindfold over my eyes. despite the blindfold, I was able to see everything in perfect detail. I carried this glowing orb in my hands.

I then told the Tattered-king: “Your role was to weaken the great white lady in the war of the past. But now… the two lovers shall awaken to find themselves into this world, and therein they shall also awaken the 4 great dragons to take down the great white lady. being weakened, she shall be unable to stop them.”

The king sighed, and said: “Well, you're the seer. I trust you.” with that, I disappeared into thin air with a flash of light. At this point I could had sworn that the king muttered: “show off.”

Then the scene changed to a completely different setting again. this time in a much more modern world… aka the “real world”… There was this married couple having problems. and they were trying their best to assure their 7-year-old son that they would do their best to work out things and that they would only use divorce as an last resort. and that no matter what happened, the two of them would still love their son.
and then they sent their son off to stay with their grandparents for an month.

soon as they were alone, the two of them started to feel strange… they suddenly felt VERY tired, so they went to go upstairs to sleep in their bed. And then the next the thing they knew, they woke up to find themselves freezing on top of an snowy mountain!
Very confused and cold, the two decided that the best way to find out where they were was by getting off the mountain fast before they froze to death. plus, they saw lights and smoke at the bottom from the top view.

As they made their way down in their undies and pajamas, I woke up at this point. I tried to get back to sleep to see how the rest of it would go, but all I did was dream of some lame road trip with my parents that never happened.
umbledijum at 10:42AM, May 10, 2009
(offline)
i once dreamed that i got superpowers after eating a magical twinkie that my mom brought home.

…freaky…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM
Ozoneocean at 4:00AM, May 12, 2009
(online)
Aurora Moon
I had one of my epic fantasy dreams. I was starting to think I'd never have them again. :P
Awesome :)

I had an unfortunate dream…
I dreamt that one of my very drear friends had been raped and abused by a group of young men. She'd gone into hiding after that, but the young men were free.

I was enraged… I went to the umbrella stand in the hall where I keep my sabres (I really do), selected the smaller, lighter one, whipped it out and then went hunting.

I tracked the men down one by one and hacked them to death. One of them had his family to protect him, his uncle came out with a long, heavy, straight sword… He could fight a lot better than me, but I was furious, we spared and feinted and then I knocked the sword out of his hand and threatened him with death. he went away frightened, and so I was able to kill my target.
After that just one man remained. I couldn't find him though and that was really annoying me. :gem:

-dream ended…

For the recorded, I don't think that's a good way to deal with criminals, even ones that hurt your friends or family like that. My subconscious has a different opinion though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon