Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What's your oddest habit?
kingofsnake at 6:04AM, Feb. 16, 2007
(online)
you know in the three stooges when curly does that thing where he snaps with his right hand and with his left hand in quick succession and at the same time he brings his right fist into his left palm to make a quick succession of three snapping sounds.

I do that constantly.

like when I'm just walking around

And the best part is instead of my friends telling me how annoying it is, they've started doing it too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 1:21PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(offline)
WingNut
Alexis
I can't walk past a gumball-style vending machine, the kind they have in supermarkets full of small toys, without getting something.

I do that too! I have like 20 gazillion bouncy balls at home! The worst part about all this is the fact that we have one at the place where I work! Hahaha! :D

-W

omg me too~~ I hoard bouncy balls– I HOARD THEM, I tell you!!! And one time I was shopping and I passed by this homeless guy, and I had a quarter, but I could see a bouncy ball machine… He was like, “any spare change, PLEASEEE?” But I was like, “sorry man,” and bought a bouncy ball. In about ten minutes I had lost it– I like bouncing them as high as I can…. which means they bounce really far away sometimes.

Oh, I have the habit of walking like chess pieces on tiled floors– the worst one is being a pawn, because you have to move really slowly. Queens are by far the fastest method of walking, but it's just not as fun. (my all time fave is to walk like a knight– in an L shape~!!)
And I talk to myself too… and I punch the air a lot, but it's just a way of getting myself psyched for something. IDK why but it scares people. ^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 2:03PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(online)
I can only sleep lying on my left side. I can't sleep any other way.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM
suzi at 3:20PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(online)
hmm, I prefer sleeping towards walls. I am a bit of a claustrophile :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Will at 3:53PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(online)
i point at people constantly… no particular reason, i just point and glare at random people like the evil monkey on Family Guy.

i think it annoys everyone… but i dont care :P

i'm a claustrophile aswell, except when in crowds, that is horrible. Small rooms are fine though
Will
putting your own quote into your sig is the post pretentious and pathetic thing anyone could ever do.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:49PM
silentkitty at 4:09PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(offline)
I eat condiments. :[ If I get fast food or something, and they give me two ketchup packets, even if I don't use them on my actual food, I'll eat the ketchup afterwards with a spoon. Same goes for things like cream cheese and mayonnaise.

When I'm working or thinking, I also chew on my bottom lip obsessively to the point where I tear skin off. :[

I also do the walking-while-staring-at-the-ground thing. I'm rarely watching where I'm going while I walk - this is mostly because I'm terrible at making eye contact with people and will go to great lengths to avoid doing so. ..However in my quest to avoid accidentally making eye contact with a stranger, I often end up walking into them because I'm looking at the ground. But I do find a lot of pennies! lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
Ozoneocean at 4:28PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(online)
You're all weirdos…
Inkmonkey
I used to bite my fingernails as a kid. Now, though, I'm always cleaning them, especially when they get longer.
Eww. I could never bite my nails, but I did pick at them.

My bad habit is that when I have a hard time thinking about something or approaching a difficult idea, I obsessively trim my fingernails and then start on the skin around them when the nails are all done… so much so that they often bleed and it becomes too painful to touch or hold anything. It's a very bad habit. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
Green_Tangerine at 4:39PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(offline)
Speaking of nails…

I get a pedicure once a month, and it's always gotta be the same cotton-candy pink. When the salon I like stopped carrying my favorite color, I started bringing my own bottle of that shade. :D

I can't stand having a broken/chipped fingernail, I always have a nail file in my purse for ‘emergencies’ like that. Ooh, and I have this specific shade (basically clear with tiny pink sparkles) that I always wear because it's near-invisible, and I'm not supposed to wear nailpolish.

Down with the man!!!

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Shingo at 5:53PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(offline)
I scratch my “bottom” before I go to sleep, during my sleeping, and when I wake up. In fact, I got kicked out of my friend's house during a sleep over for scratching my butt uncontrollably during bedtime.

Hehe, they thought I had some sort of infection. lol!

I think I win the award for most weird.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 6:13PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(online)
Shingo
I think I win the award for most weird.

No, my earwax smelling habit is weirder.
Peipei at 7:34PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(offline)
I cough when i'm thinking too hard and i rub the back of my ear every 30 seconds or so :s

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
WingNut at 7:49PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(offline)
Hahah! Reading all these idiosyncracies makes me smile. :D

Ok, here's another amusing one for me. I make my own sound effects. Even a task as mundane as reaching for a pencil can be drastically enhanced by going “Fwoosh! Zwwoown! Pow Pow Pow! NnnneneeeeEEEEEEEE-PLOOOOOSH!!”

But this is usually because of the fact that my pencil inexplicably turns into an aeroplane. Who knew, right? :D

*Woosh!*

-W
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
suzi at 8:56PM, Feb. 16, 2007
(online)
I nominate this thread for “Best Thread Ever”.
mechanical_lullaby at 3:23PM, Feb. 17, 2007
(online)
wow… so many weird things…

um… sometimes when I'm listening to music at home, I'll randomly just run back and forth and back and forth.

I can't really think properly unless I'm walking at the same time.

Oh, and I've got you all beat. If I can't find any floss, I'll rip off a piece of my nail to pick out the stuff in my teeth. And when I say nail, I mean toenail because fingernails aren't long enough. MY FEET ARE CLEAN! … i really hope they are.

I also have this nasty little impulse to cut all my hair off whenever I get a compliment on it. That's a little bit too far into my psyche though. I stop now.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
Ozoneocean at 3:42PM, Feb. 17, 2007
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
I also have this nasty little impulse to cut all my hair off whenever I get a compliment on it.
You know you have really, really lovely hair mecha. Really. It's quite amazing. Such splendiferous, incredible, lustrous, stylish, attractive hair.
Rich at 9:41PM, Feb. 17, 2007
(online)
Odd habits eh? I personally like burning myself. I actually quite enjoy the feeling that burn wounds give off, especially as they are healing and are still nice and sore.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:07PM
Aurora Moon at 12:47AM, Feb. 18, 2007
(offline)
Rich
Odd habits eh? I personally like burning myself. I actually quite enjoy the feeling that burn wounds give off, especially as they are healing and are still nice and sore.

hmm. I like the feeling of hot heat on my flesh, although I don't go that far. ^^;;

although, I do have a habit of poking pins into my fingers sometimes… it doesn't hurt that much, as seeing I seem to have this slight numbness to pain..but I can still feel the pricks. I do this because I like this feeling, and somehow it just makes my body feel much more alive.

once when I cut off an mole that was bugging me with an big knife, I got an HUGE rush out of that. maybe I'm just an Masochist?
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
mechanical_lullaby at 4:17AM, Feb. 18, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
mechanical_lullaby
I also have this nasty little impulse to cut all my hair off whenever I get a compliment on it.
You know you have really, really lovely hair mecha. Really. It's quite amazing. Such splendiferous, incredible, lustrous, stylish, attractive hair.
Aahhhhh!!! NOOOOOO!

Ozoneocean at 4:29AM, Feb. 18, 2007
(online)
Rich
Mega Josh does that too o_O
mechanical_lullaby
Aahhhhh!!! NOOOOOO!
Time for Mecha to do a “Britney” with that wonderful hair of her's? ^_^
LIZARD_B1TE at 5:32AM, Feb. 18, 2007
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
Oh, and I've got you all beat. If I can't find any floss, I'll rip off a piece of my nail to pick out the stuff in my teeth. And when I say nail, I mean toenail because fingernails aren't long enough. MY FEET ARE CLEAN! … i really hope they are.

… Fine.

You outweirded me.
Crazy Dutchman at 10:53AM, Feb. 18, 2007
(offline)
Well, if this is a ‘being weird’ contest I'll be the winner for saying that I really like crossdressing. Never knew why, but I've actually always quite adored it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
suzi at 11:01AM, Feb. 18, 2007
(online)
mechanical_lullaby

Yeah, I do that too, finger- and toenails. In fact, 80% of why I still bite my nails is because I get food caught in my teeth and have no other way to deal with it. Then sometimes the nail gets stuck, and i have to get another one, and then they're all uneven so I have to bite the others to keep them the same length…

… … :|

*sits in the corner holding herself, rocking slowly*
Generic Human at 2:06PM, Feb. 18, 2007
(online)
I don't do anything really out of the norm of odd. At least, i don't think i do. Just the usual: biting my nails and all that. I do enjoy dancing when I'm home alone. And I talk to the tv when I'm watching it or playing a game, which really isn't a good thing, cause now I've started doing it while I'm watching movies with other people, and they seem to think it odd.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Kalira at 4:52PM, Feb. 18, 2007
(online)
Inkmonkey
Phantom Penguin
I have a fear and bad habit of not being able to sleep facing a wall.

Ditto

Me as well. I think it is a throwback instinct, so that no one can sneak up on your back while you're sleeping.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
mechanical_lullaby at 5:54PM, Feb. 18, 2007
(online)
suzi
mechanical_lullaby

Yeah, I do that too, finger- and toenails. In fact, 80% of why I still bite my nails is because I get food caught in my teeth and have no other way to deal with it. Then sometimes the nail gets stuck, and i have to get another one, and then they're all uneven so I have to bite the others to keep them the same length…

… … :|

*sits in the corner holding herself, rocking slowly*

FINGERNAIL USERS UNITE!!!

WingNut at 5:56PM, Feb. 18, 2007
(offline)
Generic Human
And I talk to the tv when I'm watching it or playing a game, which really isn't a good thing, cause now I've started doing it while I'm watching movies with other people, and they seem to think it odd.

Hahaha! My Girl does that too, I have to remind her that the tiny man in the television can't hear her. ;)

-W
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
skets at 7:35PM, Feb. 18, 2007
(online)
Someone

And I thought I was the only one. :D

Also, people were saying they pace to think. I sit on the toilet to think. I also like to read there and will often go to the toilet, not to let anything out of me, but just to think or read.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
jgib99 at 9:53PM, Feb. 18, 2007
(online)
Aurora Moon
I like to pace around my apartment to get my thoughts in process. it just helps me think. I do this too when I daydream about random stuff.

I pace around my home when I'm thinking of story ideas.

Another odd habit. I often wear unusual hats/headgear when drawing (My personal faves are a viking helmet and a wrestling mask).
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 8:49AM, Feb. 19, 2007
(online)
jgib99
Aurora Moon
I like to pace around my apartment to get my thoughts in process. it just helps me think. I do this too when I daydream about random stuff.

I pace around my home when I'm thinking of story ideas.

I act out stories when I'm thinking of story ideas.
HybridLemonade at 7:01PM, Feb. 19, 2007
(offline)
I tend to have a strange habit/phobia(?) with people in pictures. I can't have them looking at me, I always cover them up or turn the frames around. Hahahaha
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon