Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What's your oddest habit?
Aurora Moon at 7:41PM, Feb. 19, 2007
(offline)
HybridLemonade
I tend to have a strange habit/phobia(?) with people in pictures. I can't have them looking at me, I always cover them up or turn the frames around. Hahahaha

the same for me, only expect that is only for when I go to the bathroom. or get naked. I can't shower, go to the loo or get naked if there's pictures with people looking like they're staring at me.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
HybridLemonade at 8:00PM, Feb. 19, 2007
(offline)
Aurora Moon
HybridLemonade
I tend to have a strange habit/phobia(?) with people in pictures. I can't have them looking at me, I always cover them up or turn the frames around. Hahahaha

the same for me, only expect that is only for when I go to the bathroom. or get naked. I can't shower, go to the loo or get naked if there's pictures with people looking like they're staring at me.
hhaha

yeah same.

I wonder why that is?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
that kid yellow at 8:14PM, Feb. 22, 2007
(online)
poping my neck
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
TheTopHat at 8:40PM, Feb. 22, 2007
(offline)
Not that old but if i see a puddle of water i have to jump in it. I CAN'T HELP IT!
or running few fountings. I must like water.

and im the only person i know who can't ware traners. i go running in boots (light ones though)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Freux at 12:41AM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
I like to shovel reeeally really spicy ramen into my mouth as fast as I can until my eyes water.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
Kalira at 2:35PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
I can't resist jumping off things, or climbing up/on top of them and then jumping down. Things like my house, or balconies, trees, walls etc. My family is amazed that I've not broken any bones, or my neck yet.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
fern at 10:58PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
making suicide strips.

or not giving any movies by josh hartnett a chance.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
Chris chris at 11:02PM, Feb. 24, 2007
(online)
:D This is fun.

A few things like checking the refridgorator for no appearant reason. I use to shake my head randomly… and argue wth myself in loud conversations. (My friends would watch and listen to us.)

But I think the weirdest of all my habbits is this: When I draw the Boogey Dancing, I often st there with all the expressions of each character ofthe panel i'm drawing. Like if one is happy, I'm smiling. If one s angry I look really angry. When sad, I want to curl up and cry. People can see all sorts of expressions I can pull just but watching me draw. My friends love watching me draw. >.>;;
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:42AM
Volte6 at 12:10PM, Feb. 28, 2007
(online)
suzi
Whenever I'm stepping on tiles or bricks, I pay attention to the “diagonals” between corners, or other patterns depending on the tiles design(not actually physically there) and either avoid them or step on them in patterns. Whenever I'm on the phone in my kitchen, I follow specific walking patterns while I pace.
I have a similar one… wherever there are flat lines in any environment, I picture like… i dunno, a ball or beam ( like arkanoid ) bouncing off of those surfaces and redirecting to wherever it goes to, and boucning there. It's a weird near-subconscious thing… And related to that (this one is much weirder), whenever I walk or drive and there are i dunno… patterns… for example, the broken white lines dividing lanes, or lamposts, or anything, I tend to find a pattern or rhythm and kind of… ‘bite’ my teeth together on that side (kind of clicks in my head), so it goes like ‘left, right, left, right’… sometimes it becomes a whole complex rhythm though…

I think it's weird.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:43PM
WingNut at 12:15PM, Feb. 28, 2007
(offline)
Chris chris
But I think the weirdest of all my habbits is this: When I draw the Boogey Dancing, I often st there with all the expressions of each character ofthe panel i'm drawing. Like if one is happy, I'm smiling. If one s angry I look really angry. When sad, I want to curl up and cry. People can see all sorts of expressions I can pull just but watching me draw. My friends love watching me draw. >.>;;

I do this to! I really think it helps to make the same expressions your characters are, it certainly helps me. I even have a mirror above my drawing desk that I consult at times! :D

My friends love watching me draw too, because I talk to myself, and (as you could probably tell by my comic) I make some funky expressions. ;D

-W
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
AQua_ng at 12:18PM, Feb. 28, 2007
(offline)
I sang ‘She’s a maniac' out loud in school with my friends. In the pouring rain. I was drenched. Not a habit, but odd nonetheless.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:55AM
Aurora Moon at 6:20PM, Feb. 28, 2007
(offline)
I have this habit that I do before I go to bed… I have to do this or else I can't sleep.

I block out every possible sources of light, by covering it up… inducing my digtal clock, etc…

because I like to sleep in total darkness. pitch black is so comforting to me at times. if there's even a single source of light.. even if it isn't even bright at all but just very faint and dim… then I can't sleep at all.
I've even covered my bedroom window competely with tinfoil to block out sunlight or the moonlight/streetlamp lights for this reason. for extra mestures, I even have this thick heavy curtain over the tinfoil-covered window. because sometimes the tinfoil isn't perfect.
I just don't want any light, period.

I also has this habit of wanting my room to be at an certain temperate, where it's very exemetely warm so that I'm very toasty warm, so that I can sleep comfortably. I seem to sleep so easly when my room feels warm as the hot tropical areas down south.
so I'll always turn on my heater before I go to bed, even if my room isn't that cold at all.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
subcultured at 6:27PM, Feb. 28, 2007
(online)
Aurora Moon
I have this habit that I do before I go to bed… I have to do this or else I can't sleep.

*naughty thoughts
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
Aurora Moon at 6:50PM, Feb. 28, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
Aurora Moon

*naughty thoughts

(cracks whip) naughty boy! :p go to your bedroom!

J/k
subcultured at 6:55PM, Feb. 28, 2007
(online)
Someone
go to your bedroom!
but, that were the dirty thoughts manifests

Someone
(cracks whip) naughty boy!
and stop adding gasoline to the fire =P
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
AQua_ng at 11:26PM, Feb. 28, 2007
(offline)
Aurora Moon
I block out every possible sources of light, by covering it up… inducing my digtal clock, etc…

Do you use a sleep mask?

K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
Aurora Moon at 8:23AM, March 1, 2007
(offline)
AQua_ng
Aurora Moon

Do you use a sleep mask?

tried that. didn't work too well. snice I tend to move around a lot in my sleep.. so in the process the sleep mask would slip off my head and then I'd wake up due to sensing lights in the room somehow.
I'm very light senstive. ^^;;
Neilsama at 10:04AM, March 1, 2007
(offline)
Occaisionally, I'll talk to myself, but I'll use “we” as a self-referencial pronoun. “We're gonna go the store.” …Yeeeeaaaah, I don't do that very often.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're okay now!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
Crazy Dutchman at 11:27AM, March 1, 2007
(offline)
Aurora Moon
I'm very light senstive. ^^;;
I first had a problem when there's a bright lamb or a candle somewhere standing in my eye-sight when watching tv. Somehow my eyes couldn't concentrate completely on the screen anymore. The lambs or candles were always turned on/putted there by someone else for the best intentions (so I wouldn't sit in the dark) but I believed wasn't the dark that would ruin my eyes, but those damned lights! I've let my hair grown all long now and since then I have no trouble with it whatsoever because I can't really see at the sights of me anymore ^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
sandy at 11:58AM, March 1, 2007
(online)
One of my habits is that at night, when I'm in bed, I burry myself in my covers to keep out the light. Sort of what a hermit crab does when they want to be left alone. And then, on my days off from work, I spend my free time with just me,myself and I. No people no noise no hasstle. Just me. I deal with enough noise at work and when I go home, I love to hide.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
Caz Teh Frog at 2:45PM, March 1, 2007
(offline)
I mimick my character's face or position when I draw. And I'm in an animation school. Working on a small film about witches. The manic faces I pull, you wouldn't imagine X)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Generic Human at 2:48PM, March 1, 2007
(online)
I make my bed before I go to bed. It stays unmade all through the day, but I gots to get into a made bed. It's refreshing. I also like to switch up which end of the bed I sleep at.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Radmetalmonk at 4:14PM, March 1, 2007
(online)
Probably having to knock shit over in walmarts. You could seriously follow me, I just have this need to knock shit off the shelves…and sometimes pick up a maul or ax while I do it. I don't think I can walk in walmart without doing one of those things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:59PM
Senretsu at 11:01PM, March 2, 2007
(offline)
WingNut
Chris chris

I do this to! I really think it helps to make the same expressions your characters are, it certainly helps me. I even have a mirror above my drawing desk that I consult at times! :D

My friends love watching me draw too, because I talk to myself, and (as you could probably tell by my comic) I make some funky expressions. ;D

-W
I used to do this too, Only with IM conversations and smileys. =S
I broke that habit, but it's still memorable. ^^;

I like to C-Walk to rap in my kitchen, which is pretty odd ‘cause I’ll do it in the middle of the night, the middle of the day, if people are there or not, and my kitchen is only about 3 feet wide, So I've learned to dance in tight spaces. The tile + My socks = pretty sweet slides. Though sometimes I just improvise random, made up stuff to the music… Neh.

I also like to sleep in really cold places. Took a few times of waking up with the window open and a cold to realize that I wasn't catching it from my brother.

I also think Pickles don't taste too bad with Peanut Butter, But I dunno, that might not be just me. =O
I wear a mean dark pair of shades… And you can't see my eyes, unless my head is bent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
AQua_ng at 1:53AM, March 3, 2007
(offline)
I make loud, inappropiate eating noises when people are kissing/eating.

K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
emjee at 3:32PM, March 3, 2007
(online)
You know how little kids rub their eyes with the palm of their hands when they're tired? I still do that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
emjee at 3:35PM, March 3, 2007
(online)
TheTopHat
Not that old but if i see a puddle of water i have to jump in it. I CAN'T HELP IT!

Haha me too
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
MagickLorelai at 5:48PM, March 3, 2007
(offline)
*think*I'm pretty weird, I think. I always have to be on the end-chair of a table, or the outermost chair(like in a theater or a plane, the aisle seat). Or, at least one chair next to me has to be empty. I don't know why, except I feel claustrophobic when people get close.

I can't sleep facing the wall. This is a habit from when I was a kid and was sure there were “dark things in the night” coming to “get me”. I can't sleep while not being able to see the room when I open my eyes. This also means that I NEED a light by my bedside, because if I get freaked out, I don't want to leap across the room in the dark to turn one on…“In case something's there”.

I have to have one pile of “mess” somewhere in my room. For the most part I keep it clean, but then I'll have a pile of books, or a stack of CDs, or spilling of coloured pencils. If I don't, I get weirded out by my room, it feels alien to me.

I chew on the skin on the edge of my fingernails; never to the point that it causes me pain or anything.

I have to constantly be aware of the time. I get anxious when I don't know the time. My friend is worse about this than I am, because she'll do it and not even realize that she's checking her watch literally every few seconds. >.<

I'll “chew” my hands. More like, I'll thoughtfully put a knuckle or thumb between my teeth and bite down slightly. It's mostly just while I'm thinking.

If I think of more, I'll post.;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 7:02PM, March 3, 2007
(online)
I can't sleep if the door is open.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM
Aurora Moon at 7:25PM, March 3, 2007
(offline)
LIZARD_B1TE
I can't sleep if the door is open.

same for me too. I can't believe I forgot to add that part. the same for any doors, inducing closet doors.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon