Media Megaforum

When you were little...
Puff at 3:52PM, Feb. 23, 2006
(offline)
When you were a kid, what were your favorite movies to watch? Were they animation, live-action… name a few, take us back to the days!

I always LOVED the first Land before Time. It made me so sad, and it was one of the only movies that guarenteed tears from me no matter how many times I'd seen it! Then there was The Brave Little Toaster. He was as brave as they came… but I always liked Lampy the best. Of course I loved watching Dragon Heart, which made me cry too. Jurrasic Park have been one on the list since I was, like, five! I know it's not a little kids show, but the scene with the T-Rex and the guy in the outhouse cracked me up so hard…

So, when you were a little be-bopper and sometimes mistaken for a chair, what did you watch?! Spout it out, and don't be afraid: We won't call you old . :wink:
Insufficient funds, banner reposessed! >:0

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Cure
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
ccs1989 at 4:05PM, Feb. 23, 2006
(online)
Animation. How the Grinch Stole Chritsmas, a lot of the Disney movies, and I remeber I saw the first Land Before Time. Also when I was around 8 I first saw the Batman Animated Series, and some of the movies connected with that.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
coinilius at 7:53PM, Feb. 23, 2006
(online)
Labyrnth and Willow were two movies that I was absolutely obsessed over when I was little :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:43AM
Tyrapendragon at 8:04PM, Feb. 23, 2006
(online)
“The Hobbit.” I used to go to YMCA daycare. Once a month, on a Friday night, they would hold a sleep-over so that our parents could go out on a date or just be alone together. Every time they would show the animated version of “The Hobbit.” I really hope that they do a live action version someday, but the animated one will do for now. The only thing that annoys me about it is they took out the shapechanger Beorn entirely.

“Willow.” My friend and I used to like to act like the brownies. We drove our Dad's nuts once on vacation doing this. “You are drunk and when you are drunk you forget that I am the leader!”

“Princess Bride.” I still love this movie. When I was in college we once did the fencing scene in the cafeteria using butter knives. “I know someting you don't know.” “What?” “I am not left handed either.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
Inkmonkey at 9:54PM, Feb. 23, 2006
(online)
I really dug Aladdin as a kid. I think I might have just had a thing for dark skinned girls in skimpy outfits, though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
mechanical_lullaby at 2:23AM, Feb. 24, 2006
(online)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Peter Pan

The Goonies

Beetlejuice

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Labyrinth

The Rescuers Down Under

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
pingchan222 at 4:08AM, Feb. 24, 2006
(offline)
I really liked Interview with the vampire for some reason O.o.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
Gibbo at 5:48AM, Feb. 24, 2006
(offline)
Damn those movies bring back memories! … Beetlejuice especially was awesome.

I also remember watching Gummi Bears… they bounced here and there and everywhere XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:35PM
isukun at 6:37AM, Feb. 24, 2006
(online)
Going with the original movies question, I'd probably say Secret of NIMH. Although I also kind fo like Fox and the Hound and Disney's Robin Hood back then, too.

Every time they would show the animated version of “The Hobbit.” I really hope that they do a live action version someday, but the animated one will do for now. The only thing that annoys me about it is they took out the shapechanger Beorn entirely.

Considering the best chance for that to happen is for Peter Jackson to put out another movie, I wouldn't count on them not dropping stuff from the story. Especially since he's already shown an interest in somehow putting Arwen in the damn movie.

.: isukun :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Mazoo at 8:41AM, Feb. 24, 2006
(offline)
I was a big Disney watcher when I was little… I also like Land Before Time too! The Brave Little Toaster made me feel weird. Like… it was unfinished or something.

I also loved watching Indiana Jones or the original Star Wars with my dad. Or Sunday football. With Ramen. THAT was awesome.

Haha, and apparantly when I was really little my family went to go see Mr. Magoo in the movie theatre and I cried when he went over the waterfall…. so they say. :smt105
Picselly at 4:11PM, Feb. 24, 2006
(online)
Lots of Disney for me as well. I've rented them so much that I should've just bought them looong ago. Too bad Disney films aren't always available… I think they're the only ones able to get away with that. xD And anyways, “The Last Unicorn”, “Unico the Unicorn”, “The Nightmare Before Christmas”, and “Rainbow Brite” are movies I borrowed pretty much every week and loved to bits.

And on TV, I really loved “Felix the Cat”, “The Pink Panther”, “Spider-Man: The Animated Series”, “X-Men” and “Rocko's Modern Life”. I miss those shows. >> And “The Simpsons” but that's still on TV. xD

Ahh nostalgia.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
Ian Jay at 4:19PM, Feb. 24, 2006
(offline)
I went through a lot of “phases” of movies when I was little, but the one movie that stands out most in my mind is Fantasia. Weirdly enough, I was enthralled by that movie, much to the annoyance of my family. ("I-aaaaan! This music doesn't have any words in it!") And when Fantasia 2000 came out, I was really, really hyped about it. (Though I'm disappointed they didn't animate Salvador Dali's short about baseball as a metaphor for life…)

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Eggbert at 5:03PM, Feb. 24, 2006
(offline)
I too, grew up watching fantasia! Hurrah!

On the subject of the Brave Little Toaster, does anyone else find that to be a mighty disturbing children's movie? The lightning scarring the poor lamp, the radio almost dying, the themes of childhood ending forever? I still watched it all the time as a kid, but looking back on it now, it seems pretty dark Disney fare.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:19PM
Puff at 5:07AM, Feb. 25, 2006
(offline)
When I was young and naive, Disney wowed and astounded me with their promise of eternal happiness and talking inanimate objects, but I've soon grown wise to their schemes and refuse to watch anything Disney (at least 90% of the time)… Which sort of limits me to three movies in the world. .__.

Disney and Wal-Mart are the next Umbrella. … But nobody listens… nobody listens…

ozoneocean at 11:55AM, Feb. 25, 2006
(online)
I grew up on all the stupid Disney films and I loved them back then… Not the animation ones so much though. There was snow white of course, but I saw a lot more of the movies about people turning into Shaggy dogs and Mules that played Grid Iron… Herby the love-bug, all that crap ^^
I also loved The Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Paint Your Wagon, Oliver, Mame, The Life of Brian, Caddy Shack, Silverardo, and pretty much anything with Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers in it.

A lot of those are old… but in the late 70's/early 80's Australia (in Perth especially) there wasn't much variety for little kids.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:23PM
hpkomic at 12:20PM, Feb. 25, 2006
(online)
I watched a lot of classic flicks as a kid, The Day the Earth Stood Still, virtually every John Wayne movie (The Quiet Man in particular), and a slew of others.

I of course also watched my fair share of Labyrinth, Star Wars, Star Trek, and Friday the 13th.

Come to think of it, I watched more horror movies than most kids my age.

That certainly explains a lot.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Mazoo at 7:53AM, Feb. 26, 2006
(offline)
Labyrinth! I loved that movie! David Bowie and all his glory… :P
Rabidpeach at 9:44AM, Feb. 26, 2006
(offline)
Oh, God, Labyrinth. :-D On the other hand, Dark Crystal was something else. Way too mind-numbingly creepy. Don't really want to talk about it.

The Brave Little Toaster, disturbing? Yes, but what a trip it was. :D

The Last Unicorn was alright, but I never did finish watching it. Also liked…
The Goonies
An American Tail (strangely, I love all of its sequels equally, guess that stood out :o )
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Flight of the Navigator (there's something about vintage films dealing with time travel that I adore; also, the absolute best part, IMHO, was when David finally woke up in the forest and ran up to his own house only to discover that OMG STRANGE PEOPLE RESIDED WITHIN, so surreal)
The Lion King
Flight of Dragons (the ending is so beautiful; unfortunately it's the only part that I remember well)

Also, a ton of movies that I can't even remember the names of. Don't you just hate that?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
Puff at 4:28PM, Feb. 26, 2006
(offline)
Ahhh, yes The Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, and all those hours of Pee Wee Sherman…

WORD OF THE DAY! AAAAAHHHH!

Thevampire_kain01 at 4:06AM, Feb. 27, 2006
(offline)
hmmm this is a hard one for me to think of,………….
1) The Laberenth
2)Power Rangers
3) NOT barneys dumb ass
4)Potpie the sailor man,,, god i can't remember how to spell today….
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM
Puff at 2:40PM, Feb. 27, 2006
(offline)
Thevampire_kain01
hmmm this is a hard one for me to think of,………….
1) The Laberenth
2)Power Rangers
3) NOT barneys dumb ass
4)Potpie the sailor man,,, god i can't remember how to spell today….
That made me think of Chicken Pot Pie in a sailor outfit, which was an oddly tasty daydream…

Thevampire_kain01 at 3:58AM, Feb. 28, 2006
(offline)
ahhhhhh ahahahahahahahaahahahahashahahahhahahahha ~cough coughc GASP~ ahahahahahahahahahahahaha very funny. :lol:
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved