Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Where you headed, Stranger?
Kristen Gudsnuk at 4:08PM, Aug. 21, 2007
(offline)
well this may be surprising, but I plan on becoming very famous. I won't die if Misfit Assassins doesn't make me famous… nope, I'll just make a better comic! it doesn't matter what happens, I'm the kind of person who has a boundless megalomaniacal sense of self-worth and confidence… I'm basically the shit. (everyone gets mad at me when I say these things though. -_-; they just don't get it.) so anyway, uh, got sidetracked!
no matter what happens, I'll be some sort of famous art-person, whether it be painter, comic-artist, or novelist.
anyway, wanna hear my plan on how I'll reach acclaim and a huge fanbase?

manga artist:
1.) win RSOM
2.) internship at tokyopop… I'll blow a few execs to get my own manga!! (figuratively speaking!!! hahaha!!!!?)
3.) yay I'm famous!

painter:
1.) paint a lot
2.) enter into galleries
3.) win contests
4.) yay I'm marginally famous!!

novelist:
1.) write GAM (great american novel)
2.) work at publishing company
3.) convince my coworkers to publish my book.
4.) yay I'm famous?

so yup! nothing but fame on my horizon!!!
(hey I may as well dream big, right?)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
dueeast at 5:05PM, Aug. 21, 2007
(offline)
(Showing my Texan side again) Y'all are going to laugh, but I've actually accomplished one of my dreams just being here! Seriously, I started scanning my comics and putting them on the web in 1996. I know they got seen by people and that some people enjoyed them. (In fact, that's part of how I met my friend, TitanOne.) But getting feedback was almost impossible. I kind of felt like I was doing it for nothing.

Then my wife and I started Due East in 2003 and I found Comic Genesis. Neat interface, some interesting comics…no feedback, no real community to speak of. It was a good “practice” environment and a good place to direct friends to see what we're doing.

And now, there's Drunk Duck: a real community of comic artists! True feedback and interaction. The opportunity to increase readership and growth of the comic.

Very cool.

Future goals? Seeing Due East be published in graphic novels would be amazing.

A movie? I dunno. By the right people, it could be neat – but done wrong….? Um, no.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
Masq at 1:33PM, Aug. 27, 2007
(online)
Creating an empire? Ha ha ha, I'm just doing this for fun. But when I get a huge idea I'm sure will go far… Hmm… *goes off to daydream*
Whothehellstolemyspacebar?!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Phantom Penguin at 1:37PM, Aug. 27, 2007
(offline)
If I could make a comic book people would really spend money on I would be more then happy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
mapaghimagsik at 1:46PM, Aug. 27, 2007
(offline)
Doesn't that depend on how much money? ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
subcultured at 9:08PM, Aug. 27, 2007
(online)
dueeast
And now, there's Drunk Duck: a real community of comic artists! True feedback and interaction. The opportunity to increase readership and growth of the comic.

Very cool.

Future goals? Seeing Due East be published in graphic novels would be amazing.

A movie? I dunno. By the right people, it could be neat – but done wrong….? Um, no.

i've never really seen a webcomic community as connected as DD anywhere else.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
darrell at 11:26AM, Aug. 28, 2007
(online)
Though I'd love to make a comfortable living making (writing and/or drawing) comics my more realistic goal is to finish Divine Leap (I currently have it set at 3 chapters or about 20 issues long), have it all posted on DrunkDuck and have at least a dozen or so people say “Wow! I really enjoyed that.” Then move on to the other comic ideas I have and repeat the above.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
Mizukane at 3:52PM, Aug. 30, 2007
(offline)
This comic is more for fun than anything else. A friend of mine invented the character and I helped him develop it. Now we've come up with a story for him, so it's about telling a good story more than anything. I don't expect much to come from this comic, but I would like to go into the film industry to tell more stories one day…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon