Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Where'd all the good people go?
marine at 5:17AM, July 20, 2006
(offline)
Tater Salad
Jesus
I'm still here. I just hate you all.
Right back at ya, pal.

Anyonne remember back when Jesus was a nice guy? Not so much now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
Aussie_kid at 5:49AM, July 20, 2006
(online)
SpANG!
Maybe YOU GUYS should go outdoors, too. get some sun, catch some waves, gamble, drink, whatnot. Whatnot is fun. :P

It sucks for me ‘cause my meds mean I can’t go out into the sun for more than an hour. Something about the UV rays reacting with it or something. It pisses the teachers off because in the middle of a double class, I have to move if I'm in a sunny spot.

In any case, you guys don't have my limitations, so go and do the things I cannot. Sit out in the sun, sketch your comics in natural light without sunglasses obstructing your view, go see a movie in the middle of the day and get a lunch-time discount (Happens near where I live), go to a health club and work out with weights (damn intern surgeons) or just walk outside and breath the fresh air (Cold air reacts with my asthma)

My medical problems mean I am forced to live a life without many of the simple joys. Do not deny them from yourselves. Take it from some one with no choice in this matter

Until next time
The Aussie Kid
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
SpANG at 9:14AM, July 20, 2006
(online)
Aussie_kid
SpANG!
Maybe YOU GUYS should go outdoors, too. get some sun, catch some waves, gamble, drink, whatnot. Whatnot is fun. :P

It sucks for me ‘cause my meds mean I can’t go out into the sun for more than an hour. Something about the UV rays reacting with it or something. It pisses the teachers off because in the middle of a double class, I have to move if I'm in a sunny spot.

In any case, you guys don't have my limitations, so go and do the things I cannot. Sit out in the sun, sketch your comics in natural light without sunglasses obstructing your view, go see a movie in the middle of the day and get a lunch-time discount (Happens near where I live), go to a health club and work out with weights (damn intern surgeons) or just walk outside and breath the fresh air (Cold air reacts with my asthma)

My medical problems mean I am forced to live a life without many of the simple joys. Do not deny them from yourselves. Take it from some one with no choice in this matter

Until next time
The Aussie Kid
Sorry to hear that, Aussie Kid.
Instead of “go outdoors” I should have just said, “Maybe YOU GUYS should get the heck away from your computer for a couple days, too!” :wink:

.: SpANG! :.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:51PM
ccs1989 at 2:01PM, July 20, 2006
(online)
Yeah, Jesus used to walk around and cure blindness and give people hope. Now all he does is sit up in Heaven and make snide comments on the DD forum. Bad PR move, Christ.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Aussie_kid at 11:36PM, July 20, 2006
(online)
SpANG!
Aussie_kid
SpANG!

Until next time
The Aussie Kid
Instead of “go outdoors” I should have just said, “Maybe YOU GUYS should get the heck away from your computer for a couple days, too!” :wink:

Nah. It's cool. Seriously, every one should go outside though
Comicmasta at 6:07AM, July 21, 2006
(offline)
Aussie_kid
SpANG!
Aussie_kid
SpANG!

Until next time
The Aussie Kid

……Your serious?…..BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh god…..wait you are…..AHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man i almost believed you there for a secound there. :lol:
i have been brought back….The Boanitia..grrrrr…..Must find Super Jesus!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:43AM
AQua_ng at 9:29AM, July 21, 2006
(offline)
Comicmasta = Insensitive asshole.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Aurora Moon at 10:23AM, July 21, 2006
(offline)
*wanders out of thread holding a ozone plushy doll*
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Aussie_kid at 8:41PM, July 21, 2006
(online)
Comicmasta
Aussie_kid
SpANG!
Aussie_kid
SpANG!

Until next time
The Aussie Kid

……Your serious?…..BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh god…..wait you are…..AHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man i almost believed you there for a secound there. :lol:

Yes, I was serious. Maybe I should give Poisoned_V a lieutenant that gets put in a prison and arse raped for 50 years. Nah, that'd be too much work to change the story I already wrote
AQua_ng at 12:56AM, July 22, 2006
(offline)
Everybody knows PoisonedV signed back up as PIRATE at the main DD.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Zwuh at 2:43AM, July 22, 2006
(online)
Well I certainly missed me.

Thingo what posted before is right, though. These threads always turn into mancrush or poo-flinging festivals.

*flings poo*
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
Enef at 11:37AM, July 22, 2006
(offline)
My name is not Thingo! Damnit.

/me throws poo.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
Comicmasta at 3:40PM, July 22, 2006
(offline)
equinox
Comicmasta

Comicmasta again succeeds in being a prick…
Thank you Thank you! **Recieves an Golden emmy but instead of one person, it shows a foot going through someones a$s**
Id Like to Thank The Acadamy For this Honor….

or at least i would if there was one
But i am what i am
and thats a selfish pricky man……cept not 18 yet…
lukee at 3:45PM, July 22, 2006
(offline)
Comicmasta
……cept not 18 yet…

I never would've guessed. :roll:
–LUKEE Q. FINKLEBERG
Genuine President For Life No Seriously Guys I Mean It For Reals of the Top Drawer
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
Comicmasta at 4:01PM, July 22, 2006
(offline)
lukee
Comicmasta
……cept not 18 yet…

Yeah and i never would've guessed you were still a virgin but all those years of practicing with your sister must not have payed off.
lukee at 6:19PM, July 22, 2006
(offline)
Comicmasta
lukee
Comicmasta
……cept not 18 yet…

Yeah and i never would've guessed you were still a virgin but all those years of practicing with your sister must not have payed off.

I never knew I had a sister. Must've been yours then.
–LUKEE Q. FINKLEBERG
Genuine President For Life No Seriously Guys I Mean It For Reals of the Top Drawer
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
thatreevesgirl at 7:38PM, July 22, 2006
(online)
SarahN
Hey, anyone know what happened to mykill? :?

I put out an order to assassinate him…WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU…DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHAT AN ASS HE WAS!?!?!?! To everyone, even the REALLY talented people.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
ccs1989 at 7:44PM, July 22, 2006
(online)
thatreevesgirl
I put out an order to assassinate him…WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU…DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHAT AN ASS HE WAS!?!?!?! To everyone, even the REALLY talented people.

He was a bit bitter, but he wasn't really an ass. He was giving advice to people who were really aspiring to be pros. Having gone to the Kubert school, he did have the credentials.

Still, I can see why people didn't like him. His advice was sound though.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Aurora Moon at 8:42PM, July 22, 2006
(offline)
sorry, double post.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
Aurora Moon at 8:44PM, July 22, 2006
(offline)
ccs1989
He was a bit bitter, but he wasn't really an ass. He was giving advice to people who were really aspiring to be pros. Having gone to the Kubert school, he did have the credentials.

agreed. ever heard of tough love?
Radec at 11:43PM, July 22, 2006
(online)
I actually used to have a previous account here, back when I was beginning drawing. I only stayed on long enough to make one “friend”, then decided to give off the comics for a bit and learn to draw somehow.
anyways, there used to be a person here, (maybe an admin? can't remember exactly)
who went by the alias Black_Kitty. I believe she did the Random Thoughts comic.
Just wondering if she is still on DD or not.
<= dead and buried.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:58PM
thatreevesgirl at 6:53AM, July 23, 2006
(online)
ccs1989
thatreevesgirl

Yeah, actually, I really appreciated his advice…he would write NOVEL on what you could improve on. I think his ego just floated a little too high in the stratosphere for most of us to tolerate him. Sad too, because what he had to say was really good.
Hawk at 12:43PM, July 23, 2006
(online)
Mykill was a bit of an enigma. Mostly I just remember him turning any post into a discussion of how Christians are destroying the planet and universally hating gays. He was quite stubborn on a lot of issues.

But he also put time and effort into giving critiques and advice. For those who were willing to take advice and listen, this was a great service to Drunk Duckers. I'd say his presense here was an overall positive. A qualified opinion is of great value.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
SpANG at 12:49PM, July 23, 2006
(online)
Hawk
…But he also put time and effort into giving critiques and advice. For those who were willing to take advice and listen, this was a great service to Drunk Duckers. I'd say his presense here was an overall positive. A qualified opinion is of great value.

I'll agree with that. I also would like to add it probably has something to do with the current political climate. Mykill's lifestyle is being seriously opressed in the USA, especially in the last 6 years (not a coincidence). I don't know if I would act any differently, or condemn such behavior either.

He's a really smart and helpful guy, in any case. And, by the way, this is coming from someone that took him for a jerk a long time ago.

.: SpANG! :.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:51PM
sandy at 1:28PM, July 23, 2006
(online)
Mykill was actually very helpful when I needed adivce about reducing a page after the fact that I realized that it was drawn wrong. *Lesson learned, don't do any work when you've got a bad cold. I learned the hard way.* Anyway, his advice was right on target, and there really wasn't much of a difference between the pages once I reduced it. He saved my sanity on that one. He had some really great advice, so he really wasn't an ass. I wish I could've thanked him though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
thatreevesgirl at 6:40PM, July 23, 2006
(online)
AWWWWW….we've turned hate into love.

Yay for the power of love.
thatreevesgirl at 7:21PM, July 23, 2006
(online)
yeah, sorry I called Mykill an ass…it was just kind of the knee-jerk reaction when I heard his name. Sometimes you forget all the good that someone did.

And where is Black Kitty?
Hawk at 7:42PM, July 23, 2006
(online)
I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think Mykill ever would deny that he offends now and then. Hey, I wonder how awkward it'll be if he comes back and reads this thread.

Black Kitty is a very good question. She was a great part of Drunk Duck. Plus, she was overseeing the printing of the Drunk Duck Anthology 3, which I hope we see some day. Last we heard she got really busy with jobs and school and stuff.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Black_Kitty at 1:09AM, July 24, 2006
(online)
I'm around actually. I have to be since I record the DrunkDuck news section on the Gigcast. ^^;;; I just don't post as much when I do.

I just haven't been around as much due to real life things. I'm kind of reluctant to just spill my life story on a public forum but long story short, I now have someone else staying in my house for a few years and I'm responsible for getting him settled into a college. I had always assumed that once I graduate, I would have more free time. Unfortunately, everyone else assumed the same thing and decided to help me fill that time. ^^;;;

I'll also be going on vacation to Chicago on the 31st (might even meet up with MisterSpook~)

.: Black Kitty :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:23AM
thatreevesgirl at 1:36AM, July 24, 2006
(online)
Black Kitty
I'll also be going on vacation to Chicago on the 31st

Have fun on your vacation!!!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon