Media Megaforum

Which anime character annoys you the most?
Lonnehart at 10:53PM, Aug. 23, 2007
(online)
I guess I'll start with a long time anime character. Ordinary sixteen year old turned beauty queen turned pop idol, her songs inspiring a ship full of people to persevere despite the aliens trying to destroy their ship. Yet off the stage she was annoying, first being oblivious to the hero's affection for her then near the end when she selfishly attempts to keep her by her side (and away from the other woman in the love triangle who was not only older than him, but was his superior officer while they were on the job). Yeah, she's annoying. Who am I talking about? A woman named…

Lynn Minmay (or was it Minmei, I can never get it right) from Robotech. X_X
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Mega Josh at 12:42AM, Aug. 24, 2007
(offline)
Pretty much every character from Lucky Star.

:/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
SarahN at 12:44AM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo (and the other ones). That guy is such a MORON!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
mechanical_lullaby at 4:34AM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
SarahN
he can never see all the sex that's coming to him. as well as that, i'm annoyed by the kid from love hina. same basic character.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
stabbyfairy at 7:23AM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
SarahN
he can never see all the sex that's coming to him. as well as that, i'm annoyed by the kid from love hina. same basic character.
Isn't that the basic character type for the guy in every single harem series ever? Might explain my hatred for the genre. It's almost always so STUPID.

I know Shinji from Evangelion is supposed to be a whiny little wuss, but that didn't stop me from wanting to punch him every time he was on screen. I actually cheered when Toji smacked him in the face. >_>
Currently rewriting Pictures from the start - and it is now called In Carnate.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:55PM
Inkmonkey at 8:58AM, Aug. 24, 2007
(offline)
I liked Tenchi. Basically the reason I liked him even though I pretty much hate most harem series main characters is that he doesn't seem romantically interested in anyone or anything. He's pretty much asexual, which is always an interesting character trait.

As for me, I don't watch much anime anymore, but I really don't like Sasuke from Naruto. He's basically a super-emo. Granted he has legitimate reasons for his angry/depressed/whatever personality within the context of the show, but I just can't bring myself to be excited about a self-centered goth kid who can turn invisible and breathe fire.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
FanGurlZ at 9:59AM, Aug. 24, 2007
(offline)
I hate Sakura from Naruto.Ino was her first and only friend. Ino even protected her from being bullied, but what does Sakura do. She drop Ino as a friend after realizing she has the same crush on a boy who doesn't even knows she exist. The whole thing just pisses me off.
Homophobia: The irrational fear that gays will break in and re-arrange your furniture against your will.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Hawk at 10:08AM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
I hate the chipper, energetic teenage schoolgirl who deals common life problems. They always seem like some sort of cheap appeal towards Japanese teenage girls but to me they come off as annoying. Examples include Sakura from Street Fighter and Yuffie from Final Fantasy.

stabbyfairy
Isn't that the basic character type for the guy in every single harem series ever? Might explain my hatred for the genre. It's almost always so STUPID.

I don't know how Japan was allowed to so overuse that premise.

“Stupid and seemingly insignificant Japanese guy finds himself surrounded by a selection of beautiful girls, each one seemingly catering to a different fetish”.

I think it's really just for nerds to live out their fantasies. But it makes for old, tired anime.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Anatak at 12:33PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(offline)
I HATE Inuyasha.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
FanGurlZ at 12:59PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(offline)
Anatak
I HATE Inuyasha.

The show or just the character?
Homophobia: The irrational fear that gays will break in and re-arrange your furniture against your will.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
fern at 1:27PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
I don't like D from Vampire Hunter D simply because of his hand:

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
kaminari at 2:34PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
There are a lot that I dont like, but I decided on a main character that ruined a potentially good series..

Definitely Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi

followed a close second by Hitomi from Escaflowne (TV version because the traits I hated about her were thankfully dropped from the movie.)

Two completely obnoxious and lame female main characters who are pathetic, wishy-washy, fall in love easy, and then have many stupid bish guys all wanting them.

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
mechanical_lullaby at 2:45PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
FanGurlZ
I hate Sakura from Naruto.Ino was her first and only friend. Ino even protected her from being bullied, but what does Sakura do. She drop Ino as a friend after realizing she has the same crush on a boy who doesn't even knows she exist. The whole thing just pisses me off.
they both dropped each other.
i saw the same episode the other night. ^-^
still a despicable trait though.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Terminal at 2:46PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)

…stupid car thought it was so great. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:11PM
mlai at 3:11PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
Someone
Sakura and Ino
The whole premise behind that relationship turn is supposed to be that because they're supposed to become ninjas -a violent profession- their outlook and view towards relations is subtly different from average ppl, even in a kids' show like Naruto.

So, best friends turn into rivals so that they can stimulate each other into becoming stronger.

And then they became friends again, after they've both become mature enough to continue to be rivals without having to mock-hate each other.

But on the surface, it totally looked like they're both lamers who'd betray a best friend for some emo who treats ppl like dirt.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
SarahN at 3:35PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
fern
I don't like D from Vampire Hunter D simply because of his hand:

The hand wasn't so annoying in the first Hunter D movie. (As far as I remember, it's been a while.) I don't mind the face-hand idea…but maybe it just shouldn't of talked. XP
SarahN at 3:37PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
Inkmonkey
I liked Tenchi. Basically the reason I liked him even though I pretty much hate most harem series main characters is that he doesn't seem romantically interested in anyone or anything. He's pretty much asexual, which is always an interesting character trait.
But didn't he go with some average human girl in one of the other Tenchi series'? “Tenchi In Tokyo” I think it was called? I remember that ticking me off seeing Ryoko all sad because he kissed her…and because he wanted to mind you. XP

(Sorry for the double post.)
Phantom Penguin at 5:10PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(offline)
The entire cast of Inuyasha.

And of course, Shinji Ikari.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Kohdok at 10:04PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
I'm amazed nobody has mentioned Sana Kurata from Kodocha.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
simonitro at 11:52PM, Aug. 24, 2007
(online)
I hate L from Death Note and Shinji from Evangelion!

Those are the two characters that I can think of right now!

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
mlai at 6:00AM, Aug. 25, 2007
(online)
I love L!
Especially the live action version, because of the script change in Death Note 2nd movie!
In summary, I like the script change in the 2nd movie, because it kept things between Light and L without all the new characters popping up out of the woodwork.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
blntmaker at 2:54PM, Aug. 25, 2007
(online)
I'm going to reap the GEEKY whirlwind for this but…

The MOST annoying anime characters (or even MANGA ones for that matter) are ALL the characters with the CAT ears.

I mean, WHY???? Is there even a rational for the damn cat ears? IS THERE???????? Because some guy thought it looked cool on his characters, it officially begat-ted a whole world of comics and characters where even some of them have cat ears.

W-H-Y???? Annoying! Stop that! Just have normal ears, big hair and big eyes like all the other characters in anime and hold up the occasional peace sign.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
ozoneocean at 6:05PM, Aug. 25, 2007
(online)
SarahN
Yep, I hate those characters… Those series would be a lot more fun if the male characters actually took advantage of the opportunities offered and were secretly porking ALL the interested female characters! (they wouldn't have to show that of course).

Yes, it'd be hilarious! Especially if he kept playing so dumb and lame like they usually do- as soon as they become confident “ladies men” (in attitude) it ruins it, they have to stay stupid and clueless to be loveable, just so long and they're NOT asexual crying little boys with the morals of some mythical spinster Victorian schoolmistress. Grr…

Basically, they should behave like “Tom Jones”, the famous character from that 18thC novel. :)

———–

Well other hated characters… Yeah Lynn Minmay was a shit, Shinji should have died in the first episode…

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
Mega Josh at 10:20PM, Aug. 25, 2007
(offline)
Oh yes also Nia and Rossiu from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Nia is really annoying, and Rossiu is just a straight up asshole.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
jalford at 4:43AM, Aug. 26, 2007
(online)
I hate any character like Luffy from One Piece or Naruto who is just so FUCKING sure that someday…some far off undesclosed day in the distant future…they don't have any idea actually WHEN…just someday…that they are without doubt undeniably going to be PRINCE OF THE PIRATE NINJAS, or some retarded shit like that. They're SO one-dimensionally focused on their goal, that it doesn't even OCCUR to them that SOMEONE ELSE might beat them at being KING OF THE BURGERS or whatever.

Like, if Luffy got up one morning, reads the paper, and found out that some other dude found the One Piece(whatever the FUCK that thing is!)and now that guy is the almighty Pirate King(take that, Kiera Knightly!). Luffy would then pick up a gun and blow his fucking head off because the whole purpose of his character is fucking over! A character who's entire existence is to fulfill a single task is pointless and stupid.

They other kind of character I hate are the ones who only do two things: Eating & Fighing! If they're not fighting, they're eating. If they're not eating, they're fighting. Guy's like Goku need to be shot in the nuts everytime they play out that fucking stereotype. The worst part part of those characters is whenever they hear about something for the first time and they don't know what it is, they're immeadiate reaction is, “Is it some kind of food?”. I WANNA FUCKING KILL SOMEONE EVERYTIME SOMEONE SHOWS THAT IN AN ANIME!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
marine at 5:53AM, Aug. 26, 2007
(offline)
All of them. Especially the females.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
stabbyfairy at 6:20AM, Aug. 26, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
Shinji should have died in the first episode…
There's one theory that says he did. (8th point down. Sorry mlai, I know how that site is like crack to you. XD)
We still had to put up with him the whole damn series though, so same difference. XD
Currently rewriting Pictures from the start - and it is now called In Carnate.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:55PM
kaminari at 9:33AM, Aug. 26, 2007
(online)
Mega Josh
Oh yes also Nia and Rossiu from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Nia is really annoying, and Rossiu is just a straight up asshole.

Agreed.

Kohdok
I'm amazed nobody has mentioned Sana Kurata from Kodocha.

Heh, that's probably too obscure of a series for people to mention, but it used to be super popular as an early fansub.
I saw about 50 eps but yeah I couldnt take it/her after a while.

blntmaker
characters with the CAT ears for no reason.

I also agree with this.

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
Tantz Aerine at 10:32AM, Aug. 26, 2007
(online)
Misao Makimachi and Gensai (or however that ninja grandfather is called) from Rurouni Kenshin. They are unnecessarily slapstick and out of place when everything is serious.

Also pretty much every character that is there to make unintelligent comments or trip over his/her own shadow when it is the most inappropriate moment to do so. Like that friend Yoh has in Shaman King, the short kid that can see ghosts but is no shaman.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:07PM
TheMidge28 at 11:06AM, Aug. 26, 2007
(online)
Tetsuo Shima from Akira
a real whiner through the whole movie!
Never read the Manga I don't know how he is protrayed in there…

Kureha Suzuka from Tokko
GET A SHIRT!
No seriously the continual flirting isn't sexy… its creepy!

Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV from Cowboy Bebop
Some people really like Ed but she annoys the crap out of me and the show would be so much better with out her…

Added pictures…because through out this thread I recognized the show or movie but not the character by name…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:21PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved