Media Megaforum

Which anime character annoys you the most?
subcultured at 1:46PM, Aug. 26, 2007
(online)
freaking shinji
damn that stupid whinner emo idiot
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
mlai at 10:04PM, Aug. 27, 2007
(online)
stabbyfairy
There's one theory that says he did. (8th point down. Sorry mlai, I know how that site is like crack to you. XD)
Yes, after 90 minutes of uncontrollable reading I now understand that Conan is Jesus.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
Neilsama at 11:47PM, Aug. 27, 2007
(online)
Lynn Minmei from Robotech. …but not from Macross. She's a lot less stupid in the Macross canon.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
maritalbliss at 1:59AM, Aug. 28, 2007
(online)
Oh, Lonnehart…I think I am gonna' have to agree with ‘ya. Lynn Minmei is soooo annoying to me. Get some new songs while you’re at it. (Although, her character does make for a great drinking game. ) Last time we watched it my husband told me that when we first met (Mind you we were 14) that I reminded him on Minmei. I was so offended. Then he explained she was his favorite back then, (Well, her and Claudia) and that he meant it as a compliment. (I was still crushed. )
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Lonnehart at 4:32PM, Aug. 28, 2007
(online)
maritalbliss
Oh, Lonnehart…I think I am gonna' have to agree with ‘ya. Lynn Minmei is soooo annoying to me. Get some new songs while you’re at it. (Although, her character does make for a great drinking game. ) Last time we watched it my husband told me that when we first met (Mind you we were 14) that I reminded him on Minmei. I was so offended. Then he explained she was his favorite back then, (Well, her and Claudia) and that he meant it as a compliment. (I was still crushed. )

Yep. The Robotech version of her was the annoying one. The original Macross version of her was less so, but I still didn't like her much. Of course back in high school I know of a few female friends who found Lisa Hayes annoying (you'd think a born, bred and trained military girl would have the courage to go after the man she's finally decided on)…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Insanity at 5:40PM, Aug. 28, 2007
(offline)
Naruto annoys the living hell out of me…

Believe It!

Believe It!

He says believe it! all the time!

And yells all the time too!!!!!

AwesomeUnicorn
I feel a little bit like Hitler right now, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
marine at 6:23PM, Aug. 28, 2007
(offline)
TheMidge28
Tetsuo Shima from Akira
a real whiner through the whole movie!
Never read the Manga I don't know how he is protrayed in there…

I saw Akira at least 10 years ago, and I probably made this same joke then:

Is that Captain Forhead?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
TheMidge28 at 6:52PM, Aug. 28, 2007
(online)
Yes…That is Capt'n Forehead…and check out the receding hairline…its impossible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:21PM
Neilsama at 7:50PM, Aug. 28, 2007
(online)
Insanity
Naruto annoys the living hell out of me…

Believe It!

Believe It!

He says believe it! all the time!

And yells all the time too!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! OH GYAAAAHD!!! I can't believe I forgot about him! I hate Naruto! BELIEVE IT!

By the way, have you ever seen the way they bash that character on X-Play. Classic stuff, man.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
Mega Josh at 7:51PM, Aug. 28, 2007
(offline)
I also wish to say I despise every character from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Shit anime characters are shit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
mlai at 9:22AM, Aug. 29, 2007
(online)
Mega Josh
I also wish to say I despise every character from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I for one, cannot take the word of someone who bashes Haruhi but then uses graphics from Akira Toriyama seriously.

Mega Josh at 3:36PM, Aug. 29, 2007
(offline)
mlai
Mega Josh

I for one, cannot take the word of someone who bashes Haruhi but then uses graphics from Akira Toriyama seriously.

hey

Dragon Quest is awesome

D:

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
mlai at 5:07PM, Aug. 29, 2007
(online)
I drew a long running fancomic on Dragon Warrior. So yeah, DQ is awesome.

What I don't like about DQ is that they still use Toriyama as the art consultant. I loved his art once but now I can't stand it.

kitty17 at 9:09AM, Aug. 30, 2007
(offline)
*gasp* I love Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star….
Lucky Star is so stupid and random I can't help but love it.

Back on topic. I find Naruto annoying with his “believe it” but that's what we get when they try to make it all language suitable for children.
Actually…most dubbed animes are annoying. I mean sometimes it's like they choose the most annoying voice actors and it just ruins it. There are exceptions….
Shinji from Evangelion is annoying. I hated having to listen to his whinning.
Oriihime from Bleach is kinda of annoying….there are more…but I have to remember their names.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:17PM
mlai at 10:51AM, Aug. 30, 2007
(online)
What I really find annoying are those mean X-play reviews of Naruto games. It's like OK, I get it, you hate Naruto. Can you stop wasting my time on telling me how much you hate Naruto, and actually review the game? Because your hate is not funny, nor do I care.

patrickdevine at 4:22PM, Aug. 30, 2007
(online)
Any character from Evangelion. Asuka especially.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Freegurt at 2:21PM, Jan. 21, 2008
(online)
Pretty much any female character or feminine man. Hate them all. Bunch of vapid bimbos. -_-
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
Warpedwenger at 3:44PM, Jan. 21, 2008
(online)
mlai
Mega Josh

Heard that… Thats a great show! You know who I hate Ichigos dad in Bleach! That guy is so strange… Does he want to be gay with his own son or what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
jalford at 4:09PM, Jan. 22, 2008
(online)
Any male anime character that never opens their fucking eyes! Brock is just freaking creepy!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
Lokidoll at 9:53PM, Jan. 22, 2008
(offline)
I mainly dislike Keiko from Yuyu Hakusho. I just flat out don't like her. And I'll tell you why: At the beginning fo the series she was fine. The series was made in 1992 and for the time period, Keiko was at LEAST decent. She was the tough smart girl and the to-be girlfriend of the main character Urameshi Yusuke. But as time went on she grew to be like EVERY OTHER girlfriend character out there. whiny, annoying and just flat out irritating. And as I have stated to MANY, I find her to be a waste of space. She had the potential to be a GOOD character and yet they did NOTHING with her.
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with anyone else liking her. People are entitled to their own opinion. In fact, I hope SOMEONE does like her since she's there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
mlai at 6:00AM, Jan. 23, 2008
(online)
Lokidoll
I mainly dislike Keiko from Yuyu Hakusho. I just flat out don't like her. And I'll tell you why:
She was a non-super female character amidst a bunch of characters gaining godlike powers. In a show targeted towards boys. There was no way in hell she'd become a non-generic character.

Edit:
I'll tell you who I don't like. Orihime of Bleach. Not for the usual reasons; I've no problems with her being a ditzy bimbo; I thought she was quite humorous.

What I didn't like was what the author did. In arc 1 he was obviously setting up a relationship between Ichigo and Rukia, and it worked. It's what kept me watching thru the 1st 10 episodes. Orihime was like the-girl-who-kinda-longs-for-Ichigo-but-knew-it's-futile, and that was good. It added emotional depth to her character without making her all soap and emo (which would've been completely OOC). And then he kinda paired off Orihime and Uryu, and that worked. I loved their budding dynamics.

But the Arrancar arc… can I just say how much that sucks. Suddenly the attraction between Ichigo and Rukia (and Orihime-Uryu) just evaporates. Rukia becomes basically a guy, who halfway looks like a girl. All done so the author can force some sorta non-angle between Ichigo and Orihime. Which only succeeds in making Orihime out to be some sorta man-stealing skank. She spends the summer being buddy-buddy with Rukia and then she traipse on over to Ichigo's bed, WTF.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Chernobog at 12:09PM, Jan. 23, 2008
(offline)
*limit break!*

Haruko and Mamimi in FLCL. Outside of a harem anime and maybe Fujiko from Lupin, the skank-o-meter is a full 10 in this series.

Kagome from Inuyasha. Bitchy, useless, emotionally stunted teenager. If I was Inuyasha, I'd just let the demons eat her and be done with it. She's also got a strong Harry Potter thing going for her, where anything even remotely useful about her is more the result of destiny than anything self affirming.

Ichigo's Dad from Bleach. He belongs in a category with other overly cartoonish violent characters. I can't get into characters who casually come out of nowhere and hit the protagonist for weak reasons, funny or not.

Goku from DBZ: All powerful, all retarded, all the time. I should note I do like younger Goku back in Dragonball, however. He was at least playful back then.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Merrywhite Jenkins at 12:34PM, Jan. 23, 2008
(offline)
Naruto; the cast of.
Annoying kinpatsu main character, annoying predictable plot twist, annoying cliche ‘I wan booch powarhz lawlawl’ primary antagonist.

I only seriously like…two characters, and they're both based off of the same archetype: Momochi Zabuza and Hoshigaki Kisame. And then they killed Zabuza. :/
deviantArt. Osu!
K.A.L.A.-dan! Mascot! OSU!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
Kxela at 6:39PM, Jan. 23, 2008
(online)
I dont usually hate annoying characters…
but MAKOTO of School Days…
He was such a dumbass, I'm glad he recieved his punishment.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
alexhatzia at 9:21PM, Jan. 23, 2008
(online)
any cat-human character. yeaaaa fuck cat ears

sasuke and vegeta too.

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Warpedwenger at 5:59PM, Jan. 24, 2008
(online)
alexhatzia
any cat-human character. yeaaaa fuck cat ears

sasuke and vegeta too.
Dude whatever as Dragonball goes Vegeta is pretty cool… I mean he is in Dragonball… But well I admit it is a guilty pleasure for me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
jalford at 2:19AM, Jan. 25, 2008
(online)
Prince of all Saiyans? Yeah, all 2 of them! There used to be 3, but that asshole went and killed one of them. TWICE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
BlueFlame_Studios at 8:18PM, Jan. 29, 2008
(offline)
Misa from Death Note

I just got up to the episode where she starts coming over to Light's house and stalking him and whatever.
She's a mixture between freaky goth and obsessive prep. It's really a bad combo. I felt the same way Light did.

Naruto from well…Naruto

One of the reasons I do not like anime. He's a ninja but totally contradicts the traditions by wearing bright orange? Come on. I find his voice annoying in both the Japanese and American versions. And his attitude just makes you want to punch him in the face repeatedly for over an hour.

You know what…Everyone From Naruto except for Rock Lee, Gaara, Itachi, and Kimimaro

Any Female Sidekick Character From Every MainStream Anime
Kagome, Sakura, Fuu, Misa, Keiko, Chi-Chi, Amy Rose, Rukia, Nami, etc.

It's just amazing how it's always the main characters female flunky. It's either they're too emotional, they get in the way, mess something up, or ruin the fun.

alexhatzia
sasuke and vegeta too.

Aww, come on man. I would understand Sasuke. He's a weird emo/anti-hero traitor. But Vegeta? He was freakin' cool, as far as Dragonball Z characters go. Plus they made him kick ass in all the Budokai games.

A Comic by Habilis_Orian

Autumn Blood Forums

My deviantArt Page
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:28AM
mlai at 8:40PM, Jan. 29, 2008
(online)
BlueFlame_Studios
Misa from Death Note
Yeah, at first she's hot just cuz, well, it's Studio Madhouse(!). But that wears out very quickly where she's concerned. See, her problem is, at first you thought she's this ultra-smart cute-but-psychopathic goth doll who will have this very interesting and complicated relationship with Light. So that was very awesome. But the author seemed hell bent on decreasing her IQ by 10 per episode… until she became extraneous.

Someone
Naruto from well…Naruto
I was ok with it until the latest episode, when the author basically said Sakura liiiiiiiiiiiiikes Naaaaaaruuuuuutooooooo. I was like OH HELL NO.

Someone
Any Female Sidekick Character From Every MainStream Anime
Kagome, Sakura, Fuu, Misa, Keiko, Chi-Chi, Amy Rose, Rukia, Nami, etc.
How can you put Rukia in there?! Unless you're talking about Arrancar arc, which just sucks overall.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
tea_green at 9:12PM, Jan. 29, 2008
(online)
Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi I despise her because she is a stupid, whiny glutton who never gets fat, everyone is in love with her, and she never suffers any consequences. Hell, when she dies, she gets brought back to life. On top of that, in her world, she is rewarded for her pathetic and juvnile behavior. Her best friend (an intellegent person who contributed to society) gets taken to the same world where she's raped, manipulated and abandoned by people she trusts. Honestly, what the hell is Yu Watase thinking?! I hope she doesn't think this shit really happens IRL?!

Kagome and Inuyasha from Inuyasha A spoiled Harry Potter-esque heroine who gets jealous and happens to be the reincarnation of a powerful priestees partnered with a hot-headed, emotional half-demon in a story that resets itself more than a Chinese VCR. They just seem so worthless. All they do is scream each other's names for five minutes before Inuyasha pulls some badass supermove out of his ass. Honestly, Kagome should have died and Kikyo should have stepped up to the plate. At least she knows what the hell she's doing and she doesn't whine about it.

Aya from Ayashi no Ceres Another one by Yu Watase. This one made me give up on her. The character was typical tsundere. Aggressive, bossy, yet lonely, and she has a goddess inside of her body. You wanna know how she solves all her problems? By getting pregnant. Oh, did I mention she was sixteen? Yeah…

Relena from Gundam Wing She was always chasing after Heero. She never did her job and she was always in some sort of danger. I wished Heero would just smush her. He was constantly threatening to kill her(and himself). Still he didn't and she just leaked aids and fail all over the place.

The token American who speaks fluent Japanese I hate those characters. They even go as far as to have people point out that they're forginers yet they can communicate perfectly and undersand everything around them. Someone's been reading too much Megatokyo.

The token Black character They're always dancing in some way or form. Why don't you just break out the chicken and watermelon to put the nail in the coffin why don't ya?

All in all, I hate Mary Sue characters who are impervious to consequences. Everyone falls in love with them and they are OK while everyone around them suffers. I can't help but think the author wants to be them. There's only a few animu like that I enjoy but that's what I really hate.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved