Media Megaforum

Which anime character annoys you the most?
BlueFlame_Studios at 7:47PM, Jan. 30, 2008
(offline)
mlai
BlueFlame_Studios
Misa from Death Note
Yeah, at first she's hot just cuz, well, it's Studio Madhouse(!). But that wears out very quickly where she's concerned. See, her problem is, at first you thought she's this ultra-smart cute-but-psychopathic goth doll who will have this very interesting and complicated relationship with Light. So that was very awesome. But the author seemed hell bent on decreasing her IQ by 10 per episode… until she became extraneous.

Someone
Naruto from well…Naruto
I was ok with it until the latest episode, when the author basically said Sakura liiiiiiiiiiiiikes Naaaaaaruuuuuutooooooo. I was like OH HELL NO.

Someone
Any Female Sidekick Character From Every MainStream Anime
Kagome, Sakura, Fuu, Misa, Keiko, Chi-Chi, Amy Rose, Rukia, Nami, etc.
How can you put Rukia in there?! Unless you're talking about Arrancar arc, which just sucks overall.

Ha, every 10 episodes? This I just have to see.

I don't even keep up with that Shippuden stuff, but it seems like Hinata has some competition then.

I don't really follow Bleach, I actually dislike it. I was forced to read The first 10(probably more) books and I saw the first 2 episodes. The only character(s) I liked from Bleach are the Hollow Hichigo and that dude with the glasses that shoots arrows.

But yeah, Rukia..ok..I'll admit, she's alright but it's like they're trying to hard with her. Get what I mean?

A Comic by Habilis_Orian

Autumn Blood Forums

My deviantArt Page
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
magnus911 at 9:15PM, Feb. 3, 2008
(offline)
I hate Kicker from Transformers: Energon. Annoying kid teams up with an even more annoying Autobot(who puts his predecessor to SHAME), Ironhide. Yet, Kicker is needed in the story because he was touched by Primus to detect Energon or something.

In fact, I hate Transformers: Energon altogether. Using 2D conventions for 3D characters is always a bad thing(completely stop ALL movement just to talk, for example)

Asuka Langley Soryu from Evangelion. Bossy bitch towards Shinji/everyone who is not named Kaji throughout the entire series. I wanted Shinji to fully strangle her in the moments that he could(Hospital in the manga, and in End of Evangelion). It would make me like him more(I don't hate him but I don't think he's a good character).

There's probably more, but I can't recall them right now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Frostflowers at 1:22AM, Feb. 4, 2008
(online)
I haven't finished watching Death Note, but Misa gets on my nerves so very much. She might have worked out, if she didn't constantly refer to herself in third person - a naive, Light-obsessed, believes-she's-in-love character would have been fascinating, but Misa just grates with the way she talks like she's three years old. Good in concept, bad in execution.

I gave up on Bleach, so there's really nothing much I can say about Rukia… Or Orihime, though I really HATED the way the plot was going - the author had set up a lovely character dynamic, and then had to go and fuck things up royally. Not even the awesomeness that is Grimjow could keep me coming back to the Arrancar arc. (And let's just not ever talk about the anime Bounto-arc EVER AGAIN.)

Naruto from Naruto gets on my nerves - sometimes, I'm alright with him, but most of the time, it's just like I want to stab the screen when he comes on, all the while screaming “Bring back the secondary characters!”. Bleh. Kisame is awesome, and yet we see nothing of him, and fifteen episodes of Sakura fighting Sasori.

Kagome and Inuyasha are pretty grating as well - and I've only seen one Inuyasha episode. In Spanish. That's how irritating they are - they manage to annoy you even across the language barrier.
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
Warpedwenger at 7:49AM, Feb. 5, 2008
(online)
The Bound story arc is why I quit watching Bleach. It's so boring. It's a filler though so Ill continue to read the manga and pretend it doesn't exsist.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
mlai at 8:14PM, Feb. 5, 2008
(online)
Warpedwenger
The Bound story arc is why I quit watching Bleach. It's so boring. It's a filler though so Ill continue to read the manga and pretend it doesn't exsist.
Arrancar arc is just as boring as Bound arc. I dunno wtf happened to this author. Alzheimer's?

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Warpedwenger at 10:28PM, Feb. 5, 2008
(online)
Is it in the manga? The english translation is on the Vizards right now.
Eunice P at 3:16AM, Feb. 6, 2008
(online)
Space Detective 556 from Keroro Gunsou. An over zealous sentai hero but in actual fact he is a complete loser and he lives in poverty. He's annoyingly funny though.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
kingofsnake at 7:47AM, Feb. 6, 2008
(online)
Any character that says their own name:

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Frostflowers at 9:03AM, Feb. 6, 2008
(online)
mlai
Warpedwenger
Arrancar arc is just as boring as Bound arc. I dunno wtf happened to this author. Alzheimer's?
I gave up on the anime about three episodes after Grimjow made his first appearance. :/ Bleach had potential to be great - the Shinigami conflict, Aizen, the Arrancar themselves; it was all very interesting, with lots and lots of potential conflict/character development - but the author dropped the ball.

On the one hand, I prefer filler arcs like the Bounto - a coherent, multi-episode sidestory while waiting for the proper storyline - instead of Naruto's filler arc - which was waaaaaaay too many episodes, nearly all of them one-shots, and even when they managed to carry a story-arc through over several episodes, it sucked - but the Bounto storyline really, really sucked.
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
Warpedwenger at 2:45PM, Feb. 6, 2008
(online)
You know what seems to work better than fillers is when the anime evolves into a separate entity all together… Like Full Metal Alchemist did. Why should an anime be just like the manga? Why not give the fans something new entirely? It makes more sense if you think about it.
AQua_ng at 2:15PM, Feb. 7, 2008
(online)
Warpedwenger
You know what seems to work better than fillers is when the anime evolves into a separate entity all together… Like Full Metal Alchemist did. Why should an anime be just like the manga? Why not give the fans something new entirely? It makes more sense if you think about it.

Claymore.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:58AM
Ganolink at 4:15PM, Feb. 7, 2008
(offline)
Man i hate ASH from pokemon simply he's just retarded. He always uses thunder bolt or sumthin and never learns the Team ****ing rocket always makes their crap electric proof. Another thing, every pokemon he catches in one reigon he leaves them with Proffesser oak. WHEN YOU WATCH POKEMON DIAMOND AND PEARL YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THAT HE HAS A SNORLAX. THEY NEVER MENTION HIS OWN POKEMON UNLESS HE FINISHES A REIGON AND GOES HOME. ONE LOUSY EPISODE YOU COULD MISS. (I know that he wants a fresh start every reigon but that's just retaded)
why must the world end?
because… wait.
O o
/¯/
| ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
| IMA FIRIN' MAH LAZER!
| BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
| ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
\_\

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
seventy2 at 11:00PM, Feb. 10, 2008
(online)
mlai
I was ok with it until the latest episode, when the author basically said Sakura liiiiiiiiiiiiikes Naaaaaaruuuuuutooooooo. I was like OH HELL NO.

can you honestly not have seen that coming?….i know the first time i was like…“something is gonna happen between those two” was when they were leaving to chase teh sound 4 and sasuke.

and count me among the sasuke haters….too emo…too indifferent.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
kyupol at 6:17PM, Feb. 11, 2008
(online)
Sakura from Naruto. Too bitchy. meh.

Sasuke from Naruto. If he's so smart and he wants to resurrect his clan, why doesn't he impregnate all the ladies in Konoha (easy for him). Who knows what hybrids might come out of the Uchiha clan bloodline mixed with the others. lol! But no. He's just too emo.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Ailorn at 12:07PM, March 4, 2008
(online)
I truely hate just about all shy quite winey girls. Ex: hinata from naruto, Shinobu from love hina, and all the rest. They are so Flat and BORING. Just cause they're cute and need protecting blah. Give me a chick with personality any day. Even if she makes stupid decisions, or is somewhat violent or what have you.

I also hate filler characters who show up for one episode and then you never see them again… What's the point? Meh…

Orihime irritates me. Her wackiness hits too close to my own personality. For all the reasons Mlai said earlier. I was cool with her liking Ichigo and then putting it aside, but she never just let it go. Similar to Tessa from full metal panic. If you like someone, and obviously they are with someone else, dont force yourself on them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
crocty at 12:48PM, March 5, 2008
(online)
Captain Komamura, the little bastard.

D:<
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:51AM
Lonnehart at 6:47PM, March 6, 2008
(online)
kingofsnake
Any character that says their own name

I bet you stay far far FAR away from the American version of Pokemon anime…

I don't know if they do that in the Japanese version or not…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
isukun at 11:15PM, March 6, 2008
(online)
Yes, they do. In fact, in many cases where the names are the same or the pokemon voices mimic animal noises, they just use the original Japanese voice recording for the characters.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
TwinBlader18 at 1:54PM, March 9, 2008
(offline)
I do not stay away from the American Version of Pokemon.

But the annoying Characters off of Pokemon that I hate is Jessy & James of the Team Rocket, they are Dumb trying to catch pikachu but always end up failing.
Megaman Xtroid the Sprite Comic
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
Aurora Borealis at 11:18AM, March 13, 2008
(online)
Any anime character that was dubbed in any language other than the original Japanese. It's like all the actors are trying to be extremely annoying, everything is badly overacted, voices are often too loud… ahh, forget it, just give me subtitles :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Exzachly at 2:38AM, March 19, 2008
(online)
one obvious contender:

Kon from Bleach

“Comic relief” characters in general are pretty useless.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
mlai at 7:40AM, March 21, 2008
(online)
Exzachly
one obvious contender:
Kon from Bleach
The sad thing is that Kon is supposed to be a born-and-bred Hollow hunter. So dangerous that the Soul Society exterminated his kind.
Look at Kon, SS. Paranoid much?

Frostflowers at 7:45AM, March 21, 2008
(online)
mlai
Exzachly
one obvious contender:
Kon from Bleach
The sad thing is that Kon is supposed to be a born-and-bred Hollow hunter. So dangerous that the Soul Society exterminated his kind.
Look at Kon, SS. Paranoid much?
Argh, that's the most annoying dropped plot thread in Bleach ever! Kon, when he was introduced, actually had two episodes in which he confronted Hollows and had these super-powered kicks and high jumps, and the backstory (exterminated fake-souls - morally right or not?) - and then what?

Useless Perverted Animal Sidekick Ahoy! :/
mlai at 6:57AM, March 22, 2008
(online)
Frostflowers
Argh, that's the most annoying dropped plot thread in Bleach ever!
The entire anime is an annoying dropped plot thread.

Frostflowers at 11:06AM, March 22, 2008
(online)
mlai
Frostflowers
Argh, that's the most annoying dropped plot thread in Bleach ever!
The entire anime is an annoying dropped plot thread.
Well, yes. That's why I gave up - they kept dropping things unfinished and never mentioned them again, and the lure of Grimjow being all evil and awesome couldn't save the Arrancar arc. >.>

But yes. On topic. Annoying anime characters.

Marie Antoinette in Rose of Versailles. I know she's only fifteen (fourteen?) when it happens, and that the whole wild lifestyle is somewhat true to the historical facts, but that doesn't change the fact that I want Oscar to up and slap her every once in a while. Of course, the pretty dresses and architecture is going to keep me watching the whole series anyway. *totally watches Chinese costume dramas ‘cause they’re pretty*
jalford at 1:10AM, May 11, 2008
(online)
The ones who bring entire cities crashing down around them, but wait until near the end of an entire story arc to tell you why they have such a bug up their ass about something. Example: Byakuya from Bleach.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
DarkChibiShadow at 10:05AM, May 18, 2008
(online)
Female side characters, like Winry.

(Can't believe I kept forgeting to put that nom. up…)

K.A.L.A-dan! Shipper!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
Skullbie at 8:12PM, May 18, 2008
(online)
I hate any non-fleshed out main character, You can predict everything they do before hand.
the author usually thinks ‘a dark past’ is fleshing out- but it just adds to the mary stu making them more annoying.

Almost all male shounen are culprit of this, typical thought:
“I'm gonna FIGHT to PROTECT others i only need to get STRONGER!”

Predictable. Same with shoujo main character girls:
“uwaaah! I don't know what to do desu! someone wisk me away cuz i'm weak…”

In fact my friends find it amazing I can pick up a random manga they've read, flip to a page, and peg every character personality exactly based on looks(despite never seeing it before).
It's not amazing, it's just all manga follow the same formula. There are no more originals being made- just re-hashes. But i love it all the same.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:45PM
jalford at 11:11PM, May 18, 2008
(online)
The pretty boys who have hundreds of fangirls chasing them, but are into loving themselves to wanna actually nail any of them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
mlai at 4:13PM, May 19, 2008
(online)
jalford
The pretty boys who have hundreds of fangirls chasing them, but are into loving themselves to wanna actually nail any of them.
No, no, that's actually a tactic that pretty boys employ.

And Winry… Yeah, wtf happened to her (anime, I never read manga). I thought she'd be an important character or something. I watched the entire series to find out that she just there so the hero has somebody to dump.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved