ozoneocean at 6:02AM, May 4, 2008
(online)
Jalford.
betcha anything

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
shaneronzio at 7:16AM, May 4, 2008
(online)
It was sort of eerie.

Looks like a cool BATMAN movie, just has that CROW thing going on.
Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
ccs1989 at 9:24AM, May 4, 2008
(online)
I'm seeing it right now! 5.83 more MB to go!
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
lastcall at 6:00PM, May 4, 2008
(offline)
Good trailer. Can't wait to see this movie. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Ziffy88 at 11:27PM, May 4, 2008
(offline)
I can't wait to see the new take on the Joker
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
mlai at 8:01PM, May 5, 2008
(online)
Heath is unrecognizable (man and voice) as Joker. Looks like a good job.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
BlueFlame_Studios at 3:54AM, May 6, 2008
(offline)
mlai
Heath is unrecognizable (man and voice) as Joker. Looks like a good job.

I agree.

This movie looks like it is going to be real great. Can't wait.

A Comic by Habilis_Orian

Autumn Blood Forums

My deviantArt Page
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
SpANG at 5:14PM, May 6, 2008
(online)
Looks okay, not great to me. Same old stale jokes. And forgive me for speaking ill of the dead, but (from what this trailer showed) Heath Ledger doesn't impress me with his cardboard acting.

Oh, and “Whoops, time to make a new batsuit”. Haven't we gone down this road already?

Overall, so far - yawn.

I'll wait 'til the movie is out for my final judgment.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
mlai at 7:08PM, May 6, 2008
(online)
The fact is that Joker, done the conventional way, is just tired for those of us in the know (the ones who read some comics and watch some cartoons). For the average American, maybe a Joker other than Nicholson (younger, leaner, whose celebrity doesn't overshadow the character being portrayed) will be fresh.

I liked Frank Miller's Joker. Now there was a Joker who wasn't stale (of course, he'd be stale now, after everyone jumped on the bandwagon after Miller showed them how it's done). And Miller's Joker smiled exactly twice in the entire run of the novel, I believe.

lefarce at 7:37PM, May 6, 2008
(offline)
Someone
Oh, and “Whoops, time to make a new batsuit”. Haven't we gone down this road already?

This time it has reason, apparently. Something about him almost becoming fish food and realizing that the batsuit is just too bulky. It's not something like “oops, have to get into the anti-ice batsuit”. More of a “this isn't really going to be up to par this time around, lets see if there is an etxra suit in the back”.

Although most of the change came from Bale's constant complaining of the old suit's lack of mobility, and heat issues. It's more of a need than a want, and had to wrote in all sneaky like. I don't think they would have taken that path, honestly, if the old suit wasn't such a pain to act in.

Someone
I liked Frank Miller's Joker. Now there was a Joker who wasn't stale (of course, he'd be stale now, after everyone jumped on the bandwagon after Miller showed them how it's done). And Miller's Joker smiled exactly twice in the entire run of the novel, I believe.

A bit more than that, but it was only a smirk and a grin, and then the full on smile. I liked this version because it showed that the Joker was a broken man without Batman, but also knew apon his reappearance that the final fight had to take place. I think he almost lost his will to live up until bats showed up. But you can't really do a Joker like that in this film.

Also, cardboard acting my arse. His voice changes in every scene as well as his overall demeanor. And it's not a change as in “this scene is sad, be sad”, it's more along the lines of the Joker reinventing himself constantly, something which the comics has eluded to time and time again, reasoning that on some days he's happy go lucky, and on others he's a mindless killer.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
SpANG at 5:46PM, May 7, 2008
(online)
Meh. I hope I'm proven wrong. I just don't see it.
mlai at 5:31PM, May 8, 2008
(online)
I've always seen Ledger as a credible actor, and not a celebrity. If he has a bad rep, I don't know where he gets it from.

ccs1989 at 6:21PM, May 8, 2008
(online)
It looks good to me. Hamill will always be my favorite Joker, for nostalgia purposes and because he was amazing in Return of the Joker. But Ledger's not bad, he's just a new kind of Joker. The voice even sort of resembles Hamill's in some scenes, and John Malkovich's in others.

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
lefarce at 11:01PM, May 8, 2008
(offline)
ccs1989
It looks good to me. Hamill will always be my favorite Joker, for nostalgia purposes and because he was amazing in Return of the Joker. But Ledger's not bad, he's just a new kind of Joker. The voice even sort of resembles Hamill's in some scenes, and John Malkovich's in others.

His voice has reminded me of a much darker version of Hamill's, which is fantastic, as I think Hamill really nailed the Joker voice. And yeah I get that Malkovich vibe too, but also Tommy Lee Jones, specially when he said “I'm a man of my word” in the first trailer. I think it's great how his voice is different in almost every scene.

Ledger's Joker is much different than the other's. It's kinda' cute seeing fans try to compare them. What he's doing seems really great, a fresh take, and I'm glad that they've got such great actors to play the clown so far. Nicholson, Hamill, and Ledger have all added their own things to the character that make them good in so many different ways.

ozoneocean at 12:09AM, May 9, 2008
(online)
lefarce
Nicholson, Hamill, and Ledger
Cesar Romero was the best.
Seriously.
My fave :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
mechanical_lullaby at 3:39AM, May 9, 2008
(online)
I'm just kind of excited to see Caine and Bale working together again. They never got much screen time together in the Prestige and I really wanted to see that because I imagine they would have had more chemistry than Caine and Jackman. Woooooo!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
ccs1989 at 1:31PM, May 9, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
lefarce
Seriously.

You just have to be different. :P

lefarce at 6:30PM, May 10, 2008
(offline)
Romero was such a pimp he refused to shave off his moustache and opted just to have them paint over it. You don't fuck with the Romero.

SpANG at 7:34PM, May 10, 2008
(online)
lefarce
Romero was such a pimp he refused to shave off his moustache and opted just to have them paint over it. You don't fuck with the Romero.
I remember seeing a mustache under the makeup. It looked like utter crap. :P

mlai
I've always seen Ledger as a credible actor, and not a celebrity. If he has a bad rep, I don't know where he gets it from.
I think Patriot Games might have soured me.

lefarce
Someone

This time it has reason, apparently. Something about him almost becoming fish food and realizing that the batsuit is just too bulky. It's not something like “oops, have to get into the anti-ice batsuit”. More of a “this isn't really going to be up to par this time around, lets see if there is an etxra suit in the back”.

Although most of the change came from Bale's constant complaining of the old suit's lack of mobility, and heat issues. It's more of a need than a want, and had to wrote in all sneaky like. I don't think they would have taken that path, honestly, if the old suit wasn't such a pain to act in.
I don't know why they need to give him a rubber suit. I always thought it was dumb. They did a great job with it in the fan pic Dead End.
lastcall at 3:28AM, May 13, 2008
(offline)
mlai
And Miller's Joker smiled exactly twice in the entire run of the novel, I believe.

Hey, look at lefarce's avatar. He ain't smilin' in that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
mlai at 6:55AM, May 14, 2008
(online)
lastcall
Hey, look at lefarce's avatar. He ain't smilin' in that.
Both Nicholson and Ledger have facial scars which cause them to appear to be permanently smiling.
Miller's Joker has a normal non-scarred face.

Hawk at 3:58PM, May 14, 2008
(online)
I'm just going to have to purge the old Nicholson Joker from my mind when I watch it, because it should probably be watched with a clean slate to be fair. Other than that I'm not going to be able to judge Joker from just this trailer. I'm excited for it, though. I hope they don't kill Joker off at the end of the movie. Kill Scarecrow or something instead.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
jalford at 1:42AM, July 11, 2008
(online)
I get the feeling the film's gonna end with Harvey Dent just becoming Two-Face, leading into having him be the main baddy in Batman 3. I hope they put Talia in that one, since it would make sense for her to reorginize the League Of Shadows and pick up where her father left off.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
lefarce at 6:27AM, July 11, 2008
(offline)
jalford
I get the feeling the film's gonna end with Harvey Dent just becoming Two-Face, leading into having him be the main baddy in Batman 3. I hope they put Talia in that one, since it would make sense for her to reorginize the League Of Shadows and pick up where her father left off.

Thankfully you are wrong.

He becomes Two-Face as his transformation is the backbone of the film. They're keeping him under wraps as to not spoil that later half of the film. He is a vigilante like Batman, but isn't afraid to kill and do what needs to be done, raising the stakes as Batman must find Dent and stop him from making terrible mistakes in the name of justice.

Plus Nolan doesn't leave you on cliffhangers. He makes his films complete as possible, which is part of why he is so great.

Also here is the first six minutes

SpANG at 10:16AM, July 16, 2008
(online)
I gotta say all those batman fanboys at rottentomatoes.com are hilarious, bashing the slightest negative review even though THEY NEVER EVEN SAW IT YET. lol!

I have to say, though. It looks better to me than it did before. Except the batsuit. It still looks gay. lol!

And yes, I liked Nicolson's portrayal of the Joker. It was great and very on-target for a pre - Frank Miller type. The Joker was always crazy, yes. Miller is the one gave him more complexity by making him a maniac (or maybe Jim Starlin deserves more credit). The more I see of Heath Ledger playing this part, the more I think it will be a good portrayal.

Micheal Keaton, as much as I like him as an actor, I thought never suited the dual role very well. Val Kilmer handled both roles okay, but there was no tragedy or intensity in his character (though that may have been a Schumaucer thing). Christian Bale plays both roles masterfully.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there.
subcultured at 2:50PM, July 16, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
lefarce
Seriously.

haha yea
J